Lydia Millen #123 It's all oak and bespoke for a career that's about to go up in smoke!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was so grateful to have been on accutane, it completely transformed my skin. I really hope you’re finally seeing results on this after waiting so long. ❤
My daughter who had pretty bad acne face, chest and back was given the pill that is called Diane 35 by an endocrinologist and it works!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Off the topic of Lidl for a hot sec, I was on accutane for about 10 months, and the mental health thing is true.

I was warned by both my doctor and my prescribing dermatologist that depression and suicidal thoughts/urges are a known risk of this medication, it is rare but it happens.The medication leaflet says this too.

I wasn’t going through puberty at the time either.

I got monitored every month for the 3 things dermatologists and doctors need to check for every month - 1. Mental health 2. To confirm not pregnant due to serious problems accutane can cause to a baby 3. Organ function and health

All 3 of these things were taken really seriously in my case in all the time I was on this medication, thankfully.
I agree + I had a friend on it with severe cystic acne and she had to be on the pill and absolutely no alcohol. Can we remember Lydia drinking ANY alcohol at all from March 23 specifically? It’s easily checked and I don’t recall her giving up wine during this period.

In fact, I remember her opening a bottle straight after the Glóby shoot even when Aldi said he hadn’t eaten since lunch and I think that was at 4pm

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Off the topic of Lidl for a hot sec, I was on accutane for about 10 months, and the mental health thing is true.

I was warned by both my doctor and my prescribing dermatologist that depression and suicidal thoughts/urges are a known risk of this medication, it is rare but it happens.The medication leaflet says this too.

I got monitored every month for the 3 things dermatologists and doctors need to check for every month - 1. Mental health 2. To confirm not pregnant due to serious problems accutane can cause to a baby 3. Organ function and health

All 3 of these things were taken really seriously in my case in all the time I was on this medication, thankfully.
I know that it's well known that Accutane could affect someone's mental health. But as I said, some Docs are not sure about it any more. If it's only correlation but also causation in this case. I used the puberty thing as one example.
I suffer from adult acne, and I am not allowed to take Accutane, because I don't use hormonal contraception (I am ace, I just don't sleep with guys, gives me no joy, stresses me out, but the Docs don't care :mad: they think everyone wants to duck), I also suffer from depression, now imagine I start Accutane and wait that the acne goes away, but it becomes worse, and I wait month for month, and it doesn't seem to help, that for sure would me make more depressed).
But you can see, you got monitored to be on the safe side, what's with her. Was she not monitored? She is such a liar and blame shifter.

I don’t believe for one second a podcast situation occurred. She’s just lazy and deluded. I believe she’s referring to the Espa live thing when the comments went bananas 🍌🍌🍌🍌 This podcast suited her down to the ground because the format was simple - defining moments and manifestation. It wasn’t exactly Newsnight and no real questions were asked such as Glóby being overpriced and vat and shipping hidden in white print on a white background let alone shipping returns by first class mail, etc - totally calculated to hide the costs let alone the vegan leather lie.
I also thought of that. But then I thought it was too far fetched. But then again, it's Lydia.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Trying to watch Ali's flog, first three minutes he is talking about coffee beans whilst sat in his study wearing a coat! He talks so much tit it is ridiculous! He's got some bloke with him holding the camera and vlogging for him!

Sorry have had to fast forward it, I just cannot take one for our team, sorry! But doesn't look like the witch is in this vlog!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I was VERY surprised she managed to get a prescription for accutane for acne, it’s a really powerful drug with unpleasant and in some cases, dangerous side effects (suicidal thoughts, organ failure for example). You have to have actual acne (not just a couple of spots) over the course of considerable months or years.

In my case, I had moderate acne which I’d had for a year and a bit, but as well as that I was also prescribed it was for the dreadful scarring my acne left behind when it flared up. Like dark red, purple marks that stayed for months (some even for a couple of years!)

Bad acne that could not be treated using other tried methods, or acne + scarring are the two reasons that I am aware you would be prescribed it. They definitely don’t just give it to anyone. I don't recall ever seeing her with with either acne nor scarring but maybe someone will correct me on that. I don’t even remember seeing her with many/any spots over the years.

They are actually strict about who they prescribe this to, you can only be prescribed by a dermatologist. If you go to a doctor, they refer you to one.

In most cases you will need to have tried other medications first (antibiotics, or that horrible smelling roll on thing for example) and if they didn’t work they will then consider accutane.

Yeah, I’m no expert but I looked into it a lot before taking it. I am very confused about how she got it. Perhaps she went private and perhaps it’s easier to get private? God knows.

I hope it worked out for your sister ❤
Or you know, she never had the medication...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Couldn't the filler doc, Dr Ayad, have written a prescription? She has the $ to go private and he has the capability to write that prescription, correct?

Again, yes, meds taken for various needs can have side effects on mood and mental health. However, meds did not cause all her strategic lies and customer service for Globy and that Feb video. Meds do not cause years of this behavior causing many brands to drop her and agencies not want to work with her. Meds do not cause her lazy and late behavior regarding PR products and advertising.

She's claiming that med she was on for a short time caused her behavior from years prior and all that has happened after?

Her career will continue to crash and burn as long as she never addresses her behavior and arrogance.
I remember she had a woman dermatologist, but I don't know where she practices. If she works in the same clinic as Ayyad or somewhere else.

Reactions: 11
I agree + I had a friend on it with severe cystic acne and she had to be on the pill and absolutely no alcohol. Can we remember Lydia drinking ANY alcohol at all from March 23 specifically? It’s easily checked and I don’t recall her giving up wine during this period.

In fact, I remember her opening a bottle straight after the Glóby shoot even when Aldi said he hadn’t eaten since lunch and I think that was at 4pm
Yep - it’s about four minutes in on the blog launching my brand - they are one bottle deep and opening another and Aldi is feeling tipsy cos they haven’t eaten.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I know that it's well known that Accutane could affect someone's mental health. But as I said, some Docs are not sure about it any more. If it's only correlation but also causation in this case. I used the puberty thing as one example.
I suffer from adult acne, and I am not allowed to take Accutane, because I don't use hormonal contraception (I am ace, I just don't sleep with guys, gives me no joy, stresses me out, but the Docs don't care :mad: they think everyone wants to duck), I also suffer from depression, now imagine I start Accutane and wait that the acne goes away, but it becomes worse, and I wait month for month, and it doesn't seem to help, that for sure would me make more depressed).
But you can see, you got monitored to be on the safe side, what's with her. Was she not monitored? She is such a liar and blame shifter.

I also thought of that. But then I thought it was too far fetched. But then again, it's Lydia.
Really sorry that you’re not allowed to have it. It’s really such a pain re the contraception.

Me, the dermatologist and the nurse sat there around my cup of pee waiting for the pregnancy test to come back was NOT a vibe, not was the constant pestering about contraception by my doc, derm and even the pharmacy when I went to go collect my prescription.

I really hope your acne clears up without help, or that you find something that helps.

Back to our Lidl, she will have had to go to appointments each month for it, and drink absolutely minimal alcohol at a push (but recommended not to at all) the latter of which I would question she could do as @Milking Keynes said!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Couldn't the filler doc, Dr Ayad, have written a prescription? She has the $ to go private and he has the capability to write that prescription, correct?

Again, yes, meds taken for various needs can have side effects on mood and mental health. However, meds did not cause all her strategic lies and customer service for Globy and that Feb video. Meds do not cause years of this behavior causing many brands to drop her and agencies not want to work with her. Meds do not cause her lazy and late behavior regarding PR products and advertising.

She's claiming that med she was on for a short time caused her behavior from years prior and all that has happened after?

Her career will continue to crash and burn as long as she never addresses her behavior and arrogance.
Most likely not, he isn’t a dermatologist and in the UK it can only be prescribed from a consultant and the prescription can only be filled at a hospital based pharmacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

I agree although my dermatologist said it was very rare. I was on Accutane for 6 months in 2018 (age 35) and at month 3 I felt so depressed and anxious all the time. Within 2 months of completing course, I started to feel better.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This came up in my suggestions 🙊
1643827217634.png
1643827307391.png

I hate that monkey so much, but I couldn't resist

How to blame the wife when the husband did the tit 101:
1643827395544.png

Oh no, the Feng Shui
1643827479734.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Why don't you get the pill prescribed but not take it, just throw each daily pill in the bin.

When I was on Accutane i had to take a pregnancy test into my derm appointment every month and confirm verbally with the pharmacist i wasn't pregnant. I am based in the UK. I have read the rules are more strict in the USA (you have to sign a document to confirm you are using 2 methods of contraception). Not sure where you are based though.

It may be worth a try. I can,t see how you would be caught out really.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Why don't you get the pill prescribed but not take it. They wont know.
I did this when pestered to take the mini pill after giving birth. I had a bad experience with it as a teenager. So I took the prescription and put the packet in my cupboard and forgot about it

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Sorry that's Moncler done for me now ( shame is I have bloody 5 of them ..... Italian staple don't you know for winter .. highly recommend even for the price ..but GRRRRRRRRRRR)....... duck me are no brands sacred anymore ... GET ME WINE NOW! :mad:
Have Moncler as well...screw the wine, how do we feel about very expensive whisky? Not sure Tom will be extremely enthusiastic about me consuming his 15+ years ones out of frustration, but oh well. I'll make it up to him😈😈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Why don't you get the pill prescribed but not take it. They wont know.
Don't they see it in the urine or blood work?
Now I can't take it anyway, in the meantime I started course of meds for my mental health and one of them is heavy on the liver. I was so outraged, humiliated and sad when I went to the derm, and she insisted I have to take the pill, I was already in my 30ies and never took anything like that. I can't just start with hormones for shits and giggles.
I felt devalued and reduced, my opinion didn't matter. I always think, what do they tell lesbians, for example? I think I am in general overly sensitive regarding that topic since had so many bad experiences with people. I am upfront about myself, but everyone thinks they know better than me.
I have the feeling that women have it hard to acquire certain valuable medication or procedures, just because they are the one being able to carry a child. But there are two people in this, not only one. I mean, this is a discussion for some different thread.

I did this when pestered to take the mini pill after giving birth. I had a bad experience with it as a teenager. So I took the prescription and put the packet in my cupboard and forgot about it
I never came to that idea. I think my anxiety to get figured out would've spiked during all the months. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So, I’m back (it was a painless checkup - all intact except wallet €€€)

Anyhow, back to the podcast. As @Oops said, zero blame on her side for failure of Glóby
‘First thing I said to Jacqueline - I have nowhere to put this negative energy. J said why are you absorbing it? This is not yours to hold on to. I was like - all these years - 10yrs - I was storing this and nobody told me this. When I posted those comments, I felt I would get more of them but now I don’t get anything.. and it’s the moment you shift your focus from negative energy to positive energy it just disappears. I used to think I was the only person who’s getting this. I’m not the only one with a you tube channel and instagram. I think if anyone’s feeling the same way, overwhelmed with negative energy, change it - you don’t have to exist this way. My life coach taught look only at the facts, not opinions. If someone says Lydia, you are on another planet, it’s an opinion, not a fact so I go through every single comment - my brain like a roladex - opinion, opinion, opinion... until I find a fact, it’s not for me to take on board.
This is where life coaching is stupid and just wrong, if someone says Lydia you are on another planet.. that would be a fact as you’re round the bend. FACT.
If someone said Lydia you’re jealous it’s would be a fact as your are. Just because you can’t admit who and what you are doesn’t make it an opinion. Where does the life coaching come into about all the compliments she receives? If someone says lydia you’re a queen, this would be an opinion. If someone says lydia your have really great fashion sense, that’s an opinion. If some goes “oh Lydia I really like your garden and house” it would be an opinion, if they said you’re really good at growing veg and your hairs never look better they would be bullshitting you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I was VERY surprised she managed to get a prescription for accutane for acne, it’s a really powerful drug with unpleasant and in some cases, dangerous side effects (suicidal thoughts, organ failure for example). You have to have actual acne (not just a couple of spots) over the course of considerable months or years.

In my case, I had moderate acne which I’d had for a year and a bit, but as well as that I was also prescribed it was for the dreadful scarring my acne left behind when it flared up. Like dark red, purple marks that stayed for months (some even for a couple of years!)

Bad acne that could not be treated using other tried methods, or acne + scarring are the two reasons that I am aware you would be prescribed it. They definitely don’t just give it to anyone. I don't recall ever seeing her with with either acne nor scarring but maybe someone will correct me on that. I don’t even remember seeing her with many/any spots over the years.

They are actually strict about who they prescribe this to, you can only be prescribed by a dermatologist. If you go to a doctor, they refer you to one.

In most cases you will need to have tried other medications first (antibiotics, or that horrible smelling roll on thing for example) and if they didn’t work they will then consider accutane.

Yeah, I’m no expert but I looked into it a lot before taking it. I am very confused about how she got it. Perhaps she went private and perhaps it’s easier to get private? God knows.

I hope it worked out for your sister ❤
Thanks! Hope yours worked out. It worked beautifully for my sister and she's been clear ever since.... and she's 48! So thankful for medications like this for those who actually need it!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Congratulations to our @Elle Belle for a brilliant thread title with 63 votes! 🍾🥂🎈🏅🏆

Thanks to everybody who voted in the poll about the cause of Lydia's headaches. Alcohol consumption was the favourite ...and in second place....reading Tattle on her phone! When you know, you know!

Chapter No. 1
2021 THE BOOK
Joys of simple Elsie's life

THE DAWN OF A NEW THREAD.
Hope over experience.
Recap. LIVING SEASONALLY. Marshmallow skies.
Doona dresses. Eye eye.
Padded peplum gilets. CINCHED. Vlogs. Author.
DESIGNER DESIGNS. Sausage dogs as steeds.
Oversized bespoke tailoring. Farmhouse Fridays. DRUNKEN HIKES.
Dead ferns. Manifesting beams.
Large knives, small carrots. RECIPE FOR DISASTER.
Day of the shoot. Headaches.

Creative dump in the field. OLIVE. Sage. Fig. Tablescrape art.
SUNDAY ROASTS. Burnt. Watering can as gravy boat.
Change your teaset.
Prairie pumpkin. Heartless hair styles. CHIN STRAPS.
FAKE BAGS. Unwilling unboxings. Spuddle muddle.
Monsieur. KITCHEN MASSAGES.
Butchers block. Lost in The Districts. Disturbing sheep.
FIRE ESCAPES.
Month of no shopping. CLICK BAIT DIOR. No content.
What does all this mean?

View attachment 1031772
You are so good!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Does anyone know what she meant when she said her last podcast appearance was bad?
To all life coaching graduates: If you have a "bad experience", it is entirely up to you. Nobody is responsible for how you feel except YOU. Blaming others for how you feel is just delegating responsibility. (excerpt from Coaching 101)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.