Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I so wish Lidl had gone onto Dragon's Den. Two years in the making. Gamechanger. Who would like to invest in a scratchy oven glove, and a velcro back scratcher in a synthetic bag. I'm oout.
Some one mentioned The Apprentice. I think she has watched too many episodes. Lidl has to be project manager. In the board room throws Carrie under the bus, and shits on Ali for the visual failure that is a net curtain light filter and a crappy urn. Lydia your fired.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Do you think the video will be up on time? (if there is one)
I think it will be pre-recorded. But it will be so bad if she releases that video and mentions nothing (we all know she manually pushes the bottom to release the video) it’s not “scheduled” 🙈 it will create a whirlwind of hate in my opinion.

Reactions: 8
Hello - so since the launch happened I have been reading everything on here, YouTube and IG. I’ve become obsessed. I also was one of the minions that did indeed buy Lydia’s product. I received it today and before I give my review I wanted to say - in the hope Lydia or her “team” are reading - the following:

1) It is really really obvious that you all did a unified “duck” when BLM could not be ignored by you. At first not going ahead with a launch because it detracted from raising awareness of BLM seemed totally reasonable and in fact quite on the pulse for someone like Lydia. But now it is blatantly clear that you had to revise your offer so it didn’t so obviously exclude POC. So you put your heads together and decided that “doi” - light bulb moment - black people could use this kit to put on moisturiser! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ So you quickly revised the blurb etc. However, you must have totally forgotten that the tag inside the bag still says independent tanner.
2) Putting a high price tag on something that may not in fact be of that monetary value is the norm today. You need to make dem $$ bills Lyds. Buuuut, what usually makes people buy things regardless of price is the hype around the product, the thinking they are purchasing something that is desired by other people, the feeling that owning it gives a person. Etc. Now I look back I wonder why I parted with my money (which came to 60 something pounds FYI). The lack of care, attention and professionalism put into this launch is embarrassing. It would be bearable if you were starting out, saving money by getting your partner to do photos and you setting up the website yourself etc. But you are not starting out. You clearly take time to flog other peoples tit. You are - in my opinion - one of the more natural influencer floggers when it comes to running lines on a new product we should buy. Why did you f your own product promotion up so royally?
3) Be honest - did you seriously think this was the best first product to launch your own brand? I just don’t see you thinking that. Be truthful!
Ok now my review:

Opened box. Pulled out bag and said box was immediately placed on recycling pile. It’s nice opening a box but not worth it for this product.
Bag is fine. Def what you expect for free with other items but on the better side of the freebie bag spectrum.
Scrubbing stuff. Not used yet but looks standard and am sure works as standard. Ditto for the tanning stuff.
I do apply tan and whilst I can reach my own back I’m sure the back stuff will make for a quicker tanning routine.
Finally, this whole experience has left me enlightened. I no longer view these influencers with awe and a desire to follow their path. I’m intelligent and work on things that actually make a difference in this world. If Lydia and her people really thought this was a special product to spend time and money on then they are really very stupid people. Completely insular and thick. So whilst I will still watch the vlogs out of pure voyeurism, it will never be with the intention of emulating their lifestyle again. Probably will just be so I can participate here ☺
Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts on the product. You are not the only one obsessed with this!
Can I ask a couple of questions?
Did you receive the free tanner? Why did it cost more than £60...I'm confused? Was the postage more than £10? What made you buy it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
What is the history with the name branding? Was it originally going to be called independent tanner but then she changed it to Glo b forgot that the products and labels had independant tanner on them?

She was going to call the brand Glo Beauty Co by Lydia Elise Millen and applies for a trademark on or around 4 April 2020 the trademark application was withdrawn days later - likely because Tattler raises questions on trademark infringement as there is an established brand with similar name with a worldwide trademark who could have challenged her using it at best and at worst sue her for passing off. We all highlighted she received poor legal advice and generally rubbish advice by her “advisors” the rest is history...things went from bad start to worse... and right now I don’t think will get better anytime soon ....but you never know ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Never say never, but I don't think I'm going to fake tan anymore when my natural tan has faded. Lydia's literally put me off 😂 Plus at £30 a bottle St. Tropez is frickin expensive. These threads have made me realise, that I'm a lot more socially influenced that I initially thought. Like girls are under such pressure to always be 'flawless' and I've probably spent thousands to achieve this.

As for the back moisturising, I moisturise all my body, but never with a mitt. That's ludicrous 😂 Lydia has obviously incorporated that on the eleventh hour to appear to be 'inclusive' of WOC following BLM. Obviously I can't speak on behalf of WOC, but I do find it disingenuous and patronising, and actually undermines the movement. Surely this is Lydia using her white privilege to minimise criticism and in turn not hinder her profits. This is crappy enough, but then to actually silence WOC's feedback on insta highlights just how fake her being the 'best white person to help black people' actually was. I actually have second-hand awkwardness for today's vlog 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 31
What? No squealing?

Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts on the product. You are not the only one obsessed with this!
Can I ask a couple of questions?
Did you receive the free tanner? Why did it cost more than £60...I'm confused? Was the postage more than £10? What made you buy it?
I did not get the free tanner so apparently 500 people bought it before me. Although I did get a code in the email confirming my purchase for 20% off. Also I was wrong! Rechecked email and it was 54 something. Tax and posting. Why did I buy it!? 😂 I am a serious impulsive buyer. It’s bad! So Lydia benefited from my defect!
I will do an update once I’ve used the products. It’s about time I showered ☺

Reactions: 22
Ha the comments on her youtube video are great. Someone said everyone should unsubscribe :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I agree. Nobody's perfect. I think she works out a lot and does try to stay fit. I admire that about her.

Oddly... I've been thinking about this a lot. :)
I think she is very engaging. I enjoy watching her. I don't think it's easy to talk to a camera and she does it well.
She has a past that doesn't match the person she is trying to become today. I'm ok with that. I don't shame women for their sexuality.

I suppose I am just a bit hurt that she thinks so little of her followers. Without them, she'd have nothing.
I know that putting out videos is a ton of work. I'm sure it is a full-time job. I'm happy she does it because I live a little vicariously through her.
I'm not mad that she makes a lot of money for this and well... I can accept that she gets a lot of freebies for it, too. We both get something.

My issue with her is solely the money grab of this launch. She must think we are so gullible.
The products are ridiculously overpriced in the best of times. This is clearly not the best of times.
The product itself is not needed in the marketplace and above that there's nothing special at all to differentiate it.
It is only useful to a very select group of people and likely excludes a huge number of her followers. I'm one of them.

This launch is so poorly thought out and executed. I won't even go into detail about the Logo or the brand usage. Such a copy.
I think she ultimately knew this wasn't a good plan and went through with it anyway.
Her actions prove this. She isn't proud of this product. She's not GLOwing with joy over it. She's hiding from it.
She's tried to play it off by renaming it so it would seem more inclusive but that failed miserably.
She's tried hard as heck to convince us that it's so luxe. That didn't work.
No integrity.

I think she'll get away with it... so thanks for letting me vent. ;)

So very well said. I relate to every word.

Reactions: 6
How is she under a blanket and done for the day?? She should be snowed under with work addressing this failure of a launch. Honestly she never ceases to amaze me. Pure laziness

• Wow
Reactions: 24
How is she under a blanket and done for the day?? She should be snowed under with work addressing this failure of a launch. Honestly she never ceases to amaze me. Pure laziness
Well I bet she is still in a mood.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Never say never, but I don't think I'm going to fake tan anymore when my natural tan has faded. Lydia's literally put me off 😂 Plus at £30 a bottle St. Tropez is frickin expensive. These threads have made me realise, that I'm a lot more socially influenced that I initially thought. Like girls are under such pressure to always be 'flawless' and I've probably spent thousands to achieve this.

As for the back moisturising, I moisturise all my body, but never with a mitt. That's ludicrous 😂 Lydia has obviously incorporated that on the eleventh hour to appear to be 'inclusive' of WOC following BLM. Obviously I can't speak on behalf of WOC, but I do find it disingenuous and patronising, and actually undermines the movement. Surely this is Lydia using her white privilege to minimise criticism and in turn not hinder her profits. This is crappy enough, but then to actually silence WOC's feedback on insta highlights just how fake her being the 'best white person to help black people' actually was. I actually have second-hand awkwardness for today's vlog 😂
I will NEVER buy St Tropez again. I left a comment on their Instagram where people were debating this launch and I simply wrote #Globygate. Enough said they are just as bad for defending this debacle and her.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Lydia the narcissist princess...... don't you know it is a great idea and everyone else is just picking on her

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Can’t believe that the latest video is a “what I bought last week”. It’s basically the same vlog she’s put out every week for the last year! All she does is buy stuff.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.