Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 166748
you can tell that its flimsy and cheap by the indent aka fabric collapsing Because its not strong enough to hold or because when they were sewing the bag the side fabric was too long for the top fabric causing the indent. If it was cheaper i wouldnt say anything but for £50 id expect a strong bag that holds its shape
To be honest it looks like a car kit that you Use to clean your bumper

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I don’t understand why ‘beauty bloggers’ are saying they’ve never seen the back exfoliator / applicator before! I bought some from Selfridges about 3 years ago from a brand called Bronzie! So surely they’ve seen these too 😂 it’s actually frustrating me

• Haha
Reactions: 23
With all this crap she goes on about regarding glowing skin and feeling good when her skin is good, her diet is absolutely shocking. Remember when Carrie alluded to Lydia pretending to eat soup when she asked if Lydia had tipped her bowl back into the pot. Then another time Ali was showing off one of their takeaway roasts and said something like 'I've taken all the veg because Lydia won't eat it' and her plate was literally a beige mess.

If you're gonna preach skincare surely the most elementary aspect is to have a diet rich in colourful fruit and veg? Instead her meals consist of pasta, chicken nuggets and roasts without the veg. An occasional smoothie (not offered to her husband) or the occasional awful looking thermomix curry. I've not seen any meal other than that on any of her vlogs for at least a year. Also no fruit bowl in the kitchen, to me that's so strange.
Cawwie made her pasta with veg sauce and she picked out the veg.

Reactions: 9
View attachment 166748
you can tell that its flimsy and cheap by the indent aka fabric collapsing Because its not strong enough to hold or because when they were sewing the bag the side fabric was too long for the top fabric causing the indent. If it was cheaper i wouldnt say anything but for £50 id expect a strong bag that holds its shape
I feel like that is one super cheap zipper and in the launch video even Lydia was struggling with it.

How are these sustainable babes going to justify using a plastic bag of crap that came from China - likely from a factory with horrible working conditions and a severely underpaid staff.

Reactions: 17
Well she could always exfoliate the patio with all the unsold mitts. It’s always looking grubby.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I think she will bring something else out in a few weeks (something that's sat in her office) and then put the toolkits on sale at the same time
I see a “We’re restocked babessss” promotion sometime in our future - with the original stock that didn’t sell 😂 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Slightly off topic - what is that white top she is wearing? It’s hideous!

Exactly. ITF seems to work hard. She doesn’t grate on me as much as others, although her lifestyle is definitely not sustainable!
The white top is an absolute favourite of hers. The sleeves are attached but I think she separated them in order to wear without. I've got a feeling this was the top she bought four of, but if not she definitely bought four of something similar.

Reactions: 6
Her silence on social media says it all really. If it was a success we would have been inundated with stories. She does love to gloat. And in all fairness if it was a great product and she had handled it well and it had of been a success I would say well done. It will save her face and grace if she just puts up a video and admits defeat on this one, without attacking anyone or blaming anyone else. Admit yes I'm disappointed and upset but I hope to learn from this and offer refunds to anyone wanting one. Next time I will ask my audience what they would like. Will she do this though?

Reactions: 24
I don’t moisturise my back. I put sweet almond oil on my legs arms and chest and neck when I can be bothered.
I love sweet almond oil, I used it while pregnant and don’t have stretch marks. Also you can use it after breastfeeding on cracked nips. Just FYI ladies 😘🤣
I don’t think anyone has ever used a mitt to moisturise ever. I’ll laugh if I’m wrong lol.
I don’t know anyone in my circle of friends that would use a mitt to moisturise ...ever! She simply switched hastily to make out its was an all inclusive product i.w for people of colour to use who most likely don’t tan (some I am sure Of course may do). She would have been better off keeping as it was intended as a tanning kit ...it wouldn’t have meant she was being racist there is nothing wrong with tanning if you like I add fake tan. She simply could delayed them launch a bit longer rather than making an even bigger mess of it.

I don’t understand why ‘beauty bloggers’ are saying they’ve never seen the back exfoliator / applicator before! I bought some from Selfridges about 3 years ago from a brand called Bronzie! So surely they’ve seen these too 😂 it’s actually frustrating me
clutching at straws, EVERYWHERE has them and Superdrug have much better ones. What they probably mean is they've never been sent one before.

• Haha
I don’t know anyone in my circle of friends that would use a mitt to moisturise ...ever! She simply switched hastily to make out its was an all inclusive product i.w for people of colour to use who most likely don’t tan (some I am sure Of course may do). She would have been better off keeping as it was intended as a tanning kit ...it wouldn’t have meant she was being racist there is nothing wrong with tanning if you like I add fake tan. She simply could delayed them launch a bit longer rather than making an even bigger mess of it.
Whos got time to piss about using a mitt to apply moisturiser?

Reactions: 16
Surely if she’s going to use the same stock she’s just pulled to ‘restock’ In a couple of weeks the fact the branding is wrong etc will be a massive giveaway that it’s the same stock 🙉

what a shambles!

also, hi everyone! Haven’t commented on a thread for a VERY long time!

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.