Lydia Millen #42 Karen Millen “couture,” Globy’s dead for sure.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s still for sale......
I'm in the US and all I see is the scarf. Some sellers will not ship larger items internationally. I might message her and ask about the watercolour.
[/QUOTE]
I contacted the seller (who is also the artist) and she is going to get back to me later in the day. Thanks for the info.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just can't get over the waste - ripping out practically brand new flooring and fitted wardrobes; it's honestly disgusting. We renovated our new house last year because it hadn't been looked after for a decade and was rotten, filthy and leaking and I still felt guilty ripping it apart and creating so much waste.
If your house was 'rotten, filthy and leaking' I really think you should not beat yourself up for renovating!!! :D

Ali's dressing room, on the other hand - what's wrong with the units they built less than two years ago. Disgusting waste.

• Angry
Reactions: 28
My bad... she posted on the home account wall.

But then sales are even more grim considering lol. Wouldn’t you want to do a proper sales pitch in every way? Guess she likes to do the least amount possible.
And it seems that she does not fact check.
I do not know if I’m blind or she cannot count, but it’s not a 5 piece edit? There’s 3 sets, 4 works in total. 😐

Did she get confused and thought there were supposed to be 5 works? Does 5 as a number sound better than 3 or 4?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I will never get over them paying over a million for the bungalow with this nursing home style floor plan.
We were discussing yesterday them devaluing their house with their horrid garden ideas but it dawned on me today watching Ali’s vlog how much they would have devalued their house having 2 large rooms turned into dressing rooms. It’s not really a thing in the UK to have these huge walk in wardrobes let alone having 2. It’s quite a niche market and if you don’t want the dressing rooms, imagine the cost of having to have them ripped out 😭
I didn't put fitted wardrobes even in my bedroom for this reason, as I've looked at many houses with very dated fitted units
Major eye wrinkles on Aldi, he's only 31.View attachment 283735
They don't eat any vegetables so they will be aging rapidly!

Shes changing the utility AGAIN bleeping hell shes mad. Although Im glad that hideous light in the lounge is going.
She's only just got that light!! She said ti was her light of dreams. She's a fecking joke.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I cannot even deal with them redoing the laundry room AGAIN. It’s beautiful and it’s a laundry room!!!!!!!! the whole entire house was redone around her black and white obsession just last YT and now she’s painting the whole thing and adding cheap paneling and fake beams. And we all know in 2 months she’ll be into a whole new vibe.

And Ali actually considering ripping that closet room down and starting over. He certainly does NOT need to replace the flooring in a CLOSET whether it feels real under his feet or not. And he could easily work with what he has to take off the Corinthian columns as those are decorative pieces applied and add an island and paint it dark. It’s so horrifically wasteful.

With regards to his study/office. Fair enough to have that be an office so he’s got an actual space in the house to work. But just buy a desk and chair and work with the paint and paneling that’s in there. Change out theRH knock off light fixture and move on.

• Sick
I pop in about once a month. I’m currently watching LEM open some “Art”. I guess it’s a personal thing 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I love how she phrases it as Ali "FINALLY getting his dream dressing room" like what?! Didn't you say the same a year ago when he also got his dream dressing room designed?

But then Charley got a dark dressing room so Ali needed a dark dressing room.
EXACTLY! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 TOTALLY NUTSVILLE

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Admittedly Claire can be a bit strange and scattered but I quite like this post this am. Gratitude and humility. Lydia you could use a bit of this in your life. Take take take. Me me me.
40EF3561-3419-43C4-9A4F-BA9843595D0B.jpeg

• Heart
I didn't put fitted wardrobes even in my bedroom for this reason, as I've looked at many houses with very dated fitted units
Tell me about it! I have one fitted wardrobe in my house and it’s because we ripped out this weird creepy cupboard and put a wardrobe in its place and an estate agent was like fitted wardrobes make houses harder to sell as it stops a buyer imagining the room and they think of the cost of ripping them out 🙄🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I cannot even deal with them redoing the laundry room AGAIN. It’s beautiful and it’s a laundry room!!!!!!!! the whole entire house was redone around her black and white obsession just last YT and now she’s painting the whole thing and adding cheap paneling and fake beams. And we all know in 2 months she’ll be into a whole new vibe.

And Ali actually considering ripping that closet room down and starting over. He certainly does NOT need to replace the flooring in a CLOSET whether it feels real under his feet or not. And he could easily work with what he has to take off the Corinthian columns as those are decorative pieces applied and add an island and paint it dark. It’s so horrifically wasteful.

With regards to his study/office. Fair enough to have that be an office so he’s got an actual space in the house to work. But just buy a desk and chair and work with the paint and paneling that’s in there. Change out theRH knock off light fixture and move on.
What are the new plans for the laundry room for Christ’s sake?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What are the new plans for the laundry room for Christ’s sake?
Modern country feel where art speaks first! Um what?! I’m an interior designer and this is INSANITY! Hang a botanical print in there and shut the F up woman! Don’t re paint it or whatever AGAIN! And below is one year ago. The laundry, stairs, bathroom guest rooms etc. One! The last time she repainted from all navy everywhere... the entire house was “done”.

All joking aside I really thing the black and white is so nice and the whole house is cohesive. To try to make it go from modern to transitional to rustic in a year is so odd. She’s going to have to rethink the whole house and lighting and it looks beautiful just the way it is.

There is NO way the current powder room, master and stairways (and all that fake paneling) will work with this rustic sage parade.
Interior design 101 Make your home Classic in all of the permanent and pricey design bones and change up the whims of style with inexpensive things like pillows and towels and occasionally paint. Even painting alone is extremely expensive when you talk about cabinetry, millwork, all the doors etc.

AA2CC70E-B1B0-4EBF-B882-3E7CC6F2EECD.jpeg
D5499F4B-66BE-4DBC-BF96-BC97674916EB.jpeg
E7C4D3C7-8CFD-44F2-B8E8-14036746C294.jpeg
1E01A1CD-7EFB-41B4-AF15-405D1D22E889.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Little Ali, the giant Lidl shaped raised beds and the enormous bone 😲!

Apols for image but better ones wouldn't load! View attachment 283819
@Miscanthus, this is hilarious! Watching this whole gardening saga play out is tragi-comedy and the fact that the leaves are gleefully settling on the raised beds is the icing on the cake after her laughing at Aldi constantly clearing the leaves in the urinal area. He obviously expects her to do the same. Ha!

• Haha
All this refurb inside would easily have paid to have the kitchen garden properly landscaped and a greenhouse installed. They are like gnats flitting about with these delusional ideas saying it’s all about harmony with your surroundings.....so far there’s been zero harmony and maximum aggravation. There is nothing underneath these Neanderthals and why they think they can influence anybody is farcical. I’m off to hoe my herbaceous border.
On the other hand it is a very funny saga. The garden beds have been the most entertaining thing I’ve seen in weeks. They have a gift, finally, that is not sponsored.

On a different note I think they should embrace the current trend for Art that is Psycho Realism ( as Saatchi calls it ).
it would be far less twatty and banal.

This, for example, seems to reflect their inner turmoil....
E42E024A-3121-4785-B9F7-441BFEB2DD50.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Lydia should learn a thing or two about the Devines (family from america) they just finished their house and film every step of the way. Their house is just amazing, and design wise even the lighting is so good. They travel to many places to find inspiration. That is creative and design. Lydia just want to compite with all the other we know that soon would all be irrelevant. Anyone will be so happy to own such a house but mo she has to keep doing it over and over 🤔

Reactions: 11
Modern country feel where art speaks first! Um what?! I’m an interior designer and this is INSANITY! Hang a botanical print in there and shut the F up woman! Don’t re paint it or whatever AGAIN! And below is one year ago. The laundry, stairs, bathroom guest rooms etc. One! The last time she repainted from all navy everywhere... the entire house was “done”.

All joking aside I really thing the black and white is so nice and the whole house is cohesive. To try to make it go from modern to transitional to rustic in a year is so odd. She’s going to have to rethink the whole house and lighting and it looks beautiful just the way it is.

There is NO way the current powder room, master and stairways (and all that fake paneling) will work with this rustic sage parade.
Interior design 101 Make your home Classic in all of the permanent and pricey design bones and change up the whims of style with inexpensive things like pillows and towels and occasionally paint. Even painting alone is extremely expensive when you talk about cabinetry, millwork, all the doors etc.

View attachment 284036View attachment 284041View attachment 284049View attachment 284050
It bugs me so much that she has spent so much money redecorating over and over but doesn't have integrated appliances in her 'laundry room'.
It looks so messy and cheap with the washing machines on show.

Reactions: 11
Is anyone else waiting for them to realize how tit the garden beds will look? Why aren’t they leveling the ground and then setting the beds? The way they are digging one into the ground and raising another one 15cm is going to give the illusion the beds are on a [giant] hill. Can they do anything the right way?
We shouldn’t worry because she will use any excuse to completely redo her garden in a few months or use it as an excuse to not garden.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Lydia Millen #42 Nose in the air, still red in her hair, wannabe millionaire, still bossing Alistair

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
It bugs me so much that she has spent so much money redecorating over and over but doesn't have integrated appliances in her 'laundry room'.
It looks so messy and cheap with the washing machines on show.
I'm pretty sure she had integrated appliances when they did the first round of decorating in the utility room.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.