Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Imah

Chatty Member
I really like her stories & Instagram posts and in some ways can really relate to her. She seems lovely.

However, on the podcast it’s quite often she goes against what she preaches, particularly when it comes to body image and men. The dating episode shocked me, I think we can all look on past mistakes but she talks a lot about the things she did to impress the skater guy she was only seeing a few months ago despite pushing her ‘feminist’ agenda for quite a while now LOL.

Reactions: 2

Imah

Chatty Member
I wonder if this solo trip she is supposedly on is actually a solo trip or something she booked with a guy and has been dumped on…

• Haha

Apples87

As anyone actually used her app? There's zero way to see what you're getting up front. She keeps talking about how it's different, but never goes into the details of how exactly.
I use the current app and I used the old Aflete guide as well. The app is good, I have had issues barely ever (and I use a 5 year old iPhone 8 😅). I’ve recommended it to a friend and she really likes it too. There’s no weird exercises that make you feel like a dickhead and if you’re consistent you do get actual strength gains, I actually look forward to upper body now and I can do proper bench presses now.
Recipes are good and easy too. I know this is a gossip site but people who don’t like it must be either the wrong target (ie prefer hiit or glute exercises or not exercising) or are literally just being mad for the sake of being mad.
I’ve been a gym goer for years and it’s just a good, solid strength plan that works for most people.

hmsizzle

I don’t! Give me some hints.
There was some kick off about a message she had on a manicure she posted. She would post incessantly about every aspect of her life and it was always very dramatic and largely due to her not being very bright.

lmcn23

Does anyone else think she has split up with the new boyfriend? She’s been really sad for a week or two now
I think you’ve got it spot on! Did her live workout in today and those were defo the vibes I got, hope she’s ok :(

emily287

Maybe like a forum inside the nobs app where only subbed members can participate? I’m honestly a bit weirded out she’s not said almost anything about the nobs group closing down on insta? I was expecting some screenshots of tattle and tons of “sending all nobs love” or something
Hahaha, might restart my membership to get in on that. How the hell can they regulate something like that anyway?

Tbh I'm 100% sure that Lucy is reading this, whether it's through her obsessed followers screenshotting and sending them to her (to those ppl, you are literally a walking credit card to her, no seriously, she has no loyalty to you) or if she's on here herself. she thrives off stuff like this clearly, however she's not totally stupid and would know that no good would come from posting screenshots of this.

thepantsqueen

VIP Member
However I don’t have an issue with her models not being ‘societal norms’, I think that’s great and would be inclusive, however it’s twisted by the fact that she ONLY uses POC / disabled / fat models for her own benefit and that couldn’t be clearer ! She never posts about fat activism or BLM (except maybe for a day or two last year? When it was ‘trendy’ to be posting about it) Using models that aren’t the traditional white, slim cookie cutter is a really cool thing to do but she’s clearly doing it to get clicks etc which I HATE
This is exactly how I see it too

kissfm

Regardless of what this is trying to get at, I think it’s quite insensitive to even jokingly use weight loss as a marketing tool for her app?! Again doesn’t fit with her branding or the Nobs ethos of the past at all, may be (dare I say it) triggering for a number of her followers?!
I thought the same and completely agree like I get it’s a joke and all but i think it’s stupid as fuck?? I don’t think it was worth the pun at allll

anom1289

Sadly totally out of budget for me, even with my nobs discount. But I wish her all the success with it!
I could technically afford it but I really don’t like the idea of having a subscription to a fitness guide/app, feels like there will never be a good time to leave the subscription. At least with the pre purchased guides I can repeat them for free

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
I'm still dying to know why her and dan broke up lol. They had just moved into that huge (and probably mad expensive) apartment after launching a fitness app together. Seemed super sudden.
Tell me about it! They announced they were a couple (and had been for a few years) then a few weeks later they were done? So strange.

anom1289

Maybe I'm being too nit picky but...I feel like she uses POC for promotion and that's it. She doesn't have any black or Asian friends it seems in her real life and she doesn't ever seem to boost the profiles/account of POC. All I see is her hiring models but that's it.

A lot of what Lucy does seems to be bare minimum to just avoid being called out
I had the exact same thought as soon as I saw this pic

thepantsqueen

VIP Member
I’m not sure what’s worse about the new ad, her hair & make up or her commitment to diversity that’s only apparent when she’s trying to make some money.
this!!! She's so tokenistic it's unreal. I've said this loads I know but she really could use her time to promote and boost Black and Asian women PT businesses, or businesses in general but she doesn't. Instead they only matter to her when she's trying to sell shit.

Corona

VIP Member
But they don’t offer much protection so this conversation is irrelevant. You pretty much argued my point when you said that comment.
If they don’t offer much protection what is the point in wearing them?
To stop spreading your covid germs to other people!!

anom1289

This is also one of the reasons I found the whole #getyerfaceout thing low-key judgemental/shaming of people who do wear makeup and/or use filters. I dunno, I feel like if some people do feel more confident wearing makeup/using filters then that's okay and we shouldn't harp on about it? Obviously celebrating your bare face regardless of the condition of your skin is great but some people aren't ready to do that and they shouldn't be made to feel weird about it.

Same with the 'no progress pics' thing with Lucy's guides. I completely get the idea in principle and for someone like Lucy who is already slim I can see how getting bogged down in comparing your body to a slightly leaner, fitter body could be damaging. However, it's also totally okay for people to want to see their progress as they lose weight/get fitter, share how proud they are of it or want to see the results a guide they're spending money on could give them before they buy it.

I guess that's one of the issues I have with the body positivity movement in general at times. It can veer so easily into toxic positivity. Feeling neutral or even occasionally negative about your appearance is not allowed. You have to love yourself all the time. I feel like Team Nobs really got like that the longer it went on.
Totally agree with this. Especially the last point, it’s like you wouldn’t be able to ask in the group for healthy weight loss tips if you genuinely wanted to make a change, which is so ok if you want to do that for yourself!!