Lydia Millen #4 Who is Lydia Elise Millen in 2020? A freeloading, flatulent, brand beggar!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I will say is that magazines aren’t selling a lifestyle like Lydia and Victoria do. They sell products which if you are looking to buy will influence you but what Lydia does is more insidious. She attempts to show her lifestyle as one she has achieved and bought when it’s clear that it’s mainly gifted and/or an ad otherwise it wouldn’t be attainable for her. How many people do you know can redecorate their house as many times as she has? And she wouldn’t be able to do it if most of it wasn’t a freebie.
And it’s this that causes an issue for me as many people will look at her and think if she can achieve they can too and that is false. That creates pressure, gets people into debt and causes people to feel unfulfilled and unhappy with their achievements. That is why I think it’s really important that all freebies are marked accordingly. Then people know what she’s bought and what she’s been given.
Yes, this, all of this. It is a misrepresentation. It gives a false impression of a lifestyle, which others looking in might wish to emulate, but unless they can get all they want/need/don't need gifted to them as well, they'll never catch up. By the time they've got the money to purchase this weeks thing of the week, the influencers have been gifted something else and are wafting that under our noses for affiliate links. It is all about money, they aren't wanting us to have a better lifestyle, they want to push their lifestyle down our throats and make us feel inferior so we are compelled to keep spending thereby topping up their bank accounts.

Reactions: 10
Hi everyone,

I am new here and have been reading this thread for the last week or so.
I bumped into Lydia once and at some point we were right next to each other. I am 1.72cm tall and with heels that had like Diamante design on the front (not sure what shoe this is) she was juuuuuust skimming past my shoulders. I am a foreigner and I was travelling at that point, shopping at Dior. My husband and I were looking at something in the store and she was glaring at me for looking at a certain item. Watching to see what I bought. I got the feeling that I wasn't deemed good enough to shop at the store. The look she gave me was outright snobbish like. Everytime I looked in her direction I could feel her eyes following me. I kinda left feeling like maybe I was a cancer in that store and didn't deserve to be in there touching items I was interested in buying.
Firstly welcome, secondly the looks you where getting was of sheer jealousy and contempt that you could walk in to Dior, obviously after traveling with your authentic husband and paid for all travel expenses and could afford this and whatever you were going to purchase in Dior, with your own money 💴 hahhah.you didn’t have to beg day in day out, that was her problem, nothing else but seething jealousy 🙄🤣😆👍

Sorry this was already said by another tattler, apologies 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Yes, this, all of this. It is a misrepresentation. It gives a false impression of a lifestyle, which others looking in might wish to emulate, but unless they can get all they want/need/don't need gifted to them as well, they'll never catch up. By the time they've got the money to purchase this weeks thing of the week, the influencers have been gifted something else and are wafting that under our noses for affiliate links. It is all about money, they aren't wanting us to have a better lifestyle, they want to push their lifestyle down our throats and make us feel inferior so we are compelled to keep spending thereby topping up their bank accounts.
Exaaaaactly!!!
And it's not fair to go bankrupt just to keep up with silly trends some people try to sell out. You don't have to change your house decor 5 times a year to make it a home, you don't have to buy new clothes every week to feel pretty. All you need is a positive and healthy mind and the people that you love by your side. That's what I'd love to see these girls promote. Or how they look to book a holiday in a decent budget, or how their skin really looks after using a product, like a really really honest review.
It's all smoke and mirrors now.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How hard Scarrie must have worked for this coverage. What happened to responsible journalism?! These quotes are tragic. 🤦‍♀️

View attachment 45527

"Her dream country home in Buckinghamshire..."
Mmmm... Isn't it Towcester?

View attachment 45529

Lydia: "Growing up at my dad's..."
Yoohoo! Fact checkers?! I smell a lie...

View attachment 45531

Lydia: "I can't kill something that's already dead..."
Is she referring to her YouTube channel? :unsure:

View attachment 45532

Lydia: "Nothing other than sleep happens in this room..."
Oh! Yes. We know... :LOL:

View attachment 45533
Eh first this woman doesn’t work, she is a professional begger or con artist, in my opinion, and she begged for everything in it ( allegedly ) and pushing your new favorite everything every single day is not a creative industry in my world, fashion designers are creative but influencers no, not in my opinion.

Exaaaaactly!!!
And it's not fair to go bankrupt just to keep up with silly trends some people try to sell out. You don't have to change your house decor 5 times a year to make it a home, you don't have to buy new clothes every week to feel pretty. All you need is a positive and healthy mind and the people that you love by your side. That's what I'd love to see these girls promote. Or how they look to book a holiday in a decent budget, or how their skin really looks after using a product, like a really really honest review.
It's all smoke and mirrors now.
I sound like a broken record, but I follow influenzas from different countries, and, as a matter of fact, it’s only British ones that do AD after AD of whatever freebie they can get their hands on. Others either use their influence to push their own brands, or work with a handful of large companies, do not hide this fact, and do not even do affiliate linx or anything. They are big enough to help brands generate sales just by simply being seen wearing/using a product.

Reactions: 11
Throwback to when her & chavette were playing friends. Different hair. Same attitude.
No Lydia I for one avoid your pictures of yourself wherever they are, so I especially avoid any of your platforms. I would just like to give you friendly advice though, saying all you want is to do “ is look sexy as duck naked “ while you are receiving worrying death threats as you purported recently is a bit silly, you say you are seriously worried then that’s he wrong way to word your goal, unfortunately women in the public eye don’t want to attract unwanted attention. However if your not serious about how worried you are of your personal safety and are planning on picking up your Ibiza dancing work when influencers are no more, then we’ll put, stick it on the C.V . Oh I thought you took up knitting a while back, Did it not work out for you. Ah well there’s always painting urns ⚱.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I sound like a broken record, but I follow influenzas from different countries, and, as a matter of fact, it’s only British ones that do AD after AD of whatever freebie they can get their hands on. Others either use their influence to push their own brands, or work with a handful of large companies, do not hide this fact, and do not even do affiliate linx or anything. They are big enough to help brands generate sales just by simply being seen wearing/using a product.
Yea I noticed that also about brits influenzas, I stopped following them. Also the ones in Romania, here there is no regulation regarding what's promoted or not, you never know what's an ad and what is not.
However I too noticed that a lot of influentzas made their own company/ brand and a lot of side projects besides just taking photos and begging for free stuff.

Reactions: 5
You know when you walk past a person and can feel an overwhelming energy of "stay far far far away from this person" that's the vibe I got from her. I actually wanted to go up and say hi to her but when I saw her looking at me like scum, I avoided her like the plague.
You should give her back that kind of vain look 🤨
(who the hell she think she is? Super Star huh? 🙄 besides from the authentic stuffs she’s using.. none of her is real.. “Fake Face & Fake Boob🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Definitely Northamptonshire and NOT Buckinghamshire. Telling porkies again, thinking no doubt it makes her sound a bit more wealthy being in Bucks.
Again this is how Linkie got lost because he lived in Northamptonshire and our Lady lives in Buckinghamshire 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Just watched an interesting video by Samantha Ravendahl, who generally is a no BS You Tuber. At the 3-minute mark she addresses a viewer question about influencer content and she says:
- how influencers create a buy buy culture
- never to blindly trust an influencer
- do your due diligence as a consumer
- They are all compensated or incentivized in some way - biased
- some are unethical.

Reactions: 12
Oh hell, school marm dressed influenza butts up against Thermocrap.

Screenshot_20191001-135728.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just watched an interesting video by Samantha Ravendahl, who generally is a no BS You Tuber. At the 3-minute mark she addresses a viewer question about influencer content and she says:
- some are unethical.

at least she was honest.

Reactions: 3
- some are unethical.

Creators (and influenzas) cannot shirk their responsibilities or regulations

She's spot on! As an adult, I totally agree.

What she says makes perfect sense for Millennials, Boomers and above, but Gen Zer's and tweens – not so much.

That 16-24-year-old cohort (and younger) simply aren't thinking that deeply about it – nor do they care. That's when it falls upon the behest of regulators (CMA/ASA) to hold creators (and influenzas) accountable. To ensure they are in compliance with industry regulations, just like any other professional would be.

Marketing has become uber-sophisticated and even those outside of the industry aren't fully aware of its implications or the precision that is pumped into million-dollar ad buys.

We're asking people to be smart.

Many of us are.

But we also know common sense isn't common.

I'm all too familiar with this, given it's the industry I cut my teeth on. This is the reality. And creators are now cogs in a much bigger machine. Therefore, a lack of common business sense is not excusable or acceptable. 🤷‍♀️

FireShot Capture 824 - Consumerism_ Driving teen egos--_ - https___www.apa.org_monitor_jun04_d...png

Source

Reactions: 8
Hereby Requesting to take an unscheduled break from the Ali Gordhunk fan club/rave thread/support group

705FB33F-9337-4B1D-B4D1-92D3ECB3C55A.jpeg

Ali G in da house homie....

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I am so glad I am here with you guys, you are so intelligent! We can make fun of Lydia, but we can also have meaningful discussions.

Someone already wrote and I agree about influencers giving the more personal vibe. For instance, I used to follow Tamara way back, and also Lydia few years ago. I can remember how humble they were (at least Ali did a fantastic job in editing) and when Tamara was still studying and then she worked in a pharmacy - she actually wore River Island and H&M! Just another girl from next door just like me or you.
I took me a while to realize the recommendations are not honest anymore and I too was blinded by feeling like they are virtual friends and above else, normal people with normal human lives just like me. So why wouldn’t I believe them?
I remember starting feeling inadequate and not good enough and not successful enough once their “lifestyle” (actually career) has taken off. I kept wondering and asking myself how can they afford all those expensive things and trips and how is it possible that I cannot although I am working my ass off? Social media has been a huge negative impact on my self esteem I have to admit, I kept watching their videos about how they afford luxury and kept asking myself if we even live on the same planet.
I don’t know when exactly did I realize that it was all lies, but what was the final straw for me was catching Tamara lying about her favorites not being sponsored. And then I started to pay attention more closely - before that youtube was just a distraction from my hard life and I didn’t put much thought into it - I thought I didn’t have to - just normal, genuine people here- how naive.

I must say one thing though - I am not jealous, to me, pair of my favorite ankle boots are more valuable because I really earned them, I worked, I earned my money and I picked them and payed for them myself. Being constantly given stuff you not only lose the humility and gratefulness, but you lose the value you have for your own work. I don’t know how can they sleep at night knowing they are lying their teeth off trying to sell us products over and over and over. I think the reason lying behind not properly disclosing is pure embarrassment - of how much stuff they are pushing and trying to sell - I mean they must notice that too. But money smells nice.

I have to add I find regulations a good thing - for once people that did not think about that before are now aware that this is just a business like any other. In Croatia and surrounding countries are no regulations yet, so the bloggers are selling everything they can. The thing is, more and more people are taking red pills and I don’t think people will buy the shot they are talking anymore.
At least our generation, the younger generations where smartphones and tablets are way more important than reading a single book worries me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Social media has been a huge negative impact on my self esteem I have to admit, I kept watching their videos about how they afford luxury and kept asking myself if we even live on the same planet.
I can relate so much to this right here!!
Believing them to spend so much money around made me wonder what the heck am I doing wrong, because I don’t have that kind of success. I realised later on that it’s all received for free, and I actually have the advantage of actually spending my own money on what I want in my own budget.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.