Lydia Millen #123 It's all oak and bespoke for a career that's about to go up in smoke!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know what she meant when she said her last podcast appearance was bad?

Reactions: 15
It is just me or does Ali look unwell?

Why has he got such a little pea head & his face looks so gaunt & thin. 😦
On the last couple of on-the-go photos (stories or screenshots from videos, not the let-me-pose ones) they both look unhappy, drained, tired and unwell. :/
Part of me do feel sorry, but they did it to themselves. Lot of people here tried first to give them free constructive and very good advice but they labeled them as trolls & blocked them. Lot of us or even all of us here continued pointing what is wrong and not only what they have to change but how they should do differently, and they are still mentioning trolling...
You cannot be an influencer if you are silencing your customers' opinions that you don't like because you don't have emotional capacity to understand it and deal with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Well that was 2 narcissist's word f*cking each other for 47 minutes. That Roxy is a sycophant and seems to be quite delusional herself. The way she fawned and awwed and glorified Lydia's narc rambling was just a bit much to take. I feel actually ill.

May I repeat that LYDIA HAD NOT FINISHED THE BOOK BEFORE SHE DID THIS PODCAST! It was however interesting to hear her spin things like "management didn't work out" and the globy "rewrite".... but man she just takes in other peoples tools/quotes/work and twists most of it into reasons to justify her behavior. yuck Lydia is one high maintenance Biach. Even music has it out for her and she just needs CALM.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Well that was 2 narcissist's word f*cking each other for 47 minutes. That Roxy is a sycophant and seems to be quite delusional herself. The way she fawned and awwed and glorified Lydia's narc rambling was just a bit much to take. I feel actually ill.

Well done for listening, I cannot bring myself to do that! The fact that this book has been literally thrown at every influencer under the sun has put me off it totally, even though the reviews are good! And lets face it anything Lydia endorses is usually tit anyway!

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 32
I was thinking about this, was it Jake Humphrey's podcast?
Interesting considering she was fan girling him at the formula one.

Found this when googling.... nothing stands out as SO NEGATIVE SHE HAD TO MENTION IT IN A POST, AND ON THIS PODCAST LIKE SHE WAS GRACING US ALL WITH HER PRESCENCE AFTER SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE. In fact, most are her and ali friends or influencer types of fawning podcasts.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Yet another rebranding, more money wasted into "ass"thetics but a working website... can wait. Her landing page still takes ages to load up. Does she upload HD pictures on it??? I haven't seen a website so slow since the 90s and the AOL times.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I have to tell you - I listened to it - all 47 mins. All a load of gushing between the two but interesting on Glóby.

“I hope I don’t start crying but Covid has brought the biggest change - being at home - I used to travel three times a month. So not prepared for anything of what was going to happen. I hit rock bottom before change could be made. I was on medication - I’d been on it before, so wasn’t expecting it to effect my mental health. I never say failure but I launched a brand and it didn’t go how I planned it to go - I’m so grateful for it now but it was not received as I perceived it would. I was talking to my friend, Charlie, and he said ‘at least you tried to bring out something different’ I could have brought out a bunch of lipsticks - I probably should have. So it wasn’t received as I had hoped and it was a hard lesson to learn and I know now what I’m not good at and what I’m not capable of and what I need to do better. At the time it felt awful and catastrophic but now, two years on, I’m happy I went through that’

More later - I’m dead late for the dentist!
So let me get straight, she's blaming the medication for affecting her mental health and how she dealt with the backlash for her fraudulent, cheap, low quality product?

Of course, she needed to do this podcast. It was her opportunity to try and change the narrative again, blame something external for her tit product, where she tried to rip people off. The meds did that, not Lydiot planning this for the supposed 2 years prior.

She did not bring out something different. She brought out a cheap, Ali Baba product where she lied about where it was produced, shut down customer service so no one could get refunds or cancellations, and charged an exorbitant price for a product that costs barely anything to manufacture. Did the medication cause all that too?

I knew she was waiting for another opportunity to not take accountability, responsibility and to change the narrative claiming this was caused by something out of her control. No, meds do not do that regarding her product, pricing, false advertising and its launch. Her and her "team" strategically planned this to make a quick buck off people.

This was also her indirect way of blaming something else, supposedly out of her control, for her horrific, cruel behavior toward a pregnant woman days away from giving birth. She can now also say the meds caused her horrific behavior towards others. Let me guess the meds also caused her to make that February video scheming and lying that she was attacked by someone in their house?

Some meds can have side effects affecting one's mood but no, meds can't strategically cause all that she did in regards to Globy, Nicky and that shocking Feb video. Globy and that Feb video were planned and calculated by her and her "team". Did the meds also cause her to come up with that insane story claiming the farmer shot and killed her cat, then burned it and hid the evidence to deter attention from her behavior?

What this muppet does not realize is that each time she tries to blame something external and out of her control for her despicable behavior, she makes it worse.

Many have said that many in the industry have witnessed and experienced her arrogant, rude, narcissistic behavior. Many have chosen to no longer work with her. Major global brands have dumped her ass. Did the meds cause that too? No, this is clearly a pattern of behavior where major companies obviously decide she is a liability for them. The meds did not cause all that. Lydiot did.

This podcast was,yet again, another failed attempt to indirectly not take any accountability and responsibility for her horrid behavior and the demise of her career.

Sorry, Lyds, you failed again.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
  1. Now she suggests the Accutane was affecting her mental health. I've heard Doctors say, that it's likely it doesn't and that the mood comes more from people being in puberty while taking it, for example... how tf duck would she know what the reason was for her mood, she had a fucked up launch and feud with Nicky at the same time
  2. "It was not perceived as I perceived it would" - Takes no responsibility, the consumers are at fault, didn't get her vision(s)
  3. And yes, you could say it was a "failure" because it was, and you learnt nothing from it, people didn't like it because it was expensive af, your advertisement was unspecific, the website was a joke, the tax thing was stupid, you stopped immediately after the crashed launch to promote your product
  4. "at least you tried something different" - slagging off her more successful competition, and btw, if you had launched a bunch of overpriced lipsticks, the outcome would've been the same, you dollop! (also, lol that of all people she took advice from Char, who has himself a history of failed businesses)
  5. "I know now what I am not good at" - no, you still don't understand it
  6. "I am happy I went through that" - NO, you not, you are still sulking and hating your subscribers/followers
Off the topic of Lidl for a hot sec, I was on accutane for about 10 months, and the mental health thing is true.

I was warned by both my doctor and my prescribing dermatologist that depression and suicidal thoughts/urges are a known risk of this medication, it is rare but it happens.The medication leaflet says this too.

I wasn’t going through puberty at the time either.

I got monitored every month for the 3 things dermatologists and doctors need to check for every month - 1. Mental health 2. To confirm not pregnant due to serious problems accutane can cause to a baby 3. Organ function and health

All 3 of these things were taken really seriously in my case in all the time I was on this medication, thankfully.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I was thinking about this, was it Jake Humphrey's podcast?
I don’t believe for one second a podcast situation occurred. She’s just lazy and deluded. I believe she’s referring to the Espa live thing when the comments went bananas 🍌🍌🍌🍌 This podcast suited her down to the ground because the format was simple - defining moments and manifestation. It wasn’t exactly Newsnight and no real questions were asked such as Glóby being overpriced and vat and shipping hidden in white print on a white background let alone shipping returns by first class mail, etc - totally calculated to hide the costs let alone the vegan leather lie.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
She likes to re-
Off the topic of Lidl for a hot sec, I was on accutane for about 10 months, and the mental health thing is true.

I was warned by both my doctor and my prescribing dermatologist that depression and suicidal thoughts/urges are a known risk of this medication, it is rare but it happens.The medication leaflet says this too.

I wasn’t going through puberty at the time either.

I got monitored every month for the 3 things dermatologists and doctors need to check for every month - 1. Mental health 2. To confirm not pregnant due to serious problems accutane can cause to a baby 3. Organ function and health

All 3 of these things were taken really seriously in my case in all the time I was on this medication, thankfully.
thanks for the insight! I am curious why she was on this medication when she only ever had like 2 pimples every couple months? My sister was on it as a teen for cystic and horrific acne all over her poor face. What are the other reasons for taking it?

Reactions: 22
She likes to re-

thanks for the insight! I am curious why she was on this medication when she only ever had like 2 pimples every couple months? My sister was on it as a teen for cystic and horrific acne all over her poor face. What are the other reasons for taking it?
I was VERY surprised she managed to get a prescription for accutane for acne, it’s a really powerful drug with unpleasant and in some cases, dangerous side effects (suicidal thoughts, organ failure for example). You have to have actual acne (not just a couple of spots) over the course of considerable months or years.

In my case, I had moderate acne which I’d had for a year and a bit, but as well as that I was also prescribed it was for the dreadful scarring my acne left behind when it flared up. Like dark red, purple marks that stayed for months (some even for a couple of years!)

Bad acne that could not be treated using other tried methods, or acne + scarring are the two reasons that I am aware you would be prescribed it. They definitely don’t just give it to anyone. I don't recall ever seeing her with with either acne nor scarring but maybe someone will correct me on that. I don’t even remember seeing her with many/any spots over the years.

They are actually strict about who they prescribe this to, you can only be prescribed by a dermatologist. If you go to a doctor, they refer you to one.

In most cases you will need to have tried other medications first (antibiotics, or that horrible smelling roll on thing for example) and if they didn’t work they will then consider accutane.

Yeah, I’m no expert but I looked into it a lot before taking it. I am very confused about how she got it. Perhaps she went private and perhaps it’s easier to get private? God knows.

I hope it worked out for your sister ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
She likes to re-

It is for acne, I am currently taking it and it took me 10 years to finally get a referral on the NHS. Lydia however paid to go to a private dermatologist (she said so in a vlog) where she was given a prescription for it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I haven’t listened to it but it’s funny how she’s called Lydia Millen, not Millen-Gordon, always very one-sided on Ali. She never addresses this, he should just stop using that name.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I was VERY surprised she managed to get a prescription for accutane for acne, it’s a really powerful drug with unpleasant and in some cases, dangerous side effects (suicidal thoughts, organ failure for example). You have to have actual acne (not just a couple of spots) over the course of considerable months or years.

In my case, I had moderate acne which I’d had for a year and a bit, but as well as that I was also prescribed it was for the dreadful scarring my acne left behind when it flared up. Like dark red, purple marks that stayed for months (some even for a couple of years!)

Bad acne that could not be treated using other tried methods, or acne + scarring are the two reasons that I am aware you would be prescribed it. They definitely don’t just give it to anyone. I don't recall ever seeing her with with either acne nor scarring but maybe someone will correct me on that. I don’t even remember seeing her with many/any spots over the years.

They are actually strict about who they prescribe this too, you can only be prescribed by a dermatologist. If you go to a doctor, they refer you to one.

In most cases you will need to have tried other medications first (antibiotics, or that horrible smelling roll on thing for example) and if they didn’t work they will then consider accutane.

Yeah, I’m no expert but I looked into it a lot before taking it. I am very confused about how she got it. Perhaps she went private and perhaps it’s easier to get private? God knows.
I agree, I have zero clue how she managed to get a prescription.
I don’t have bad acne but the scarring I get is bad, I spent 10 years being given different antibiotics and creams before being referred and then it took a year to even get an appointment.
I tried to go private like she did but it just never worked out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
It is for acne, I am currently taking it and it took me 10 years to finally get a referral on the NHS. Lydia however paid to go to a private dermatologist (she said so in a vlog) where she was given a prescription for it.
I was so grateful to have been on accutane, it completely transformed my skin. I really hope you’re finally seeing results on this after waiting so long. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Interesting considering she was fan girling him at the formula one.

Found this when googling.... nothing stands out as SO NEGATIVE SHE HAD TO MENTION IT IN A POST, AND ON THIS PODCAST LIKE SHE WAS GRACING US ALL WITH HER PRESCENCE AFTER SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE. In fact, most are her and ali friends or influencer types of fawning podcasts.

Was that Jake guy a friend of Ali's? Maybe Ali talked with him about Lydia and their relationship, and he gave him advice? That for sure would Lydia make feel betrayed by Jake. And give her a "bad experience". She is one of those black and white people, either she loves one or hates them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I agree, I have zero clue how she managed to get a prescription.
I don’t have bad acne but the scarring I get is bad, I spent 10 years being given different antibiotics and creams before being referred and then it took a year to even get an appointment.
I tried to go private like she did but it just never worked out.
Couldn't the filler doc, Dr Ayad, have written a prescription? She has the $ to go private and he has the capability to write that prescription, correct?

Again, yes, meds taken for various needs can have side effects on mood and mental health. However, meds did not cause all her strategic lies and customer service for Globy and that Feb video. Meds do not cause years of this behavior causing many brands to drop her and agencies not want to work with her. Meds do not cause her lazy and late behavior regarding PR products and advertising.

She's claiming that med she was on for a short time caused her behavior from years prior and all that has happened after?

Her career will continue to crash and burn as long as she never addresses her behavior and arrogance.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.