Lucy Mecklenburgh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you see she posted that she was expressing so she could “see how much the baby was getting” - such bad advice 😳
Just shocking advice isn’t it! I really don’t think she wants to actually breastfeed. You can almost predict that in a few weeks, she’ll post saying that she’s gutted she can see she’s not producing enough milk for Roman, but it’s ok because LOOK Tommee Tippee (other brands are available 🤣) have kindly #gifted a Perfect Prep machine so we can use that now! And swipe up to get yours!
(ps I’m happy to be proved wrong if she does manage to start feeding normally, I just really think she doesn’t want to but doesn’t feel she can say it!)

Reactions: 14
Glad to see everyone else thinks the same. I pumped a bit with my first so there was milk for him on the odd occasion I went out without him but he was never very interested. It's so pointless if you are just staying in as you're still spending the same amount of time "feeding" but without the lovely bonding time. Its quicker to feed than to pump in my experience. If getting wet and dirty nappies they are getting enough!
This! I had all the intentions of expressing a feed a day so my husband could feed him but in reality I spent the same time pumping just at a different time of the day so it didn’t give me any extra time to myself at all. And then after all that the few times he did give him a bottle, the baby still wanted to feed from me for comfort anyway 🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Just shocking advice isn’t it! I really don’t think she wants to actually breastfeed. You can almost predict that in a few weeks, she’ll post saying that she’s gutted she can see she’s not producing enough milk for Roman, but it’s ok because LOOK Tommee Tippee (other brands are available 🤣) have kindly #gifted a Perfect Prep machine so we can use that now! And swipe up to get yours!
(ps I’m happy to be proved wrong if she does manage to start feeding normally, I just really think she doesn’t want to but doesn’t feel she can say it!)
Thing is if you prefer to bottle feed then that’s your choice personally breastfeeding wasn’t for me but I don’t have a problem with others breastfeeding it’s a personal choice

Reactions: 9
Thing is if you prefer to bottle feed then that’s your choice personally breastfeeding wasn’t for me but I don’t have a problem with others breastfeeding it’s a personal choice
Same here. I feel like she wants the best of both worlds...a breastfeeding baby and one that will sleep 10 hours. It’s not possible! I predict her supply will be massively messed up and she will switch to bottle soon. Which there is no shame in, but it’s this portrayal of this perfect life I have a problem with.
Right now she’s had time to prep all that food and she’s expressing whilst doing it. I didn’t do anything in the first few weeks my baby was home. Far too much time on her hands

Reactions: 4
Totally - I am only an advocate of FED is best, regardless of how they’re fed, so no arguments here! I mostly bottle fed my girls too, after struggling to breast feed.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She can feed her baby however she likes, I’m not bothered whether she’s bottle feeding her baby or not. It’s the ‘tips’ I can’t get on board with. It’s just a money making exercise and it gives people incorrect information about breastfeeding. How can she recommend a breast pump, she hasn’t been using them long enough to know and she’s not breastfed her baby long enough to know what does or doesn’t work.
For me it’s not about how she chooses to feed her baby, it’s the information she’s putting out there that I don’t think is okay.

Reactions: 16
She can feed her baby however she likes, I’m not bothered whether she’s bottle feeding her baby or not. It’s the ‘tips’ I can’t get on board with. It’s just a money making exercise and it gives people incorrect information about breastfeeding. How can she recommend a breast pump, she hasn’t been using them long enough to know and she’s not breastfed her baby long enough to know what does or doesn’t work.
For me it’s not about how she chooses to feed her baby, it’s the information she’s putting out there that I don’t think is okay.
Didn’t mean it in a way anyone was judging whether she breastfeeds or bottle feeds. I agree with you her tips aren’t helpful if they aren’t correct information as it could mislead other new mums taking her advice

Reactions: 2
Omg yes, this ⬆ a million times, you’ve summed it up perfectly!

Exactly this! There’s a lot of impressionable young mums who will be taking what she says as gospel and she should be more responsible than that. I only breastfed my baby for a short time for various reasons so I would never judge anyone else’s choice of feeding.

Reactions: 7
You didn’t fail and do not feel like crap, you tried and that is all that matters ❤ We all end up the same, don’t fret over it x
Breastfeeding didn’t work for us. I felt awful for ages because I thought breast was best and I wouldn’t have as healthy a baby if I bottle-fed. But fed is best. I have a colleague who has a son 6 weeks older than mine and she breastfed him to 18 months and he is ill a lot with the usual nursery stuff whereas my son is rarely ill. Mum guilt is horrific!

Reactions: 5
Baby slept for 7hours bloody hell, don’t think mine done that in the first three months of his life!
Also sleepyhead in the crib...tut tut!

Reactions: 2
I think she is disgusting. She's used that poor baby to make money. EVERYTHING is an advert. There NEEDS to be regulations on this tit. Unqualified, uneducated morons telling easily influenced people what to waste their money on when they themselves didn't think it was good enough to spend their own bleeping money on. Its free!!! It's just not right. Not just immoral but dangerous. New mums have enough to deal with, they don't need these dick heads preying on them. Yes it is PREYING on vulnerable people. They should wear a balaclava and stripey jumper. Vile human being. Get back to doing what you do best, anything and everything for money on TV. Eurgh.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Baby slept for 7hours bloody hell, don’t think mine done that in the first three months of his life!
Also sleepyhead in the crib...tut tut!
I’m lucky if my 4 week old sleeps for two hours at the moment. Midwife told me if she comes to your house and your a new mum saying you and baby slept all night she worries she prefers a mum to say she’s shattered as it means baby is waking for feeds and that’s what should be happening (all Midwife’s might say different)

Reactions: 10
Ok seriously why is she so obsessed with this baby’s sleep? It’s beyond bizarre.

An app to track his sleep?!?!! He’s a month old! ‘Roman woke and was resettled’ Roman is a newborn baby!!! Give him a cuddle and feed him!

I could honestly tear my hair out at her ignorance, it’s staggering. The phrases ‘sleep efficiency’ and ‘a good night’ in terms of such a tiny, tiny baby are really damaging. What was she expecting? Really?! Imagine if the poor boy had reflux or colic and was up all hours of the night - would she still be measuring his progress via an app then?

Even if he doesn’t, babies like cuddles, babies wake up at night - it’s the biological norm. Sleeping is NOT how you measure a baby’s ‘goodness.’

She desperately needs educating, this is worrying.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That app she is using is the most horrible thing I have ever seen 😭 why would you want to measure your tiny baby in terms of efficiency? And keep track of everytime he woke up and was resettled?

I think it's creepy. And desperately sad

Reactions: 6
That app she is using is the most horrible thing I have ever seen 😭 why would you want to measure your tiny baby in terms of efficiency? And keep track of everytime he woke up and was resettled?

I think it's creepy. And desperately sad
I use an app to track my babies sleep and have done for a long time, it also tracks nappies, feeding, if breast which side and how long. I found it really useful in the beginning baby haze so I could tell the midwives how much he was feeding etc. I can’t say I’ve ever used it for sleep efficiency, my baby is 6 months old and is still up 3 sometimes 4 times a night. What it was really useful for though is seeing when he naturally fell asleep during the day so I knew his natural nap times rather than when I thought he should have them. Meaning he doesn’t get overtired and we don’t have screaming fits, I know pretty much when he wants to sleep. Mind you this didn’t come out until he was about 4 months old when patterns started emerging.
Just playing devil’s advocate cause apps can be really helpful to new Mum’s as long as like everything else they’re used sensibly

Reactions: 1
What a total car crash her instagram is right now. The ads are CRINGE. Also she is 100% pumping so much to lose weight.

I don’t know who this lass is but she keeps popping up on my explore page, had a quick nosey. WTF.
That app is just creepy. Sorry if that offends anyone but why does it need to film, and document EVERYTHING? And why does she need to share it? Because it’s an ad ofc. 🙄
Gone are the days that people just live in the haze of having a newborn, living in comfies and embracing all the newborn cuddles you can get - along with being utterly sleep deprived; not needing to document it all on the gram.
I’m so glad I had my kids before the influencer era, I think it could be extremely damaging for some new mums.

Reactions: 7
Isn’t it damaging for newborns to sleep that long? I had to feed my newborn every 4 hours because of his low birth weight but I also remember my midwife saying long stretches without feeding can cause low blood sugar.

I use an app to track my babies sleep and have done for a long time, it also tracks nappies, feeding, if breast which side and how long. I found it really useful in the beginning baby haze so I could tell the midwives how much he was feeding etc. I can’t say I’ve ever used it for sleep efficiency, my baby is 6 months old and is still up 3 sometimes 4 times a night. What it was really useful for though is seeing when he naturally fell asleep during the day so I knew his natural nap times rather than when I thought he should have them. Meaning he doesn’t get overtired and we don’t have screaming fits, I know pretty much when he wants to sleep. Mind you this didn’t come out until he was about 4 months old when patterns started emerging.
Just playing devil’s advocate cause apps can be really helpful to new Mum’s as long as like everything else they’re used sensibly
No I agree,my baby is 9 months and I've used an app to track sleep and he's still a frequent night time waker. I feel like what she is using is unnecessarily focused on "efficiency" and that does not sit right with me at all. It just seems her focus is getting her baby to sleep through the night as soon as possible. Each to their own but it sends out a negative message to vulnerable mothers post partum about babies sleep

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.