Lucy Mecklenburgh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, really think she needs some breastfeeding advice. Why didn’t she go to any support groups or anything before the birth? There’s lots doing Skype and phone conversations at the minute with the current situation.

I just can’t fathom their ideas around sleep. Haven’t their mums told them anything about what newborns are like?

Lucy especially seems so ill-informed, all this pumping as well won’t do her supply any good. It worries me how many people will be looking to her as the right way to do it.
I genuinely believe her and Lydia think that pumping makes them look cool. Lydia woke up after 12 hours sleep and pumped rather than feeding. Loretta was downstairs with Debbie!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I genuinely believe her and Lydia think that pumping makes them look cool. Lydia woke up after 12 hours sleep and pumped rather than feeding. Loretta was downstairs with Debbie!
im really confused as to why they are pumping so much and not just feeding their babies. Might ask 🤣

Reactions: 6
i think she's pumping so much as she probably thinks it will help her lose weight.

Reactions: 5
I wonder how annoyed she must be that this lockdown has happened at the prime time her ok shoot should have probably been taking place.
She may as well feed him instead of expressing, nobody is going anywhere why not spend the time breastfeeding your baby instead of pumping and really sort out your supply while you are stuck indoors?!

Reactions: 10
I wonder how annoyed she must be that this lockdown has happened at the prime time her ok shoot should have probably been taking place.
She may as well feed him instead of expressing, nobody is going anywhere why not spend the time breastfeeding your baby instead of pumping and really sort out your supply while you are stuck indoors?!
Perfect 👌 feed feed feed feed ,don’t class is as morning/afternoon/night feeds-don’t get obsessed with sleep it will happen in little blocks -just feed when he wants and soak it all up , perfect time for it.

Reactions: 8
Exactly! I could sort of understand the pumping if she had commitments she couldn’t take him to but she doesn’t! She just needs to stay at home, stay off Instagram and feed her damn baby!

Reactions: 4
Sorry if it’s already been answered..but why all the pumping?
Is it an AD ?
Why can’t she just feed the baby ?

Reactions: 4
It is so weird! Wonder where she got it into her head that this was the right approach?

Reactions: 3
It is so weird! Wonder where she got it into her head that this was the right approach?
I hate to say it, but I wonder if it’s a vanity thing? Not wanting to have full leaking boobs, so always pumping to relieve them? Also then can potentially fit into all her lovely tops better? And maybe she wants to avoid BFing in public so just bottlefeeding the expressed milk? She doesn’t strike me as the natural earth mother who would whip a boob out in a cafe to feed. Maybe I’m wrong, it’s just the impression I get 🤔

I hate to say it, but I wonder if it’s a vanity thing? Not wanting to have full leaking boobs, so always pumping to relieve them? Also then can potentially fit into all her lovely tops better? And maybe she wants to avoid BFing in public so just bottlefeeding the expressed milk? She doesn’t strike me as the natural earth mother who would whip a boob out in a cafe to feed. Maybe I’m wrong, it’s just the impression I get 🤔
She can’t go out so she wouldn’t have to feed in public anyway, she put a question thing and said she will be answering questions on her breastfeedig journey etc so let’s hope someone asks why she is expressing at 4am 😂

Reactions: 1
She can’t go out so she wouldn’t have to feed in public anyway, she put a question thing and said she will be answering questions on her breastfeedig journey etc so let’s hope someone asks why she is expressing at 4am 😂
I’ve asked 😂

Reactions: 3
“Breastfeeding journey” made me LOL 😂 FFS Lucy you’ve been doing it for 2 weeks!!!!! I was still struggling to sort a decent latch after 2 weeks with my first, there’s no way I’d be opening myself up to questions! Stop over sharing and just get on with it, like mums have been doing for millennia

Reactions: 13
She’s expressing all hours of the day so Ryan can do two feeds in a row. Her supply is going to be all over the place!

Did you see she posted that she was expressing so she could “see how much the baby was getting” - such bad advice 😳

Reactions: 6
Glad to see everyone else thinks the same. I pumped a bit with my first so there was milk for him on the odd occasion I went out without him but he was never very interested. It's so pointless if you are just staying in as you're still spending the same amount of time "feeding" but without the lovely bonding time. Its quicker to feed than to pump in my experience. If getting wet and dirty nappies they are getting enough!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.