Lucy Mecklenburgh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t it damaging for newborns to sleep that long? I had to feed my newborn every 4 hours because of his low birth weight but I also remember my midwife saying long stretches without feeding can cause low blood sugar.
You want a baby to wake frequently in the night to establish feeding (hormones are released at night--they increase milk supply if the baby feeds) and also because a frequently waking baby is less at risk of sudden unexpected infant death syndrome. If they are in deep sleep whilst still so little, they should be woken. Her midwife/HV should be advising her this.

Reactions: 8
No I agree,my baby is 9 months and I've used an app to track sleep and he's still a frequent night time waker. I feel like what she is using is unnecessarily focused on "efficiency" and that does not sit right with me at all. It just seems her focus is getting her baby to sleep through the night as soon as possible. Each to their own but it sends out a negative message to vulnerable mothers post partum about babies sleep
You’re definitely right about the efficiency, babies are babies they wake up that’s what they do. It is really disheartening hearing all these Instagram people talking about how good their babies sleep if yours doesn’t you do start to feel like a bit of a failure. I was there and had a hard word with myself. I just wanted to point out there are benefits for any Mams reading the thread 😀

Reactions: 4
Isn’t it damaging for newborns to sleep that long? I had to feed my newborn every 4 hours because of his low birth weight but I also remember my midwife saying long stretches without feeding can cause low blood sugar.
Agreed my baby had low blood sugars so was the same from we were in hospital and still advised to wake for feed if they don’t wake but my wee man is a hungry wee thing so wakes up lol I prefer that though cause I panic and check he’s ok even when he is sleeping. She doesn’t send good messages to people who have have babies especially when we are all sleep deprived

Reactions: 1
I think her explaining the results of the app so poorly and irresponsibly is the problem here. Her baby didn’t sleep 7 hours straight, he slept 7hrs total with wake ups in between. Which is more normal but her not making that clear is dangerous and could lead other new, vulnerable mums into thinking they were doing something wrong because their baby did differently. She needs to realise that with “influence” comes responsibility and never more so than when influencing motherhood. New mums can be incredibly fragile, there should be restrictions on who and what can be targeted at them. Preferably not this halfwit.

Reactions: 7
I think her explaining the results of the app so poorly and irresponsibly is the problem here. Her baby didn’t sleep 7 hours straight, he slept 7hrs total with wake ups in between. Which is more normal but her not making that clear is dangerous and could lead other new, vulnerable mums into thinking they were doing something wrong because their baby did differently. She needs to realise that with “influence” comes responsibility and never more so than when influencing motherhood. New mums can be incredibly fragile, there should be restrictions on who and what can be targeted at them. Preferably not this halfwit.
This! She could cause a lot of baby neglect and mums feeling low thinking they are doing something wrong. So dangerous 🙁

Reactions: 3
I think she has had her lips re done !!! Totally nessacary right Lucy 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Shouldn’t be doing it while she’s breastfeeding either, it’s extremely unlikely to cause harm but it’s not been proven safe either and no studies done on it, I’m dying to get my frown between my eyebrows botoxed but won’t until I’ve finished breastfeeding

Reactions: 1
I think she has had her lips re done !!! Totally nessacary right Lucy 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Trouble is, vacuous, self-obsessed airheads like her, with nothing to offer but flogging tit with her fake face would consider that an ‘essential journey’. Hopefully influencing dies of corona

Reactions: 4
Ok seriously why is she so obsessed with this baby’s sleep? It’s beyond bizarre.

An app to track his sleep?!?!! He’s a month old! ‘Roman woke and was resettled’ Roman is a newborn baby!!! Give him a cuddle and feed him!

I could honestly tear my hair out at her ignorance, it’s staggering. The phrases ‘sleep efficiency’ and ‘a good night’ in terms of such a tiny, tiny baby are really damaging. What was she expecting? Really?! Imagine if the poor boy had reflux or colic and was up all hours of the night - would she still be measuring his progress via an app then?

Even if he doesn’t, babies like cuddles, babies wake up at night - it’s the biological norm. Sleeping is NOT how you measure a baby’s ‘goodness.’

She desperately needs educating, this is worrying.
100% agree with this, her bestie Lydia is doing similar too, trying to keep her 5 week old baby awake in the daytime in the misguided quest to make her sleep of a night so “she doesn’t keep mummy up all night” 😡 the pair of them shouldn’t have bothered having a baby if they don’t wanna get up in the night to tend to a baby, their really is no need at all to be monitoring the sleep of such a young baby, it’s this kind of crap which leads to gross misconceptions about how babies should sleep which in turn leads to potentially damaging parenting practices such as ‘sleep training’, like leaving the baby to scream alone in their cot because the mother believes the baby should just fall asleep on their own and need nothing from them until the morning, I can 100% see Lydia and Lucy doing crap like this if their babies aren’t sleeping through the night after 3 months old

Reactions: 5
Yeh coz no one has ever breastfed their baby before Lucy
I think you’ll find Lucy is the first person ever to have breastfed. Just like Jack Monroe is the first person to ever combine tinned foods and eat them.

(Sarcasm obviously)

Bloody hell - size 2 teats at a month old?! She really just wants him asleep all the time didn’t she? She’s now realising that having a baby isn’t like having a doll.

• Sad
Bloody hell - size 2 teats at a month old?! She really just wants him asleep all the time didn’t she? She’s now realising that having a baby isn’t like having a doll.
Well that’s a mistake. Breastfed babies should stay on size 1 teats no matter how old otherwise they can develop a preference for bottle feeding as it’s quicker. Bet she’s not paced feeding either 🤦🏼‍♀️

I think she had my son she would lose her mind, he’s nearly 2 and still often wakes in the night and he’s up by 5am every day 🤣 it’s so normal for babies to wake in the night, makes me so sad because it will make new mums feel like they’re doing something wrong or question if their milk isn’t filling baby up etc. Makes me so angry

Reactions: 9
Again, it’s stuff like this that’s dangerous for someone with her following to put out there.
In the year that I’ve been breastfeeding, I’ve never had anything bad said to me about doing it in public. I’ve seen people look, realise what I’m doing, look awkward, look away and that’s about it. Someone I know was like, I have no issue with people breastfeeding but when I see it I don’t want the woman to think I was staring or judging or anything and I can understand that awkwardness.
She’s perpetuating all these misconceptions about how if you are breastfeeding every time you do it someone will make you leave the cafe or someone will say something and the reality is that it’s not as common as she’s making out. It’s stuff like that that puts people off breastfeeding.

Reactions: 8
I am currently breastfeeding my second baby and I have never had a negative comment given to me whilst I’ve fed in public with either of them. I know not everyone has had such an experience, but in a lot of places people go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Lucy even says herself that she’s never breastfed in public, so why not wait until she has had the experience before making such a big deal about something? As others have said, it’s going to put other people off of doing it.

Reactions: 9
I breastfed my first for 17 months and never got a negative comment from anyone. I even had a lady come up to me who’d seen me with her as a tiny baby when I was breastfeeding her at about a year and she told me she could remember me feeding her when she was diddy and that I should be proud of myself for making it so far 😭

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.