Lucy Mecklenburgh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to have to send her a message and ask this, i’ll probably be branded a troll but this is ridiculous she’s completely clueless.

I’m not going to be mean i’ll just say it might be worth lowering her expectations. I always thought any time my daughter slept through before her 1st birthday was a bonus. She’s 5 now and still comes into my room every now and then because she’s had a bad dream.
100% agree, she will be a lot happier and more relaxed if she lowered her expectations, in fact she should bin them completely as there really is no telling how well a baby is going to sleep, and she needs to hear that it’s normal for a 5 week old to wake frequently, my 12 month old still wakes frequently in the night 🙃

Reactions: 5
Who has said their baby slept through at 5 weeks?! I’d be seriously worried if my baby hadn’t of woken every couple of hours to be fed at that age!! Their stomachs are tiny and need filling regularly...day AND night!! Why has no one told her that?! Had to unfollow Lydia weeks ago...so unrealistic!!!
Specially when they are breastfed, my baby is nearly 7 months and likes to still wake up every 2 hours 🥴😂 welcome to real motherhood Lucy 😴

Reactions: 7
Who has said their baby slept through at 5 weeks?! I’d be seriously worried if my baby hadn’t of woken every couple of hours to be fed at that age!! Their stomachs are tiny and need filling regularly...day AND night!! Why has no one told her that?! Had to unfollow Lydia weeks ago...so unrealistic!!!
Yes I had to unfollow Lydia when she posted about trying to keep the baby awake of a daytime to make her sleep better of a night, I was disgusted that at only 5 weeks in she’s already had enough and is trying to manipulate the baby’s sleep in unnatural and unrealistic ways which are going to be stressful to her, she hasn’t got a clue, don’t know why Debbie isnt stepping in and telling her you can’t stop a 5 week old baby from sleeping of a daytime, also it’s protective against sids for them to wake of a night, which they are still very vulnerable to at 5 weeks old
I’m honestly astonished at the pair of them deliberately having a baby then moaning and complaining about having to parent said baby during the night time

Reactions: 15
She’s moaning this morning yet again about lack of sleep 🥱 I’m confused as to what she expected. Maybe she’s banging on about it to try and be relatable idk.. My son first slept through at 4 months old and I don’t think it happened again until about 7 months when he went into his own room. And even then u hit sleep regressions, I had plenty of 4am wake up calls 😃 I don’t understand why Ryan doesn’t get up with baby in the morning so she can have a lie in, she’s pumping too so it’s not like he cant feed him

Reactions: 11
This is bizarre I can’t believe she WANTS her 5 week old to sleep through?! I’m genuinely concerned that she thought this would happen and wants him to do it. I love it when my daughter wakes in the night, we get quiet uninterrupted cuddles and it’s just us two (I don’t like hubby doing the night feeds as he drives for work and don’t want him to be unsafe on the roads so I’m up twice a night every night). I understand it’s tiring and she’s a new mum but she can catch up on her sleep in the day?! Someone needs to kindly tell her it’s unrealistic and yes she needs to lower her expectations.

My first daughter slept through from 11 weeks with a dream feed at 10pm and woke in the morning at 6.30am which is the time we’ve always got up so I never classed that as a night feed (I know some would!). I was shocked at 11 weeks I assumed it’d be much later, but even so she went through phases from 8 - 11 months of night waking and then again from 18 - 21 months night waking, so even when they do it they don’t do it forever! I feel embarrassed for her that she’s actually put on SM that she wants him to sleep through 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Bloody moaning about her 5 week old babynot sleeping all night seriously Lucy away and piss off and read up about babies and educate yourself on them. Of course he’s waking for a feed just like the rest of our babies because that’s what they are suppose to do if you didn’t want the inconvenience of a baby waken you from your precious sleep you should have got a doll! sorry rant over she’s really annoying me with her constant moaning about lack of sleep

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s thoroughly pissing me off now. Really don’t know what she was expecting?! The constant comparison to other babies is not going to do her any good at all. I wish I could say this to her but she doesn’t seem to accept DM’s. Didn’t want any advice about babies before she had him so I guess she’s the same now 🤔

Reactions: 5
5 week old baby not sleeping through the night and she’s shocked and looking for advice. I despair of some people, Jesus what the hell did she expect 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Again, it’s stuff like this that’s dangerous for someone with her following to put out there.
In the year that I’ve been breastfeeding, I’ve never had anything bad said to me about doing it in public. I’ve seen people look, realise what I’m doing, look awkward, look away and that’s about it. Someone I know was like, I have no issue with people breastfeeding but when I see it I don’t want the woman to think I was staring or judging or anything and I can understand that awkwardness.
She’s perpetuating all these misconceptions about how if you are breastfeeding every time you do it someone will make you leave the cafe or someone will say something and the reality is that it’s not as common as she’s making out. It’s stuff like that that puts people off breastfeeding.
All of this! I've seen the awkward look and I've given the awkward look but never have I experienced anyone being horrible about it. I didn't go out of my way to feed in public but any time I did it was fine!

Reactions: 3
I’m genuinely interested and confused at the pump output v feeding amount v breast feeding v paced feeding -I’m confused how
Baby isn’t going to get confused-also breast fed get more feeds less milk unless you have a mammoth supply overload-so more like an oz an hour give or take,so how do you work out when to bottle feed then the next feed will be delayed which mean baby and boob don’t work together,they work apart then how does that work with supply? I’m so so confused by her posts-I think she sounds so emotionless when she says greedy boy,or thanks for the lack of sleep,or ‘mum life’ or moaning about his nappy,in reality good poos are a blessing and better than constipation.im ranting and I’m genuinely maybe a little naive to her understanding of babies-also and then I’ll shut up-he’s only 4weeks-he probably doesn’t even know night time from day time-she may be struggling I mean I certainly did 1st time round but with her influence/she’s coming across smug and it’s frustrating especially for others in same boat.

I’m genuinely interested and confused at the pump output v feeding amount v breast feeding v paced feeding -I’m confused how
Baby isn’t going to get confused-also breast fed get more feeds less milk unless you have a mammoth supply overload-so more like an oz an hour give or take,so how do you work out when to bottle feed then the next feed will be delayed which mean baby and boob don’t work together,they work apart then how does that work with supply? I’m so so confused by her posts-I think she sounds so emotionless when she says greedy boy,or thanks for the lack of sleep,or ‘mum life’ or moaning about his nappy,in reality good poos are a blessing and better than constipation.im ranting and I’m genuinely maybe a little naive to her understanding of babies-also and then I’ll shut up-he’s only 4weeks-he probably doesn’t even know night time from day time-she may be struggling I mean I certainly did 1st time round but with her influence/she’s coming across smug and it’s frustrating especially for others in same boat.
I don’t think she had a baby for the right reasons. All about trying to stay relevant.

I think what it comes down to is that the lockdown has meant she’s missed priceless newborn photos with ok or hello and she’s missing out on all the #gifted swipe ups she could be doing. She is just a normal mum like the rest of us who care for their baby 24/7. It must be dawning on her that the reality of having a baby is a lot less glamorous and a lot more work than how instagram makes it seem.

Reactions: 17
tit me, I’ve just seen how much milk she’s got in the bottle for Roman 😱 no way does he need that much at 5 weeks old! BF babies are meant to have 1-1.5oz per hour they’re away from the breast and it needs to be pacefed (something I messaged her about). No wonder the poor child is in a milk coma.

• Wow
tit me, I’ve just seen how much milk she’s got in the bottle for Roman 😱 no way does he need that much at 5 weeks old! BF babies are meant to have 1-1.5oz per hour they’re away from the breast and it needs to be pacefed (something I messaged her about). No wonder the poor child is in a milk coma.
Got to give him maximum milk in the day time so that he sleeps at night! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Sad
I haven’t watched her stories about her moaning I’ve been following her for ages. To be honest dunno why I do as she’s so bloody dull and up herself. Everything is me me me me. How many times did she share the engagement pics. What does she expect 5 weeks old and your baby is still waking up. Jesus Christ she’s got a long 7 years a head of her 🤣🤣🤣🤣 she needs to get a grid of reality I hate it when celebs have baby’s and then complain. Get Ryan to do a feed if it’s killing you off 🧐🧐

I don’t think I’ve seen one gushing post about her baby yet. Maybe on the day he was born I dunno. She seems to totally resent him.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I don’t think I’ve seen one gushing post about her baby yet. Maybe on the day he was born I dunno. She seems to totally resent him.
She has said herself that her pregnancy was a surprise. I don’t think she would have planned to have a baby anytime soon. She’s always been about the body, travelling, eating out, going out, flitting between 2 homes whenever she fancied. Whilst it’s possible to still do all of those things with a baby, it’s a lot lot harder and takes so much more planning. It’s no longer about her and what she wants, it’s about Roman. I think that’s what she is struggling with.

Reactions: 9
I wouldn’t be shocked if she has abit of postnatal depression. But i don’t envy anyone who has a newborn in this current situation, she would probably love abit of help or support from family or friends but unfortunately its not possible right now.
An i would rather her feed him the amount she does, rather than lydia who is letting her baby only be fed after 4hours cause apparently that will sleep train her🙄

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.