Lydia Millen #36 A block of cheese and pomme de terre, verbal abuse and ginger hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to quote myself but the bag is for my 50th. We are really cutting back due to pandemic but when I saw it, and being a bag lover, I had to go for it. Hopefully it will “be in my wardrobe for years and years to come” 🤪. “Cost per wear” and all that 🥴 Lol
Happy Birthday and enjoy your purchase. I bought the Damier Ebene Musette about 16 years ago and I almost hate it because it is the most useful, good looking bag, and goes with everything. It leaves all my other babies in the corner and I hardly ever wear them!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've just watched ITF's latest vlog. I love the staircases and hallway but as I live in Australia I'm not sure about the faux fire in the hallway. Does it get sooo cold wherever it is in the UK ITF lives that a heater is needed in the hallway ?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I've just watched ITF's latest vlog. I love the staircases and hallway but as I live in Australia I'm not sure about the faux fire in the hallway. Does it get sooo cold wherever it is in the UK ITF lives that a heater is needed in the hallway ?
I live in Germany and the winter climate is similar and yes, it gets cold for at least six months. Since her hallway is open to all floors (vertical) it would make sense to have a fire place running or the radiators. In her case I think the fireplace is to show off, and she used the build in fireplace surroundings that were already there.

Reactions: 12
More and more people seem to be saying that they won’t buy things now if Influencers recommend them. That’s right across the board it seems (not just Lydia). It’s definitely since Covid - I know someone in Germany who works for MyTheresa and they are saying that since Covid people just aren’t buying like they used to because people aren’t going out anymore. Its almost like fashion is too frivolous at a time like this...all the bubbles are bursting because of all the uncertainty. My cousin in Germany has turned almost ALL of her garden into a vegetable plot! Way to go 🥬💚You need to set up your YouTube channel @Miscanthus! This time next year you will have shed loads of sheds and greenhouses with everyone’s full support! Oh yes...I can see it...Bunny Guinness eat your heart out...
On this note, does Jo Malone still send out PR to influencers ? I have not seen Lydiot unbox PR from them in ages. A few years ago, she had been receiving PR from Jo Malone literally every fortnight, had JM candles falling out of her laundry room cupboard. Unless she is hiding some PR unboxings from her subscribers ... ???

The surround was there when they bought the house....it's certainly unusual to have a fireplace in the hall unless you live in a castle or grand old house with no central heating!

She’s changed her insta bio to “proud online creator”

🤣
She creates nothing?! Put out vlogs where she talks to camera looks at herself? Where is her creation?!

The surround was there when they bought the house....it's certainly unusual to have a fireplace in the hall unless you live in a castle or grand old house with no central heating!
Quite a few Victorian
houses have fireplaces in the hallways even small ones but it’s but common.

Reactions: 24
More and more people seem to be saying that they won’t buy things now if Influencers recommend them. That’s right across the board it seems (not just Lydia). It’s definitely since Covid - I know someone in Germany who works for MyTheresa and they are saying that since Covid people just aren’t buying like they used to because people aren’t going out anymore. Its almost like fashion is too frivolous at a time like this...all the bubbles are bursting because of all the uncertainty. My cousin in Germany has turned almost ALL of her garden into a vegetable plot! Way to go 🥬💚You need to set up your YouTube channel @Miscanthus! This time next year you will have shed loads of sheds and greenhouses with everyone’s full support! Oh yes...I can see it...Bunny Guinness eat your heart out...
Thank you ❤🌱
Just as a point of reference, and not wishing to compete with Lidl 🤣, this is what a courgette plant looks like at this time of year....🥒🥒🥒🥒

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
She creates nothing?! Put out vlogs where she talks to camera looks at herself? Where is her creation?!

Quite a few Victorian
houses have fireplaces in the hallways even small ones but it’s but common.
Frows house is a newbuild though, 2002, made to look like an old house.

I’ve seen it mentioned that Lydia claimed Claire copies her paneling 🙄

funny yesterday this video popped up from vlogmas 2016. I hadn’t seen it so I watched out of curiousity. The entire thing at her friend Claire’s house. Lydia panned to this and I was like.... witch you stole Claire’s look 2 years later in your home. The sofas and chandelier and more. Lol

all she does is copy. We’ve seen it over and over. Wonder who she’ll copy since the purple and glam, navy and pampas, restoration hardware/Steve c is over and she’s on to green everything. Xmas time I betcha it’s something else entirely copied by someone else.

Claire 2016 and then Lydia 2018

I just watched this, she is so different. Her face, what she wears, her behaviour, her relationships, even the closeness with her family. Even the vlogs are a sensible length and that one was quite an enjoyable watch. Definitely her moving house was the catalyst for how different she has become. Now she seems almost as if she is a caricature of her former self.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Do you think that tonight there will be 'how I do my hair' video or something similar so that she can use the new ghd tool since all of you pointed out how she failed (again) in presenting the brand and a new product on a press trip for a said new product launch?
She is unprofessional in every aspect. Every! It still amazes me how brands don't see it. She cannot write and she is not *creating* videos, she just films her empty days. On press trips it is always about the hotel, meals and her outfits - it is never about the brand and product. Or it is about the product but from different brand. She never uses again any of the products she is promoting once the deal with the brand is finished but she loves them all before she gets the paycheck. She doesn't keep connections with brands and other girls 'influencers'. Is there anything that she can do right in her 'profession'? I struggle to find it...
Why do brands work with her? Is it really the number of her (fake) followers more benefitial for brands compared to the damage of their image that inevitably comes after associating with her?

Sorry for the long post but I am still confuzed...😧

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Now if this becomes legit, I wonder what half-assed euphomism Lydiot would come up with this time? Like “Press Product” not “(birthday) Gifted” Oh, just thinking about it makes me lol with Aldi’s leg stretching and copy-paste muscles 😂😂😂 but again, are these twats celebs? 🙊

4FECB340-9FCC-4669-9C1C-B1B22889AA35.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
It's SO obvious she reads here.
On Sunday, I found the planning application online for the new porch and posted about it on the previous thread (#937).
24 hours later she's posting a load of photos of the porch she wants. (She just doesn't want Tattle to reveal it before she does).
They haven't even been granted planning permission yet.
5 of their neighbours have to agree to the new porch first before anything else can happen.

What's interesting is that Ali has filled out the paperwork and put himself down as Mr A Gordon. No Millen-Gordon in sight!

On the paperwork, Ali's named the house as Potager House (whereas on a previous planning permission form for the fireplace, he named it The Bungalow). 🤔
The fact they need to ask planning for a fireplace, makes me wonder if their house is actually leasehold and not freehold. Same as when you buy a flat, you are in a leasehold and sometimes have to get permission from the landlord to do any structural changes. It would make sense as her home is built on the land of a main house (apparently). There’s no way if you’re freehold, that you would have to ask permission for things she’s doing. Unless you have a listed building, which she does not

The fact they need to ask planning for a fireplace, makes me wonder if their house is actually leasehold and not freehold. Same as when you buy a flat, you are in a leasehold and sometimes have to get permission from the landlord to do any structural changes. It would make sense as her home is built on the land of a main house (apparently). There’s no way if you’re freehold, that you would have to ask permission for things she’s doing. Unless you have a listed building, which she does not
If she is getting planning permission then neighbours will automatically be consulted and their opinions assessed. There is a conservation area in her village which I am just looking at to see if she is in it....if she is then restrictions apply. I live in a conservation area and it doesn't mean all buildings are special..you might be next to one, like Lidl.I could post it with the name removed but I'll probably get done for invasion of privacy again!

• Haha
  • Sick
I have noticed that the concept of Pride keeps coming up quite a lot lately. In general terms (historically) Pride is perceived as a negative concept. It’s described as an excessive view of oneself without regard for others. The Seven Deadly Sins etc...Of those sins, Pride has been described as the worst of the seven because it leads on to the other 6 (Greed - excessive pursuit of material goods; Sloth - excessive laziness or the failure to use talents; Wrath - strong anger or hate towards others; Envy - intense desire to have items possessed by others; Gluttony - excessive consumption of food and drink and Lust - a strong passion or longing especially in sexual desires).

However, more recently (philosophically) Pride has become a more positive concept - as people are encouraged to stand their own ground, be proud of who they are, gay pride , pride in appearance, we are so proud of you, etc, etc, etc...I think Lydia hopes that her claim to have Pride falls into the latter group and so she will therefore be perceived as strong and resilient. Maybe Lydia feels empowered by the word Pride.

This might be a risky strategy though...

Perhaps it would be better for her if she described herself as having strength and resilience. This may actually empower her far more than the word Pride ever could. It’s possible that her description of Pride actually makes others look for evidence of the other six sins/concepts. IMHO her description of herself as a Proud Influencer or a Proud woman really isn’t helping her at all. I’m glad she has sensibly ditched the word difficult. Maybe it’s time to re-structure in a much more emotionally intelligent way and use the precise concepts/words she wishes to create an image of. She needs to stop listening to bad advice and go to someone who will encourage her to behave in a more authentic way. I could say more but I know you have fallen asleep by now so I’ll leave it there and go and re-structure my laundry cupboards. They have been calling me since lockdown - they have spoken so I’m listening...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
The fact she takes off bank holiday Monday as if she works hard all week and thinks she deserves it is so bleeping funny to me. Like, all she does it sit on her sofa, buy some clothes, throw some stuff in a thermomix and change outfits a few times.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Now if this becomes legit, I wonder what half-assed euphomism Lydiot would come up with this time? Like “Press Product” not “(birthday) Gifted” Oh, just thinking about it makes me lol with Aldi’s leg stretching and copy-paste muscles 😂😂😂 but again, are these twats celebs? 🙊

View attachment 228475
Prime example #editsthecrapoutofherphotos.com
Screenshot_20200831_130855.jpg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.