Lydia Millen #44 Hangers are too good for peasants, gotta fund the wallpaper of pheasants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys, not sure if i’ve ever posted on a Lydia thread before but just watched her latest video.
‘I got a grant because my mom was unemployed’ correct me if i’m wrong but i’m pretty sure everyone got maintenance grants back then that you didn’t have to pay off? I’ve just finished uni and it’s recently changed so now it’s a ‘loan’ rather than a ‘grant’, but I thought everyone got grants??
Also the fact she said she didn’t get it till second year is clearly a lie as that’s just not how student loans work!! She’s obviously trying the woe is me card as if she deserves sympathy by spinning her mom was poor!!!!

And £1 a day ok Alfie Deyes
My sister went to university in 2012 which would have been a few years after Lydia started. My sister got a loan which was to pay for her education and that she now has to pay back. However she also got a maintenance grant that she doesn’t have to pay back. From what I can remember everyone was entitled to a maintenance grant as well however, how much you got was dependent on your parents earnings. For example my sister got the full amount (I can’t remember how much it was) which was paid to her in increments throughout each year she attended university. She was given the full amount as my mum was still a stay at home mum, we were classed as a 1 income family regardless of how much my dad earned. However when I was applying for university I was only eligible for the smallest grant, which was significantly less as my mum had taken up employment and we became a 2 income family. Even though my mum wasn’t earning enough to even pay tax on her wage. Unfortunately Lydia being from a 1 income family meant she would have got the full grant which if my memory serves correctly I think my sister got almost 30k over her 4 years at university. They have since abolished this particular grant scheme and have replaced it with something else as it was a rubbish scheme which meant a lot of students were left struggling.
But just to clarify Lydia would have to pay back her student loan. which is why I believe (if true) the tax man came knocking around the time of her wedding however the maintenance grant she wouldn’t have had to pay back.

Reactions: 19
I think Carrie is behind a lot of Lydia's bad behaviours, outbursts etc. We don't see what goes on behind the scenes but it is clear she and Carrie are good friends (Carrie is literally the only person who puts up with her tit). I'm betting Carrie advises her things to say and do, that quite possibly could be sabotaging her, and i'm not sure Carrie has her interests at heart!!
Maybe Carrie is really the organ grinder and Lydia is just the monkey! LOL

My sister went to university in 2012 which would have been a few years after Lydia started. My sister got a loan which was to pay for her education and that she now has to pay back. However she also got a maintenance grant that she doesn’t have to pay back. From what I can remember everyone was entitled to a maintenance grant as well however, how much you got was dependent on your parents earnings. For example my sister got the full amount (I can’t remember how much it was) which was paid to her in increments throughout each year she attended university. She was given the full amount as my mum was still a stay at home mum, we were classed as a 1 income family regardless of how much my dad earned. However when I was applying for university I was only eligible for the smallest grant, which was significantly less as my mum had taken up employment and we became a 2 income family. Even though my mum wasn’t earning enough to even pay tax on her wage. Unfortunately Lydia being from a 1 income family meant she would have got the full grant which if my memory serves correctly I think my sister got almost 30k over her 4 years at university. They have since abolished this particular grant scheme and have replaced it with something else as it was a rubbish scheme which meant a lot of students were left struggling.
But just to clarify Lydia would have to pay back her student loan. which is why I believe (if true) the tax man came knocking around the time of her wedding however the maintenance grant she wouldn’t have had to pay back.
I think what tended to happen is that if you had a student applying to university and needing funding and their parents were separated or divorced, they'd report the income of the person earning the least, so in her case possibly, she said she was living with her Mum, (even if she wasn't) and what her mum's income was and completely ignored her Dad's income as by then her parents were divorced. Her Dad could have been earning more than would allow her to apply for a grant, but by leaving him out of the equation and only declaring her Mum's income, hey presto she is eligible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I think what tended to happen is that if you had a student applying to university and needing funding and their parents were separated or divorced, they'd report the income of the person earning the least, so in her case possibly, she said she was living with her Mum, (even if she wasn't) and what her mum's income was and completely ignored her Dad's income as by then her parents were divorced. Her Dad could have been earning more than would allow her to apply for a grant, but by leaving him out of the equation and only declaring her Mum's income, hey presto she is eligible.
This is exactly what used to happen. It meant a lot of people took advantage of the system and ended up with huge sums of money when they didn't need it and a lot students who actually could have benefitted from some financial help weren't given much. It was a terrible system and I'm glad they have gotten ridden of it.

Reactions: 17
Just checked her analytics. She is growing faster than Victoria, even faster than Tamara that from what I can see has currently 3 FEATURED Reels on instagram (means instagram is pushing them). Lydia has no content, nothing featured yet is growing faster. How long is she going to buy followers for? Everyone can see it. Surely brands can see it too.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Whilst watching Judge Judy (my fave !!! I swear I'm not a pensioner lol) and deleting Lydiot's numerous bot followers, I came across this IG account ... 😅😅😅
This needs multiple 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
So over her tit!

LOL OK ANNA WINTOUR
Lol! 🤣🤣🤣
God help us if she actually designs her own range of clothing and has to think about sizing and fabrics and customer service!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
So over her tit!

Lol! 🤣🤣🤣
God help us if she actually designs her own range of clothing and has to think about sizing and fabrics and customer service!
What will be the clothing company name, ''Cinchby''? and slogan: ''I''ll cinch in, and you do you lovely x''..? :unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
So over her tit!

Lol! 🤣🤣🤣
I’m not sure she would get sizing right, we would be allowed 0 0+ 0- and she would get sued for not providing for all! That would not be a globy « ’easy escape »!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The. Bloody. Delusional. Heifer.
The actual nerve to post this.
Has she been hitting the sauce again and is drunk AF ?

* laughing hysterically *
I believe this is in direct response to us Tattlers pointing out her loss of luxury brands wanting her. So she drags in a clothes rack to the kitchen, prints out some dresses and now she's working on "bigger and better" things. Right. :rolleyes:

Yes, just like she WORKED on Globy for 2 years and WORKED on the Karen Millen Boo Hoo edit for two years yet before it launched, items from the edit were already on the site for sale and many already marked down.

She is so full of tit and fraudulent. She can see people noticing ITF, Amelia Lane, Tamara etc still getting work from high end brands and putting out excellent content. I'm not a fan of any of them either but they don't come across as snarky, fangy, bitchy twats and obviously have something luxury brands want that Lydiot does not.

She's bleeping flailing and has lost direction- from her sprootlings, to the fake books she reads, to the raised beds and greenhouse, to the redesign of every room in the house by an interior decorator, to now a wine cellar and to "bigger and better" things. Probably another Boo Hoo or Nasty Gal edit. She's just so ridiculous and desperate, clearly.

And so she admits to using her uni loan for an expensive flat and designer bags instead of what it was meant for. What an irresponsible moron. Serves her right they came after her fraudulent ass on her Wedding Day. She bloody deserved it.

And yes, fellow US Tattlers, please stay safe and secure tonight and over the next few days. I plan to sit by the fire at home with a cocktail and watch this tit show continue. Hopefully we won't have 4 more years of this horror show we've all been forced to endure. Take good care.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The. Bloody. Delusional. Heifer.
The actual nerve to post this.
Has she been hitting the sauce again and is drunk AF ?

* laughing hysterically *
This is so rude and ungrateful sounding to the brands she did partner with this year. Like, this is actually really really unprofessional.

Reactions: 28
Genuine question. I’m born and raised in London so I just wanted to ask if it was normal to call the people working on her house ‘tradesmen’ or ‘tradespeople’. If anyone comes round I would usually just say “the plumber is here” “the builders and painters are working in the living room today” not tradesmen. I just wanted to check if that was a normal way of referring to people working in her house or if that was just another Lydiaism to sound more upper class.

(I know they’re actual tradesmen/tradespeople btw. I just mean is that how the everday person refers to them as opposed to just calling them the painter/the decorator. Just wanted to confirm haha)

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
Genuine question. I’m born and raised in London so I just wanted to ask if it was normal to call the people working on her house ‘tradesmen’ or ‘tradespeople’. If anyone comes round I would usually just say “the plumber is here” “the builders and painters are working in the living room today” not tradesmen. I just wanted to check if that was a normal way of referring to people working in her house or if that was just another Lydiaism to sound more upper class.

(I know they’re actual tradesmen/tradespeople btw. I just mean is that how the everday person refers to them as opposed to just calling them the painter/the decorator. Just wanted to confirm haha)
In my opinion, no. Lydia is the first person I have heard use that general term, normally I would say builder, plumber, carpenter, electrician etc. I've only seen the term tradesmen, normally shortened to just trades used for business purposes such as a B&Q trades card etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

No I don’t think you refer to them as tradesmen unless you live on a country estate where there are so many working for you that you need a collective noun. For her she should say the stone masons, the decorators, and whoever the poor sods are that come into the radius of her existence and refer to them by their line of work. That is how surnames came about...they described the job that the person was capable of doing. To call them tradesmen is to put them all in a single homogeneous class and that assumes you differentiate yourself from them by being in another class.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Whilst watching Judge Judy (my fave !!! I swear I'm not a pensioner lol) and deleting Lydiot's numerous bot followers, I came across this IG account ... 😅😅😅
Well spotted! This account and KG on YouTube, must be the same person :D

Reactions: 6
That latest story is the most hilarious thing she posted yet - a rail of clothes in her kitchen while she browses print offs of clothing pictures? What on earth is she supposed to be doing? If she was actually browsing pictures for a work project, you know there's no way she'd post them; she'd be all coy and hinting at what she was doing.
Also if it was "a collection" the pieces will look more coordinated and same colour palette. Is just a mess

Reactions: 10
I just cant help to think she comes across as such a hypocrite in this last vlog. She tries to come across as genuine and nice person calling out other people (while I think she describes herself). Like Ali doesn't like things that are a bit used or dirty. While she does...
I mean for all we know she is the one designing the house over a over. Also is very annoying she keeps copying other people like the pheasants she bought. I still wonder how long she can go like this.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.