Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m keeping it purely because I cannot be bothered to take time out of my day to go to the post office (covid) and then argue with her “team” as to why I should get a refund. So as I said I will use the product but it was not worth fifty. I was needing a new cosmetics bag for when I travelled so I will get a use out of it all. The bag does feel sturdy.
Well, at least you can keep us posted on how you get on with it too.

Reactions: 12
There’s no way she’s going to address this epic failure, she’s way too arrogant. What I hate is that she’s continuing to mislead people, first with the deleted posts, then with the buying of followers who’d unsubscribed due to her dishonesty, and now with the false claims that Globy is all sold out.

It’s a disgrace that she can lie like this. I wish she would be exposed

Reactions: 18
I think her viewer feedback is a marketing tool. She’s trying to hype a product that hasn’t been created yet so that when it does launch, her followers feel some sort of ownership - that they helped “create it” so have some unconscious need to buy it regardless if they actually need it.
Yep! I think you’re right, because we know she has no original ideas or creativity to think of it by herself!

Reactions: 4
There’s no way she’s going to address this epic failure, she’s way too arrogant. What I hate is that she’s continuing to mislead people, first with the deleted posts, then with the buying of followers who’d unsubscribed due to her dishonesty, and now with the false claims that Globy is all sold out.

It’s a disgrace that she can lie like this. I wish she would be exposed
I doubt she will. But I think the next few days will be like the eye of the storm, and then the bad reviews and refund requests will start coming in.

Reactions: 10
She’s not going to address. It’s becoming more and more clear. She’s taking the piss out of everyone by uploading a selfie saying good nose day thanks for all your posts on GloByLydia. So she’s clearly happy with the dump it and run attitude

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Do we actually know why she changed from Glo Beauty Co to Glo by Lydia? I noticed she registered Glo By Lydia as a trademark beginning of May

Reactions: 7
I had the Globy insta open on my phone and just went back and refreshed (must have last been on it an hour ago?) She lost 200 followers in that time

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Do we actually know why she changed from Glo Beauty Co to Glo by Lydia? I noticed she registered Glo By Lydia as a trademark beginning of May
In an earlier thread a tattler noticed the application for trademark of ‘Glo Beauty Co’ was later cancelled. Probably because Lydia and her ‘team’ realised Glo Beauty Co was too similar to other companies (and lots here had pointed this out when the brand was first announced). But they left it too late to change the box branding/couldn’t be bothered.

I would assume a brand name would be trademarked well in advance of release normally? But she did her announcement video before even having the trademark confirmed...

What is the history with the name branding? Was it originally going to be called independent tanner but then she changed it to Glo b forgot that the products and labels had independant tanner on them?
The kit was called Independent Tanner when the website was first live, but then someone commented on the IG that it wasn’t clear what it was from the name alone and suddenly, within like an hour of launch, the product page read ‘Independent Tool Kit’. So that’s why inside the bags it still says Independent Tanner. Because it was changed at like...beyond the eleventh hour! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hi everyone! Long tome lurker here, I’ve felt no need to comment as all of you have pretty much said my thoughts and feelings! Just thought I would share this from the tagged globy pictures. This follower has received her order and has done a better layout and display of the products then Lydia ever did!! The globy account still doesn’t have any images displaying the actual products either, embarrassing to say the least. Her customers have created better content and display of the products then the brand itself and before the brand too!

71C84853-F64E-4C49-9CA9-33D8EB43B57D.png

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Agreed on everything you said! Another thing i’ve noticed a lot of ‘influencers’ do, Lydia included, is include every little thing when talking about how ‘productive they’ve been’ or how ‘hard they work’. For example, when it was Lydia’s birthday a few months ago, carried popped by to drop off her birthday present. In this vlog, she was talking about what a productive day she had had and all the ‘work’ she had done, and she was sat down and then she was listing all the things she still had to do, and she included opening her birthday present from Carrie, as if it was a chore. Normal people don’t include opening their birthday presents in their to do list lol

Genuine question regarding her product, and please don’t judge me.. but am I the only person that doesn’t moisturise their back? Should I be doing this? Lol, I only ask because obviously she’s claiming her product isn’t just for fake tan but also for moisturising, 1. Does anyone use a mitt for moisturising? Lol and 2. Would a back mitt be needed for that? I’m confused
No we use our hands to warm the product and I’ve never in my life, moisturised my back 🤣 only my shoulders. She had to bluff this one to make it a product for all! As black women/men and also women/men of colour can’t use this product! But with moisturiser they can 🤨 Hang on whilst I just grab my mit to moisturise said no woman/man.... ever!

Reactions: 13
I think her viewer feedback is a marketing tool. She’s trying to hype a product that hasn’t been created yet so that when it does launch, her followers feel some sort of ownership - that they helped “create it” so have some unconscious need to buy it regardless if they actually need it.
It's a much better tactic than hyping it up for over a year, refusing to even let slip what it is, then realise you 'created' something no-one wants.

Reactions: 8
No we use our hands to warm the product and I’ve never in my life, moisturised my back 🤣 only my shoulders. She had to bluff this one to make it a product for all! As black women/men and also women/men of colour can’t use this product! But with moisturiser they can 🤨 Hang on whilst I just grab my mit to moisturise said no woman/man.... ever!
thank you, now I don’t feel so bad haha. I don’t believe that every brand or product has to be inclusive for absolutely everybody on earth, I don’t even think this is possible..so in this regard I would say that it’s just unfortunate for Lydia that she has launched at this specific moment in time. Having said that, she shot herself in the foot by initially claiming that everybody could use it, when clearly.. not everyone is going to have a use for it, and also by now saying that it’s not only for fake tan but any product you want! This would be fine, if it wasn’t blatantly obvious that this was never the original intention

Reactions: 12
Hello - so since the launch happened I have been reading everything on here, YouTube and IG. I’ve become obsessed. I also was one of the minions that did indeed buy Lydia’s product. I received it today and before I give my review I wanted to say - in the hope Lydia or her “team” are reading - the following:

1) It is really really obvious that you all did a unified “duck” when BLM could not be ignored by you. At first not going ahead with a launch because it detracted from raising awareness of BLM seemed totally reasonable and in fact quite on the pulse for someone like Lydia. But now it is blatantly clear that you had to revise your offer so it didn’t so obviously exclude POC. So you put your heads together and decided that “doi” - light bulb moment - black people could use this kit to put on moisturiser! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ So you quickly revised the blurb etc. However, you must have totally forgotten that the tag inside the bag still says independent tanner.
2) Putting a high price tag on something that may not in fact be of that monetary value is the norm today. You need to make dem $$ bills Lyds. Buuuut, what usually makes people buy things regardless of price is the hype around the product, the thinking they are purchasing something that is desired by other people, the feeling that owning it gives a person. Etc. Now I look back I wonder why I parted with my money (which came to 60 something pounds FYI). The lack of care, attention and professionalism put into this launch is embarrassing. It would be bearable if you were starting out, saving money by getting your partner to do photos and you setting up the website yourself etc. But you are not starting out. You clearly take time to flog other peoples tit. You are - in my opinion - one of the more natural influencer floggers when it comes to running lines on a new product we should buy. Why did you f your own product promotion up so royally?
3) Be honest - did you seriously think this was the best first product to launch your own brand? I just don’t see you thinking that. Be truthful!
Ok now my review:

Opened box. Pulled out bag and said box was immediately placed on recycling pile. It’s nice opening a box but not worth it for this product.
Bag is fine. Def what you expect for free with other items but on the better side of the freebie bag spectrum.
Scrubbing stuff. Not used yet but looks standard and am sure works as standard. Ditto for the tanning stuff.
I do apply tan and whilst I can reach my own back I’m sure the back stuff will make for a quicker tanning routine.
Finally, this whole experience has left me enlightened. I no longer view these influencers with awe and a desire to follow their path. I’m intelligent and work on things that actually make a difference in this world. If Lydia and her people really thought this was a special product to spend time and money on then they are really very stupid people. Completely insular and thick. So whilst I will still watch the vlogs out of pure voyeurism, it will never be with the intention of emulating their lifestyle again. Probably will just be so I can participate here ☺
When you use the applicator please let us know how it is. I’m wondering why she attached a ‘Glo’ label to the mitt as most mitts don’t have a label. Surely it would get in the way of trying to evenly apply the tan with the velour fabric if that makes sense and the white label will turn brown.
Also, I always wash my exfoliating gloves on 60 degrees with my bath towels and flannels so any oily products used or dead skin cells are fully washed away off them. Lydia advises to wash hers in a 30 degree wash 😯. I don’t know anyone that washes anything on 30 degrees. Isn’t 40 the norm for clothes and 60 for anything stubborn. Maybe I’m just not echo enough 🙈 but I doubt the tan will wash away off the tools on 30 degrees. I’m curious about every statement Lydia has mentioned about these tools and glad that someone on here actually has them to put these statements to the test. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Reactions: 10
Anyone know who this person facebygrace23 is and how she knows Lydia, she doesnt look like most influencers, Lydia would be friends with, this girl looks very normal, if that makes sence.

Reactions: 4
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 I think ITF and Josie also mentioned this brand. Makes me NOT want to buy from them. Forgot to disclose #gifted. Do they have to disclose if they have bought an item with a discount?? Or only if gifted?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
thank you, now I don’t feel so bad haha. I don’t believe that every brand or product has to be inclusive for absolutely everybody on earth, I don’t even think this is possible..so in this regard I would say that it’s just unfortunate for Lydia that she has launched at this specific moment in time. Having said that, she shot herself in the foot by initially claiming that everybody could use it, when clearly.. not everyone is going to have a use for it, and also by now saying that it’s not only for fake tan but any product you want! This would be fine, if it wasn’t blatantly obvious that this was never the original intention
Yes, very true. Not all products are for everyone. But wouldn't you want to have your very first product be attractive to as many people as possible?
It's just all strange. 🤯

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.