Lydia Millen #43 Wonky coffin bed whining, bunga-bore redesigning, insta bots declining!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree ...Ellebelle is another fantastic member that makes me laugh out loud. Loved the sperm bank bit!
The hard work doesn’t stop here. I have a drawer to organise. .......Has to be one of my fave millen quotes
...and you are our Queen of our side-splitting one liners...nobody does it better. 😂 😂 😂

it says for the degree of PhD. I only know she didn't have a Master but could do the degree (of PhD) anyway (it is sometimes possible depends on various reasons).
what is the difference?
https://www.escholar.manchester.ac....-ac-man-scw:236494&datastreamId=FULL-TEXT.PDF
The usual route is degree first. Masters afterwards and then PhD after that. This generally adds on quite a few years to staying at Uni.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Spiders

I don’t understand and I really can’t see
Why so many spiders are frightened of me
When I enter a room they all scuttle away
And then - when I’ve gone - they come back out to play
What’s wrong with me? Is it my nose or my cheeks
Or maybe the lips I’ve been plumping for weeks
It may be my legs with the knee-joints I’ve locked
Or maybe the haute couture wellies I’ve rocked
It could be my scent - it can’t be my manners
Their hatred of me opens whole bags of spanners
I know they don’t like me - it’s simply not fair
It can’t be my presence - it must be my hair
When I open the shed there’s not one to be seen
Have they all gone to London to visit the Queen?
I want them to like me and make me feel better
I’m thinking of writing them all a long letter
I'd love for a huge, giant spider collection
If they voted me in at their spider election
I would promise all spiders a much better life
Their poor would be fed and their hospitals rife
With the finest of doctors and nurses; what’s more
There’d be new spider nurseries at every front door
I’d make sure their young went to good private schools
They could scuttle at will since there wouldn’t be rules
I’d enhance their lives daily; they’d be so carefree
Providing each one of them proved they liked me
With my name on their ‘Cobweb Collection’ - I’d say
It would all be sold out by the very next day
Arachnid! - The Edit - would be sheer perfection
I could demonstrate how to improve each complexion
I’d allow them admittance on each shrieking hike
We could get drunk together; so what’s not to like?
At the roadside I’d tell them all stories ‘bout me
Then sober them up with my posh Cotswold‘s tea
I could knit them all booties to warm up their legs
And in return they could help me with my begs
If - God forbid - I end up as a spinster
They could each cheer me up giving 8 likes on Insta
I’d go through the roof - my engagement would soar
I’d buy Jade Holland-Cooper’s house - Grimsby and more
So if anyone has any tips I could use
For spell-binding spiders - I’d welcome your views
Below in the comments - I’d have no contrition
3 million by Christmas is now my ambition...
Brilliant! You have made my day. Again. So unbelievably talented. ❤❤❤❤👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
...and you are our Queen of our side-splitting one liners...nobody does it better. 😂 😂 😂

The usual route is degree first. Masters afterwards and then PhD after that. This generally adds on quite a few years to staying at Uni.
I think there is a misconception about the terminology of "degree". A bachelors is a degree as is the masters or the phd.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_degree

Quote: An academic degree is a qualification awarded to students upon successful completion of a course of study in higher education, usually at a college or university. These institutions commonly offer degrees at various levels, usually including bachelor's, master's and doctorates, often alongside other academic certificates and professional degrees. The most common undergraduate degree is the bachelor's degree, although in some countries there are lower level higher education qualifications that are also titled degrees (e.g. associate degrees and foundation degrees).

This is at least how I understood it and how it is handled in Germany.

Lol, someone wrote a Bachelor thesis about Lydia :ROFLMAO:
https://digilib.k.utb.cz/bitstream/handle/10563/40459/lehotská_2017_dp.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
The first few sites are on Czech(?) but the rest is in English. I was on the hunt for Lydia's BA but only found this.
Edit: It's not as exciting as expected. -_-

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
it says for the degree of PhD. I only know she didn't have a Master but could do the degree (of PhD) anyway (it is sometimes possible depends on various reasons).
what is the difference?
https://www.escholar.manchester.ac....-ac-man-scw:236494&datastreamId=FULL-TEXT.PDF

View attachment 286198
Yes for some subjects for examples the arts including fashion you can bypass your masters and go straight to PhD but it isn’t easy and you need a strong letter of recommendation from your lecturer. Personally I think it says a lot that she was accepted without doing her masters first and then afterwards was invited to be a lecturer. I don’t always like what Frow is doing influencer wise but I can appreciate her dedication to learning about fashion and marketing.

Reactions: 14
I think there is a misconception about the terminology of "degree". A bachelors is a degree as is the masters or the phd.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_degree

Quote: An academic degree is a qualification awarded to students upon successful completion of a course of study in higher education, usually at a college or university. These institutions commonly offer degrees at various levels, usually including bachelor's, master's and doctorates, often alongside other academic certificates and professional degrees. The most common undergraduate degree is the bachelor's degree, although in some countries there are lower level higher education qualifications that are also titled degrees (e.g. associate degrees and foundation degrees).

This is at least how I understood it and how it is handled in Germany.

Lol, someone wrote a Bachelor thesis about Lydia :ROFLMAO:
https://digilib.k.utb.cz/bitstream/handle/10563/40459/lehotská_2017_dp.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
The first few sites are on Czech(?) but the rest is in English. I was on the hunt for Lydia's BA but only found this.
Edit: It's not as exciting as expected. -_-
Sorry for my misconception. I had no idea Lydia had a PhD. We should be calling her Dr Millen then.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes for some subjects for examples the arts including fashion you can bypass your masters and go straight to PhD but it isn’t easy and you need a strong letter of recommendation from your lecturer. Personally I think it says a lot that she was accepted without doing her masters first and then afterwards was invited to be a lecturer. I don’t always like what Frow is doing influencer wise but I can appreciate her dedication to learning about fashion and marketing.
While I dislike her stylistic layout of her work (she has chapter nummers like it is an url with so many under chapters and in general the layout of the chapters) she put much effort in her thesis. She really worked her ass off for it.

Sorry for my misconception. I had no idea Lydia had a PhD.
I talked about Victoria who has an Phd and you are right that Lydia has a Bachelors in business/marketing.

Reactions: 8
Why do you think she has a PhD? She worked for that between Ibiza and marrying Ali? I thought she just had a BA. Or are you talking about Victoria??

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sorry for my misconception. I had no idea Lydia had a PhD. We should be calling her Dr Millen then.
Not Lydia, Victoria from in the Frow has a PhD

Why do you think she has a PhD? She worked for that between Ibiza and marrying Ali? I thought she just had a BA. Or are you talking about Victoria??
I’m talking about Victoria

Sorry for the confusion, we were discussing how Victoria advertises brands versus Lydia and I was putting it down to Victoria being more knowledgeable about the industry as she has a PhD and was a lecturer as opposed to Lydia having an undergraduate degree but still not understanding marketing.

Reactions: 11
Lydia has a doctorate in being a lazy scraping the bottom of the barrel moo moo.

Someone should write a thesis (regardless which level) on how to detect follower-buying influencers and include Lydia's Insta. That would be nice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Lydia has a doctorate in being a lazy scraping the bottom of the barrel moo moo.

Someone should write a thesis (regardless which level) on how to detect follower-buying influencers and include Lydia's Insta. That would be nice.
I had a colleague write hers on how influencers and brands prey on women’s vulnerabilities and their use of filters and photoshop and cosmetic procedures to deceive potential buyers. She talked about how brands play on insecurities and sexualise children as a way to promote youthfulness and how influencers potentially aren’t good advertisers due to how many brands they work with and lack of advertising standards etc.

Sorry to jump on. Did anyone see the thread about her on Beautygurruchatter in reddit ?
No but I just googled it and the first comment is: globylydia sounds like something you can test positive for 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Because she is all about minimum effort for maximum reward.

We saw in the vlog, her and 2 assistants turn up for the photo shoot. All they did was cackle and giggle and help themselves to free drink in the Boodles apartment. She wore H&M creased old sacks, and made the whole thing about her not the jewellery. No clue what the brief was or what the photographers and you would assume a stylist/creative director person was there too. But no doubt Lydia insisted on those clothes. It was so bog standard Lydia she may as well have done it at home!
Going back to my previous comment. This is why I don't think she was paid for this. Why would Boodles pay her for such tit content. I would really like to think that this was a quid pro quo type of deal. Maybe this kind of arrangement would be better going forward with influencers and certainly better value for the brands. Then idiots like lydiot would have to prove their worth.
ETA Doesn't look like Boodles has put anything on their Insta pages. So it can't be an official campaign.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.