Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand why ‘beauty bloggers’ are saying they’ve never seen the back exfoliator / applicator before! I bought some from Selfridges about 3 years ago from a brand called Bronzie! So surely they’ve seen these too 😂 it’s actually frustrating me
I bought one off ebay for £4. Exactly the same thing. They've been about years.

Reactions: 8
Do we actually know why she changed from Glo Beauty Co to Glo by Lydia? I noticed she registered Glo By Lydia as a trademark beginning of May
Yes - there is an established company with a similar name which is globally trademarked. She applied for her trademark application and the withdrew it likely because we raised it here and that she could be in breach of another company’s trademark who could sue her.

Reactions: 4
I did not get the free tanner so apparently 500 people bought it before me. Although I did get a code in the email confirming my purchase for 20% off. Also I was wrong! Rechecked email and it was 54 something. Tax and posting. Why did I buy it!? 😂 I am a serious impulsive buyer. It’s bad! So Lydia benefited from my defect!
I will do an update once I’ve used the products. It’s about time I showered ☺
Thanks! I was concerned you had been ripped off even more, so relieved. We all impulse purchase at times. Enjoy your shower! ☺

Reactions: 4
all the old packaging with a name she can't legally use, jfc.
Regarding the old packaging, I think she can use it but she just can't produce anymore the same. When I worked at Charlotte tilbury, Rimmel as well as other brands and celebrities put copyright claims in because of the name of charlottes products such as the cara d eyebrow pencil. Charlotte was allowed to sell the product with the name and boxes that had already been produced but she wasn't allowed to produce anymore with the same name. That could be why Lydia has used the old boxes.

Reactions: 12
I will NEVER buy St Tropez again. I left a comment on their Instagram where people were debating this launch and I simply wrote #Globygate. Enough said they are just as bad for defending this debacle and her.
I agree.....and sending out press packs crammed with product when the purchasers got a small free gift at best was obviously done by St Tropez. They colluded....disgusting.

Reactions: 17
When I mentioned on her comments on launch how overpriced it was, several of her sheep were saying how amazing the quality wouid be- without even handling the product . It wouid be ‘ so much better ‘ than anything on sale anywhere else. Just blind worship . They’re probably 12yrs old 🙄
I replied to one of those on StTropez account. She claimed that Lydia’s mitt is better than StTropez one. I asked how did she know. And she got back to me with “I watched the video on Lydia’s channel!” 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Cawwie made her pasta with veg sauce and she picked out the veg.
Do you remember when she used to eat iceberg lettuce with quorn chicken nuggets on top and called it a salad 😂 😂

I love how she says her life work is the weeds she is growing in the kitchen and not Globy 🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
She is just frantic in this new YT video, she can't look straight into the camera, is talking incredibly fast about random things with no flow, fidgeting none stop. Her hands are all over the place. Oh yes, and she hates being let down 👀 but finds it perfectly ok to let down her 800,000+ subscribers .
A lecture about how people value things of different prices..mmmm I wonder what that's about.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

• Haha
  • Wow
Also regarding the bird feeders, she bangs on about how the birds have Ali's pants down because they keep eating all the food in the feeders, but surely that's the point! :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh Ali's dad and his step mum are coming over for lunch so they are doing a barbecue and having champagne couldnt do that for her own poor mum though could she?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Do we reckon she is drinking a New Zealand sauvignon blanc here or boxed wine?
I like to imagine she's drinking a nice big glass of her own piss.....I hear it's very good for your skin and provides a certain Glo....

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I have recently been in awe of people doing a ‘no spend year’ some accounts on YouTube and Insta I have been following. It’s shown me how much we buy for the sake of it or because we think we need it.

Lyds Hun.. do you think you could achieve a ‘no spend day’
I don’t think you could.

Reactions: 19
This is silly now, the silence on Glo is deafening.

She's not deleting the negative comments on Youtube and there are loads.

You cannot comment on the Glo instagram

There is no Glo on Twitter or Facebook, so that's why all the comments are on Youtube.

You are supposed to keep up momentum when you launch a product. All she's done is say 'wow we sold out' she's not replied to the people on her personal instagram who are asking when they can buy the product either.

She's not put a banner on the website saying there will be more stock or anything. I signed up to the website email updates, and haven't received any emails.

So what has she shown us, a few freebies sent to other bloggers, a few paid for kits bought by other bloggers, and a handful of customers receiving their products. Lorna didn't do her unboxing, Amelia hasn't either, wonder if Josie will.

Hardly customer service and promotion going on is there.

Instead of showing her sat under her blanket, smug that she's done her to do list, it would be better for her to be saying she's busy, she's at the warehouse overseeing the orders going out, it's so exciting, the process, you know, maybe vlog it even?

And she's losing subscribers.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When the flowers are for Ali, and she thought they were hers
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Comedy gold

• Haha
Oh Ali's dad and his step mum are coming over for lunch so they are doing a barbecue and having champagne couldnt do that for her own poor mum though could she?
This is awful! Her poor mum had to cook her lunch too! I can’t bring myself to watch another flog, I feel like I’m watching an infomercial. Nothing substantial, I don’t learn anything, I don’t gain anything and I can’t believe I willing waste my time watching these videos! Its not even escapism any more for me, I’m just not interested in her shallow unfulfilled life. I’ve had to unsubscribe for a bit. Constant buy buy buy. No mention of her new brand? Launch day coverage? What she has learnt already? What goes on behind the scenes? People would be genuinely interested to know about all this and her viewer count/subscription numbers would show this!

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.