Lydia Millen #189 Liar, liar, dresses like Mrs Doubtfire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone has P&L accounts sheet access it should tell us what she paid herself ..

Reactions: 7
They have a cheek really, saying it was an honest mistake and we are all learning! She had SO many comments, constructive, emotional comments explaining what she had said and why it was wrong and she just deleted them! That is not how you handle an ‘honest mistake’ or ‘learning’ from it! Learning from it would have resulted in a heartfelt apology but no, so I’m sorry LK Bennett but that’s a load of old tit.
If she was twenty than maybe it would be a honest mistake as the word isn't used anymore but she is 33 so was around when the word was used as a slur etc so she damn well knows what it means!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
With this and her cultural appropriation with the indigenous headdress (and nipple tassels) it's a wonder she hasn't been cancelled ten times over already.
She ticks a lot of boxes.
This explains the urgency and cash grab for her book which literally only took her a few months to write… she really is trying to find any way to make money up and re establish her business.

Maybe after COVID companies are being more selective on who they work with and how much marketing budget they have? Is there any tattlers who work in PR/marketing who can confirm?

Also it would be interesting to hear any news from inside the bunga!! @TeaSpiller any news?? Xx
She did first talk about her book as a financial mystery project/goal that she really wants to achieve finance wise. She never spoke about it as a creative project in the beginning.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If anyone has P&L accounts sheet access it should tell us what she paid herself ..
How much she pays herself would be interesting. Even with these figures how does she afford all those Birkin bags? I have lost count in how many she owns. Does anyone know the grand total of B Bags?

Reactions: 12
How much she pays herself would be interesting. Even with these figures how does she afford all those Birkin bags? I have lost count in how many she owns. Does anyone know the grand total of B Bags?
mid love to know what Karen millen pay her. I think she’s living mostly from what km pay her and I can’t work out why their collaboration is lasting this long. Normally a company wants whoever is hot right now but they use Lydia!

be interesting to see what is said tonight if anything

Reactions: 15
I don’t know if this might be of some interest to you. Saw them a few weeks back and it provided a good explanation for me, someone who knows nothing about profit and loss accounts. All for LEM OnlineView attachment 2477111
so it looks like she’s taken a huge chunk from the business (which will have cost a lot in tax!) in order to reduce her mortgage which she said she did at the start of the year.
My bet is her mortgage term was up (5 years) and she couldn’t afford it on her own without her dad as guarantor again, so purged the business account to be able to reduce the mortgage and be able to afford it on their own. Pretty desperate to lose so much in tax to be able to keep the bunga!
---
What did Lydia give away for 1M 🤖? Nada

Matter of fact..: has she ever done a giveaway? 🧐

I do like Kate Hutchins. She reminds me of Lydia circa 2016 with her style. I hope she doesn’t go off the rails like the lady of the bunga

• Wow
Reactions: 17
So much hurt caused. With more to unearth.

Is not one of the biggest parts—and why this story could fade—is that there is no easy-to-find evidence of her actually doing this? It has all essentially been scrubbed away—with the exception of this website and Petty Moi’s TikTok—her offensive moment has been nearly erased. The Daily Mail didn’t include any evidential video of her saying it either, so it didn’t spark the immediate outrage that Savoygate did, with her famously praising the “Savoy’s wonderful hot water,” while you also visually saw her twirling in an over-the-top dress with an Hermes bag ostentatiously jutting off her Patek Philippe-trimmed arm. Hardly a damsel in distress. Everyone could quickly see the tone-deafness and ludicrousness of it all. And if not, hundreds of TikToks of people lambasting her for weeks to come certainly did the informing. That likely hasn’t happened here because people haven’t personally yet seen the event occur with their own eyes or ears.

Even more, hasn’t this story only been partially told? For it is one thing to say this horrible word…but it then becomes a whole other thing when you realize that she herself placed this slur out into the world as part of her twice-weeklyentertainment to her “3 million+ viewing audience.” It also then becomes a whole other thing to then deny it, making up a ridiculous story (mongrel/dog) about it. But isn’t it more galling that one would choose to showcase themselves saying such a word, decide to place it in a video, and then also use it as a core part of theirteaser” & advertising, broadcasting it, not just once, but 2 times in 1 day?

Thanks to 💗 @Julia123, this IG Story/video that Julia thoughtfully saved and shared (reposted below), before it was scrubbed, could be that evidential “pièce de resistance.” Sadly, this video has seen less light of day than the vlog snippet—and because of this, she has gotten away with much more.

⭐ This is the video that everyone needs to see. ⭐

View attachment 2477311

For if you watch/rewatch it, you can easily see:

1. In this—yet another video of HER OWN MAKING, she once again uses this awful word around the :09 mark.

2. By this teaser video’s mere existence, unknowingness of the slur cannot be feigned, nor does the “I would never use this word to offend anyone” hold much weight, because this word/moment was obviously pinpointed, selected and reviewed—or how else did it magically make its way into a new 24-second teaser video? This wasn’t the slur’s original or only iteration. It was the SECOND TIME this slur was selected and broadcast that day.

3. And this video—with its undeniable “teaser”/advertising format—is not only proof that it happened, but it is worse because she and her team chose to highlight this slur moment. So, one can naturally conclude they must somehow be fond of it because it was selected above nearly all else—out of all the other available 3,930 seconds in this whopping 1 hour, 6-minute vlog. This slur moment must have been deemed to have been that good, worthy, funny, or entertaining to take on such prominence and what they felt was needed to help “announce & sell” the video’s upload and arrival to YouTube Monday evening. Otherwise, it too would have been on the cutting room floor with the other remaining 65 ½ minutes.

4. This video also confirms that she & her team must have no issue with the slur, because they decided to only draw further attention to it, by placing hyperlinks and the words “WATCH NOW” immediately underneath. So again, they must have believed that it was positive and would serve as “good advertising” and “catnip” to help draw in audiences.

View attachment 2477305

5. She also doubled-down on ownership of this slur moment by choosing to proudly affix her name, logo and brand beneath it as well. Nothing demonstrates one’s ownership of something more than this.

6. Even worse, when you just read the transcribed words of this “teaser video”, it becomes more incredulous why someone would do this, piecing it together as they did, with accompanying sounds and words that could potentially be seen as continuing, aiding or further speaking to the slur word that she just used. Is she impersonating people who have disabilities? Is she ridiculing them? Why did she just call herself or someone else "a complete m*ong"? The editing is so bad that it makes absolutely no sense. The potential misunderstandings and meanings one could construe from this are both astonishingly stupid and senseless.

The transcribed words of the second half of this video:

- “A complete m*ng!”
- “Better!”
- “OK, we’re happy about this! Great, fantastic!”
- “Wooooh ooooh”
- “Uh-huh! Yaayyyy!”
- “Chutney making”
- “Chicken poo”
- “Wooooh oooooh”
- “Ha ha ha”
- “Hell-raiser”
- “From this to this”
- “Good oooooh…”

The squealing, “chicken poo” and “hellraiser” are all horrible on their own. No true professional, no true lady, nor any true author with any emotional intelligence or class would publish such garbage. It is silly, juvenile and crude.

If only the general public, Petty Moi/Tiktok, the media or even Shabaz Says saw this teaser video—where they could not only see her saying these words, in an edit of her own making—with her name, branding & promotion proudly all over it, and with all the other gibberish they chose to place alongside the slur, things might be viewed in a new light.

That this was likely no mistake.
That there is ownership.
No embarrassment on her or her team’s part in creating, broadcasting or promoting this—and that they did so not just once, but 2 times that day.
That this slur was advertising-worthy to her and her team.
Worthy of placing her name and brand alongside it too.
Without remorse.
And when called out, it was met with indifference and denial.
Then a reluctant removal of the offense, but only when pressured. Not because of true regret, self-awareness or desired self-correction.
And as of this moment, still never sincerely apologizing or stopping to think about any real hurt this may have caused.
Life has just moved on….business as usual, for her.

All this, coming from this “new, wiser person” she claims to have become, thanks to all the "important lessons she learned” from Savoygate just a few short months ago.
And unbelievably doing this 2 weeks prior to her “self-penned” book’s debut, where she plans to showcase this very “newfound wisdom” that she believes the world also needs, and hopes will hungrily fall at her feet for—preferably for her hand-signed copies, of course.

And doing this just days after she once again, with tears streaming down her face, begged to see more kindness in the world and for people to do better.

It is all together mind-boggling and deeply disturbing.
I got goosebumps at the end of this post it is so well written and all so true. Even I had not realised the true extent of what her and Carrie have done here. This post should go viral along with the video, because if it did then she would most surely be seen for who she really is. I applaud you.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m surprised her mortgage is as big as it’s sounding!. I thought she had earnt a million at one point and I assumed nearly all of that would have gone into her property .. blimey !! I personally would of put my cash into my home upon earning that

Reactions: 14
I’m surprised her mortgage is as big as it’s sounding!. I thought she had earnt a million at one point and I assumed nearly all of that would have gone into her property .. blimey !! I personally would of put my cash into my home upon earning that
She bought the bunga around the time of her wedding, I think for 1.3 mil or around that. In my opinion her most successful years were from end of 2017 to February/March 2020. The majority of her money came after purchasing the bunga so they would have really had to scrape together to make it work.

Reactions: 14
same here! She only made about £50k profit off the MK place and think she withdrew about £250k from the business as a deposit for the bunga. (Her accounts from that time showed a chunk withdrawn as dividends I believe) so the mortgage was still over £1m hence why daddy was a guarantor.
But back then you could get a low 1.8% deal on your mortgage. In the last year we’re averaging 5% so her monthly payments would have increased by a couple of thousand!!
That’s why I think she’s panicked and paid a big chunk off. Because her dad is prob now too old to be a guarantor and she can’t afford a mortgage on the new rates. In the long run it’s probably sensible but boy, it’s hardly like she’s off scooping up property or investing left right and centre like she makes out. She’s just covering her arse!!

Reactions: 24
She’s ageing a lot , her neck looks at least 10 yrs older
---
same here! She only made about £50k profit off the MK place and think she withdrew about £250k from the business as a deposit for the bunga. (Her accounts from that time showed a chunk withdrawn as dividends I believe) so the mortgage was still over £1m hence why daddy was a guarantor.
But back then you could get a low 1.8% deal on your mortgage. In the last year we’re averaging 5% so her monthly payments would have increased by a couple of thousand!!
That’s why I think she’s panicked and paid a big chunk off. Because her dad is prob now too old to be a guarantor and she can’t afford a mortgage on the new rates. In the long run it’s probably sensible but boy, it’s hardly like she’s off scooping up property or investing left right and centre like she makes out. She’s just covering her arse!!
so do we think her mortgage is 600 k is then?.

huge difference in interest rates plus the cost of food and heating . I’d imagine the heating bill is high because of the kitchen extension. Can’t be easy to keep the extension warm the ceiling is high and it’s big

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Easy borrow money from the business account. Which is what she’s done. Hence the amount owing. She lives way beyond her means in terms of income.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.