Lydia Millen #141 Ascot hat woes, unrestrained toes, Lavazza sales rep promos = new career lows

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah thank you! ❤ I will give the Watford Lydia translation a go in the next few days. Flagging a bit with mental energy at the moment due to some pregnancy anxiety so I can struggle to keep up with the thread sometimes. I am still lurking and catching up where I can though
Please don’t worry @Wophie, I’m sure everything will work out fine. Just relax and give yourself a break. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Lydia you can use a comma or two, they're free!

For someone who claims to reading that much..she's quite illiterate.
It’s not as if she claims to read anything truly worth reading. It’s normally some basic drivel or not very good writing… Not that I believe she actually reads tbh.

Reactions: 23
So if Ali has these bees then why is there no honey? Surely she should be shovelling it in jars with her Potager House or whatever bullshit name it is label on it?

Her delusion knows no bounds, commenting on VB's post - do they think they are the Buckinghamshire Beckhams? They are the Northampton Nothings as far as I can see!
Lydia was and still is trashing VB products. Was she not giving bad reviews on a beauty product, ( sorry, I can’t remember if it was lipstick or cream ). All because she was not sponsored and I think Vic was.
You all know the drill, when she does not get something for free or a sponsor, she trashes the product.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Yes agree. Her post for them have been of herself, the chateau and tomatoes and hat/birkin. That’s true of most of her posts…. Not really product driven but narc driven. But I would imagine she has to get approval for her posts right?
Yes she would need approval on every post. I’m sure there is a checklist she will need to fulfill, but then she fills the rest of “this is me, my dream life, that I didn’t pay for, but you can totally manifest yourself”

• Sick
Reactions: 20
What was with her saying her Grandmother has had everything her entire life? Is she trying to act like she is some sort of aristocrat? I thought she was a Chav? Will someone please clarify? I always thought Lydia was from a fairly middle class background. She is so pretentious that I can never decipher what is the actual truth.

Reactions: 24
Her Tik Tok twirling in front of the chateau makes no sense.

Firstly, she looks like a nutter that's unsteady on her feet. Probably drunk as a skunk.

Second, she wouldn't need to turn the camera on and off herself, if Ali was truly holding the camera. He's clearly not and has gone off to do his own thing.

She's a mid 30 something year old grown ass woman twirling and giggling like a 4 year old.

She doesn't look cute....she looks off her rocker.

What a moronic twit.

I never thought she could reach such levels of pretentiousness and idiocy.

She thinks she looks relatable but she looks fake and just daft.

More than anything, to be visiting such beautiful, historic chateaus, she instead chooses to film herself holding her stupid fake Hermes and twirling in dresses?!??

Anyone with intelligence would be going through the chateaus, explaining the history, showing the grounds, the gorgeous architecture but nope, not this muppet!

For someone, now down to just flogging hair gummies and cheap Amazon frocks, you'd think she'd have taken full advantage of visits to these lovely chateaus, but nope.

She's an idiot.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
I can’t crop her damned video! Anyways at the 1h mark of her latest vlog she says, and I quote in verbatim as much as possible:

I think I get a lot of the qualities of my personality, like the ability to be soft kind and thoughtful whilst also being a very strong — I think — quite powerful woman. I think being able to get that sort of balance is really important because I’m not someone — I’ve always been very independent, and I definitely get that from her, and-but just because you want to be independent — in fact a lot of the life lessons I’ve learnt across the years, I’m very grateful for the way she taught me those things. I see a lot of people nowadays that believe they have to be quite ruthless or cut-throat in an industry or a business or in whatever job they do; I always hear about things like that where people are tryna y’know, whatever, screw people over, and that’s never been anything I’ve ever felt, and I’ve always felt that you can be kind, considerate, calm, but also be someone that maybe isn’t quite so susceptible to be messed with, and still be a powerful and assertive person.
HER words, and of course 75% of communication is body language so read her expressions as she says this. It’s just… she’s unsure of herself, she knows she’s not these things, she’s obviously trying to say people are ruthless to her…

WELL, LYDIA. How about the people who did your stair runners that you fucked over? How about when you got in a strop with the pregnant hairdresser on top of insisting she see you for a frivolous matter such as hair colour when you knew she was nearly full term? How about the customers you screwed over with your Globy launch? My point is NOT to say nobody makes mistakes, my point is that you never own up to any of yours and never apologise to other people who are also trying to make a living or get a good deal, and who have been utterly shat on by you. Be calm and not ruthless? Why do you speak so rudely to your husband, why do you only look out for personal gain? No doubt you have been enriched by new furnishings and services performed and goods given to you and around your house. Sure it’s a contractual arrangement but why do you not fulfill your end of your bargain with grace, integrity, and diligence?

I certainly am imperfect and hence why I am on this damn forum but honestly just GET OFF IT. Stop trying to be something you are not. Your life is so plastic like everything you do. When you turn off your fake smile as quickly as you turn it on (only for when you’re right in front of your camera) it makes me actually feel quite nauseous. Your inauthenticity is there for all willing to open their eyes to observe. Just stop the pretence. You don’t have to tell us your “values” and make a song and dance about all of it, you ain’t selling those for pennies — nobody is interested as it just ain’t there. Just sell what you need to properly and be done with it. It’s called being professional. Just COME OFF IT.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I can’t crop her damned video! Anyways at the 1h mark of her latest vlog she says, and I quote in verbatim as much as possible:

HER words, and of course 75% of communication is body language so read her expressions as she says this. It’s just… she’s unsure of herself, she knows she’s not these things, she’s obviously trying to say people are ruthless to her…

WELL, LYDIA. How about the people who did your stair runners that you fucked over? How about when you got in a strop with the pregnant hairdresser on top of insisting she see you for a frivolous matter such as hair colour when you knew she was nearly full term? How about the customers you screwed over with your Globy launch? My point is NOT to say nobody makes mistakes, my point is that you never own up to any of yours and never apologise to other people who are also trying to make a living or get a good deal, and who have been utterly shat on by you. Be calm and not ruthless? Why do you speak so rudely to your husband, why do you only look out for personal gain? No doubt you have been enriched by new furnishings and services performed and goods given to you and around your house. Sure it’s a contractual arrangement but why do you not fulfill your end of your bargain with grace, integrity, and diligence?

I certainly am imperfect and hence why I am on this damn forum but honestly just GET OFF IT. Stop trying to be something you are not. Your life is so plastic like everything you do. When you turn off your fake smile as quickly as you turn it on (only for when you’re right in front of your camera) it makes me actually feel quite nauseous. Your inauthenticity is there for all willing to open their eyes to observe. Just stop the pretence. You don’t have to tell us your “values” and make a song and dance about all of it, you ain’t selling those for pennies — nobody is interested as it just ain’t there. Just sell what you need to properly and be done with it. It’s called being professional. Just COME OFF IT.
Exactly this. I like to quote Margaret Thatcher in these instances:

"Being powerful is like being a lady... if you have to tell people you are, you aren't."

Meaning, if Lydia were all the things she claims to be, she wouldn't need to be telling people. People would just know by her actions and through her reputation. She is trying WAY TOO HARD.

Give up the charade and just be yourself, Lydia. Your insecurities scream loudly; you've lost your way and forgotten why people followed you in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I’ve never thought about this but you’re totally correct - if you have a garden, you generally dry washing on the line in the UK! And no, I’ve never seen outdoor drying at Lydiot’s gaff. (Though I had only watched a handful of flogs until recently.)

It probably ruins her assthetic. 🙄 God forbid something be effective or functional in the bunga.
Shortly after she moved into the bungalow she begged for and a company gave her a new washer and “tumble dryer” (in the US we just call it a dryer). Drying your clothes on lines is for pheasants according to Lidl.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Please don’t worry @Wophie, I’m sure everything will work out fine. Just relax and give yourself a break. ❤
I do my best! Was going ok until a few weeks ago I was told baby is transverse... mind was eased for all of ten minutes at my appointment last week when I was then sent to hospital for a scan and told I have a 10th centile baby and need extra scans now 😕 So a lot going through my mind and no answers really as to whether he's just small or there is something else going on until the next scan at the end of July.

I'm still watching Lydia's stories and having a peep here at what you guys say, but her pretentiousness is through the roof at the moment and it's just too much to even think about some days 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Oh wow where are you based that you only got the Lauder discount twice a year? In the UK there is a website where you could buy whatever you wanted whenever you wanted.
I'm in New Zealand - and our region is/was notorious for being particularly stingy regarding gifting and other perks. That goes for all ELC brands here. To be honest, I was only working in the industry as I felt it was my last foray at doing a 'fun' job before becoming a solicitor. (Arguably a lot less 'fun' - but in my case I'll probably love all of that paper shifting, red tape, bureaucracy, t-crossing and i-dotting more than any other job. lol).

To be honest, it used to make me extremely angry to see how cosmetic brands treat influencers compared with how they treated their staff. (Especially when Lydia etc used to be gifted luxury candles and so forth). But then I got smacked over the head with reality, and the conclusion that yes, influencers 'are' important because their reach is so much greater than mine. I realised that it didn't matter what type of service or experience that I gave a customer, it will never compare with someone who will talk about your brand online if that gets seen by 100-200k subscribers. It didn't matter how amazing an employee I was, or how good an experience the customer received, the influencer always wins. (Pretty depressing really).

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I do my best! Was going ok until a few weeks ago I was told baby is transverse... mind was eased for all of ten minutes at my appointment last week when I was then sent to hospital for a scan and told I have a 10th centile baby and need extra scans now 😕 So a lot going through my mind and no answers really as to whether he's just small or there is something else going on until the next scan at the end of July.

I'm still watching Lydia's stories and having a peep here at what you guys say, but her pretentiousness is through the roof at the moment and it's just too much to even think about some days 😅
Good luck and sending love and light your way.

Yes, pretentious and crazy as a box of frogs Elsie can be hard to stomach some days but somehow here we manage to laugh at all the madness. Who d have thought washing lettuce could turn in to a discussion and fun, lol.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I think I get a lot of the qualities of my personality, like the ability to be soft kind and thoughtful whilst also being a very strong — I think — quite powerful woman. I think being able to get that sort of balance is really important because I’m not someone — I’ve always been very independent, and I definitely get that from her, and-but just because you want to be independent — in fact a lot of the life lessons I’ve learnt across the years, I’m very grateful for the way she taught me those things. I see a lot of people nowadays that believe they have to be quite ruthless or cut-throat in an industry or a business or in whatever job they do; I always hear about things like that where people are tryna y’know, whatever, screw people over, and that’s never been anything I’ve ever felt, and I’ve always felt that you can be kind, considerate, calm, but also be someone that maybe isn’t quite so susceptible to be messed with, and still be a powerful and assertive person.
I thought I was reading a Donald Trump transcript there. Why can't she finish a bloody sentence?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Shortly after she moved into the bungalow she begged for and a company gave her a new washer and “tumble dryer” (in the US we just call it a dryer). Drying your clothes on lines is for pheasants according to Lidl.
Ah, I didn’t see that.

Generally, if we have space for a tumble dryer, we often have one as our weather is so unreliable. But you’d still try to get the washing out if the weather was decent.

ETA: said by the domestic goddess who dries almost everything on an airer despite having a garden and a dryer. 🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.