Lucy Letby Case #68

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As the old adage goes, you can’t polish a turd. Like others have said, I think BM did the best he could with what he had - I am happy her defence cost so much tbh, shows she had a fair a trial as she could have with the best possible representation, another up yours for the conspiracy theorists who said it was sub-par.
Also, as value for money - 9 month trial and all of the work that went into it and beforehand, £1m ain’t bad for making sure an evil child killer is banged up for life and unable to hurt any others.
Yep I think it was worth every single penny of taxpayer money to make sure she never sets foot outside of prison ever again.

I’m also unsure how the defence could have done a better job. What kind of defence does a guilty person actually have?? Myers ensured she had a fair trial but there was literally nothing to defend because she did it. Plain and simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think they’re best just ignored. They’ll get nowhere. Mute them and let them scream into the void. They’ll forget about her and start ranting about something else soon enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Yep I think it was worth every single penny of taxpayer money to make sure she never sets foot outside of prison ever again.

I’m also unsure how the defence could have done a better job. What kind of defence does a guilty person actually have?? Myers ensured she had a fair trial but there was literally nothing to defend because she did it. Plain and simple.
Exactly, the notion her that her team were some how incompetent is so ridiculous, Ben somehow managed to make the jury take over a month to make a decision and actually got her NG on a couple of charges. And all he had was a bleeping plumber to help him. He’s done an amazing job. It should have been 22 WLO.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I think they’re best just ignored. They’ll get nowhere. Mute them and let them scream into the void. They’ll forget about her and start ranting about something else soon enough.
I agree. They’re all delusional crackpots, cut off their supply don’t feed them.

Reactions: 17
Her defence needed an expert witness to cast doubt on the medical evidence, I don't believe they didn't consult a neonalist just that all medical opinions came back that the baby's were attacked while Lucy was there. Therefore BM could only use a plumber as he was the only witness who wasn't going to end up backing up the prosecution.
But the plumber's evidence did end up backing up the prosecution. His work records show conclusively that the sewage problem was not in play on the days/nights these babies died. From all reports the plumber looked more confused than anyone about why he was even there.

Reactions: 19
Yes you’re right, I’ll do that before they drive me mad!
---
I agree. They’re all delusional crackpots, cut off their supply don’t feed them.
Yeah that’s a good way of thinking about it, thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hyperinsulinism? Something that affects 1/25,000 to 1/50,000 babies, yet somehow two babies were born with it in such a short space of time on a small neonatal unit?

Reactions: 20

Gaaaawd, Please don't all jump at me :D I wasn't for one second suggesting her defence should have set her free or imply that she was at no fault, but they could've got a lot more experts to testify for her - for example around her mental state around the time. Many people claim "insanity" or stress or anything else to justify their actions. I also always see many times, odd weird doctors to testify for baseless cases. I am surprised they couldn't even get one single nurse or doctor, even a non-respectable one.

And given all the support she had, more "friends" to testify what a "great person" she is to support her character.

I am not saying this would have helped her, just that it would have been a more balanced defence.
---
Hyperinsulinism? Something that affects 1/25,000 to 1/50,000 babies, yet somehow two babies were born with it in such a short space of time on a small neonatal unit?
They proved it wasn't hyperinsulinism anyway and that it was man-made insulin that was used.

Reactions: 11
Gaaaawd, Please don't all jump at me :D I wasn't for one second suggesting her defence should have set her free or imply that she was at no fault, but they could've got a lot more experts to testify for her - for example around her mental state around the time. Many people claim "insanity" or stress or anything else to justify their actions. I also always see many times, odd weird doctors to testify for baseless cases. I am surprised they couldn't even get one single nurse or doctor, even a non-respectable one.

And given all the support she had, more "friends" to testify what a "great person" she is to support her character.

I am not saying this would have helped her, just that it would have been a more balanced defence.
---

They proved it wasn't hyperinsulinism anyway and that it was man-made insulin that was used.
They can’t argue her mental state or actions at the time if she is denying she did anything…

• Heart
Reactions: 27

---

She can’t use an insanity defence though if she’s claiming she didn’t have anything to do with the deaths. That only works to reduce the charge from murder to manslaughter due to diminished responsibility.

As for medical experts, expert witnesses in the U.K. are held to a higher standard than some other countries. It’s not just a case of paying someone to testify to whatever you want. They have to have certain credentials, and if they can’t rule out the circumstances put forward by the prosecution, they wouldn’t help the defence. I fully believe this is why he didn’t have any, I doubt it’s for a lack of trying.

Character witnesses are a possibility, but when the charges are this severe I don’t think they’d hold much weight tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

---

I think that pretty much shows how guilty she is. Nobody (not including dick head Gill et al here) wanted to testify on her behalf. The only expert they could find was the plumber, poor guy. Her colleague went to court every day, she didn't testify. The defense had nobody to call because every expert could see that she did it.
She couldn't claim insanity/stress etc. because she was evaluated and all they could come up with was ptsd from being arrested in her nightie Lee cooper leisure suit.

The new DM podcast with Dr McRae is interesting. Kind of wish she didn't mention the whole microchip trial because we all know where the freaks minds are going to wander now.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I did wonder why her colleague didn't testify I must admit. She was far from painted as a lonely-no-mates type of girl. I understand not wanting to be associated with her appalling crimes, but if they were standing by her, why not support her that bit further?

I think it adds a little to how much she was not liked in reality

Reactions: 11
mark is just a Letby fanboy who has popped up recently for the free Lucy campaign. He posts in one of the Facebook groups but also on Twitter and youtube. But seems like this is only since the verdicts.

my friend James Walker seems to have disappeared since he left that fbook group.
There was a man who came to deliberations once - I’m sure it was that James but not seen him since the beginning of cross exam

Reactions: 13
Oh they still at it I see….now wanting to write to it for support 🥴….willing to wait for it to be released….. (don’t know how long they think they gona live)!!!! 🙄 Apparently it isn’t accepting letters at min … I can almost taste the heartbreak in these weirdos status’s .. probably not room in that 8x6…. Probably that full of post it’s… it’s now a 6x4!!!! HATE MYERS…. HATE PRISON … HATE GUARDS..
LOVE APPEAL +++❤❤+++.

Bog off!!! Ffs xx

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It’s proven synthetic insulin. These people seem to know nothing 😫 gross little weirdos.

Reactions: 29
There was a man who came to deliberations once - I’m sure it was that James but not seen him since the beginning of cross exam
There was a bloke who came in late and didn’t re appear after dinner after she had said can’t recall 900 times … I did wonder if it was 1 of these seat sniffers!!! Xx

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Are these nut jobs seriously contacting the parents, they shouldn’t even have there information I thought it was supposed to be kept anonymous for their children’s privacy. The parents need to be left in peace, I hope they have some police support to help them deal with these idiots.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Loving the latest video from Crime Scene 2 Courtroom debunking all the lies the sleuths are trying to spread:

But my favourite part is that, even though it is not a huge youtube account with millions of followers, it already has 35k views. That's a ton more than sleuths get across all their channels :D

Considering they are trying to spread the word and convert the public, they aren't doing a great job at it so far.

I must thank them for the LOLs though

Reactions: 17
Loving the latest video from Crime Scene 2 Courtroom debunking all the lies the sleuths are trying to spread:

But my favourite part is that, even though it is not a huge youtube account with millions of followers, it already has 35k views. That's a ton more than sleuths get across all their channels :D

Considering they are trying to spread the word and convert the public, they aren't doing a great job at it so far.

I must thank them for the LOLs though
Ha I just had a look at the Scuence on Trial fb page. What a bunch of bellends. They think they are so clever but they are so so ignorant and ill informed. I do wonder what they will do with any money they raise in their crowdfund if Letby doesn't appeal. Nice little earner for someone.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.