Lydia Millen #123 It's all oak and bespoke for a career that's about to go up in smoke!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FINAL UPDATE ON THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN OCEANFRONT HOLIDAY OF DREAMS.

Although The Great Australian Oceanfront Holiday of Dreams has come to an end and my beloved guests were all returned home safely via my pre-loved Tardis on Sunday, Master Midnight and me are still at our now very quiet beach house and I don’t know quite what to do with myself tonight.

So I thought I’d share the carefully curated, bespoke Swag Bags I put together for each of my wonderful guests, as a thank you for spending ten gloriously hot summer days at our seaside hideaway with us.

Each Swag Bag was made from recycled jute, hand embroidered on the front, and contained 14 items.

View attachment 1034379

A Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti letter pendant with the initial of my guest’s first name.

View attachment 1034383
View attachment 1034386

A white 100% cotton nightie (pyjamas for @Miscanthus) monogrammed with the finest of gold thread.

View attachment 1034391

A pair of genuine Australian Ugg slippers.

View attachment 1034392

A Glasshouse “Melbourne Muse” candle.

View attachment 1034477

A tube of L’occitane shea butter hand cream.

View attachment 1034396

A pot of the original Laneige lip sleeping mask.

View attachment 1034397

A jar of my homemade lemon curd (don’t panic, I promise it’s NOTHING like Elsie’s homemade chuckney … my kitchen is as sterile as an operating theatre).

View attachment 1034399

A packet of Tim Tams.

View attachment 1034473

A jar of quintessentially Aussie Vegemite.

View attachment 1034403

A mini bottle of Veuve Clicquot.

View attachment 1034404

A plush kangaroo to snuggle with.

View attachment 1034415

An Australian flag.

View attachment 1034417

A small glass bottle filled with sand and tiny seashells from our beautiful beach with the the date of our holiday calligraphied by moi on the front.

View attachment 1034418
View attachment 1034435

And a Vera Wang ‘Love Knot’ sterling silver photo frame with a group photo of all 22 of us standing on the beach in our white nighties at sunrise (for privacy reasons I obviously can’t post the actual photo that Master Midnight took of us).

View attachment 1034438

And as this was The Inaugural Great Australian Oceanfront Holiday of Dreams, I hope to see everyone (and maybe a few new faces) back here at the same time next year.

Until then, please remember I’m only a pre-loved Tardis journey away should anyone need me. ♥
Thank you for a splendid holiday and you are the hostess with the mostest. 👑

Already "manifesting" our next Tattle holiday together.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I wish, if she gets pregnant, that she gets the worst headaches and sickness from other people strong perfumes so she gets a feel about what she imposes everyday with her 100th spritz.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
I have to tell you - I listened to it - all 47 mins. All a load of gushing between the two but interesting on Glóby.

“I hope I don’t start crying but Covid has brought the biggest change - being at home - I used to travel three times a month. So not prepared for anything of what was going to happen. I hit rock bottom before change could be made. I was on medication - I’d been on it before, so wasn’t expecting it to effect my mental health. I never say failure but I launched a brand and it didn’t go how I planned it to go - I’m so grateful for it now but it was not received as I perceived it would. I was talking to my friend, Charlie, and he said ‘at least you tried to bring out something different’ I could have brought out a bunch of lipsticks - I probably should have. So it wasn’t received as I had hoped and it was a hard lesson to learn and I know now what I’m not good at and what I’m not capable of and what I need to do better. At the time it felt awful and catastrophic but now, two years on, I’m happy I went through that’

More later - I’m dead late for the dentist!
Hmmm. Charlie. The Chaz. Interesting.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Low and behold Roxie Nafousi has Lydia Millen on her podcast 🙄 I unfollowed and suggested she do more research into the people she interviews 😕

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
You would think after her 9863 bad experience doing something she would come to the conclusion that she is in fact the problem and that it is herself that creates the negative experience. She’s such a bleep. If she had a bad experience imagine what the other person experienced

View attachment 1034264
Exactly and of course she has to be a victim EVERY TIME! Can’t ever just promote the thing. Oh and somehow she has made this woman’s popular book and podcast all about herself! 🙄

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

CDFCD5FE-BB84-465A-8005-98333CC877EE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Soooooo the paneling is definitely looking warped/cupping.

And is she trying to show us she edits her videos? And sammmmmme outfit or old post?

B2D6029C-DE6C-4A57-829D-7656722F6F67.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
26:00 minutes in or so on Josies new vlog she’s definitely throwing shade at Lydia! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm only now catching up with her two last vlogs. So the title says 'sharing my vision board' but she doesn't???
You understood that wrong! She is sharing her vision board as in, she had a vision of a board full of work, but she was the only one seeing it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Exactly and of course she has to be a victim EVERY TIME! Can’t ever just promote the thing. Oh and somehow she has made this woman’s popular book and podcast all about herself! 🙄

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

View attachment 1034951
I’m only a few minutes in. So far this woman is gushing over Lydia. Like in the most over the top way it’s very cringe. 😵‍ Seems like Lydia is making her “success” into proof manifesting works. Um how’s that going for you now?!

This woman chose the absolute worst example of “proof” manifesting works. She should have asked Xenia or someone actually successful who works hard!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
So, I’m back (it was a painless checkup - all intact except wallet €€€)

Anyhow, back to the podcast. As @Oops said, zero blame on her side for failure of Glóby

Re Defining Moments (Glóby/Covid was #3 - already posted)

#1. Uni - She didn’t have the brains to do the course she wanted so she went the unconventional route of working in a fashion shop in Watford and the vlog became a hobby when she went to Uni as a creative outlet so that she could continue to enjoy her love of styling, fashion and trends. She realised that she wanted to do it full time, but that meant leaving her job, getting a mortgage and her dad was unsure but she manifested her career, ie ‘ manifesting my life through my work - no self doubt’, you are not a tree - you do not have to stay still. Roxie says - your self belief is your super power!! Gush, gush, blah, blah...

#2 defining moment (bit more interesting) Mid career circa 2016

‘By then, if you had management, you had made it. It didn’t work out and I was crushed. Where do I go? I couldn’t handle the emails, contracts, negotiation.. overwhelming. It was sink or swim. I made my best friend my manager and over three months I built my team. I stole her from Asos.. she saw the state of my taxes and she helped me and it was the best decision I ever made. So rare in this line of work that people care about you, are passionate about you. I think management conglomerates are gone.’

Things she’s learned about friendship

‘Everything I thought I knew was crap. In school, there were throwaway friendships. When you work with your best friend, you can’t be flippant. You have to communicate and show a level of commitment and understanding like a romantic relationship - a key pillar like a marriage. Everyone was oooh, that’s not the norm and at that time there were three major managing companies but I built my team in-house. Carrie is passionate about me, knows me inside and out and it’s a recipe for success.

Re Trolls

(Roxie tries not to break down as she describes when Lydia posted some examples of trolls messages to her)

‘First thing I said to Jacqueline - I have nowhere to put this negative energy. J said why are you absorbing it? This is not yours to hold on to. I was like - all these years - 10yrs - I was storing this and nobody told me this. When I posted those comments, I felt I would get more of them but now I don’t get anything.. and it’s the moment you shift your focus from negative energy to positive energy it just disappears. I used to think I was the only person who’s getting this. I’m not the only one with a you tube channel and instagram. I think if anyone’s feeling the same way, overwhelmed with negative energy, change it - you don’t have to exist this way. My life coach taught look only at the facts, not opinions. If someone says Lydia, you are on another planet, it’s an opinion, not a fact so I go through every single comment - my brain like a roladex - opinion, opinion, opinion... until I find a fact, it’s not for me to take on board.

Quickfire questions

Fave book The Sweet Spot, Manifest and the Sold for Happy(?)
Fave movie The Holiday (😴😴), Downton
Fave quote ‘She stepped out of the race she never wanted to be in’
Role Model. Jacqueline Hurst

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
I have to tell you - I listened to it - all 47 mins. All a load of gushing between the two but interesting on Glóby.

“I hope I don’t start crying but Covid has brought the biggest change - being at home - I used to travel three times a month. So not prepared for anything of what was going to happen. I hit rock bottom before change could be made. I was on medication - I’d been on it before, so wasn’t expecting it to effect my mental health. I never say failure but I launched a brand and it didn’t go how I planned it to go - I’m so grateful for it now but it was not received as I perceived it would. I was talking to my friend, Charlie, and he said ‘at least you tried to bring out something different’ I could have brought out a bunch of lipsticks - I probably should have. So it wasn’t received as I had hoped and it was a hard lesson to learn and I know now what I’m not good at and what I’m not capable of and what I need to do better. At the time it felt awful and catastrophic but now, two years on, I’m happy I went through that’

More later - I’m dead late for the dentist!
  1. Now she suggests the Accutane was affecting her mental health. I've heard Doctors say, that it's likely it doesn't and that the mood comes more from people being in puberty while taking it, for example... how tf duck would she know what the reason was for her mood, she had a fucked up launch and feud with Nicky at the same time
  2. "It was not perceived as I perceived it would" - Takes no responsibility, the consumers are at fault, didn't get her vision(s)
  3. And yes, you could say it was a "failure" because it was, and you learnt nothing from it, people didn't like it because it was expensive af, your advertisement was unspecific, the website was a joke, the tax thing was stupid, you stopped immediately after the crashed launch to promote your product
  4. "at least you tried something different" - slagging off her more successful competition, and btw, if you had launched a bunch of overpriced lipsticks, the outcome would've been the same, you dollop! (also, lol that of all people she took advice from Char, who has himself a history of failed businesses)
  5. "I know now what I am not good at" - no, you still don't understand it
  6. "I am happy I went through that" - NO, you not, you are still sulking and hating your subscribers/followers

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Omg she just said she is only MID way through the book! She hasn’t finished the book when she recorded this! 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Oh my word her hair 😳 she looks great with a Lob why doesn’t she just chop it off and start over?!?!
This 1st pic comes from one of those strange video clips you can add someones face onto, someone posted it and I took a screenshot, the 2nd one is one of my bespoke LEMEs, when she wrote (as usual) some error in her post, instead of "upload" her most recent flog she wrote "unload". Shorter hair really would suit her.
1640334118329.png
LEM_unloading.png

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So, I’m back (it was a painless checkup - all intact except wallet €€€)

Anyhow, back to the podcast. As @Oops said, zero blame on her side for failure of Glóby

Re Defining Moments (Glóby/Covid was #3 - already posted)

#1. Uni - She didn’t have the brains to do the course she wanted so she went the unconventional route of working in a fashion shop in Watford and the vlog became a hobby when she went to Uni as a creative outlet so that she could continue to enjoy her love of styling, fashion and trends. She realised that she wanted to do it full time, but that meant leaving her job, getting a mortgage and her dad was unsure but she manifested her career, ie ‘ manifesting my life through my work - no self doubt’, you are not a tree - you do not have to stay still. Roxie says - your self belief is your super power!! Gush, gush, blah, blah...

#2 defining moment (bit more interesting) Mid career circa 2016

‘By then, if you had management, you had made it. It didn’t work out and I was crushed. Where do I go? I couldn’t handle the emails, contracts, negotiation.. overwhelming. It was sink or swim. I made my best friend my manager and over three months I built my team. I stole her from Asos.. she saw the state of my taxes and she helped me and it was the best decision I ever made. So rare in this line of work that people care about you, are passionate about you. I think management conglomerates are gone.’

Things she’s learned about friendship

‘Everything I thought I knew was crap. In school, there were throwaway friendships. When you work with your best friend, you can’t be flippant. You have to communicate and show a level of commitment and understanding like a romantic relationship - a key pillar like a marriage. Everyone was oooh, that’s not the norm and at that time there were three major managing companies but I built my team in-house. Carrie is passionate about me, knows me inside and out and it’s a recipe for success.

Re Trolls

(Roxie tries not to break down as she describes when Lydia posted some examples of trolls messages to her)

‘First thing I said to Jacqueline - I have nowhere to put this negative energy. J said why are you absorbing it? This is not yours to hold on to. I was like - all these years - 10yrs - I was storing this and nobody told me this. When I posted those comments, I felt I would get more of them but now I don’t get anything.. and it’s the moment you shift your focus from negative energy to positive energy it just disappears. I used to think I was the only person who’s getting this. I’m not the only one with a you tube channel and instagram. I think if anyone’s feeling the same way, overwhelmed with negative energy, change it - you don’t have to exist this way. My life coach taught look only at the facts, not opinions. If someone says Lydia, you are on another planet, it’s an opinion, not a fact so I go through every single comment - my brain like a roladex - opinion, opinion, opinion... until I find a fact, it’s not for me to take on board.

Quickfire questions

Fave book The Sweet Spot, Manifest and the Sold for Happy(?)
Fave movie The Holiday (😴😴), Downton
Fave quote ‘She stepped out of the race she never wanted to be in’
Role Model. Jacqueline Hurst
She is so delusional.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh dear, our Elsie does seem to have a lot of 'bad experiences' doesn't she, not done a podcast for two years because of that reason - someone must have asked her an awkward question!!! And now she's dones Roxie's and it really took a lot out of her! Talking was it, part of your job though isn't it, you know to speak!!

And now Claire is flogging the Roxie book - apparently they are friends!

• Sick
  • Haha
Oh dear, our Elsie does seem to have a lot of 'bad experiences' doesn't she, not done a podcast for two years because of that reason - someone must have asked her an awkward question!!! And now she's dones Roxie's and it really took a lot out of her! Talking was it, part of your job though isn't it, you know to speak!!

And now Claire is flogging the Roxie book - apparently they are friends!
It's when you take everything personal and doesn't learn from that, then yes, you have plenty of "bad experiences".

There, this is you, Lydia:
1643817132141.png
1643817175280.png

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What does she say?!
Sorry I didn’t get to finish as I was rushing.
It was something along the lines of

she’s worried her vlogs are boring but she watches vlogs where people are doing nothing with their day and it makes up a big chunk of the vlog. But she still watches them? Hahaha it was just so clearly a dig at lay-about-the-day-Lydia

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.