Luisa Zissman #3 Insta ads coming thick and fast, now nobody even listens to the podcast

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think since changing from loose lips to Luanna they’ve tried to make themselves more like a brand, like with the tour and merch. Not necessarily a bad move but that might be why is it seems like Anna doesn’t call Luisa out when she’s discriminatory/sexist/racist. Btw Lu, having a black friend doesn’t mean you aren’t racist! It’s like they try to much to show a united front and stay ‘on brand’.

Reactions: 10
Its funny because in the loose lips days they never had to beg for content or reviews, they were genuinely funny and didnt really give a tit, people liked them and thats how they got popular. But somethings changed in them, i dont know if its entitlement or wether bad comments really started getting to them and they now present as a more united front that no one can get to, whereas they used to have different views and not be afraid to talk about them. Its a shame because i really enjoyed the podcast back in the early days but luisas attitude really stinks at the moment, i can sense she is not that happy within herself she even admits she stuggles with weight issues but it may be deeper than that, and feels the need to put up a wall which anna has started doing too. Its a shame as they are no longer relatable and imo just seems downright fed up with them at times its just such an awkward vibe. Theyve even said themselves this is their job now whereas they used to do it for fun so maybe that might have something to do with it
I agree. I think that the old podcast was quite heavily filtered in terms of what they could and couldn't say. She's said before there were some issues surrounding that. I think when they left and got their own pod and the majority if not all the fans moved over with them it went to her head. It's hers now she can do and say whatever she likes and she obvs feels like people will still listen regardless. I agree with an above poster of them trying to make it a brand. They only had merch and a tour after they left loose lips.
Plenty of other podcasts have managed during lockdown, if anything they've got their success in lockdown so it's not that there's a lack of content as lockdown itself is content. I think another issue (aside from Luisa's attitude) is that they cram it with listener stories and features etc but they are just outrageous and probably not true. It's better to have less sections and more realistic stories. I really liked when they did the advice emails. Now it's just what is the most vulgar thing we can say to make people laugh (although it's not funny most of the time)

Reactions: 9
Hi jess, wondering if you could pass a wee message on to Lu & Anna for me because I know you will be on here at some point...

Loose Lips was a great wee podcast i can remember laughing out loud in my car while listening to it. You need to go back to the format there, yes have a wee chat about your own lives if anything funny has happened at the start. Then pick a couple of news storys each week & maybe do some actual research on them so you can form your view/opinion in advance. Because the last time I listened it came across like Imo had picked some headlines & it was the first time you'd heard of them so neither of you really said anything or had all the facts. Do a wee agony aunt section with a listeners dilemma, again this is a good time to speak about your own lives in relation to whatever the issue is. I think yous need to ditch isolation game of the week if I'm honest, its like listening to someone else's zoom quiz. Keep weirdo of the week. If your going to do rant of the week maybe again pick a news story/current affair to rant about & you could both say a wee bit. Also Anna stick up for yourself & back your own opinion, we know you don't always agree with Luisa so say your piece & own it.

Thanks
An ex-listener

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hi jess, wondering if you could pass a wee message on to Lu & Anna for me because I know you will be on here at some point...

Loose Lips was a great wee podcast i can remember laughing out loud in my car while listening to it. You need to go back to the format there, yes have a wee chat about your own lives if anything funny has happened at the start. Then pick a couple of news storys each week & maybe do some actual research on them so you can form your view/opinion in advance. Because the last time I listened it came across like Imo had picked some headlines & it was the first time you'd heard of them so neither of you really said anything or had all the facts. Do a wee agony aunt section with a listeners dilemma, again this is a good time to speak about your own lives in relation to whatever the issue is. I think yous need to ditch isolation game of the week if I'm honest, its like listening to someone else's zoom quiz. Keep weirdo of the week. If your going to do rant of the week maybe again pick a news story/current affair to rant about & you could both say a wee bit. Also Anna stick up for yourself & back your own opinion, we know you don't always agree with Luisa so say your piece & own it.

Thanks
An ex-listener
^agree with this. Too much focus on trying to be funny instead of being naturally funny which it was before. I'd scrap weirdo of the week personally cause it's just sensationalised now. It was good at the beginning but now it's just bleeping disgusting. Most of them I think, that cannot be true and I'm as gullible as they come!

ETA: I like the news stories but I'd rather them talk about the big topics instead of just picking small funny ones

Reactions: 5
I listened to one of their recent podcasts earlier today; it's very much Luisa led with Anna sucking up to her.

Thanks
An ex-listener
Nail on the head! Really hope they see this. Another ex listener

• Heart
Reactions: 3
^agree with this. Too much focus on trying to be funny instead of being naturally funny which it was before. I'd scrap weirdo of the week personally cause it's just sensationalised now. It was good at the beginning but now it's just bleeping disgusting. Most of them I think, that cannot be true and I'm as gullible as they come!
Yeah thats a good point, maybe they need to move it over to the totally extra because its full of utter shite like people claiming to of been licked out by there dog etc. I stopped listening to the totally extra a bit before the main one because it was just full of utter tit. Also putting out a 15 min podcast is embarrassing & I swear it would still have an ad in it. Instead of weirdo if the week maybe fail of the week where people send in there worst funny/embarrassing fail because I'm sure there's loads with homeschool/working from home/general life & that could be their light hearted relief at the end. When they were in loose lips I think luisa must have been heavily filtered with what she could say regards her lifestyle etc to make her seem more down to earth. I know she still spoke about having a nanny & house keeper etc but she came across like she was still slightly grounded, thats totally gone now.

I listened to one of their recent podcasts earlier today; it's very much Luisa led with Anna sucking up to her.
Yes thats what I found last time I listened to one, they seem to think people tune in for luisa & its like anna is just there to big her up. But when they were loose lips I used to mostly agree with Anna on her opinion & the advice she would give out. I also find her funnier because she has some natural comedic story telling where as luisas way of being funny is doing accents & singing. I also thought the podcast anna missed because she had no WiFi was horrendous, Luisa did not manage well on her own! But I think anna could have pulled it off

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
You’re all so right. When they were on loose lips, she was a hit with everyone, even here!
Loose lips is producer led so was much better at keeping the content on point, current and ticking over. They were only hired presenters. Imo is lovely and does other podcasts really well, so it’s obviously that Luisa is too unhinged and overbearing to take an actual producers advice on it.
They obviously wanted more freedom and no issue with that, it’s just their idea of the content and how long they talk about utter tit, makes it boring and so off the spot with topical debates and happenings.
In a way I’m actually glad they’ve shown their true colours though as I loved them and the podcast before, but I’d rather be aware of how much they think their white privilege allows them the stage to talk about disability, skin colour with as much intellect as a gnat. It just shows that when you let someone’s real character leak into a diverse place, it’s not always what or who you thought they were. She may have access to money, but she’s certainly not been able to buy class with it.
Loose lips have a new presenter now, I didn’t like it when it initially changed, but I’m going to give it a listen and see if it’s any better with the new girl.

I might give it a go too! I've just found the episode where Luisa said about the boy in the supermarket being on the spectrum... just awful! You could actually hear Anna & Imo's intake of breath, why the duck didn't they pull her up on it?! They are meant to be pals which to me means you should be even more comfortable calling your pal out when there saying something you don't agree with. By not saying anything it just makes it look like you hold the same view

Reactions: 7
Yeah thats a good point, maybe they need to move it over to the totally extra because its full of utter shite like people claiming to of been licked out by there dog etc. I stopped listening to the totally extra a bit before the main one because it was just full of utter tit. Also putting out a 15 min podcast is embarrassing & I swear it would still have an ad in it. Instead of weirdo if the week maybe fail of the week where people send in there worst funny/embarrassing fail because I'm sure there's loads with homeschool/working from home/general life & that could be their light hearted relief at the end. When they were in loose lips I think luisa must have been heavily filtered with what she could say regards her lifestyle etc to make her seem more down to earth. I know she still spoke about having a nanny & house keeper etc but she came across like she was still slightly grounded, thats totally gone now.

Yes thats what I found last time I listened to one, they seem to think people tune in for luisa & its like anna is just there to big her up. But when they were loose lips I used to mostly agree with Anna on her opinion & the advice she would give out. I also find her funnier because she has some natural comedic story telling where as luisas way of being funny is doing accents & singing. I also thought the podcast anna missed because she had no WiFi was horrendous, Luisa did not manage well on her own! But I think anna could have pulled it off
I completely agree! I feel like Anna has a natural presenter vibe about her. You can tell that on the podcast. She's very mild but funny and natural.
I know people slate her for not standing up to Luisa and I'm not defending her but I can see why given the amount of tit Luisa gives her for wanting another baby after 40/not being as down to earth as she claims/not being as clean as she claims (these were just the recent ones).

Reactions: 7
I completely agree! I feel like Anna has a natural presenter vibe about her. You can tell that on the podcast. She's very mild but funny and natural.
I know people slate her for not standing up to Luisa and I'm not defending her but I can see why given the amount of tit Luisa gives her for wanting another baby after 40/not being as down to earth as she claims/not being as clean as she claims (these were just the recent ones).
Do you remember one episode I think it might have been back on loose lips & she told anna the dress she had on did nothing for her, Anna sounded gutted! I've had friends like Luisa in the past, put you down but play it off as just being "brutally honest".

Reactions: 18
Do you remember one episode I think it might have been back on loose lips & she told anna the dress she had on did nothing for her, Anna sounded gutted! I've had friends like Luisa in the past, put you down but play it off as just being "brutally honest".
I totally agree! Yet I bet if someone is brutally honest to her she absolutely hates it!

Reactions: 6
yes! I remember this. I think she does that because Anna is quite pretty. She looks good without make up and is just more naturally approachable and nice. She isn’t even overweight, but the only thing Luisa has over her is that she is smaller than her so she picks away at that to keep Anna thinking she’s not as good.
At least Anna works. Luisa is like sideshow Bob, doesn’t appear on tv anymore and is purely trying to survive on popularity through social media. She’s a has been.

Reactions: 15
yes! I remember this. I think she does that because Anna is quite pretty. She looks good without make up and is just more naturally approachable and nice. She isn’t even overweight, but the only thing Luisa has over her is that she is smaller than her so she picks away at that to keep Anna thinking she’s not as good.
Yes I agree - Anna is naturally really stunning and I really don’t like Luisa likes that, I’ve met people like that before too who claim to be the “blunt friend” but they are jealous and nasty. I thought Anna was quite intelligent and would click on to how Luisa is but I suppose she’s thinking of money from the pod. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I can see their friendship ending in a falling out at some point. Most people eventually get fed up of blunt, frenemy type ‘friends’ that make them feel like tit. I know in the past whenever I’ve been friends with anyone like that I’ve ditched them after a period of time.

Reactions: 11
Am I missing something. Is a thermomix that good that you have to take one/buy one on holiday?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.