Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hellogrrrl

Chatty Member
Presumably Lucy has a shittonne of ££, what the fuck is this outfit?! P.s Merry Christmas, but this was just too hideous not to post
BA275CE9-4100-4AAF-AD3E-13581C354228.png

Reactions: 2

Tilly87

I find this as well, she comes across as she's really above it with the constant trying to be quirky but it just comes across as pretentious.

hellogrrrl

Chatty Member
Is the new group real? Anyone know the name? I can't find it anywhere and I'm blocked on insta hahaha
It’s literally just called “nobs” on Facebook as far as I can see, it has the collegiate style logo similar to the app as the main picture.

It does seem to be exactly the same but with a ban on the n o b s word being used for anything other than Lucy’s owned page. There are a few Guides on how to conduct yourself, trigger warnings etc

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
I already said this earlier on but I seriously think some of the posts were just attention seeking (this isn't RE: to mental health problems or dangerous living conditions btw!!). I recall one person in particular who'd post about their bizzare issues like thrice a day to the point where it's like seriously? You again? What is it that you want? Puppy pics or a coconut kinder bueno cake ad off aldi?
I do get it though, I know exactly what it's like when you have no one else to talk to, but especially if you're from a relatively small place and you're out there describing things about your private life so in depth... It's just unsafe and not anonymous, I mean, the world is small. Perhaps it's for the best it got shut down. Although it'd make a ton more sense to delete the group altogether but that'd be bad for business I guess
I remember there would often be the same people just posting the most inane nonsense, like 'Anyone know where I can find [insert thing you can easily Google]?'

soph30

VIP Member
the outer arm is quite a visible place- I would have gone for the inner arm for her first one. Nothing wrong with outer arm tattoos that are nice but she’s an insipid pick me hun, that placement’s for bolder, cooler people ;)

hellogrrrl

Chatty Member
I have SO many issues with her latest advert. Her use of WOC within it is extremely tokenistic, they are clearly there because she wants to be seen to be inclusive when you look at her life and she just isn't. But my main issue with it is that the WOC that are in the advert are all 'serving' her or are somehow 'below' her.
Examples:
1 - At the start of the advert, all the women are asleep ON LUCY. It reminds me of when the cult members would argue over who got to sleep with Charles Manson that night. She's the one who's already awake and they wake up around her, with her in the centre.
2 - When they're in the kitchen making the smoothie, it looks like they're making it FOR Lucy.
3 - At the end, all these WOC move to the side to make way for Lucy.

All of it reminds me of this cover of Vogue India, which is extremely problematic (Vogue INDIA putting a white woman in the centre of the cover with two light skinned WOC either side of her)

Also another comment on the advert was from a user who commented:
'Happy to see that you've incorporated captions, but I'm struggling to read them even at full size on a tablet because they are so small, the font isn't clear and the contrast is very variable'.

And that sums Lucy up perfect in my opinion. I know from my own job that to add subtitles etc you have to do them within certain parameters, meaning they have to be this font size and be this colour so it's inclusive and you know, actually helpful. However, Lucy won't have researched that, she will have just seen 'Oh it's the new thing to put captions on your videos so I'm going to do that to look inclusive' when in fact by not researching what is actually needed by those who use captions, she's not helped anyone !!

Lastly, what was her fucking birthday outfit. I'm starting to think her account must be satire by now. I mean, it's got to be.
I knew there was something extremely off about it, it’s this. She could have had them saying a line or two even, in between her lines, but that doesn’t happen. They’re just silent and a bit like house servants or something. It’s creepy

emily287

this post has 35 likes on the fb post in the group… can’t believe Lucy killed her massive facebook group instead of apologising for the post she made and paying someone she expects to work for her
She’s truly pathetic - you’ll never succeed if you can’t take criticism.

Reactions: 1

Larrylamb

She’s like 30 years old but is obsessed with living and styling her entire look and life like she’s a qUiRkY gen z

soph30

VIP Member
On the one hand, nothing wrong with that, it's not like you have to wear a babushka scarf once you hit 30, but on the other hand, for someone who preaches body positivity and authenticity so much I'd expect them to just be themselves. I guess that's hard to do when you're sooo involved with social media and surrounded by all these 16 year old trendsetters
Social media’s just TikTok these days and I’ve got better things to do with my time than watch inane 30 second videos :) Like Tattle

thepantsqueen

VIP Member
Oh, another thing, sorry for posting so often, but I just had to say it - the nobs app is so shit? It's so bugged and I can't be the only one with this issue? I bought a sub right after launch and it was unusable, it crashed mid workouts, I had to restart them all the time, it just wasn't user friendly at all. I then gave it a second chance sometime after a new version was released and I'd gotten a new phone so I thought it'd work for sure this time but the same thing happened and I barely got two full workouts out of it. Every time I'd contact support they'd ask me to send videos of the issue? How? How am I meant to predict a crash was going to happen. Isn't this sort of ... their job to figure out? Anyways, to think you'd get a sub to a very badly made app in exchange for free labour. Big yikes. I wonder how much money they get each month off the app
Yes! It's sooooo bad! Half the time the videos don't work and it's so irritating

soph30

VIP Member
Yeah the sunglasses normally mean you want to hide your eyes even on a hot day haha

Cloff

VIP Member
I saw someone mention here once (on this thread or another one) that Lucy’s deadlift form is really bad, she posted videos of her doing deadlifts today, can anyone point out why her form is bad? Not taking her side or anything, genuinely curious as I’m still learning a lot about form especially with deadlifts!View attachment 1014830
Your back needs to be completely flat with no arch. Focus on pushing your bum back as far as possible and allowing the knees to bend naturally with the movement.

Her form doesn’t look terrible there tbh but she could be flatter