Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Silentcritique

Chatty Member
Our point is literally that it’s the right thing to wear a mask exactly because it protects others, and to not do so is selfish… how embarrassing for you

Reactions: 3

backbabey

Yeah her latest post, she’s saying a lot but not really saying anything. Not quite sure I understand the message. She’s so brave?

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Eugh she can't even do an ad about hard seltzer without making it quirky af. WHY
That was really embarrassing. She tries far too hard to be quirky. I get it’s good to try and mix ads up and not look like everyone else but she just cringes me out.

I listened to the pod, it was what I expected of them. Essentially, Molly Mae's point was bad but also not bad because she's a woman in business succeeding...and people should have 'educated' her rather than leaving comments on her insta, oh and of course Tara's post on the subject was the best thing ever. Because Molly Mae would definitely listen to people trying to 'educate' her. Oh, and Lucy called herself a woman in business :unsure:

kissfm

I'm simply curious, how did the whatsapp group start? As in how did you do that behind everyones backs? Was there an anti nobs fb group or something?

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Why was she looking for volunteers if closing the group had been something she had ‘thought about for some time’?

I used to really like her but she is just such a try hard and would eat herself if she could.

Yeah, something just doesn't sit right with me when a very conventionally beautiful, white, thin and financially privileged straight girl with what seems to be a very base level understanding of politics and social issues posts some 2015 boss girl philosophy and gets reacted with "YASSS FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT!!!". I sorta wish she would sorta just stay in her fitness/PT lane because it's the reason why most followed her to begin with idk
I think she kind of blew up partially because of her (very good) post about Sarah Everard and is probably feeling quite pressured to keep up the content around feminism etc. even though her account started more fitness based. I think she's well intentioned but agree, a lot of her content feels a bit dated. Have to disagree on the very conventionally beautiful though lol

rdemp

I had the app before I realised I disliked Lucy, found it to be extremely glitchy and problematic on the first workout but gave it the benefit of the doubt for 2 more then deleted it. I’d paid for a month subscription so should’ve used the other 27 days worth but I couldn’t bear to use it anymore.

kissfm

As anyone actually used her app? There's zero way to see what you're getting up front. She keeps talking about how it's different, but never goes into the details of how exactly.
I have. I can’t really compare it to anything else but you get exercise guides both for the gym and home. There’s a few recipes (and they are good I have to admit) but overall the app has always been broken for me and it’s super buggy. I did like the exercises but so many things were off… only being able to use the app while using data, only being able to use it on your phone (I’d much prefer being able to use it on the TV when at home) and generally shitty bugs that would make the app crash several times during a workout, lags, it’s just not good as an app. And the customer service, albeit nice, felt a bit like an auto reply most times so I didn’t even want to bother contacting them about bugs. I honestly think the lack of calorie tracking (which I guess is her #1 selling point) isn’t perfect and if you could turn it on and off then that’d be a good medium - calories on the recipes for those of who are bulking, for example, and being able to switch them off for those who could be triggered yknow?

hellogrrrl

Chatty Member
She always bugs up these nobs video. The quality is great but it’s exactly the same message as the last one?

Also feel like the world is over wellness stage with the kale smoothies trend, get some new ideas that’s not ground breaking anti diet culture.
The new Nobs advert is just so… cringe. It just doesn’t come across as genuine at all. can’t help but feel she/her agency are trying to hit the mainstream now and £££ rather than the core Nobs audience that made her such a success in the first place!

also the NYE outfit last night was HORRENDOUS

thepantsqueen

VIP Member
Has she responded?
There were a few reponses. she essentially said she does pay her workers but she's looking for volunteers who may just want to do a few hours a week in exchange for a free subscription. Someone else then called her out on wanting help from social media professionals but then continued to ignore all advice given. That she is basically advertising an unpaid internship and the nobs community isn't a charity. She doubled down on herself then told people to leave if she didn't like it or she'll remove the people commenting negatively

Yeah she did. People made some good points actually about how if she wants moderator work done on her facebook group then she should fucking pay them, especially since that facebook group makes her profit in return and is an essential part of her brand. Lucy said that she was giving people a free app subscription and people did not have to volunteer if they didn't want too looool OH, and she pays her other staff well.

Literally asking for volunteering staff for an influencers facebook group I am doneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yep, on first glance I didn't see an issue with it but the points people made like you said about it lol benefiting her brand made me see sense 😂

• Haha

hellogrrrl

Chatty Member
Lmao at this !
Regardless of what this is trying to get at, I think it’s quite insensitive to even jokingly use weight loss as a marketing tool for her app?! Again doesn’t fit with her branding or the Nobs ethos of the past at all, may be (dare I say it) triggering for a number of her followers?!

emily287

I feel like she doesn't have a real personality and just does what either the boyfriend she's seeing at the time does or what other people are into on insta
Omg of course she doesn’t. Her only personality is going to the gym, the rest of copied from Gen Z. Example, look at her in these fucking glasses. She is in her 30s, come on

Also, let’s play a Tattle version of the nobs advent where we count how many of the small businesses are founded / run by non-white women ! I bet it’s less than half !

Attachments

Tilly87

It sounds like the Courtney black fb group, people asking things like "will I gain weight if I drink diet coke" and "if this recipe is for two people, do I count the calories for the whole thing or do I log half of it?"

• Haha

Crumpet41

VIP Member
It’s also worth noting that almost her whole team was white, except for one WOC who was in an unpaid position.
So basically the championing of POC shortly after George Floyd was murdered was nothing but for show. I guess the concept of institutional racism is lost on Lucy.

She's exactly the people she preaches she's not. She's a typical influencer with massive privilege and likes to pretend she doesn't. She's not relatable in the slightest and too try hard. She's very pretentious.
I think before she took off she was relatable - but then over time she has ( like so many other influencers ) have become unrelatable and have over inflated egos.

Literally this reeks of Styled by Susie and she ended up completely fucking up her business forever.
Who is styled by Susie? And what happened that led to the messing up of her business?

Last edited:

Westcoasthippydreamgirl

When the Facebook group started it was as an ‘exclusive’ perk to those who had a gym guide. Once she started posting workouts on her Instagram IGTV around new year she opened up the Facebook group to all who requested to join. It was where she initially advertised the nobs app, offering a special lifetime discount code to those who signed up.

I would agree. I think the nobs group could have grown into something lovely on a different level, if it had offered paid positions as well as increasing moderating (perhaps looking for some globally for close to 24hr monitoring), therefore immediately monitoring all comments. It’s just a shame that after all this, Lucy still says she didn’t think any of her business decisions were wrong or that she will accept criticisms about it. There is so much growth to be had by learning from your mistakes and getting things wrong and her adamance to not do that will only further hinder the nobs brand.
Literally this reeks of Styled by Susie and she ended up completely fucking up her business forever.