Lydia Millen #189 Liar, liar, dresses like Mrs Doubtfire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Elle derby didn't get cancelled etc for her racist comments then Lydia definitely wont

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Am I the only one thinking that Lydia is not crying over this. She is not even bothered. She is not firing anyone. She is not regreting anything... but opposite, she and Carrie might be celebrating cause the video is getting more views (they are THAT kind of people)

View attachment 2475919

She got free publicity at the DM. Brands don't care about these incidents and keep hiring her and inviting her to events.

You might think this woman learnt the lesson by now (after Nicky, The Savoy...) but she just always gets away without any consecuence. Brands she works with have no ba/&s to stand up and fire her. Brands just love a good scandal as much as Lydia. Which is sick and sad to be honest.
No - Lydia is the type who absolutely can't stand criticism, even if she could monetise it. She yearns for external validation and wants to be the object of envy because she envies others and covets their possessions, lifestyle, achievements, and happiness. Addressing any of her shortcomings is an attack to this carefully constructed image, and she is unable to brush this aside because deep down she is terribly, terribly insecure. Her smugness, vanity and lack of compassion are a compensation for her deep-seated feeling of inadequacy.

This is also why she can never apologise - admitting she is in the wrong would mean admitting to having been inadequate, or lacking at times. It is much more consistent with her type to lose her tit and obsesses over this.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
She has no more work with Dior, NARS, Jimmy Choo, Louboutin, Farfetch, Net-a-Porter, GHD, Fendi, Manolo Blahnik, Salvatore Ferragamo etc. etc
That is where the true money is and once these major brands dumped her, numerous others did too.
Other than Karen Millen.....she doesn't have much of anything as for major brands.
Hmm, I think you are right. I haven't seeing her IG in ages, and I see after The Savoy she has only got a lot of brands I never have heard before: Suzannah London, FAIRFAX & FAVOR, Jasper Conran London, Jackariaeh francis (Parisian Sweet), Monique Lhuillier, Emilia Wickstead.

And brands like Karen Miller, St.Tropez, BEAUTY PIE and Holland Cooper seems to support her and work with her no matter what :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 20
Her plan worked. Her views were all under 100k for a long time and now they’ve all doubled within a couple of days!! I stayed well away from this bully for a long time and when I checked back in I was happy to see the dramatic drop in views and the notable drop in brands working with her. She knew what she was doing with her comment, she knew it would get her name out there again and I’m telling you know she is LOVING being front page news.
I wonder if it is worth complaining to YouTube etc to hit her monetisation?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t know if this might be of some interest to you. Saw them a few weeks back and it provided a good explanation for me, someone who knows nothing about profit and loss accounts. All for LEM OnlineView attachment 2477111
This explains the urgency and cash grab for her book which literally only took her a few months to write… she really is trying to find any way to make money up and re establish her business.

Maybe after COVID companies are being more selective on who they work with and how much marketing budget they have? Is there any tattlers who work in PR/marketing who can confirm?

Also it would be interesting to hear any news from inside the bunga!! @TeaSpiller any news?? Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What did Lydia give away for 1M 🤖? Nada

Matter of fact..: has she ever done a giveaway? 🧐

What did Lydia give away for 1M 🤖? Nada

Matter of fact..: has she ever done a giveaway? 🧐

Didn't know about this lady, she's beautiful, seems down to earth and respectful, great dress sense and style. Lydiot has none of these.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I would hope The Prince's Trust of all organizations is notified. There is no way they would want to work with a despicable excuse for a human being moving forward.

Has anyone sent the evidence to them? I'm here in the US.

As for LK Bennett, I actually had two pair of shoes and some clothes in a cart to purchase. Will definitely NOT be EVER purchasing a thing from them now.
You should let them know why you’ll not be purchasing. And yes, please, someone in the UK tell the Prince’s Trust about this ableist disaster of a human being.

• Heart
So much hurt caused. With more to unearth.

Is not one of the biggest parts—and why this story could fade—is that there is no easy-to-find evidence of her actually doing this? It has all essentially been scrubbed away—with the exception of this website and Petty Moi’s TikTok—her offensive moment has been nearly erased. The Daily Mail didn’t include any evidential video of her saying it either, so it didn’t spark the immediate outrage that Savoygate did, with her famously praising the “Savoy’s wonderful hot water,” while you also visually saw her twirling in an over-the-top dress with an Hermes bag ostentatiously jutting off her Patek Philippe-trimmed arm. Hardly a damsel in distress. Everyone could quickly see the tone-deafness and ludicrousness of it all. And if not, hundreds of TikToks of people lambasting her for weeks to come certainly did the informing. That likely hasn’t happened here because people haven’t personally yet seen the event occur with their own eyes or ears.

Even more, hasn’t this story only been partially told? For it is one thing to say this horrible word…but it then becomes a whole other thing when you realize that she herself placed this slur out into the world as part of her twice-weekly “entertainment” to her “3 million+ viewing audience.” It also then becomes a whole other thing to then deny it, making up a ridiculous story (mongrel/dog) about it. But isn’t it more galling that one would choose to showcase themselves saying such a word, decide to place it in a video, and then also use it as a core part of their “teaser” & advertising, broadcasting it, not just once, but 2 times in 1 day?

Thanks to 💗 @Julia123, this IG Story/video that Julia thoughtfully saved and shared (reposted below), before it was scrubbed, could be that evidential “pièce de resistance.” Sadly, this video has seen less light of day than the vlog snippet—and because of this, she has gotten away with much more.

⭐ This is the video that everyone needs to see. ⭐

For if you watch/rewatch it, you can easily see:

1. In this—yet another video of HER OWN MAKING, she once again uses this awful word around the :09 mark.

2. By this teaser video’s mere existence, unknowingness of the slur cannot be feigned, nor does the “I would never use this word to offend anyone” hold much weight, because this word/moment was obviously pinpointed, selected and reviewed—or how else did it magically make its way into a new 24-second teaser video? This wasn’t the slur’s original or only iteration. It was the SECOND TIME this slur was selected and broadcast that day.

3. And this video—with its undeniable “teaser”/advertising format—is not only proof that it happened, but it is worse because she and her team chose to highlight this slur moment. So, one can naturally conclude they must somehow be fond of it because it was selected above nearly all else—out of all the other available 3,930 seconds in this whopping 1 hour, 6-minute vlog. This slur moment must have been deemed to have been that good, worthy, funny, or entertaining to take on such prominence and what they felt was needed to help “announce & sell” the video’s upload and arrival to YouTube Monday evening. Otherwise, it too would have been on the cutting room floor with the other remaining 65 ½ minutes.

4. This video also confirms that she & her team must have no issue with the slur, because they decided to only draw further attention to it, by placing hyperlinks and the words “WATCH NOW” immediately underneath. So again, they must have believed that it was positive and would serve as “good advertising” and “catnip” to help draw in audiences.

1695862291788.png

5. She also doubled-down on ownership of this slur moment by choosing to proudly affix her name, logo and brand beneath it as well. Nothing demonstrates one’s ownership of something more than this.

6. Even worse, when you just read the transcribed words of this “teaser video”, it becomes more incredulous why someone would do this, piecing it together as they did, with accompanying sounds and words that could potentially be seen as continuing, aiding or further speaking to the slur word that she just used. Is she impersonating people who have disabilities? Is she ridiculing them? Why did she just call herself or someone else "a complete m*ong"? The editing is so bad that it makes absolutely no sense. The potential misunderstandings and meanings one could construe from this are both astonishingly stupid and senseless.

The transcribed words of the second half of this video:

- “A complete m*ng!”
- “Better!”
- “OK, we’re happy about this! Great, fantastic!”
- “Wooooh ooooh”
- “Uh-huh! Yaayyyy!”
- “Chutney making”
- “Chicken poo”
- “Wooooh oooooh”
- “Ha ha ha”
- “Hell-raiser”
- “From this to this”
- “Good oooooh…”

The squealing, “chicken poo” and “hellraiser” are all horrible on their own. No true professional, no true lady, nor any true author with any emotional intelligence or class would publish such garbage. It is silly, juvenile and crude.

If only the general public, Petty Moi/Tiktok, the media or even Shabaz Says saw this teaser video—where they could not only see her saying these words, in an edit of her own making—with her name, branding & promotion proudly all over it, and with all the other gibberish they chose to place alongside the slur, things might be viewed in a new light.

That this was likely no mistake.
That there is ownership.
No embarrassment on her or her team’s part in creating, broadcasting or promoting this—and that they did so not just once, but 2 times that day.
That this slur was advertising-worthy to her and her team.
Worthy of placing her name and brand alongside it too.
Without remorse.
And when called out, it was met with indifference and denial.
Then a reluctant removal of the offense, but only when pressured. Not because of true regret, self-awareness or desired self-correction.
And as of this moment, still never sincerely apologizing or stopping to think about any real hurt this may have caused.
Life has just moved on….business as usual, for her.

All this, coming from this “new, wiser person” she claims to have become, thanks to all the "important lessons she learned” from Savoygate just a few short months ago.
And unbelievably doing this 2 weeks prior to her “self-penned” book’s debut, where she plans to showcase this very “newfound wisdom” that she believes the world also needs, and hopes will hungrily fall at her feet for—preferably for her hand-signed copies, of course.

And doing this just days after she once again, with tears streaming down her face, begged to see more kindness in the world and for people to do better.

It is all together mind-boggling and deeply disturbing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 60

Is not one of the biggest parts—and why this story could fade—is that there is no easy-to-find evidence of her actually doing this? It has all essentially been scrubbed away—with the exception of this website and Petty Moi’s TikTok—her offensive moment has been nearly erased. The Daily Mail didn’t include any evidential video of her saying it either, so it didn’t spark the immediate outrage that Savoygate did, with her famously praising the “Savoy’s wonderful hot water,” while you also visually saw her twirling in an over-the-top dress with an Hermes bag ostentatiously jutting off her Patek Philippe-trimmed arm. Hardly a damsel in distress. Everyone could quickly see the tone-deafness and ludicrousness of it all. And if not, hundreds of TikToks of people lambasting her for weeks to come certainly did the informing. That likely hasn’t happened here because people haven’t personally yet seen the event occur with their own eyes or ears.

Even more, hasn’t this story only been partially told? For it is one thing to say this horrible word…but it then becomes a whole other thing when you realize that she herself placed this slur out into the world as part of her twice-weekly “entertainment” to her “3 million+ viewing audience.” It also then becomes a whole other thing to then deny it, making up a ridiculous story (mongrel/dog) about it. But isn’t it more galling that one would choose to showcase themselves saying such a word, decide to place it in a video, and then also use it as a core part of their “teaser” & advertising, broadcasting it, not just once, but 2 times in 1 day?

Thanks to 💗 @Julia123, this IG Story/video that Julia thoughtfully saved and shared (reposted below), before it was scrubbed, could be that evidential “pièce de resistance.” Sadly, this video has seen less light of day than the vlog snippet—and because of this, she has gotten away with much more.

View attachment 2477311

1. In this—yet another video of HER OWN MAKING, she once again uses this awful word around the :09 mark.

2. By this teaser video’s mere existence, unknowingness of the slur cannot be feigned, nor does the “I would never use this word to offend anyone” hold much weight, because this word/moment was obviously pinpointed, selected and reviewed—or how else did it magically make its way into a new 24-second teaser video? This wasn’t the slur’s original or only iteration. It was the SECOND TIME this slur was selected and broadcast that day.

3. And this video—with its undeniable “teaser”/advertising format—is not only proof that it happened, but it is worse because she and her team chose to highlight this slur moment. So, one can naturally conclude they must somehow be fond of it because it was selected above nearly all else—out of all the other available 3,930 seconds in this whopping 1 hour, 6-minute vlog. This slur moment must have been deemed to have been that good, worthy, funny, or entertaining to take on such prominence and what they felt was needed to help “announce & sell” the video’s upload and arrival to YouTube Monday evening. Otherwise, it too would have been on the cutting room floor with the other remaining 65 ½ minutes.

4. This video also confirms that she & her team must have no issue with the slur, because they decided to only draw further attention to it, by placing hyperlinks and the words “WATCH NOW” immediately underneath. So again, they must have believed that it was positive and would serve as “good advertising” and “catnip” to help draw in audiences.

View attachment 2477305

5. She also doubled-down on ownership of this slur moment by choosing to proudly affix her name, logo and brand beneath it as well. Nothing demonstrates one’s ownership of something more than this.

6. Even worse, when you just read the transcribed words of this “teaser video”, it becomes more incredulous why someone would do this, piecing it together as they did, with accompanying sounds and words that could potentially be seen as continuing, aiding or further speaking to the slur word that she just used. Is she impersonating people who have disabilities? Is she ridiculing them? Why did she just call herself or someone else "a complete m*ong"? The editing is so bad that it makes absolutely no sense. The potential misunderstandings and meanings one could construe from this are both astonishingly stupid and senseless.

- “A complete m*ng!”
- “Better!”
- “Wooooh ooooh”
- “Uh-huh! Yaayyyy!”
- “Chutney making”
- “Chicken poo”
- “Wooooh oooooh”
- “Ha ha ha”
- “Hell-raiser”
- “From this to this”
- “Good oooooh…”

The squealing, “chicken poo” and “hellraiser” are all horrible on their own. No true professional, no true lady, nor any true author with any emotional intelligence or class would publish such garbage. It is silly, juvenile and crude.

If only the general public, Petty Moi/Tiktok, the media or even Shabaz Says saw this teaser video—where they could not only see her saying these words, in an edit of her own making—with her name, branding & promotion proudly all over it, and with all the other gibberish they chose to place alongside the slur, things might be viewed in a new light.

That there is ownership.
No embarrassment on her or her team’s part in creating, broadcasting or promoting this—and that they did so not just once, but 2 times that day.
Without remorse.
Then a reluctant removal of the offense, but only when pressured. Not because of true regret, self-awareness or desired self-correction.
And as of this moment, still never sincerely apologizing or stopping to think about any real hurt this may have caused.

All this, coming from this “new, wiser person” she claims to have become, thanks to all the "important lessons she learned” from Savoygate just a few short months ago.
And unbelievably doing this 2 weeks prior to her “self-penned” book’s debut, where she plans to showcase this very “newfound wisdom” that she believes the world also needs, and hopes will hungrily fall at her feet for—preferably for her hand-signed copies, of course.

And doing this just days after she once again, with tears streaming down her face, begged to see more kindness in the world and for people to do better.

Welcome back !!! Brilliant post.
If I could like it 1000 times I would.
I think we need to get Pettty Moi's Tik Toks out as much as possible. Tattlers, pls view the TT so it can get onto the FYP ...
There is another TT out.
The 1st Petty Moi TT which includes the offensive word has jumped to over 30 000 views.

Whoever Petty Moi may be, two thumbs up to you !

Screenshot_20230928_051625_TikTok.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m not a dog owner, so can any tattlers with dogs kindly explain to me if why: if Berkeley keeps chewing off Porters collar why doesn’t she just take the collar off Porter when the dogs are inside? Do dogs need to wear a collar 24/7?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m not a dog owner, so can any tattlers with dogs kindly explain to me if why: if Berkeley keeps chewing off Porters collar why doesn’t she just take the collar off Porter when the dogs are inside? Do dogs need to wear a collar 24/7?
I bet she regrets taking down the fence to pretend she had more property now. How does she keep the dogs from wandering off

Reactions: 12
I bet she regrets taking down the fence to pretend she had more property now. How does she keep the dogs from wandering off
If I remember correctly, it was a split rail fence, and the dogs could have just walked under the rails. The fence had no 'containing' qualities and was purely decorative.

Reactions: 10
If I remember correctly, it was a split rail fence, and the dogs could have just walked under the rails. The fence had no 'containing' qualities and was purely decorative.
I’m still surprised the animals are trying to escape the bunga like little 4 legged runaways. You would think that since she was so heartbroken about lynx she would make sure the dogs were properly contained

• Heart

View attachment 2477311

View attachment 2477305

- “A complete m*ng!”
- “Better!”
- “Wooooh ooooh”
- “Uh-huh! Yaayyyy!”
- “Chutney making”
- “Chicken poo”
- “Wooooh oooooh”
- “Ha ha ha”
- “Hell-raiser”
- “From this to this”
- “Good oooooh…”

That there is ownership.
Without remorse.

With everyone’s kind permission I would like to award this post a distinguished service medal!

🥇

Beautifully written and crafted. Clear, easy to understand and most importantly - powerfully TRUE.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I’m still surprised the animals are trying to escape the bunga like little 4 legged runaways. You would think that since she was so heartbroken about lynx she would make sure the dogs were properly contained
She would rather convey to 'the masses' that she has copious amounts of land to portray she's rich, which is more important to her, than the safety of her animals.
---
I've really been wondering about Carrie in this whole incident - I truly believe the language they use between them is as Lydia has portrayed and keeping m**g it in the edit/highlights just shows (to me) that it's in everyday usage and I wonder what other terms they use; I didn't remember the 'no wheels' comment but it's complete millennial teenage mean-girl Regina George vibes where they'll say something horrible to make fun but if they are heard they will gaslight and turn it around to the recipient who heard it and change the meaning of it, or claim ignorance (I remember girls like this in school - vile bullying creatures who saw their comeuppance once they left school 'hee hee!')

I have also been wondering about Lydia's industry friendships that diminish and believe it's a couple of things:
1) She sees an opportunity and jumps on it for her own gain, and then when she's reached her goal she discards them
2) She sees them as a threat, so befriends them and then when she sees herself as better than them, again she discards them
3) She genuinely does become friends with them and is on a level playing field (where there are things that she cannot compete with aka amount of wealth or something) but then she invites Carrie along (she hangs out with them plenty of times herself, all seems fine, then Carrie gets an invite to the house parties/dinners etc), and Carrie becomes threatened and seeks to destroy the relationship or turn Lidl against them in some way so Lidl remains dependant upon Carrie, and Carrie still secures that BFF status.

I feel like her leaving that word in the edit either 1) doesn't realise because she says it herself and didn't think it would be an issue (complete ignorance) or 2) she's left it in knowing the repercussions and wants to be there to hold Lidl up (yet again) and be the best supporting friend, "it's not you it's them, chicken"...Another thing I've noticed is that Alex will defend in person and be all across social media/gossip forums picking apart people who criticise Lidl and not hide herself, and she has done this for perhaps a decade. But where is Carrie? Has she publicly posted defending her 'bestie' - I haven't seen anything myself, but then again is she worried about maintaining her own image?

I also met someone who actually knows Carrie in a work capacity and I had the courage to discuss it with her a couple of years back - I didn't want to seem like a stalker haha! but I saw they were mutual friends on linkedin but I didn't look too much into it (I didn't want to out myself so won't go into too much detail - I was worried about posting it on here in case the girl I know reads here or even tattles herself but now I don't give a tit) but I simply asked her what she was like as a person and she said nice, normal and friendly when they worked together, but since working with Lydia she has gone really up herself and also super indulges in this fake posh life. Also said she has dropped many of her friends just prior to working for Lydia, and this girl doesn't talk to Carrie anymore but says she probably wouldn't anymore anyway because she is a totally different person. She said Lydia is ok, just a 'rich witch' haha! I'm not sure where they worked together, she just said they worked together.
Anyway - that's my 2-pence! I'm off for a peppermint tea 'HEE HEE!'

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
If it’s any consolation lk bennett shoes are sometimes quite stiff and uncomfortable. The wedges are comfy but I’ve found the leather shoes to be uncomfortable.
Oh. I've only got one pair of LK bennett shoes - monroe court - and they are like slippers. Most comfortable shoes ever.

I will be boycotting LKB from now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.