Lydia Millen #123 It's all oak and bespoke for a career that's about to go up in smoke!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, dear Lord, does Elsie not realise that every country on the entire planet will have the exact same number of sunrises in February - and what does she find so exciting about this one? šŸ˜“

2A5390E4-834D-43B1-BB9A-1D3816EEF54B.jpeg
AEB716C7-E299-47F1-B19E-D0FE1B50F9E0.jpeg

Also, ā€˜whoseā€™ ā€¦ instead of spending a ridiculous amount of money on her Smythson diaries, Elsie really needs to INVEST IN A DICTIONARY! šŸ™„

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
FINAL UPDATE ON THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN OCEANFRONT HOLIDAY OF DREAMS.

Although The Great Australian Oceanfront Holiday of Dreams has come to an end and my beloved guests were all returned home safely via my pre-loved Tardis on Sunday, Master Midnight and me are still at our now very quiet beach house and I donā€™t know quite what to do with myself tonight.

So I thought Iā€™d share the carefully curated, bespoke Swag Bags I put together for each of my wonderful guests, as a thank you for spending ten gloriously hot summer days at our seaside hideaway with us.

Each Swag Bag was made from recycled jute, hand embroidered on the front, and contained 14 items.

View attachment 1034379

A Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti letter pendant with the initial of my guestā€™s first name.

View attachment 1034383
View attachment 1034386

A white 100% cotton nightie (pyjamas for @Miscanthus) monogrammed with the finest of gold thread.

View attachment 1034391

A pair of genuine Australian Ugg slippers.

View attachment 1034392

A Glasshouse ā€œMelbourne Museā€ candle.

View attachment 1034477

A tube of Lā€™occitane shea butter hand cream.

View attachment 1034396

A pot of the original Laneige lip sleeping mask.

View attachment 1034397

A jar of my homemade lemon curd (donā€™t panic, I promise itā€™s NOTHING like Elsieā€™s homemade chuckney ā€¦ my kitchen is as sterile as an operating theatre).

View attachment 1034399

A packet of Tim Tams.

View attachment 1034473

A jar of quintessentially Aussie Vegemite.

View attachment 1034403

A mini bottle of Veuve Clicquot.

View attachment 1034404

A plush kangaroo to snuggle with.

View attachment 1034415

An Australian flag.

View attachment 1034417

A small glass bottle filled with sand and tiny seashells from our beautiful beach with the the date of our holiday calligraphied by moi on the front.

View attachment 1034418
View attachment 1034435

And a Vera Wang ā€˜Love Knotā€™ sterling silver photo frame with a group photo of all 22 of us standing on the beach in our white nighties at sunrise (for privacy reasons I obviously canā€™t post the actual photo that Master Midnight took of us).

View attachment 1034438

And as this was The Inaugural Great Australian Oceanfront Holiday of Dreams, I hope to see everyone (and maybe a few new faces) back here at the same time next year.

Until then, please remember Iā€™m only a pre-loved Tardis journey away should anyone need me. ā™„
I loved this post SO much I cried like a baby when I read it!
Then I read it again - twice: and cried a bit more.
Each gift is utterly perfect and SO well thought out. Thank you.
I have copied it to my phone so I can keep it with all our Fur Baby photos.
Itā€˜s just so perfectly you and THAT is why you are our QueenšŸ‘‘šŸ‘‘šŸ‘‘

šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­wagghhhhh! This has made me soooooo happy šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Lemon curdā€¦Tim tams AND vegemiteā€¦I mean it gets no better! Trulyā€¦

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Anna Bey šŸ¤®

It really is disgusting. They believe the Universe owes them material tit. Peak entitled brattiness of privileged folks. I can't with Karen Britchick any more because of this. She manifested bleeping HERPƈS bags. Get TF out of here! They can tell they are busy to the brim as much as they want, but if they have enough time to reckon about manifestation, they are clearly not busy enough with real work.
"Manifesting is real" lol, yeah, but you can only manifest realists things so peace int he world, no end of poverty... Manifesting a hermes bag it iiiiis then. Lovely

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm only now catching up with her two last vlogs. So the title says 'sharing my vision board' but she doesn't???

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Although The Great Australian Oceanfront Holiday of Dreams has come to an end and my beloved guests were all returned home safely via my pre-loved Tardis on Sunday, Master Midnight and me are still at our now very quiet beach house and I donā€™t know quite what to do with myself tonight.

So I thought Iā€™d share the carefully curated, bespoke Swag Bags I put together for each of my wonderful guests, as a thank you for spending ten gloriously hot summer days at our seaside hideaway with us.

Each Swag Bag was made from recycled jute, hand embroidered on the front, and contained 14 items.

View attachment 1034379

A Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti letter pendant with the initial of my guestā€™s first name.

View attachment 1034383
View attachment 1034386

A white 100% cotton nightie (pyjamas for @Miscanthus) monogrammed with the finest of gold thread.

View attachment 1034391

View attachment 1034392

View attachment 1034477

View attachment 1034396

View attachment 1034397

A jar of my homemade lemon curd (donā€™t panic, I promise itā€™s NOTHING like Elsieā€™s homemade chuckney ā€¦ my kitchen is as sterile as an operating theatre).

View attachment 1034399

A packet of Tim Tams.

View attachment 1034473

View attachment 1034403

View attachment 1034404

View attachment 1034415

An Australian flag.

View attachment 1034417

A small glass bottle filled with sand and tiny seashells from our beautiful beach with the the date of our holiday calligraphied by moi on the front.

View attachment 1034418
View attachment 1034435

And a Vera Wang ā€˜Love Knotā€™ sterling silver photo frame with a group photo of all 22 of us standing on the beach in our white nighties at sunrise (for privacy reasons I obviously canā€™t post the actual photo that Master Midnight took of us).

View attachment 1034438

And as this was The Inaugural Great Australian Oceanfront Holiday of Dreams, I hope to see everyone (and maybe a few new faces) back here at the same time next year.

Until then, please remember Iā€™m only a pre-loved Tardis journey away should anyone need me. ā™„
Oh, thank you to you and Master Midnight for a heavenly trip and this beautifully curated swag bag of dreams to remind us of you both and your hospitality. Deeply moved and hugely appreciative of your generosity. xxx šŸ„°ā¤šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ

• Heart
Reactions: 16

View attachment 1034379

View attachment 1034383
View attachment 1034386

View attachment 1034391

View attachment 1034392

View attachment 1034477

View attachment 1034396

View attachment 1034397

View attachment 1034399

A packet of Tim Tams.

View attachment 1034473

View attachment 1034403

View attachment 1034404

View attachment 1034415

An Australian flag.

View attachment 1034417

View attachment 1034418
View attachment 1034435

View attachment 1034438

Thank you for the beautiful gifts and memories.ā¤
I was once brought back a boomerang from Australia, threw it over the garden wall but it never came back. Turned out it was a stickšŸ˜œ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

I teared up a bit too. Always wanted to try TimTams x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I teared up a bit too. Always wanted to try TimTams x
I always wanted an inscribed Jute bag and seashells in a glass bottleā€¦Vegemite and Tim Tams are an experience not to be missed along with home-made lemon curdā€¦Then there are our twirling nighties and pyjamas. Master Midnight carried all my luggage up and down those verandah steps and helped me so much. He said he wanted to do his bit for ā€™Help the Agedā€™ā€¦Such a lovely young man.

Big sighs as I unpack my goody bag of dreamzzzā€¦Iā€™m keeping the Tiffany for best, Teddy Bear is already showing his kangaroo around his billabong. Our photo is up in pride of place on my desk and all is well with the worldā€¦šŸ„°

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I would do a poll but to save time the result was you! Take a paracetamol first and something to bite on. We don't want to hear your screams!
I have to tell you - I listened to it - all 47 mins. All a load of gushing between the two but interesting on GlĆ³by.

ā€œI hope I donā€™t start crying but Covid has brought the biggest change - being at home - I used to travel three times a month. So not prepared for anything of what was going to happen. I hit rock bottom before change could be made. I was on medication - Iā€™d been on it before, so wasnā€™t expecting it to effect my mental health. I never say failure but I launched a brand and it didnā€™t go how I planned it to go - Iā€™m so grateful for it now but it was not received as I perceived it would. I was talking to my friend, Charlie, and he said ā€˜at least you tried to bring out something differentā€™ I could have brought out a bunch of lipsticks - I probably should have. So it wasnā€™t received as I had hoped and it was a hard lesson to learn and I know now what Iā€™m not good at and what Iā€™m not capable of and what I need to do better. At the time it felt awful and catastrophic but now, two years on, Iā€™m happy I went through thatā€™

More later - Iā€™m dead late for the dentist!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

View attachment 1034379

View attachment 1034383
View attachment 1034386

View attachment 1034391

View attachment 1034392

View attachment 1034477

View attachment 1034396

View attachment 1034397

View attachment 1034399

A packet of Tim Tams.

View attachment 1034473

View attachment 1034403

View attachment 1034404

View attachment 1034415

An Australian flag.

View attachment 1034417

View attachment 1034418
View attachment 1034435

View attachment 1034438

This is the Swag Bag of dreamzzz šŸ’ž
Thank you so much, you are so thoughtful. Every item is a treat!
I can't recall why I wanted jim jams but they did preserve my modesty at times!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Whilst my dear friend is at the dentist; I bet my last nerve that Elsie will not have mentioned how sorry she was for the rotten experience everyone had of Globy. I mean it was a badly planned , badly executed quagmire of disappointment - allegedly 2 years in the making! Nobody had considered what the purchaserā€™s journey was going to be like. The main consideration seemed to be the moolah! This shone throughā€¦I remember all the incorrect ISO information on the sheet they (Carrie) produced. Not even country of origin initially. Then they changed the info and the TnCā€™s dailyā€¦then the VAT then the postage fiascoā€¦yeah, Iā€™d have been glad to go through all that tooā€¦NOT. EVERā€¦

I remember doing a rough calculation at the time based on the costs and the numbers. I figured if she bought 6000 units and made Ā£35 profit on each unit she was looking at a pay day of Ā£215k. She hadnā€™t seemed to have considered people would ask questions or might want to return the goods . All that blurb about staff at the warehouse ready to pack the orderā€¦I never saw her in the same light after that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
I really did like a lot of her outfits back in this era. I agree her outfits were more classic like @TinyDAncer29 said.

Back then you could take inspo from her outfits (if they were to your taste) - for me they were stylish and smart, but still wearable on a day to day basis.

Nowadays the bulk of her outfits are pretty frumpy (my opinion) and not outfits youā€™d find most people wearing anyway, but especially day to day - My personal style preference aside, her Victorian dresses are a bit too dressy (pardon the pun) for a lot of women to find themselves wearing daily I would have thought.
I have to agree, and quite strongly!

I actually started following Lidl just before she got married and moved into the bung. Her style, whilst copied was much cleaner in the lines and flattering for her figure. Was more inspiring if anything.

Current Victoriana seems to be a very weird attempt to dress in the so-called cottagecore style. Suspect this is Jose's influence... However, I know people who do wear long/prairie dresses on the daily, but this is actually their style and has been for a long time. They style the dresses accordingly and always look well put together without the clothes wearing THEM. Whereas Lidl, it's all an act. Pretending to be something else until a new thing comes along šŸ¤¢

• Heart
Reactions: 39
It was a nasty comment
I hope it wasn't one of us. I know we don't always adhere to the rules here (off topic anybody?) but trolling is against the rules for a good reason. We can say what we like on here.

As I said previously, I think I know who it is, as I had some correspondence with them on Instagram a while back.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Bloomin' Nora! I was thinking of something hand held ;) but this is like having another hooman in the house! :oops:
I have a little handheld steamer. Wouldnā€™t recommend it as a replacement for an iron. I use it to take out the creases of dresses or pants after wearing them once or if they come out of my closet creased (donā€™t have the big walk in closet our Lidl has).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh, dear Lord, does Elsie not realise that every country on the entire planet will have the exact same number of sunrises in February - and what does she find so exciting about this one? šŸ˜“

View attachment 1034591View attachment 1034593

Also, ā€˜whoseā€™ ā€¦ instead of spending a ridiculous amount of money on her Smythson diaries, Elsie really needs to INVEST IN A DICTIONARY! šŸ™„
That pic looks like a scene right out of "Apocalypse Now".

Horrible filter.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

Omg what a beautiful list of beautiful things!! Oprah doesnā€™t have anything on you!!! Thatā€™s such a pampering experience for anyone!! šŸ’—

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.