Lydia Millen #4 Who is Lydia Elise Millen in 2020? A freeloading, flatulent, brand beggar!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone,

I am new here and have been reading this thread for the last week or so.
I bumped into Lydia once and at some point we were right next to each other. I am 1.72cm tall and with heels that had like Diamante design on the front (not sure what shoe this is) she was juuuuuust skimming past my shoulders. I am a foreigner and I was travelling at that point, shopping at Dior. My husband and I were looking at something in the store and she was glaring at me for looking at a certain item. Watching to see what I bought. I got the feeling that I wasn't deemed good enough to shop at the store. The look she gave me was outright snobbish like. Everytime I looked in her direction I could feel her eyes following me. I kinda left feeling like maybe I was a cancer in that store and didn't deserve to be in there touching items I was interested in buying.
Welcome ❤ Thanks so much for sharing your personal experience with our Lidl. So Not surprising!!!!!This confirms what we feel, that she is 1. Short and 2. a meanie snob.

The funny thing is that it would probably only take someone an extra 30 seconds to type: Ad (gifted/sponsored/ PR/press product /kindly gifted by magical mind reading Miele fairies).

Instead we have :
-upload photo with misleading or undeclared gifts (sorry, press product)
-condescending reply to anyone who dares to wonder
-twitter rant as required, repeat ad nauseam
-Block all the haters
-go back and edit initial post and pretend it was (in)correctly declared

No wonder she's too busy to attend fashion week or do anything of relevance.... She's already fully occupied with driving her car crash of a "career" steadily off a cliff!
It's a classic narcissistic trait. They obsess over what they can't control and blame everyone but themselves for it.

Reactions: 11
I have a probably unpopular opinion. And I just want to know if I'm alone?

I dont care much about the advertising disclosures and think the government is overstepping requiring so much more out of influencers than press.

I realized all these influencers are basically the new magazines and push out ad campaigns at the same time as the company goes national. Whether we like it or agree, they're on the same lists as the beauty editors from Conde Nast, they are part of the retailers marketing budget and what they are doing is a modern version of a press release. (As a side note magazine editors dont disclose their press products @heymichellelee is a huge offender)

The way I handle it is to assume everything they're talking about has been sent to them unless they specifically say they've never been paid to work with a company (ie "omg I absolutely love this ______ and use it every day. Wish I was sponsored!!" I follow people on all their socials to gauge trustworthiness (hint: lidl doesnt pass the sniff test) and only try recommendations from girls I feel are being honest.

I think a more appropriate solution would be for more public education about marketing in general. Because back to the magazine comparison...it wasnt until college, when I could afford to subscribe to like 7 or 8, I realized that everything in the magazines was coordinated. The ads on the back were the same as the products being touted inside, with no disclosures. The heads of companies would make deals and a new "undiscovered" line would actually be owned by Estee Lauder and then in all publications. And every company has a beauty closet, aka where all the press samples go.

Idk it's all pretty deceptive to me, but it's the way the entire marketing industry works. They want to trick you into feeling something. Let's expose their tactics instead of displacing our anger on the influencers. I think it would benefit everyone to have a marketing 101 available for public consumption. A mandatory class in primary school? Available on IG stories so people actually see it?

And to be clear. I dont disagree with most of the complaints about Lyds. The appropriate thing for a professional to do is follow the rules and campaign for change, not to be deceptive in your own right. Plus I'm sure her interests in not disclosing are more about her bottom line than anything else...

You all are just so intelligent, I would genuinely like to see the opinions on this!

Reactions: 15
I agree. If you read a magazine and it lists the top ten mascaras, these aren’t the top ten they have paid to be on the list. I used to work for a company and write advertorials...
I think they should have a marker that basically says everything they show is an advert.

Reactions: 10
Your posts are great! Keep them coming! I want to hear more about what she looks like? I’m guessing her energy is that of extreme negativity so I assume she feels yuck to be around.
You know when you walk past a person and can feel an overwhelming energy of "stay far far far away from this person" that's the vibe I got from her. Because I was travelling I was in a Tshirt, jeans and takkies (I think this is called sneakers/trainers elsewhere in the world) I think she thought I was some hobo from the street coming into HER elite shop. Lol. I actually wanted to go up and say hi to her but when I saw her looking at me like scum, I avoided her like the plague. At least I was touching the store items with hands that didn't look like I ate 20 bags of cheese puffs/hot cheetos unlike her. My husband said she looks like she has lumpy skin disease. This is a disease that affects cows (ironically) and makes their skin lumpy like her face. See attached.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Aww poor cow!

I think this is systematic of her trying to be wealthy rather than being wealthy.
If she was, then she’d know really rich people dress down most of the time.

Reactions: 17
How hard Scarrie must have worked for this coverage. What happened to responsible journalism?! These quotes are tragic. [emoji2356]

View attachment 45527

"Her dream country home in Buckinghamshire..."
Mmmm... Isn't it Towcester?

View attachment 45529

Lydia: "Growing up at my dad's..."
Yoohoo! Fact checkers?! I smell a lie...

View attachment 45531

Lydia: "I can't kill something that's already dead..."
Is she referring to her YouTube channel? :unsure:

View attachment 45532

Lydia: "Nothing other than sleep happens in this room..."
Oh! Yes. We know... [emoji38]

View attachment 45533
Loool [emoji23]

--"Nothing other than sleep happens in this room..."
Oh! Yes. We know...--

So...this is Lidls house?
Where is her husband? Where is Aldi?
Where is a FAMILY?

A Milf Widow + best friend husband-gay strong vibes

• Haha
Reactions: 15

I dont care much about the advertising disclosures and think the government is overstepping requiring so much more out of influencers than press.

I realized all these influencers are basically the new magazines and push out ad campaigns at the same time as the company goes national. Whether we like it or agree, they're on the same lists as the beauty editors from Conde Nast, they are part of the retailers marketing budget and what they are doing is a modern version of a press release. (As a side note magazine editors dont disclose their press products @heymichellelee is a huge offender)

The way I handle it is to assume everything they're talking about has been sent to them unless they specifically say they've never been paid to work with a company (ie "omg I absolutely love this ______ and use it every day. Wish I was sponsored!!" I follow people on all their socials to gauge trustworthiness (hint: lidl doesnt pass the sniff test) and only try recommendations from girls I feel are being honest.

I think a more appropriate solution would be for more public education about marketing in general. Because back to the magazine comparison...it wasnt until college, when I could afford to subscribe to like 7 or 8, I realized that everything in the magazines was coordinated. The ads on the back were the same as the products being touted inside, with no disclosures. The heads of companies would make deals and a new "undiscovered" line would actually be owned by Estee Lauder and then in all publications. And every company has a beauty closet, aka where all the press samples go.

Idk it's all pretty deceptive to me, but it's the way the entire marketing industry works. They want to trick you into feeling something. Let's expose their tactics instead of displacing our anger on the influencers. I think it would benefit everyone to have a marketing 101 available for public consumption. A mandatory class in primary school? Available on IG stories so people actually see it?

And to be clear. I dont disagree with most of the complaints about Lyds. The appropriate thing for a professional to do is follow the rules and campaign for change, not to be deceptive in your own right. Plus I'm sure her interests in not disclosing are more about her bottom line than anything else...

You all are just so intelligent, I would genuinely like to see the opinions on this!

Good thinking.
I always thought too that maybe some companies don't want celebs/ influencers to disclose the fact that they paid them for publicity, in order for the public to believe "wow this famous person is using this brand".
It's all really shady, I unfollowed a lot of influencers/ celebs on Instagram because I am so fed up with their fake posts, altered photos, "oh look at me I'm so perfect omg". Come on let's be real, nobody has a perfect life and that's perfectly fine.

Reactions: 13

You raise some interesting points. Do you work in marketing 😁 ha ha.

I think the issue is that many in the public regard these influencers in the 'journalism' (i.e. ideally unbiased) category. But I liken them more to magazine editorial copy writers; that industry has always been problematic with little to no scrutiny of it and the incestuous relationships magazines have with their advertisers. Copy has always just been filler to drive the ad sales.

The thing is that magazine readers (other than teen magazines) skew older (and are presumably wiser) and are more likely to take content with a grain of salt and be a thoughtful consumer. While social media consumers are younger and less savvy about advertising and marketing tactics.

There are advertising standards regulators all over the world, for the sole purpose of consumer protection. But these regulatory measures have evolved and been finessed over decades, while social media had exploded rapidly, unchecked until recently. And govt. and NGOs are struggling to catch up. To say that this is just how marketing works isn't setting any standards that favor the consumer. Anyhoo, just my two cents. I'm interested to hear from others.

Reactions: 16
I scrolled down her Insta to see some of her first posts.
So, she got a Rolex as a graduation gift from dad??

The Gucci bag was owned by her grandpa???

She bought the LV second hand??

And her language and style was so vulgar but natural what the heck happened??

Attachments

You raise some interesting points. Do you work in marketing 😁 ha ha.

I think the issue is that many in the public regard these influencers in the 'journalism' (i.e. ideally unbiased) category. But I liken them more to magazine editorial copy writers; that industry has always been problematic with little to no scrutiny of it and the incestuous relationships magazines have with their advertisers. Copy has always just been filler to drive the ad sales.

The thing is that magazine readers (other than teen magazines) skew older (and are presumably wiser) and are more likely to take content with a grain of salt and be a thoughtful consumer. While social media consumers are younger and less savvy about advertising and marketing tactics.

There are advertising standards regulators all over the world, for the sole purpose of consumer protection. But these regulatory measures have evolved and been finessed over decades, while social media had exploded rapidly, unchecked until recently. And govt. and NGOs are struggling to catch up. To say that this is just how marketing works isn't setting any standards that favor the consumer. Anyhoo, just my two cents. I'm interested to hear from others.

No I'm not in the industry. I just really really love magazines 🤷‍♀️ and when they started to die off slowly I noticed how much influencers were replacing them by basically getting the content to the consumers first. Which led me to realize just how much of magazine content was ads when I'd read them and see nothing new. It's basically 100%!

But yes I agree with you, there need to be standards in place to protect consumers. The younger generation is having ads pushed in their face constantly and they are much more vulnerable because they don't realize that while this is all fun and pretty. It's not real and it's not aspirational. Luckily they arent able to get credit cards and get into any real trouble. It's the 18-25 ish crew that's most concerning.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't she say her nose is the way it is because a woman saw Lydia sitting with her husband and mistook Lydia for the husband's mistress and punched her nose hence it's deformed. I'm not sure if this is how the nose looks after the punch or is this after the surgery to fix broken nose?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Definitely Northamptonshire and NOT Buckinghamshire. Telling porkies again, thinking no doubt it makes her sound a bit more wealthy being in Bucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Also, correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't she say her nose is the way it is because a woman saw Lydia sitting with her husband and mistook Lydia for the husband's mistress and punched her nose hence it's deformed. I'm not sure if this is how the nose looks after the punch or is this after the surgery to fix broken nose?
Lydia's vlog - The TMI tag 5:23 - question#23 "Have you ever been in a physical fight? "

I stopped purchasing magazines when I realised I was essentially paying for a catalogue.

I don’t have a problem at all with people getting freebies. I do have a problem with non disclosure because there are people who do not realise they are watching an ad. When I first started watching YouTube videos I assumed people purchased products in order to review them... we live and learn.

As was pointed out the age range of consumers play a big role as well. As an adult with a home and responsibilities I have to be more savvy about how I consume. Young people on the other hand put pressure on their parents or get themselves into debt believing if they have all these things they too can be a social media darling. Just look at how many of Lydia’s commenters are wannabe “influencers”.

I also think with the amount of money that passes through the industry there should be accountability so “creators” carry their fair share of the tax burden. After all they are the first to remind you this is their job.

I’m not a fan of too much government intervention and red tape but this is a rapidly growing industry that has much more reach than magazines ever did. Most people have access to the internet in some form these days and it’s free to watch YouTube and join instagram. We see the curated parts of these people’s lives and we feel like we know them and therefore trust them. I think it’s actually a lot more insidious than magazines ever were.

Reactions: 11
What I will say is that magazines aren’t selling a lifestyle like Lydia and Victoria do. They sell products which if you are looking to buy will influence you but what Lydia does is more insidious. She attempts to show her lifestyle as one she has achieved and bought when it’s clear that it’s mainly gifted and/or an ad otherwise it wouldn’t be attainable for her. How many people do you know can redecorate their house as many times as she has? And she wouldn’t be able to do it if most of it wasn’t a freebie.
And it’s this that causes an issue for me as many people will look at her and think if she can achieve they can too and that is false. That creates pressure, gets people into debt and causes people to feel unfulfilled and unhappy with their achievements. That is why I think it’s really important that all freebies are marked accordingly. Then people know what she’s bought and what she’s been given.

No I'm not in the industry. I just really really love magazines 🤷‍♀️ and when they started to die off slowly I noticed how much influencers were replacing them by basically getting the content to the consumers first. Which led me to realize just how much of magazine content was ads when I'd read them and see nothing new. It's basically 100%!

But yes I agree with you, there need to be standards in place to protect consumers. The younger generation is having ads pushed in their face constantly and they are much more vulnerable because they don't realize that while this is all fun and pretty. It's not real and it's not aspirational. Luckily they arent able to get credit cards and get into any real trouble. It's the 18-25 ish crew that's most concerning.

The thing is, you're writing this as an intelligent human who has common sense and can distinguish between what you feel an influencer is genuinely recommending and what they feel obligated to say or have been paid to say. A lot of people don't have that and the trouble I find with influencers in particular, is that they've all grown from nothing and having no sponsorships and freebies and at one point, what they bought and recommended, they actually bought, enjoyed and recommended with NO ulterior motive! Viewers liked the fact they were normal people and would learn to trust them and their opinions the more they got to know them through their channel.

When you go out an buy a magazine, you know it's a publication, a business and you don't feel you have a personal relationship with it. Influencers that have grown a following, do have that with their audience and there are so many people that GENUINELY believe every single word they say and go out and purchase every single recommendation because their BFF on youtube said 'you have to have this game changer of a foundation'!

They started off genuine individuals with a love for fashion/makeup etc and morphed into 100% ad's. I absolutely agree that all products they're showing us and recommending, or tagging in posts, should be labelled as per CMA guildlines because the whole of their industry was based on people having a connection and wanting to know what an ordinary person recommended. Now those lines are so blurred!

What I will say is that magazines aren’t selling a lifestyle like Lydia and Victoria do. They sell products which if you are looking to buy will influence you but what Lydia does is more insidious. She attempts to show her lifestyle as one she has achieved and bought when it’s clear that it’s mainly gifted and/or an ad otherwise it wouldn’t be attainable for her. How many people do you know can redecorate their house as many times as she has? And she wouldn’t be able to do it if most of it wasn’t a freebie.
And it’s this that causes an issue for me as many people will look at her and think if she can achieve they can too and that is false. That creates pressure, gets people into debt and causes people to feel unfulfilled and unhappy with their achievements. That is why I think it’s really important that all freebies are marked accordingly. Then people know what she’s bought and what she’s been given.
Yes 100% agree with this too. It's this false image of a lifestyle of buying £1000s of designer clothes each week, expensive holidays, expensive home renovation and selling this image to people that are looking up to her, aspiring to be just like her, when in actual fact, it's 99% gifted!

Reactions: 20
never heard that story before, but i love it!

Reactions: 5
You know when you walk past a person and can feel an overwhelming energy of "stay far far far away from this person" that's the vibe I got from her. Because I was travelling I was in a Tshirt, jeans and takkies (I think this is called sneakers/trainers elsewhere in the world) I think she thought I was some hobo from the street coming into HER elite shop. Lol. I actually wanted to go up and say hi to her but when I saw her looking at me like scum, I avoided her like the plague. At least I was touching the store items with hands that didn't look like I ate 20 bags of cheese puffs/hot cheetos unlike her. My husband said she looks like she has lumpy skin disease. This is a disease that affects cows (ironically) and makes their skin lumpy like her face. See attached.

I so wish you had purchased something or a few things and then saw her face, ah that would have shut her up, snooty lil cow.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.