Lydia Millen #189 Liar, liar, dresses like Mrs Doubtfire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That word is never used to describe a dog.
I'm not in the UK so perhaps this is a geographical thing (and I'm not defending her) but I have pretty much only heard the word "mongrel" used to describe a dog. I had no idea the shortened version m**g was a slur. Is that like using the word r****d in a derogatory way? (I'm asking for educational purposes, yes I did google it seems like y'all have personal experience with this.

Reactions: 5
I'm not in the UK so perhaps this is a geographical thing (and I'm not defending her) but I have pretty much only heard the word "mongrel" used to describe a dog. I had no idea the shortened version m**g was a slur. Is that like using the word r****d in a derogatory way? (I'm asking for educational purposes, yes I did google it seems like y'all have personal experience with this.
Lydia didn’t say “mongrel” though, that was just an excuse she came up with hours later! No one has ever seen m**g as a short form of mongrel anyway.
I would say that using m**g is equivalent to r****d yes. Perhaps 20 years ago children would have used both as playground insults but no educated adult would ever use these words now!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Wow. What an appalling word to be used by a so called lady. I’m a similar age and that word was used a lot by bullies at school - think that says a lot about her! I’m appalled she thinks so low of her audience they will believe it was short for mongrel.

Reactions: 26
Can someone save the clip of her saying that word incase she deletes it. Oh Lydia I predict another 'gate' is on the way.:mad:
What if Carrie left it in the video on purpose. She’s sabotaging Lydia from within the camp. She doesn’t know how to outright quit, so she’s making sure that our Lydia will get less and less work and will have to let her go.

on another I’m giving Carrie way too much credit and She’s just as bad as Lydia and doesn’t see anything wrong with that awful word

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Well well well Lid-deeeee-yaaaaaah.
You should've listened to us and turned that upside-down horse shoe (in the kitchen) the right side up.

Go on, girl, go to the kitchen now and do it.
And whilst you're there, replace that open arch with a door. #badfengshui

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I actually think this whole thing was quite intentional/strategic. It’s a word that’s bad enough to offend but also has a tiny amount of plausible deniability regarding her intentions when using the word (which we see in her pinned response).

If this blows up to savoy-gate levels right before her book launch, that’s money in the bank for Lydia.

Decent people (and excited culture warriors) will be calling for her to be cancelled, but there are enough people in the thousands (and sometimes millions) who will go out of their way to either support her, buy her book to see what all the fuss is about, or otherwise engage with her social accounts out of curiosity (<— which is algorithm friendly).

A while back Patricia Bright mentioned how every time she was “cancelled” it just ends up as a net positive win for her.

I have close friends who are professional influencers and some of them flirt with outrage culture because of the wider exposure and the algorithm boosting power it has.

I’m not personally a fan of cancel culture because I think we’re all flawed humans who are capable of being horrible, but I do hope we develop a humane way of deplatforming people who prove they don’t deserve the privilege and responsibility of massive exposure and reach.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Her response tells you exactly what kind of person she is (obv we already know) anyone with an ounce of decency would have said (obv anyone with any decency wouldnt have said it in the first place but you know what I mean) 'I meant the word for mongrel but I realise now how awful it is, I'm so sorry for offending everyone I will edit the video straight away'. But no not Lydia.

Reactions: 24
She’s got previous for using ablest slurs. I just did a search on tattle and found this:

(Sorry it’s not the best, but look at the hashtag.)

IMG_1018.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
What if Carrie left it in the video on purpose. She’s sabotaging Lydia from within the camp. She doesn’t know how to outright quit, so she’s making sure that our Lydia will get less and less work and will have to let her go.

on another I’m giving Carrie way too much credit and She’s just as bad as Lydia and doesn’t see anything wrong with that awful word
I think Cawwie cannot be bothered to edit therefore just skims through the video and doesn't check it properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The last few vlogs she’s tried overly hard to be funny and goofy to provide these clips that she puts on stories. I can’t help but think that this Belle PR have told her that she comes over as quite unfriendly and to try harder to be funny and relatable.

Had a quick look at Belle PR and the talent they represent. Interestingly and fair play to them they represent a lot of people with disabilities, namely Sophie Morgan who is a wheelchair user, Katie Piper who is living with burns, Tessy Ojo who I’ve never heard of but apparently works for social justice. I can’t imagine this will go down well with them.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
The last few vlogs she’s tried overly hard to be funny and goofy to provide these clips that she puts on stories. I can’t help but think that this Belle PR have told her that she comes over as quite unfriendly and to try harder to be funny and relatable.

Had a quick look at Belle PR and the talent they represent. Interestingly and fair play to them they represent a lot of people with disabilities, namely Sophie Morgan who is a wheelchair user, Katie Piper who is living with burns, Tessy Ojo who I’ve never heard of but apparently works for social justice. I can’t imagine this will go down well with them.
tbh Katie Piper is not really a nice person and is a hypocrite. I can’t give much details without doxing myself but I’m not surprised they represent another bully🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 18
The comments on her pinned post on YouTube have blown up overnight with many people defending her. I feel such rage reading comments from ignorant fools defending her and using the old jealousy excuse. It’s also clear many of the people defending her are not UK based because they don’t seem to realise she isn’t using the word mongrel at all. This comment stood out to me:

IMG_7141.jpeg

Lydia has many (stupid) UK fans too but many people from here can see that she’s cosplaying at this rich kindly lady tit because we know our culture. We know she used to show off her tit tassels in Ibiza, had a Watford accent and loved reality tv like the rest of us. I’m not shaming that because it’s real life! We know she’s not legit whereas over recent months I think she’s actually done quite a good job of conning people abroad. She’s had comments from new subs who think she’s this well bred old money type when a lot of us Brits (and clued up people elsewhere in the world) know it’s bollocks. We have every right to call her out when she uses a word that is highly offensive in OUR society. I don’t give AF if it means something different elsewhere.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
The m word - I don't even know what to say at this point. I really hope this ends up in the press.

Also, the wedding dress shopping - she said that her basque no longer fits her but I'm sure she tried it on during a recent video? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: 14
I can't be bothered to watch her wedding dress shopping, but do we ashoom (Aldi-ism) that they are going to renew their wedding vows?!

If so this absolutely isn't because they are head over heels in love, or have been married for so long it feels like a nice thing to do BUT it will ALL be down to social media, instagram and her "brand". Totally commercial decision which can give the lazy cow some content, for lack of any other ideas. It's all just SO bleeping tedious. We'll have endless tit about the venue, the food, drink, flowers, dress, hair, make up etc. SO boring.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.