Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AmaliaLana

VIP Member
If Lyds had real B12 absorption issues she would getting it by injection
You can get IV (intra venous) at the doctor's office or subcutan (SC) for at home (I think it is rather subcutaneous than intra-muscular (IM) since that could be painful). If you have no absorption problems pills or drops should do the trick (drops get absorbed over the mucous membrane of the oral skin while pills over the mucous membranes of the rest digestive system).
Granted Lydia never did a blood test and the doctor gave her the injection (don't know if it was IV or SC or IM, it was a injection syringe) just for energy push reasons. You can do that but I would suggest a blood test beforehand. Her lethargy could have serious reasons. B12 can push you but its more a crutch than a solution (when you are not B12 depleted in the first place). And Lydia has a strong tendency for placebo effect, so I would take her review of the B12 injection with a grain of salt. And it is a pattern of her behaviour to fish for dopamine kicks in doing/getting/acquiring something new that would also make her euphoric.
B12 gets stored in the body since it is usually a fat-soluble vitamin (depends on the actual molecule). Vit C is water-soluble and flushes out with urine.

I have a theory - I think it’s to show off and over the top about “community”. I know in some small towns in the UK people don’t lock their doors etc (not where I live, I’ve only seen people saying it on the internet but don’t know anyone who does in real life!) but even so. I think it’s to make a point about how safe it is where she lives etc... (not that safe if your neighbours are shooting cats?🤔)

.... or it’s to make her house freezing cold so she can show off by putting on the fire and sitting with her expensive blanket? 😂
I thought the question was a joke since she and Carrie constantly say "shut the front door" :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

vuhvuh

Hi girls, does any of you have useful tips how to grow on Youtube/IG nowadays? Obviously its harder and harder to grow these days as there is so much content everywhere but I think its still possible. I ask because I would like to grow my Youtube and Instagram because of my business. Its not in English though but in my native language. Any ideas?
Thank you

AmaliaLana

VIP Member
Was Ali seriously throwing around a bloody sausage in that IG video?!?!
Idk, I only saw the screenshot posted here. It looked like one and since the blood sausages were our topic of the day I thought I would refer to it. 🌭

my semi-serious title suggestion: Lydia Millen #41 Lydiot's thread is dead I go to bed, GLOBY

Last edited:
  • Haha
Hi girls, does any of you have useful tips how to grow on Youtube/IG nowadays? Obviously its harder and harder to grow these days as there is so much content everywhere but I think its still possible. I ask because I would like to grow my Youtube and Instagram because of my business. Its not in English though but in my native language. Any ideas?
Thank you
For YT Maybe start with hauls like Zara apologies I'm not the best at this kind of thing , but judging from viewer participation Zara and HM appear to be the favourite . I follow Ronas Vlog on you tube I believe she's in Sweden but she takes you on a what's new in Zara, Mango and HM , doesn't speak just shows you the clothes and the price her YT followers have grown massively in the last 5 months X

Oops...

VIP Member
Ok Tattlers, you might want to write this down!

Another thread and Lidl has been saying it with her chest...and let's face it, her chest does not make any sense!

We have had to resort to watching Aldi's mansplaining videos...yawn...to see the 'real' Lydia Millen....the dressing gown wearing, ratty haired, miserable, moaning boss babe with her phone in her hand, troughing down on beige food, some of which was donated by fellow influencer, the real Lady Aga of the Cotswolds, Josie!

On a more elevated note, we've had poems and Shakespearean speeches, humorous Qs and As, funny photographs and a lorra lorra laughs!

We've had answers to many of our questions, unfortunately not from Lidl, but from somebody far more eloquent and funny @Elle Belle

However, we are still waiting to hear about the greenhouse, blood test, house facelift, GHD winner, Nonna's health, bedroom redesign, dressing room faults addressed, and outdoor kitchen!

On the plus side, we have been entertained by....
1. A sick cat....... 'I'm taking the week off'
2. Sage Dior bag with twilly ...... 'I didn't enjoy buying it'
3. Six raised veggie beds .....'Just nipping down the garden centre'
4. Lidl being invited to speak about internet bullying...'I'm revealing more than ever'
5. A clothing edit with........'guess who?..... Chanel, Dior, Net a Porter ......er no. ....Karen Millen'
6. New hair colour..... 'I never wanted the dip dye look anyway'
7. Open air cinema....for two.... on a cold night....
8. Pizza, pasta, popcorn, cheese, more pasta, Mackie D, kebab...please refer to 3.
9. Intimissimissimiiimememe lingerie shoot from the bedroom chair
10. Damaging the Aston and Landrover wheels...
11. Pimplegate

Please excuse me...i haven't finished reading the last thread yet!
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽💖

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Zenchick101

VIP Member
One could think that she should have the right dishes for her meals but alas.. a bowl for something that needs to get cut in pieces.
Lydia, you need a new set of dishes. Haul in 1...2...3..

I hate it as well :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn’t have known that was a scotch egg if he hadn’t tagged it, I thought it was a baked potato with tinned tomatoes 🤭
what even is a scotch egg?

• Haha

AmaliaLana

VIP Member
B12 cannot be stored
a cite from the german wiki Gesunde Erwachsene speichern in ihrer Leber 2000–5000 µg Vitamin B12. Das gefüllte Depot reicht aus, um eine Unterversorgung über mehrere Jahre hinweg auszugleichen
it says healthy adult store it in their liver, the filled depot is enough to counteract a undersupply for plenty of years.

Vitamin B12 is needed to help you absorb iron.
Vereinfachend zusammengefasst ist Vitamin B12 wichtig für die Zellteilung und Blutbildung sowie die Funktion des Nervensystems.

It is important for cell differentiation and blood cell formation (that happens mostly in the bone marrow) and it is also very important for the nervous system.

Yes, you can get acne due to B12, for some people it depends on the form of cobalamine they use

The corresponding English wiki:
Storage and excretion (it can be stored)
How fast B12 levels change depends on the balance between how much B12 is obtained from the diet, how much is secreted and how much is absorbed. The total amount of vitamin B12 stored in the body is about 2–5 mg in adults. Around 50% of this is stored in the liver. Approximately 0.1% of this is lost per day by secretions into the gut, as not all these secretions are reabsorbed. Bile is the main form of B12 excretion; most of the B12 secreted in the bile is recycled via enterohepatic circulation. Excess B12 beyond the blood's binding capacity is typically excreted in urine. Owing to the extremely efficient enterohepatic circulation of B12, the liver can store 3 to 5 years' worth of vitamin B12; therefore, nutritional deficiency of this vitamin is rare in adults in the absence of malabsorption disorders.

Deficiency (it's not for the blood cells working, it's for their genesis and much more functions in the body)
Vitamin B12 deficiency can potentially cause severe and irreversible damage, especially to the brain and nervous system.[2][13] At levels only slightly lower than normal, a range of symptoms such as fatigue, lethargy, difficulty walking (staggering balance problems),[14] depression, poor memory, breathlessness, headaches, and pale skin, among others, may be experienced especially in people over age 60.[2][15] Vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause symptoms of mania and psychosis.[16][17]

The main type of vitamin B 12 deficiency anemia is pernicious anemia.[18] It is characterized by a triad of symptoms:

1. Anemia with bone marrow promegaloblastosis (megaloblastic anemia). This is due to the inhibition of DNA synthesis (specifically purines and thymidine).
  2. Gastrointestinal symptoms: alteration in bowel motility, such as mild diarrhea or constipation, and loss of bladder or bowel control.[19] These are thought to be due to defective DNA synthesis inhibiting replication in tissue sites with a high turnover of cells. This may also be due to the autoimmune attack on the parietal cells of the stomach in pernicious anemia. There is an association with GAVE syndrome (commonly called watermelon stomach) and pernicious anemia.[20]
  3. Neurological symptoms: Sensory or motor deficiencies (absent reflexes, diminished vibration or soft touch sensation) and subacute combined degeneration of spinal cord.[21] Deficiency symptoms in children include developmental delay, regression, irritability, involuntary movements and hypotonia.[22]

Last edited:
  • Heart

Zenchick101

VIP Member
Trying to copy Patricia Bright and her husband who own 3 other properties and have just bought a 4th a week or so ago. That is a property portfolio.
Of course, our moron Lydiot assumes she is in the same league as Patricia Bright. Some day Lydiot. Some day. 🤡
maybe im dense but so owning multiple investment properties and creating a company overtop them is a property portfolio?

• Haha

Zenchick101

VIP Member
When I was little someone (I guess my gran) left a blood wurst in front of our door for my mother to pick it up (inside the house not outside, lol). I still can smell it. She fried it in the pan cut into slices. She also liked to cook or fry liver... fuck me, the blood vessels, every time I bit on them...

Lydia, go, run into Neptunes, they got the newest Dior book tote in darkened sage

View attachment 264912
nasty stuff isn't it? I like goose, duck and any kind of liver spread myself but fried or cooked not so much. What's neptune? don't remember that from my trips to the uk

No, not really. You receive it from "dirt". They have to feed the cattle extra food with B12 addition. (Is what I heard, I cite it without proper source)
Edit: sorry, I overread the soil part. So, yes, its partly correct but when you read the part about bacteria and archaea you see what I had in mind (my midn right now: 🥴)

Since my wiki is still open, this is what they say about animal derived and B12
Animals store vitamin B12 in the liver and muscles and some pass the vitamin into their eggs and milk; meat, liver, eggs and milk are therefore sources of the vitamin for other animals as well as humans.[7][1][57] For humans, the bioavailability from eggs is less than 9%, compared to 40% to 60% from fish, fowl and meat.[58] Insects are a source of B12 for animals (including other insects and humans).[57][59] Food sources with a high concentration of vitamin B12 include liver and other organ meats from lamb, veal, beef, and turkey; shellfish and crab meat.[2][7][60]

This is what I meant with the dirt comment:
Bacteria and archaea
Vitamin B12 is produced in nature by certain bacteria, and archaea.[50][51][52] It is synthesized by some bacteria in the gut flora in humans and other animals, but it has long been thought that humans cannot absorb this as it is made in the colon, downstream from the small intestine, where the absorption of most nutrients occurs.[53] Ruminants, such as cows and sheep, are foregut fermenters, meaning that plant food undergoes microbial fermentation in the rumen before entering the true stomach (abomasum), and thus they are absorbing vitamin B12 produced by bacteria.[53][54] Other mammalian species (examples: rabbits, pikas, beaver, guinea pigs) consume high-fibre plants which pass through the intestinal system and undergo bacterial fermentation in the cecum and large intestine. The first-passage of feces produced by this hindgut fermentation, called "cecotropes", are re-ingested, a practice referred to as cecotrophy or coprophagy. Re-ingestion allows for absorption of nutrients made available by bacterial digestion, and also of vitamins and other nutrients synthesized by the gut bacteria, including vitamin B12.[54] Non-ruminant, non-hindgut herbivores may have an enlarged forestomach and/or small intestine to provide a place for bacterial fermentation and B-vitamin product, including B12.[54] For gut bacteria to produce vitamin B12 the animal must consume sufficient amounts of cobalt.[55] Soil that is deficient in cobalt may result in B12 deficiency, and B12 injections or cobalt supplementation may be required for livestock.[56]

And then every few months the odd Olay skit.

How do you walk around and tell people I did this, I did that, I planted the roses etc when she did indeed nothing. Ali did it.

Edit: Addition to my B12 rant I remembered I had a blood test and the doc (neurologist) told me I have too low B-vit (he didn't explain further though, which B vit :rolleyes:). My erythrocytes (red blood cells) were too big. Only years later in a vegan forum I learnt about B12 deficiency and read up about it. If someone is further interested in this topic:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaloblastic_anemia
My husband decided to eat a plant diet last year hes quite thorough before he embarks on something new that's when he read about B12 , he was taking a decent B12 supplement . Now he's returned to eating meat only twice a week though.