Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
QVC have been giving away a vanity case like that recently with TILI sets . Mine arrived completely dented in - I can’t believe the one L is selling is any better quality tbh. When I mentioned on her comments on launch how overpriced it was, several of her sheep were saying how amazing the quality wouid be- without even handling the product . It wouid be ‘ so much better ‘ than anything on sale anywhere else. Just blind worship . They’re probably 12yrs old 🙄 They couldn’t see the irony - that these products are ALREADY for sale all over the place .

Reactions: 19
Ok so I managed to snap the paperwork inside the box ... sorry it’s a bit blurry but I managed to read it ok.
Definitely a tan kit.
There’s meant to be a video on Lydias channel to demonstrate how to use.
this girl got it as a “freebie” tooView attachment 166751View attachment 166749View attachment 166750

also I’ve just realised, she says it’s a Freebie but doesn’t have all the press release items from St Tropez. 🤔🤔 just the small bottle that the first 500 we’re getting 🤔
So some of the online “sales” must be freebies. I’m guessing bloggers received a code or something to enable them to “purchase” through the website to get them for free.
View attachment 166756
I think the freebie she’s mentioning is the 100ml pf st tropez. She was one of the 500 to get one included.

Reactions: 7
I think the freebie she’s mentioning is the 100ml pf st tropez. She was one of the 500 to get one included.
Doesn’t this just show how deluded people can be... it was quite clear the first 500 orders got the small bottle. Yet she makes out like it’s a random win?
I’m going for no vlog tonight. Further radio silence on this sham.
As if you would change a business name but still supply goods with the wrong branding. TWICE. The box and the inside label of independent tanner.
I need to question myself on why I’m surprised by this!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
As much as Vic (in the frow) annoys the hell out of and is another hypocrite when it comes to sustainability, consumerism, fakery etc, I have to admit, what she is doing in regard to launching her ‘brand’ is embarrassing Lydia even more.

She’s done that poll to start with, then she’s been asking about what people prefer in terms of packaging and getting feedback and also made a point of saying that she wants as much interaction with viewers so that she creates something that she knows people will want and will be as excited as her. She also said that after feedback from viewers she’s made big changes etc.

I really am no fan of hers at all and often pipe up on her thread, but the fact she’s doing the complete opposite of what Lydia has done and is making such a big deal out of wanting to get feedback and creating something people may want, I can’t help but think, either it’s just really unfortunate timing that Vic’s bestie’s launch has failed massively and she’s unintentionally making Lydia look even worse by doing what Lydia SHOULD have done, ...... OR....... she’s actually being passive aggressive and subtly trying to twist the knife!!

Either way, she’s doing a great job of making Lydia look greedy and amateur
I think her viewer feedback is a marketing tool. She’s trying to hype a product that hasn’t been created yet so that when it does launch, her followers feel some sort of ownership - that they helped “create it” so have some unconscious need to buy it regardless if they actually need it.

Reactions: 10
Hello - so since the launch happened I have been reading everything on here, YouTube and IG. I’ve become obsessed. I also was one of the minions that did indeed buy Lydia’s product. I received it today and before I give my review I wanted to say - in the hope Lydia or her “team” are reading - the following:

1) It is really really obvious that you all did a unified “duck” when BLM could not be ignored by you. At first not going ahead with a launch because it detracted from raising awareness of BLM seemed totally reasonable and in fact quite on the pulse for someone like Lydia. But now it is blatantly clear that you had to revise your offer so it didn’t so obviously exclude POC. So you put your heads together and decided that “doi” - light bulb moment - black people could use this kit to put on moisturiser! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ So you quickly revised the blurb etc. However, you must have totally forgotten that the tag inside the bag still says independent tanner.
2) Putting a high price tag on something that may not in fact be of that monetary value is the norm today. You need to make dem $$ bills Lyds. Buuuut, what usually makes people buy things regardless of price is the hype around the product, the thinking they are purchasing something that is desired by other people, the feeling that owning it gives a person. Etc. Now I look back I wonder why I parted with my money (which came to 60 something pounds FYI). The lack of care, attention and professionalism put into this launch is embarrassing. It would be bearable if you were starting out, saving money by getting your partner to do photos and you setting up the website yourself etc. But you are not starting out. You clearly take time to flog other peoples tit. You are - in my opinion - one of the more natural influencer floggers when it comes to running lines on a new product we should buy. Why did you f your own product promotion up so royally?
3) Be honest - did you seriously think this was the best first product to launch your own brand? I just don’t see you thinking that. Be truthful!
Ok now my review:

Opened box. Pulled out bag and said box was immediately placed on recycling pile. It’s nice opening a box but not worth it for this product.
Bag is fine. Def what you expect for free with other items but on the better side of the freebie bag spectrum.
Scrubbing stuff. Not used yet but looks standard and am sure works as standard. Ditto for the tanning stuff.
I do apply tan and whilst I can reach my own back I’m sure the back stuff will make for a quicker tanning routine.
Finally, this whole experience has left me enlightened. I no longer view these influencers with awe and a desire to follow their path. I’m intelligent and work on things that actually make a difference in this world. If Lydia and her people really thought this was a special product to spend time and money on then they are really very stupid people. Completely insular and thick. So whilst I will still watch the vlogs out of pure voyeurism, it will never be with the intention of emulating their lifestyle again. Probably will just be so I can participate here ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 99
As a paying customer Vick got just the small bottle of St tropez but yesterday the beauty blogger Really Rae (??) Got a whole stash of items. It's such a massive smack in the face to paying customers you get even less value added than the gifted kits!

• Angry
Reactions: 31
I don’t think I (or many of us) will get over the shock of selling one glove only. That in itself is embarrassing but I cannot believe she changed the company name and yet she has issued products with the wrong branding?! It’s amateur at best and child play at worst. Considering she’s spent so much time waiting for this launch it astounds me that she wouldn’t correct the branding - even if she did have to absorb these costs, to me it is just basic marketing 101 that you’d have the correct name of your company on the box.

Reactions: 28
"It's a good nose day" ?

View attachment 166820
Her body language in this photo seems defensive/insecure, the mouth is smiling, upturned, but the eyes aren't smiling. This looks forced, I have to do this, I don't want to, I will put my arm across as a barrier to protect myself from all this unwanted attention. Normally she is arms and legs akimbo, drawing in all the attention.

Reactions: 18
Hello - so since the launch happened I have been reading everything on here, YouTube and IG. I’ve become obsessed. I also was one of the minions that did indeed buy Lydia’s product. I received it today and before I give my review I wanted to say - in the hope Lydia or her “team” are reading - the following:

1) It is really really obvious that you all did a unified “duck” when BLM could not be ignored by you. At first not going ahead with a launch because it detracted from raising awareness of BLM seemed totally reasonable and in fact quite on the pulse for someone like Lydia. But now it is blatantly clear that you had to revise your offer so it didn’t so obviously exclude POC. So you put your heads together and decided that “doi” - light bulb moment - black people could use this kit to put on moisturiser! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ So you quickly revised the blurb etc. However, you must have totally forgotten that the tag inside the bag still says independent tanner.
2) Putting a high price tag on something that may not in fact be of that monetary value is the norm today. You need to make dem $$ bills Lyds. Buuuut, what usually makes people buy things regardless of price is the hype around the product, the thinking they are purchasing something that is desired by other people, the feeling that owning it gives a person. Etc. Now I look back I wonder why I parted with my money (which came to 60 something pounds FYI). The lack of care, attention and professionalism put into this launch is embarrassing. It would be bearable if you were starting out, saving money by getting your partner to do photos and you setting up the website yourself etc. But you are not starting out. You clearly take time to flog other peoples tit. You are - in my opinion - one of the more natural influencer floggers when it comes to running lines on a new product we should buy. Why did you f your own product promotion up so royally?
3) Be honest - did you seriously think this was the best first product to launch your own brand? I just don’t see you thinking that. Be truthful!
Ok now my review:

Opened box. Pulled out bag and said box was immediately placed on recycling pile. It’s nice opening a box but not worth it for this product.
Bag is fine. Def what you expect for free with other items but on the better side of the freebie bag spectrum.
Scrubbing stuff. Not used yet but looks standard and am sure works as standard. Ditto for the tanning stuff.
I do apply tan and whilst I can reach my own back I’m sure the back stuff will make for a quicker tanning routine.
Finally, this whole experience has left me enlightened. I no longer view these influencers with awe and a desire to follow their path. I’m intelligent and work on things that actually make a difference in this world. If Lydia and her people really thought this was a special product to spend time and money on then they are really very stupid people. Completely insular and thick. So whilst I will still watch the vlogs out of pure voyeurism, it will never be with the intention of emulating their lifestyle again. Probably will just be so I can participate here ☺
Are you keeping the Glo toolkit or sending it back for a refund? Just from the viewpoint of do you personally think it’s worth the money. No hate if you keep it. x

Reactions: 14
What is the history with the name branding? Was it originally going to be called independent tanner but then she changed it to Glo b forgot that the products and labels had independant tanner on them?

Reactions: 5
I think this comment is a harsh.
I think she has a lovely figure ... I don’t think many of us have perfect bodies regardless of whether we are thin slim or chubby.
I agree. Nobody's perfect. I think she works out a lot and does try to stay fit. I admire that about her.

Oddly... I've been thinking about this a lot. :)
I think she is very engaging. I enjoy watching her. I don't think it's easy to talk to a camera and she does it well.
She has a past that doesn't match the person she is trying to become today. I'm ok with that. I don't shame women for their sexuality.

I suppose I am just a bit hurt that she thinks so little of her followers. Without them, she'd have nothing.
I know that putting out videos is a ton of work. I'm sure it is a full-time job. I'm happy she does it because I live a little vicariously through her.
I'm not mad that she makes a lot of money for this and well... I can accept that she gets a lot of freebies for it, too. We both get something.

My issue with her is solely the money grab of this launch. She must think we are so gullible.
The products are ridiculously overpriced in the best of times. This is clearly not the best of times.
The product itself is not needed in the marketplace and above that there's nothing special at all to differentiate it.
It is only useful to a very select group of people and likely excludes a huge number of her followers. I'm one of them.

This launch is so poorly thought out and executed. I won't even go into detail about the Logo or the brand usage. Such a copy.
I think she ultimately knew this wasn't a good plan and went through with it anyway.
Her actions prove this. She isn't proud of this product. She's not GLOwing with joy over it. She's hiding from it.
She's tried to play it off by renaming it so it would seem more inclusive but that failed miserably.
She's tried hard as heck to convince us that it's so luxe. That didn't work.
No integrity.

I think she'll get away with it... so thanks for letting me vent. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Apologies if this has been covered already but has she had her implants removed? And if so, when? She's always updating us on her life through Insta stories, so how has she had the time to get this done, not to mention a lot of operations like this would be cancelled due to COVID. This sort of thing would require recuperation time surely? I am confused :unsure:

Reactions: 3
"It's a good nose day" ?

View attachment 166820
Is this not the same dress she wore on Thursday in the woeful, explanatory, instastory???
So she either hasn't showered since then and changed her clothes (probably waiting for her mitt to dry 😉) or this pic was taken on Thursday!!

And again Lydia your body language is ATROCIOUS. Closed and defensive 🙄

Reactions: 9
Are you keeping the Glo toolkit or sending it back for a refund? Just from the viewpoint of do you personally think it’s worth the money. No hate if you keep it. x
I’m keeping it purely because I cannot be bothered to take time out of my day to go to the post office (covid) and then argue with her “team” as to why I should get a refund. So as I said I will use the product but it was not worth fifty. I was needing a new cosmetics bag for when I travelled so I will get a use out of it all. The bag does feel sturdy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Is this not the same dress she wore on Thursday in the woeful, explanatory, instastory???
So she either hasn't showered since then and changed her clothes (probably waiting for her mitt to dry 😉) or this pic was taken on Thursday!!

And again Lydia your body language is ATROCIOUS. Closed and defensive 🙄
Sorry just realised I've repeated previous points, this is what happens when you can't help but reply immediately because you just can't believe the continued f' up that's going on. Promise to actually get to the end of the thread before responding next time!

"It's a good nose day" ?

View attachment 166820
I think a good nose day (who even ever says that) is ALL it is 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.