Lydia Millen #161 It's the most wonderful time of the year but Christmas with the MGs has no cheer!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does her tan have a green tinge to it?? 🤢 It doesn't look great...

I actually wished she would go back to her natural colouring, the paler skintone and pink undertones suited her much more (and wouldn't it be more in keeping with her country english rose persona 😂)

At least she's got rid of her snot-coloured nails now...one improvement 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Why does her tan have a green tinge to it?? 🤢 It doesn't look great...

I actually wished she would go back to her natural colouring, the paler skintone and pink undertones suited her much more (and wouldn't it be more in keeping with her country english rose persona 😂)

At least she's got rid of her snot-coloured nails now...one improvement 😂
I have used the tan she uses and though the tan is nice the next day, the guide color def has a muddy green undertone to it. It is NOT nice looking so I usually apply at night and WASH IT OFF in the morning. Since she applies in the am and wears it all day I think that’s why she has the corpse like undertones. 🧟‍♀️

And though it’s not as stinky as some self tanner it def doesn’t smell nice to be wearing all day. She must reek

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
The same tit who films at the ballet maybe?
Apparently, a lot of people are clueless when it comes to not turning their phones off during a performance... This was Saturday evening at the opera...

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
Sooo good news all! Lydia Elzie Millen-Gordon has managed to ✨influence✨ me! After selling all her Dior bags and proclaiming the brand to not be her style anymore - my husband has very kindly and generously bought me a lady Dior for Xmas! I will treasure it forever as I personally think it’s a classic bag and I will take care of it and not use it to store my make up brushes and used chewing gum in. Also the brand clearly isn’t suffering from her lack of endorsement - the exhibition at harrods has sold out and their collaboration on the windows has apparently broken a number of records - shocking given how influential she is!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Just watched Josie‘s video celebrating Daylesford hamper and entertaining friends! Table groaning with proper cooked food. Bedrooms set out perfectly for guests - in short an absolute triumph! So much better than some hommous and other dips and rice. All the money spent on gardens and frocks, bags and earrings and we’ve never seen one decent meal emerge from the bungalow. It’s pitiful. Josie should give Herself some lessons. It was a pleasure to watch even with Splainer Leaching rambling on…
And you know, it's not that she doesn't have all the "equipment" to be the best host: she has beautiful crockery( bar the cottage-cheesy- looking dishes...), all the appliances she could wish for (thermomix, cutting-edge everything...) lovely linens, even more than one guestroom. Remember what a tizzy she was in to find the puhfect bedsheets, duvets and comforters that co ordinated puhrfectly with the wall colours , "choppable" pillows, extra-fluffy blankets, etc for the guestrooms of dreamz? Thing is, she doesn't want actual guests. She likes the idea of having guests over, but doesn't relish having real people interrupting her days of doing nothing. God forbid the guestrooms would be messed up, the sheets dirtied and she would have to provide breakfast and some meals...Pfff. It's all about showing off. Ugh.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Perhaps Sloane Ranger is next to go with the hair bands! Get the woman some pearls!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I have used the tan she uses and though the tan is nice the next day, the guide color def has a muddy green undertone to it. It is NOT nice looking so I usually apply at night and WASH IT OFF in the morning. Since she applies in the am and wears it all day I think that’s why she has the corpse like undertones. 🧟‍♀️

And though it’s not as stinky as some self tanner it def doesn’t smell nice to be wearing all day. She must reek
Don’t know if you’ve tried it but the St Moriz 1 hour self tan is a fraction of the price and I think it’s actually way better than St Tropez. It’s worth leaving it on the full three hours if time permits.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Don’t know if you’ve tried it but the St Moriz 1 hour self tan is a fraction of the price and I think it’s actually way better than St Tropez. It’s worth leaving it on the full three hours if time permits.
awesome thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes, I'm not a tax expert but we have IR35 rules regarding on and off payroll, however I believe (😂) that small businesses are exempt, and I think in this case Lydia's Ltd company would count as "small"? So tax liabilities fall on the contractor ie. Carrie

Also not sure which way works out better tax-wise for Carrie, as she herself is set up as a Ltd company, so might reduce her tax payments this way (paying corporation tax instead of income tax) but no benefits of employment such as sick pay etc etc

Any UK tax experts pls correct 😅😅
Carrie is self employed so she only gets paid when she works and can take holidays if she pleases or not.
Her sister may be on the books and will therefore be the only employee. It’s 28 days a year plus Bank Holidays for holiday pay to be taken before 31 December. If she has managed to get them both to be declared as self employed she doesn’t have to pay them anything for holidays as neither would have a holiday entitlement. As self employed you take hols whenever you choose unpaid by your Client. I would guess they are both self employed ( so L doesn’t have to pay sick pay or holiday pay and they have to see to their own tax -ie she does nothing) so this largesse of holiday at Christmas costs her nothing. She’d simply say I’m closing down for three weeks and don’t need you. However, BOTH women have to have more than one client to be regarded as self employed. If this isn’t the case The Revenue could make L pay back NI and tax contributions. Both girls would have to show two income sources in their accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Carrie is self employed so she only gets paid when she works and can take holidays if she pleases or not.
Her sister may be on the books and will therefore be the only employee. It’s 28 days a year plus Bank Holidays for holiday pay to be taken before 31 December. If she has managed to get them both to be declared as self employed she doesn’t have to pay them anything for holidays as neither would have a holiday entitlement. As self employed you take hols whenever you choose unpaid by your Client. I would guess they are both self employed ( so L doesn’t have to pay sick pay or holiday pay and they have to see to their own tax -ie she does nothing) so this largesse of holiday at Christmas costs her nothing. She’d simply say I’m closing down for three weeks and don’t need you. However, BOTH women have to have more than one client to be regarded as self employed. If this isn’t the case The Revenue could make L pay back NI and tax contributions. Both girls would have to show two income sources in their accounts.
I wonder if Cawwie isn't paid by the hour or paid days off... but a % of the deals as manager? Then she wouldn't be getting any paid days on or off or benefits as an independent contractor so it's mostly just Lydia telling her she doesn't have to reply to emails, upload or delete comments/edit in terms of time off.

Reactions: 13
Isn’t it funny that Carrie doesn’t have a website where she could advertise for other clients? Anyone would think she only works for Lidl! 😏😏😏😏

Interesting that they also share the same accountant….

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Ahh thanks for the explanation, I've only ever used gradual tans a few times but the biscuit smell kinda put me off in the end as I'm quite sensitive to certain smells 😅

This explains the corpse like undertones even when she's not filming in the green dressing room 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wonder if Cawwie isn't paid by the hour or paid days off... but a % of the deals as manager? Then she wouldn't be getting any paid days on or off or benefits as an independent contractor so it's mostly just Lydia telling her she doesn't have to reply to emails, upload or delete comments/edit in terms of time off.
It’s likely she claims a commission for deals brought in on top of their agreed financial arrangement if any. This would suit L very well because if nothing comes in she has no costs…The whole financial set up here has always been subject to debate. L is leaving herself wide open if she isn’t sticking to the letter of the law (with her so called staff. Consultants aren’t really considered as staff and self employed people are generally consultants). So I doubt her accountants would let anything untoward be going on.

Reactions: 10
Ahh thanks for the explanation, I've only ever used gradual tans a few times but the biscuit smell kinda put me off in the end as I'm quite sensitive to certain smells 😅

This explains the corpse like undertones even when she's not filming in the green dressing room 😂
Charlotte Collins of the Sheer Luxe team explained the tones quite well I think as I often wondered about the green tone. She said the green toned fake tan mousse is for olive undertones and the more orangey tones are to warm up fairer skin.

Reactions: 13
Charlotte Collins of the Sheer Luxe team explained the tones quite well I think as I often wondered about the green tone. She said the green toned fake tan mousse is for olive undertones and the more orangey tones are to warm up fairer skin.
Lydiot is using the totally wrong fake tan then 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Isn’t it funny that Carrie doesn’t have a website where she could advertise for other clients? Anyone would think she only works for Lidl! 😏😏😏😏

Interesting that they also share the same accountant….
I’d lay money on it that Lydia is Carrie’s only client. I’d also lay money that Lydia doesn’t declare all the pr gifts and trips as a taxable income even though legally she should pay tax on every trip and pr package.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.