Lydia Millen #44 Hangers are too good for peasants, gotta fund the wallpaper of pheasants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She also said she'd have her team filter the comment section for her own sanity... So is she ? Is it Depop Dee answering the comment section or Lydiot then ?
i think she’s too self absorbed to get Depop Dee or Cawwwwie to filter the comment section. She’ll want to read ALL the comments, good or bad, any attention makes her centre of attention so 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or she will at least DD or C to read them out to her and “curate” a response or DELEEEEETE 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hi guys, not sure if i’ve ever posted on a Lydia thread before but just watched her latest video.
‘I got a grant because my mom was unemployed’ correct me if i’m wrong but i’m pretty sure everyone got maintenance grants back then that you didn’t have to pay off? I’ve just finished uni and it’s recently changed so now it’s a ‘loan’ rather than a ‘grant’, but I thought everyone got grants??
Also the fact she said she didn’t get it till second year is clearly a lie as that’s just not how student loans work!! She’s obviously trying the woe is me card as if she deserves sympathy by spinning her mom was poor!!!!

And £1 a day ok Alfie Deyes

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Hi guys, not sure if i’ve ever posted on a Lydia thread before but just watched her latest video.
‘I got a grant because my mom was unemployed’ correct me if i’m wrong but i’m pretty sure everyone got maintenance grants back then that you didn’t have to pay off? I’ve just finished uni and it’s recently changed so now it’s a ‘loan’ rather than a ‘grant’, but I thought everyone got grants??
Also the fact she said she didn’t get it till second year is clearly a lie as that’s just not how student loans work!! She’s obviously trying the woe is me card as if she deserves sympathy by spinning her mom was poor!!!!

And then she went with that 1GBP into a 2nd store to buy shoes. And then she repainted them (ok, I can believe that for sure, maybe she called Ken to paint them for her). And then everyone stand up and applauded. That part of the video should go into the sub r/thathappened.
She was so poor that she had to fly to Ibiza to work over there.
Oliver Twist, who? More like twisted Lydia.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

It's all a bit blurred. Trying to spin it to make out she had nothing. Lidl never went to charity shops and adapted things. She bought cheap trash. Just like the bore fest video today telling is old antiques are her style. Rubbish. That TOWIE bed is her style. Trying to fill that bungalow with country living decor to keep up with the Josie's and it's hideous.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Hey! no not everyone got grants then. I think Student loans came in around 1997/98 ish. I started Uni in 1998 and had to apply for a student loan as grants weren't given out then. I think that was the first or the second year that grants were abolished for everyone and student loans came in. It was only if you're parents were on benefits or earned under a threshold, that you could apply for an additional grant as well as student loan. So she's not lying about that part.......

However, I repaid my student loan properly without lying about my income, unlike Lady Lidia of the Bungalow that got caught out!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
And then she went with that 1GBP into a 2nd store to buy shoes. And then she repainted them (ok, I can believe that for sure, maybe she called Ken to paint them for her). And then everyone stand up and applauded. That part of the video should go into the sub r/thathappened.
She was so poor that she had to fly to Ibiza to work over there.
Oliver Twist, who? More like twisted Lydia.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I've just got an image of Ken frantically painting the soles of her stripper heels red.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I couldn’t even finish that latest vlog. She goes on about being greatfull and then proceeds to talk about re-designing the house by going “I want....I want....I want”. She makes my teeth itch, she’s that annoying.
Edited: for spelling

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Hey! no not everyone got grants then. I think Student loans came in around 1997/98 ish. I started Uni in 1998 and had to apply for a student loan as grants weren't given out then. I think that was the first or the second year that grants were abolished for everyone and student loans came in. It was only if you're parents were on benefits or earned under a threshold, that you could apply for an additional grant as well as student loan. So she's not lying about that part.......

However, I repaid my student loan properly without lying about my income, unlike Lady Lidia of the Bungalow that got caught out!
ah thanks for the clarification! I thought maintenance grants were abolished in 2015 for some reason, didn’t think it was that early!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I've just got an image of Ken frantically painting the soles of her stripper heels red.
Sadly I find no pic of Ken and I don't wanna search her videos for a screenshot of him. Otherwise I would have done my paint-3-d magic for you 😅 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
If she put frosted glass on the front door no one would have seen her through her front door, also they’d need to have pretty good lighting and eyesight to be able to see her reflection in a thin bed post in a location quite far from the front door. I’m not buying the reflective bed excuse, she wanted a tacky Essex home like Claire C’s, then changed it to desi Perkins vibes black and white/modern hotel vibes and now she’s copying josie!
I don't understand why she doesn't just own it and admit just that. It's odd how she's happy to speak about her humble beginnings but skirts around her lack of direction when it comes to homewares and interiors and she's changing her preferences (often). At least she finally hired a professional to guide her.

Presumably, she didn't grow up in an environment where she was exposed to style (I'm guessing? I don't know her story in detail). It seems like she only saw basics as I'm guessing there was no room for interior design. This is a typical "new money" story. Embracing this would be more relatable than that bizarre reflective bed explanation. She's kind of admitted she's a bit clueless in so many words but always weaved with weird excuses and reasoning.

For someone like Amelia Liana, who grew up surrounded by fine things and professionally designed interiors, adding touches to her mews probably came naturally and with ease (or she enlisted a great designer and just didn't tell anyone or has also made a ton of mistakes has hidden it, but I'm doubtful). Either way, the accessories and bits she's added enhance the vibe of her house and pull it together (even though leaving a gap on the shoe built-in was a bit of a miss, but that plant is a nice disguise). That house is a specific aesthetic but she's certainly owning it.

I just don't understand Lydia... an odd one. Her most recent hotel vibe is nice and crisp and clean.

Reactions: 19
At least she finally hired a professional to guide her.
That professional is sadly no help. Her designs look bad. But ok, if Lydia likes it for more than a minute? I don't have to live in it.

I don't understand why she doesn't just own it and admit just that. It's odd how she's happy to speak about her humble beginnings but skirts around her lack of direction when it comes to homewares and interiors and she's changing her preferences (often). At least she finally hired a professional to guide her.

Presumably, she didn't grow up in an environment where she was exposed to style (I'm guessing? I don't know her story in detail). It seems like she only saw basics as I'm guessing there was no room for interior design. This is a typical "new money" story. Embracing this would be more relatable than that bizarre reflective bed explanation. She's kind of admitted she's a bit clueless in so many words but always weaved with weird excuses and reasoning.

For someone like Amelia Liana, who grew up surrounded by fine things and professionally designed interiors, adding touches to her mews probably came naturally and with ease (or she enlisted a great designer and just didn't tell anyone or has also made a ton of mistakes has hidden it, but I'm doubtful). Either way, the accessories and bits she's added enhance the vibe of her house and pull it together (even though leaving a gap on the shoe built-in was a bit of a miss, but that plant is a nice disguise). That house is a specific aesthetic but she's certainly owning it.

I just don't understand Lydia... an odd one. Her most recent hotel vibe is nice and crisp and clean.
Ok, I would understand if it was Lydia's first home, and she moved out of her parents quite recently. But that's not the case. I never had much money and I for sure would have other furniture if I could afford it but I still know what I need to feel good in my home. I don't have to change the WHOLE interior every 5min.
She is constantly on the hunt for what is more show-off-y. She has no own style. You see it with her clothing as well. That is no style evolution, there is no red thread (besides that she is copying others). She doesn't know who she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That professional is sadly no help. Her designs look bad. But ok, if Lydia likes it for more than a minute? I don't have to live in it.

Ok, I would understand if it was Lydia's first home, and she moved out of her parents quite recently. But that's not the case. I never had much money and I for sure would have other furniture if I could afford it but I still know what I need to feel good in my home. I don't have to change the WHOLE interior every 5min.
She is constantly on the hunt for what is more show-off-y. She has no own style. You see it with her clothing as well. That is no style evolution, there is no red thread (besides that she is copying others). She doesn't know who she is.
YES! Great point! This pheasant phase will soon end and be ripped out like the mirrors/glam/navy/resto hardware/black phases. I can do this!!!!! 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 21

I mean, it's admittedly a bit fascinating to watch. Maybe this is part of her larger plan to increase engagement (admittedly, I'm still watching her videos).

I don't think I've ever seen anyone redecorate the same house so often... it just seems like she's lost more than someone who is expressing their creativity (or however she described it). To each their own I suppose.

I've met serial decorators who flip houses - gut and decorate head to toe, but that's a business. They sell the house for a profit and move onto the next.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Yes, exactly. When she visited her gran's home (Dad's mum), the one with the Gucci and Fendi bags and grandpa who drove an Aston Martin, imo (and I do not mean to offend anyone), gran's house was very simple in decor, just basic. Not very sophisticated or stylish even for 20 / 25 years ago. And so, her tales of Gucci, Fendi, Cartier etc ... I take with a pinch of salt. I. Don't. Believe. Her. Lies.

Her Cartier watch ... I need to see a receipt, one that shows it was bought at Cartier #sorrynotsorry. Her watch probably says Catier 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Yes, exactly. When she visited her gran's home (Dad's mum), the one with the Gucci and Fendi bags and grandpa who drove an Aston Martin, imo (and I do not mean to offend anyone), gran's house was very simple in decor, just basic. Not very sophisticated or stylish even for 20 / 25 years ago. And so, her tales of Gucci, Fendi, Cartier etc ... I take with a pinch of salt. I. Don't. Believe. Her. Lies.

Her Cartier watch ... I need to see a receipt, one that shows it was bought at Cartier #sorrynotsorry. Her watch probably says Catier 🤪
It seems like she may have embellished their story (in her defence, a lot of memories are embellished) to try and give herself a bit more heritage or a family story. Who knows the reality. It's cool to have a fashionable grandmother with a chic bag collection.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If she got a student grant then they wouldn’t have been asking for it back on her wedding day. That would have been a loan that the taxman alerted to the loan company she had earned enough to pay it back.

Reactions: 23
I thought that too - Carrie at work with the 'lovely'

I think Carrie is behind a lot of Lydia's bad behaviours, outbursts etc. We don't see what goes on behind the scenes but it is clear she and Carrie are good friends (Carrie is literally the only person who puts up with her tit). I'm betting Carrie advises her things to say and do, that quite possibly could be sabotaging her, and i'm not sure Carrie has her interests at heart!!

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.