Lydia Millen #174 Lidl's chickens have come home to roost, while Shabaz's views have had a boost!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing I hate about overdone (and in Lydia’s case, badly done) balayage is that it does the opposite of what it’s intended to do. Balayage was created as an anti-aging color technique that gave adult hair the appearance of children’s hair, which can have far more natural highlights particularly at the crown and temples. Problem for Lydia is she never had that hair growing up. Her hair has always been dark and likely monotone. So putting on grey ash blonde balayage makes her look extremely old instead. Her skin tone (both: the extremely pale and rosy natural tone and her orange sludge) don’t favor the ash bleach blonde she’s trying to carry. In fact, I think she’d look a heck of a lot better not fighting her natural red and leaning into a deep auburn. Nicky was the only hairdresser who made her blonde tolerable.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Thing I hate about overdone (and in Lydia’s case, badly done) balayage is that it does the opposite of what it’s intended to do. Balayage was created as an anti-aging color technique that gave adult hair the appearance of children’s hair, which can have far more natural highlights particularly at the crown and temples. Problem for Lydia is she never had that hair growing up. Her hair has always been dark and likely monotone. So putting on grey ash blonde balayage makes her look extremely old instead. Her skin tone (both: the extremely pale and rosy natural tone and her orange sludge) don’t favor the ash bleach blonde she’s trying to carry. In fact, I think she’d look a heck of a lot better not fighting her natural red and leaning into a deep auburn. Nicky was the only hairdresser who made her blonde tolerable.
Like you said the issue with Lydia is her hair is too dark and the wrong tone for blonde balayage but she wont allow a hair dresser to dye the top part of her hair to make the blonde blend better. This was part of her issue with Nicky who put colour on the top part of her hair and Lydia accused her of dying her roots black with a rend tint.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I completely agree and I think whether she is without makeup or not, she doesn’t suit cool tones so an ash blonde wouldn’t suit her at all. It would wash her out whereas I need ash blonde with no warm tones because I’m cool toned. The balance has to be right, though. I favour a dark root because it brings dimension and volume to the hair - otherwise the fear is that they will over highlight and you end up like Cawwie, god forbid.

I think the ash blonde tones are making her look grey on a good day and green on a bad one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Camilla is (unfortunately imo) going to be just called Queen. The consort label is being dropped at coronation . 😢 @MadameS
I know, unfortunately, but she’s not equal to Charles, she’s still not entitled to rule so she won’t have the same powers as him. Dropping it doesn’t give her anything extra, as far as I know.

Reactions: 10
What is a root melt? I only get single process color so I'm not familiar,

And Lydia really should have stuck with the free Invisalign through lockdown to correct not only her crooked teeth but that major underbite.
A root melt is a colouring technique that blends the colour of your roots into the colour of your highlights/balayage. A darker-coloured toner that matches your natural colour is applied to the hair from the root and blended downwards, so that there's no clear demarcation line.

Reactions: 19
Ladies and Gents, I would like to ask you to send positive healing vibes and prayers to my granddaughter who was just diagnosed with Radio-Tartaglia syndrome. She is the 35th person in the world to be diagnosed. She is such a beautiful, sweet happy baby and you would never know she had anything. She’s a year old and is developmentally delayed in walking. Not yet crawling, but she’s an awesome roller!
Thank you all and I hope you have a good night! ❤
I'm so sorry, @Margo Polo. That is terrifying and heartbreaking. I hope you and your family have access to good support so that you can weather this as best you can. She's rolling, that has to be good, right? I can't even imagine your anguish and fear. Please know we're rooting for her and sending all the healing thoughts, vibes, prayers and wishes that she can overcome this or manage it to have a good life. We're here for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I know, unfortunately, but she’s not equal to Charles, she’s still not entitled to rule so she won’t have the same powers as him. Dropping it doesn’t give her anything extra, as far as I know.
Replacing such a dearly loved queen for camilla isn’t acceptable to some people . The public some of them only just about accepted the title queen consort . It was the queens wishes she was titled queen consort and it grates with some that Charles has gone against his mothers wishes. I’m sure camilla is a fab lady and she does a lot for charity (women’s) but I don’t like her getting the queen title .

Anyway back to subject! Lydia has addressed her Zara haul situation in tonight’s vlog! . She has seemingly missed the point ….

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Has anyone watched Cassie Thorpe’s latest video about the old money aesthetic? Towards the end of her video she basically says wear whatever your personal style is, but referring to the old money aesthetic, she adds the caveat “I think that a conscious curation of your wardrobe to look like that, purely out of what it signals, is a bit of a problem.”

Hmm, yes, it is, isn’t it Crispina?

I know Cassie follows Lydia, which does disappoint me, although I’ve never seen her interact with her/like/comment on her posts.
I can so resonate with this feeling. Often I find people on Instagram whos style I love and who seem like really nice people. But then I see they follow Lidl and I’m like WHYYYY. So many people need a good Lidl education. In my opinion.

Reactions: 22
She not taking proper time off it’s click bait she’s just having this weekend off! 😂

When /if she gets chickens it will be cluckbait 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45
She bought Ali some presents, crisps and penny sweets - no expense spared! Her face looks horrific, you can see all the lumps close up!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
She bought Ali some presents, crisps and penny sweets - no expense spared! Her face looks horrific, you can see all the lumps close up!
She was probably aware that five days away with his family gave Ali plenty of time for some frank conversations about his current situation. I think she was trying to mitigate that by attempting to be all “thoughtful” on his return. It seemed super fake and pathetic.

Reactions: 31
This is a bit of a sore subject for me. How can she be ‘queen’? Constitutionally it simply isn’t allowed. Has he had our constitution changed?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.