Lydia Elise Millen #23 Linen is my jam, I'm Steve's no1 fan and Glo is just a scam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it might be a tanning product. It will be interesting to see. If it is, it’s one of the most basic products color wise. Very few brands do anything other than light, medium, deep/tan. Technically these colors are aimed at giving a range of bronzed shades for light to medium skin at best. Most people blessed with natural melanin won’t need it so I’m not sure inclusivity is as big an issue as it would be with makeup.

I honestly don’t believe Lydia has actually created any product. I think she’s found something she likes from a supplier and has had it labelled her way. This is how most people do it. Actually creating a product from scratch takes ALOT of time, research and MONEY! She hasn’t even paid for photography which would be a fraction of the cost of product development. All I can see Lydia selling is overpriced, cheap products she’s bulk bought from China.

There have been mass delays in goods coming in from China over here in Australia since Covid 19 restrictions. There have been supply chain issues in China. I wonder if that could be the cause of delay

Almost forgot... the name change would mean repackaging/labelling... more delay issues. A bit of honesty goes a long way and I think people would have sympathy for her if she had issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
I have second hand embarrassment for her!! We know her better than she knows herself.

Reactions: 18
I totally get what you mean regarding makeup shades, what I was leaning towards was more to do with her telling us that she was aware that a lot of black women follow her and then she chose to create a fake tan when this is a product a black woman does not need, therefore not catering to a large portion of her followers (allegedly). She’s alienating a lot of followers instantly by releasing a product they can’t purchase to support her and is useless to them.

Reactions: 17
I’m pretty confident she ordered “her product” from Aliexpress. Any influenza I ever followed that actually created and produced something of their own always filmed themselves visiting the factories. That is just a right thing to do from marketing perspective.

Reactions: 22
EXACTLY! It’s great content and makes you feel like you’re part of the process in a small way. She never leaves her bungalow! Aliexpress indeed

Reactions: 15
Her 'TEAM' bawahahahahahahaha.....seriously who needs a team when you are an 'infuencer'

Reactions: 13
Yesterday an ad popped up on my page for customized boxes on the wholesale side of Alibaba. The boxes were like the one Lydiot showed on her vlog. I am wondering if Elementary Brands is middle manning this deal and she doesn't realise it. She could think that she developed a product when in reality she was played by E Brands and it's just a generic product. There are a $hitload of those identical mitts already for sale which makes it hardly a game changer. E Brands' site and Instagram looked shady as hell. Is this her Glo mitt? https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.76c11d26RvZZej

Reactions: 22
I actually started crying I was laughing so hard!

Reactions: 9
Yes! And you can get a monogram sewn on by some poor Chinese factory worker!

Reactions: 10
PR company? Since when?

Reactions: 4
Her 'TEAM' bawahahahahahahaha.....seriously who needs a team when you are an 'infuencer'
Her team needs fired ! Honestly take away the personal Lydia stuff, she has invested in this product (regardless if it’s white label or not) and so far it has been a disaster! The name was a sign of things to come, any idiot can google to see if another brand has the name. When the product finally launches it might sell well, but that will just be her ‘fans’ buying and it will look good on the surface but as a profitable, serious business brand it will be we be a success if she does not bring in some experts.
It’s a PR and business practice disaster, whoever decided not to put out the news they weren’t launching as expected needs shot, not how you build trust!! Then the statement, I’ve never seen anything so pretentious and self-involved.
All they needed to do was put up a notice at beginning of week, “as a new brand we have concluded this is not the right climate to launch a product. We can’t wait to share it with you in the near future.”
No need for a specific time (how stupid did that look!) and to bring BLM into it was self indulgent, we all very clearly know what the current climate regards!!

BTW, I’m not convinced it’s tan, she has too good a brand partner in StTropez to ruin it and I don’t think she would have promoted the ByTerry CC serum so much off late if it was a similar product to that.
I could be completely wrong, but she would have dropped the CC serum use months ago If she was launching something similar, then again every thing has been a disaster so far!!

Reactions: 23
Could you PLEASE summarise every vlog like this m?
that was extremely funny and accurate!
That’s exactly what I thought!
“Ok fine, neeeeext one”
I really believe, that the amount along “happiness” this things bring her is shown on camera and that’s it. She never uses the shit she orders and never thinks of it again.

Reactions: 5
Spot on

Reactions: 5
good points

Reactions: 2
I agree. I keep thinking she is t going to be producing a beauty product as this will ruin any potential sponsorships. A beauty tool would be more apt, however, she isn’t going to get constant sales from this when the product runs out. I am still betting on a tanning spray gun.

Reactions: 4
brilliant - very clever

Reactions: 3
I agree with the poster that posted this is likely to be white labelled product & packaging etc. The rushed manner from trademark app, to marketing launch photo in back garden demonstrates that.

Damage limitation would be to hold her hands up and say this product it not inclusive and she’s holding back her launch to ensure when she launches her products will be a range for all or something along the lines of that. Tanning mitts etc will still sell ...people will still want to sled tan and that’s fine safer than sunbathing or those tan machines I guess?
She demonstrated how not to launch a product ... let’s hope all these influencers realise that honesty and integrity are key on a platform, in job or in business and dare I say politics (where we rarely see it!)

Wanted to add that as a WOC whilst I don’t tan I would consider a product for a ‘glow’ to enhance my own skin colour? Guess some moisturisers do that already ...but nonetheless I’m sure a clever marketing person could come up with a non tanning product for natural skin colour glow would sell?

Reactions: 13
I remember one of the first videos I watched (before I was turned off her and before I discovered you all) because she was decorating a house, she received a gift from her house painter and I am sure she barely thanked him and just dropped it on the floor near her tree. I remember thinking at the time how rude that looked, I sort of thought maybe I had misunderstood it all because all I had seen was her laughing and joking with her painter. But now I think, no she probably was that rude.

I have just had a thought, just watched the table cloth wrapped around the head video and after reading what someone said about the video needing to promote whatever your selling, maybe she is flogging teeth whitening stuff. Glowing teeth? She flashes her teeth in this video

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.