Lydia Millen #123 It's all oak and bespoke for a career that's about to go up in smoke!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree and artwork is too small and hung too high! All those aprons and then the tea towel hung over the basket looks so sloppy.
They are so teeny tiny they have to stand that far back to see it...and they are on tippy toes!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Forget about the marks on the bag, what the heck is going on with her eyes ???????????
:oops:

So happy for Cassie ... she was invited to the Brit awards. She was so excited when she found out, how lovely to see an influencer excited about work and opportunities presented to her. And not compromising ethics and morals for such oppurtunities.

More comments ...
I think cassie’s family would call her out if she tried to pretend to be something she’s not.

Reactions: 11
I cannot believe Elsie thinks it’s fine for Berkeley to roam about in a field off leash on their walks! 😡

69A400A8-87FE-4A09-A046-E2BDE96A377E.jpeg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Just watched her Birkin unboxing again.

Although it was a terrible unboxing and she didn't bother to show anything of the bag which was weird as her first Hermes, but she is a moron so we will forgive her for not showing a close up, not showing the padlock and key, the interior of the bag, the base of the bag, the hardware, the straps etc etc. But given that she says it is from Sellier I think it is genuine, although these resellers get offered fakes all the time, I doubt one like that would slip through, and given the way the handles are hanging it seems genuine from a distance, but we never see any of her bags close up. I can't remember if she did an unboxing on the grid as well as youtube??

I think this unboxing, and the fact that she explains where it is from, the exact colour of the bag, and how she got it proves beyond doubt the 2 Kellys were fake. Lydia is impatient and once she decided she wanted the Kellys she had to get them, but as the re-sale prices are so astronomical and of course she didn't want to spend £10,000 MINIMUM as she'd obviously spent a lot on the Birkin, she had no choice but to buy the fakes. She is judging herself on the likes of Claire, Tamara, Patricia and Victoria and other hard working influencers who have taken the time to build up a relationship with the brand, by buying bracelets and wallets and sandals and trainers and homewares as well. Lydia has no relationship with the brand whatsoever and has bought a couple of pairs of boots - only the tan ones we think were a store purchase, we think the black were through Sellier, so how does she even have a relationship with a SA to create a wishlist, and for miraculously the black Kelly to arrive within a short time of creating the wishlist and buying duck all!:unsure::unsure::unsure:

The debate will go on I'm sure, but given her work situation, if she gets anything else from Hermes and doesn't vlog the whole process, I will be convinced it is a fake!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46

Although it was a terrible unboxing and she didn't bother to show anything of the bag which was weird as her first Hermes, but she is a moron so we will forgive her for not showing a close up, not showing the padlock and key, the interior of the bag, the base of the bag, the hardware, the straps etc etc. But given that she says it is from Sellier I think it is genuine, although these resellers get offered fakes all the time, I doubt one like that would slip through, and given the way the handles are hanging it seems genuine from a distance, but we never see any of her bags close up. I can't remember if she did an unboxing on the grid as well as youtube??

I think this unboxing, and the fact that she explains where it is from, the exact colour of the bag, and how she got it proves beyond doubt the 2 Kellys were fake. Lydia is impatient and once she decided she wanted the Kellys she had to get them, but as the re-sale prices are so astronomical and of course she didn't want to spend £10,000 MINIMUM as she'd obviously spent a lot on the Birkin, she had no choice but to buy the fakes. She is judging herself on the likes of Claire, Tamara, Patricia and Victoria and other hard working influencers who have taken the time to build up a relationship with the brand, by buying bracelets and wallets and sandals and trainers and homewares as well. Lydia has no relationship with the brand whatsoever and has bought a couple of pairs of boots - only the tan ones we think were a store purchase, we think the black were through Sellier, so how does she even have a relationship with a SA to create a wishlist, and for miraculously the black Kelly to arrive within a short time of creating the wishlist and buying duck all!:unsure::unsure::unsure:

The debate will go on I'm sure, but given her work situation, if she gets anything else from Hermes and doesn't vlog the whole process, I will be convinced it is a fake!
100% agree, even I have a better purchase history at Hermès but haven’t been « offered » a bag, but then I am not lidl influencer !

Reactions: 27
I never heard of Je Suis Lou but her story sounds a bit suspect. Hermès will only let you put a Birkin or a Kelly on your wish list, not both. She also made it sound like the SA was going to source her these rare bags with a wink wink kind of attitude, seems incredibly unlikely to me. Is she that well know? And why would Hermès give a crap?

You can have both birkins and Kellys on your wish list. I have both on mine in a variety of leathers colors etc.

Here are mine, both bought direct from the store. Can confirm they flop!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 47
20220205_182250.jpg

Sorry I have no clue how to share a video link here 🙈, so here's a screenshot.
If you have time to watch the video, the lady on the right is an Hermes authenticator and it's an interesting video.

Reactions: 17

Might be a wild assumption but could it be possible she had help getting a bag like Amelia did? Amelia only got 2 mini Kellys without a buying history because of her mum.
That being said I don't believe her Kellys came from the store, I also can't see Ali being ok with Lydia blowing £50k on 3 handbags on top of all the other tit she purchases. Perhaps he was ok with the Birkin as he would say she deserved it after a bad year but the 2 Kellys, no. If she is liquid enough to buy 3 handbags totalling 50k, a greenhouse for 30k, the defender and however much all that renovating and garden furniture cost with her 'spare money' she would 100% have bought at least 1 other property by now and could most likely have removed her dad as a guarantor on her mortgage.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Watching an old vlog dated December 2018 and it was supper time ...

The meal ...
Lyds' bowl of cheese
Screenshot_20220205-203446_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220205-203454_YouTube.jpg

Ali's bowl
Screenshot_20220205-203540_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220205-203547_YouTube.jpg

Cold cheese straight out of the packet and that damn grater ... some things never change.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38

Broadcasting her relationship with Sellier won't do Lydia any favours either. Hermes are against the re-sale market of their bags (especially new ones) hence why there is an annual bag quota per customer.

Reactions: 23
Broadcasting her relationship with Sellier won't do Lydia any favours either. Hermes are against the re-sale market of their bags (especially new ones) hence why there is an annual bag quota per customer.
Why do they go on letting puffy chouquette buy them when she gets them from luxury promise! It should be limited to 2 bags in a lifetime 🧐

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Apologies for the very long, somewhat OT post. TLDR: this is why I think Lydia's Kelly bags are fake.

A relationship with Hermés is a time consuming process, as everyone knows by now. It's annoying, elitist and frankly gross how they can get you to feel like you're not good enough at first, and then maybe there will be a switch, you're in favour (if indeed one is that lucky), so you then feel compelled to spend thousands upon thousands just to have the caché of Hermés hanging off your arm.

The only thing that will fast track you to get a favoured bag (Birkin or Kelly), at least here in the US, is a fuckup on the part of the boutique. That is what happened to me. I'd only purchased a few scarves (maybe about 5 & 1 cashmere shawl), and some Sterling jewelry. Not much, really. Certainly not thousands of dollars worth of goods. Then I changed gears and started looking at their time pieces. I was sick of my Rolex not keeping time. I'm a basic witch, give me a Quartz movement!

Hermés sold me a dodgy watch. Battery was dead, no big deal, although I should have checked it was keeping time when I purchased it, right? LOL I returned it to the boutique the following day. I was flying out that evening, so they couriered the watch with the replaced battery to my home, which was a long way away with the dreadful traffic in LA. I thought that was a nice touch of service. Frankly, it's not like I NEEDED to have the watch for my trip, but they were falling over themselves at that point to make it right.

Off we went that evening, we were spending Christmas in Italy. Two days later, the Hermés watch wasn't working. Completely dead. My husband emailed the SA at Hermés, not unkindly, but not that friendly either. Husband was major peeved at the quality of the timepiece, and likely had had one too many vinos, bored, waiting for me to get dressed, when he sent off the curt email. The SA apologized profusely and told us to return the watch at our convenience for a full refund.

Anyhoo, long story short, 3 or so weeks later, I was invited to drop into the boutique. The same SA offered me a black 35cm Birkin, togo leather with Palladium hardware. I bought it on the spot. After that, I was offered an SO (special order), and various other Kellys and Birkins. Including exotic skins, which I never went for as they're so delicate it does my head in. I continued to be an avid Hermés fan for a few years, scoring bags from my boutique, from Hermés boutiques in Europe, and from local resellers. Once, I even found a black Kelly 28 from 1973 in an antique shop. It was inside a huge chest of drawers! I paid a ridiculously cheap price for it and brought it into the boutique to have them do their magic "spa treatment", thereby verifying its authenticity. The resident craftsperson was mesmerized by that Kelly. Box leather patina is truly a special thing when given the time to age beautifully. They cleaned it up, most of the scratches were buffed out, and returned it to me looking perfect. More importantly, without the horrible moth ball smell it had when I "found it" in that chest of drawers. That spa treatment was a mere $150, a total bargain when you think about it.

I've since passed on from Hermés, as I've previously posted about, specifically because I prefer lightweight, slouchy bags, and I just can't be arsed to care about having 10K "sacks" to carry my tit around in. I cashed out all of my Hermés bags, didn't lose money on any of them, and have never regretted it. I'd much rather have that money in the market working away, multiplying itself into a carefree retirement.

Do I think Lydia's Kelly bags are real? Nope. The Kellys don't look right to me. Plus, her behavior regarding them is so freakin' contrary to everything we know about her character. The Birkin is possibly authentic, but the Kellys don't have the right "presence". And no way would Lydia leave the monetized coin on the table that would come from elaborate Hermés unboxing videos. Plus, if Hermés had screwed up in some way with her and then felt they needed to make it up to her and offer her elusive bags, she'd be shouting that from the rafters as well. Lydia never fails to brag about how special Lydia is. Her chilling silence on the provenance of not one, but 2 sought after Kelly bags, tells me everything I need to know. Black Hermés bags are the most desirable, followed by what they call "Gold" leather, which is the tan tone you see often. The pastel coloured bags are far easier to get once you're in the game with a boutique, and far less desirable to most.

She may have gone the reseller route, but again, resellers wouldn't be giving her bargains, and I doubt her accountant would let her claim 2 Kelly bags as a business expense just so she can keep up appearances. If her "rich Daddy dearest" had gifted them to her, again, she'd be bragging about that. So I think they're faux, just like her boobs.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 72
I don’t think Elsie is talking about the table in this Story, I’m pretty sure it’s actually an undisclosed ad for Bryan Hanlon Prints.

The link of the font is so tiny and the colour is almost identical to the table … off to report to the ASA! 😡

View attachment 1041597View attachment 1041598
She sucks so much at her job. Who would think, when they see this pic, that they should go and buy a print. There is too much going on, there is no focus on the print. Does she now try the James Bond movie way or what?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Not sure if we are still doing Show Us Yer Plate but I have just spent the best part of the day (between other bits and bobs) making my husband a birthday cake with my toddler sous chef. I'm no baker but I do like to at least give it my best shot for loved ones birthdays. It's a Neapolitan cake - each layer with its buttercream is flavoured differently - dark chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.

And on that note, as my arse as literally just hit the sofa with my cup of coffee, my toddler has emerged from her room upstairs shouting "DINNER, YUMMY!". Who's telling her it's only 3pm?

View attachment 1039588
That looks fantastic! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Apologies for the very long, somewhat OT post. TLDR: this is why I think Lydia's Kelly bags are fake.

A relationship with Hermés is a time consuming process, as everyone knows by now. It's annoying, elitist and frankly gross how they can get you to feel like you're not good enough at first, and then maybe there will be a switch, you're in favour (if indeed one is that lucky), so you then feel compelled to spend thousands upon thousands just to have the caché of Hermés hanging off your arm.

The only thing that will fast track you to get a favoured bag (Birkin or Kelly), at least here in the US, is a fuckup on the part of the boutique. That is what happened to me. I'd only purchased a few scarves (maybe about 5 & 1 cashmere shawl), and some Sterling jewelry. Not much, really. Certainly not thousands of dollars worth of goods. Then I changed gears and started looking at their time pieces. I was sick of my Rolex not keeping time. I'm a basic witch, give me a Quartz movement!

Hermés sold me a dodgy watch. Battery was dead, no big deal, although I should have checked it was keeping time when I purchased it, right? LOL I returned it to the boutique the following day. I was flying out that evening, so they couriered the watch with the replaced battery to my home, which was a long way away with the dreadful traffic in LA. I thought that was a nice touch of service. Frankly, it's not like I NEEDED to have the watch for my trip, but they were falling over themselves at that point to make it right.

Off we went that evening, we were spending Christmas in Italy. Two days later, the Hermés watch wasn't working. Completely dead. My husband emailed the SA at Hermés, not unkindly, but not that friendly either. Husband was major peeved at the quality of the timepiece, and likely had had one too many vinos, bored, waiting for me to get dressed, when he sent off the curt email. The SA apologized profusely and told us to return the watch at our convenience for a full refund.

Anyhoo, long story short, 3 or so weeks later, I was invited to drop into the boutique. The same SA offered me a black 35cm Birkin, togo leather with Palladium hardware. I bought it on the spot. After that, I was offered an SO (special order), and various other Kellys and Birkins. Including exotic skins, which I never went for as they're so delicate it does my head in. I continued to be an avid Hermés fan for a few years, scoring bags from my boutique, from Hermés boutiques in Europe, and from local resellers. Once, I even found a black Kelly 28 from 1973 in an antique shop. It was inside a huge chest of drawers! I paid a ridiculously cheap price for it and brought it into the boutique to have them do their magic "spa treatment", thereby verifying its authenticity. The resident craftsperson was mesmerized by that Kelly. Box leather patina is truly a special thing when given the time to age beautifully. They cleaned it up, most of the scratches were buffed out, and returned it to me looking perfect. More importantly, without the horrible moth ball smell it had when I "found it" in that chest of drawers. That spa treatment was a mere $150, a total bargain when you think about it.

I've since passed on from Hermés, as I've previously posted about, specifically because I prefer lightweight, slouchy bags, and I just can't be arsed to care about having 10K "sacks" to carry my tit around in. I cashed out all of my Hermés bags, didn't lose money on any of them, and have never regretted it. I'd much rather have that money in the market working away, multiplying itself into a carefree retirement.

Do I think Lydia's Kelly bags are real? Nope. The Kellys don't look right to me. Plus, her behavior regarding them is so freakin' contrary to everything we know about her character. The Birkin is possibly authentic, but the Kellys don't have the right "presence". And no way would Lydia leave the monetized coin on the table that would come from elaborate Hermés unboxing videos. Plus, if Hermés had screwed up in some way with her and then felt they needed to make it up to her and offer her elusive bags, she'd be shouting that from the rafters as well. Lydia never fails to brag about how special Lydia is. Her chilling silence on the provenance of not one, but 2 sought after Kelly bags, tells me everything I need to know. Black Hermés bags are the most desirable, followed by what they call "Gold" leather, which is the tan tone you see often. The pastel coloured bags are far easier to get once you're in the game with a boutique, and far less desirable to most.

She may have gone the reseller route, but again, resellers wouldn't be giving her bargains, and I doubt her accountant would let her claim 2 Kelly bags as a business expense just so she can keep up appearances. If her "rich Daddy dearest" had gifted them to her, again, she'd be bragging about that. So I think they're faux, just like her boobs.
I think we all need to know where that Antiques shop is!!!!! 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Both of Vic’s bags are pre-loved and were gifted/heavily discounted.

Reactions: 15
I am with @happyforest on this one
The biggest red flags that makes me be 100% certain that the hermes are fake is Lydia’s behavior
She would break all the glasses in her house with all screaming and perrrrrrfects if she got a hermes bag from the store

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.