Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dollenganger

VIP Member
i haven’t caught up, but your post has prompted a memory I have from When I was teenager in hospital. I had a standard op got sent home and a few days later my wounds haemorrhaged in the night, luckily I woke and I was rushed to hospital in an ambulance. Anyway I had to stay in for a while can’t remember how long now to recover. There was one nurse on the ward who was absolutely vile to me, I remember when I felt well enough to walk to the loo on my own, she tried to insist she had to go in with me (I was 15). I didn’t want her to and I explained I was fine and could manage I was feeling a lot better. The bitch then grabbed my arm and dug her nails into me and dragged me there, I was so shocked and upset that I didn’t argue and she then came into the loo with me and watched me pee, then she walked off when I had finished and I had to walk back to my bed on my own anyway, didn’t make any sense. Was fucking weird, I should have reported her but she scared me. She didn’t nurse me again after that but I remember her scowling at me everytime she passed me.
God, that’s just awful. Poor you 😢

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

Londonlady68

Chatty Member
Unless she took a (presumably unpaid) extended leave of absence to attend the trial for all those months, Janet can’t still be working.
Maybe she's retired. Have only seen photos on her FB (still displaying that monster in them) but I she looks in her 50's. Seems many nurses leave the profession on the younger side cos it must be physically knackering.

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
That Prof David Wilson is a jobsworth 🤗 an old lecturer who crossed his path said to our class he was More interested in TV opportunities than doing his research from what I had heard. Also he’s a criminologist not a psychologist, so has no real expertise to comment on her mindset, only the crimes she and others commit.

Additionally he was on the podcast a few episodes ago saying the opposite (eg implying guilt) so he’s just looking for his payday I think 🤢
He did that hilariously awful true crime thing with Emilia Fox. The one with the milk bottle kids and her "walking around Chelmsley Wood asking questions" 🤣🤣

• Haha

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Has anyone watched the BBC drama Bodies? It's on Netflix, first aired about twenty years ago and I started watching it recently. It is excellent but absolutely not for the faint-hearted as quite graphic and some of the subject matter is very upsetting, particularly around infant loss etc. It's based on an Obs/Gyane ward in Manchester and looks at clinical + management cover ups. It is a very interesting look (albeit fictional) at the dynamics between medics and NHS management, so particularly prescient given what has transpired. Well worth the watch but do please approach with caution if you may be potentially triggered or are squeamish.
Yes, I have although it was a couple of years ago. It was mentioned on here fairly recently. There were 2 series. Its very good. Lily Allen's father Keith stars in it. The first is dark humour, the second is very dark!

Last edited:

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Maybe she's retired. Have only seen photos on her FB (still displaying that monster in them) but I she looks in her 50's. Seems many nurses leave the profession on the younger side cos it must be physically knackering.
I think nurses can claim their NHS pension at 55. Not 100% sure of this though.

I'm also not sure that the income generated by an NHS pension would be enough to live on. The retired nurse that I know works as a delivery driver 2 days a week now.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Given Letby is a sadist, I wonder if the affair with Dr NN stopped when she began to torture him psychologically for kicks once her access to babies she could physically overpower was cut off. It would fit with contacting his wife on Facebook.
that is interesting, I wonder what she said to his wife did he have the hots for LL and in turn did she lead him on with no intention of sleeping with him?

Refracton

I’m torn on this. I agree that we need an open and transparent justice system, but does not knowing the names everyone involved really impact that?

The victims and their families are 100% entitled to anonymity if that’s what they choose. And while I think Dr NN is a coward and a liar for the reasons he gave for wanting to be anonymous, I don’t really think it matters in the great scheme of things. If witnesses feel more able to speak freely and are less reluctant to give evidence if they’re anonymous, then I think it’s a good thing.

I think the article was clearly written by a newspaper with an agenda. They’d possibly sell more papers, have more salacious headlines, and get more clicks if they were able to write more about the affair and all the gory details. But I don’t think it had a negative impact on the trial at all, and I didn’t find it more difficult to follow because the babies had letters instead of names.

I don’t think the argument that the public have a right to see justice done, is valid, because I don’t feel this was impacted by the anonymity order. But others may disagree obviously.

totally get your point and I agree on the whole. I am not sure of the impact on other trials as I don't really know much about it.

There was however a mix up of baby letters from trial to verdict which caused some confusion.
---
@nosycowmoo Thanks for your post. Really interesting.
---
I wonder if Jammy Dodger did get in any trouble?
I thought she was lying trying to be clever.

Last edited:

monicalewinsky

These news reports about paediatric nurses being arrested for allegedly harming babies - are they copycats? Do they want Letby’s notoriety? Does paediatric nursing attract psychopaths?

I’m hoping it’s simply a result of neonatal staff being more vigilant and reporting possible wrongdoing early on.
Pretty sure LL was named fairly early post arrest so not sure why they’re not naming this one. Then again, Birmingham is a different police force and may want to do this differently!

sazzt

Chatty Member
As if Lucifer wears visible shoe liners with her kitten heels to pole dance in :ROFLMAO:

Re being a lapdancer, sounds like B.S to me, she would have failed her lapdance audition for turning up in bootcut jeans and a cami top from Peacocks.

Some freaks have been doctoring photos of LL to make her more attractive. I swear her face has been melded into Kate Middleton in the 2nd one. I get the feeling that there is an odd need amongst some people to sexualise her because she's young, female, slim and has blonde hair and god forbid a young woman in the public eye isn't sexualised!

Also given LL will be segregated from the general prison population for ages it's highly unlikely she's been attacked unless the prison staff have had a go!!
That 2nd picture makes her look even more freaky than usual, looks like she hasn’t got a neck 😆

• Haha

tiggersmudge

I would be happy to bully anyone who supports an evil baby killer. Bunch of thick morons who don't have one single clue what they are all banging on about.
Cunts.
---
oh fuck 🤣

---

oh look who it is again - our mate Mid-life crisis Mark. Spending his evenings doing little YouTube vids to stave off the loneliness - bet there will be a bloody podcast next 🫠
Hope he feels good about himself when he goes to sleep at night after a sordid little wank over suction-cup dildo Wetby
---
Does anyone know where this picture comes from? It’s not her original arrest as she wasn’t wearing jeans!

View attachment 2408221
Those purposely - faded jeans…

Last edited:
  • Haha

Refracton

Signals been a joke and I broke my charger hole by putting my phone in the sea (thought iPhones were waterproof 🙄) so it’s been temperamental
im on my way home, kids back at school on Monday can’t wait to read back to when the news came out. Does anyone know the thread number? Anything anyone wants to ask? Etc I feel out the loop
Yes interested on your experience of when the verdicts came out.
---
Random thoughts but where did Lucifer spend lock down? Seems to me with her parents in Hereford. I wonder if she thought she would get away with it due to the apocalyptic nature of the news at the time.

Did her parents clap her every Thursday night or did they all silently fume?

sazzt

Chatty Member
Looks like a bunch of cranks.

Ha yes! I watched this for about 20 minutes and had to put it off. I remembered earlier the reason why the lecturer brought it up- we were being warned about TV ‘experts’ and how often they don’t have any qualifications apart from a desire to be on tv.
They are

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
It's a confusing chart as the data is not comparible. They were trying to make the point with the yellow bar that because COCH was down graded to level one NICU that the babies were still receiving poor care but then transferred to die at another unit. The babies at each maternity unit are a mixture of in and out area babies so the grey and yellow bars don't necessarily show the same population or give any idea as to why that baby died.

They are assuming that all the West Cheshire babies were born at the Countess but died in another unit thus showing a reduction in Chester's neonatal death rate. This won't actually be the case as many of those babies will have been born somewhere else. The Countess of Chester will care for babies from Wales and Merseyside if Lucy had killed an out of area baby it would show in the grey bar but not the yellow one.
Thank you for your heroic attempts at trying to explain to me!
I’m getting that the data is incomplete so pretty useless in that format.
I usually avoid these things like the plague.

Last edited: