Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sazzt

Chatty Member
I watched this and that bloke is so annoying.
---

Also how did the so called "incompetent doctors" overfeed babies.
He is really annoying & so dull. He’s really got it in for Dewi Evans & is obsessed with Luficer 🙄

Reactions: 4

hot patootie

I listen on Spotify. If you have an iPhone you will have an app called ‘podcasts’. Not sure about Android. Just search Lucy Letby and it’ll come up ‘The trial of Lucy Letby’ by the mail

• Heart

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Apologies if this has been asked or answered before. I have gone through the wiki and a LOT of other posts and not seen it.

Did LL has ever been reported to have any sort of romantic relationship? Other than her fictional boyfriend who no one has heard of.

That's the one thing that's striking me as odd. She has never had a (known) romantic relationship - was this the root of her general dissatisfaction with life and the reason why she thought she'd never marry/have children?

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
I'm hoping that now pretty much everything in the NHS is electronically/digitally recorded, rather than paper notes that can be made to disappear, this might be the end of falsifying records or removing vital evidence.

There was a serial killer at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport (apologies to all if this has already been discussed at length) Victorino Chua, who murdered random patients in 2011/2012. They arrested the wrong person at first. I used to live in that hospital's catchment area and it's chilling to think that I, or a member of my family, could have come into contact with him.
Stepping Hill murders: how Victorino Chua's poisonings were uncovered | Crime | The Guardian
well lets hope so! although I don't think there will ever be a full proof system

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
It's the number of neonatal deaths per 1000 live births, so if there was 12 neonatal deaths out of 3000 livebirths it would be 4. Its probably not a measure of how many died in Chester's NICU. Science on trial have asked for figures under a freedom of information request presented them in a graph but not interpreted what they actually mean.
Yes but the yellow ONS figures represent the area wide figures for all babies.
How can they be the same as a unit that does not take all the babies in the area, but only took about 1 in 7? Considering the unit had a much higher death rate for those years?
I don’t get it.

nosycowmoo

I was only there 3 times… (the times he was talking about … )elderly bloke was there each time … he seemed very keen … asked the woman sitting where the judge sits in court number 8… the 1 that tells ya not to write anything or use phone (sorry don’t know term for her) but he asked “is there any space in court 7”…. I Found this a bit strange lol … but she was polite and said family only….. xx
Ah I know him deffo not him he’s a family friend 🙂

• Heart

Glittergirlie

VIP Member
Inside Lucy Letby prison attack rumours amid claims of boiled water assault

Its in the mirror..I will see if I can post the link

Reactions: 3

Marie958519

Im on the fence about that. I think that it makes sense that she would given that she claims innocence. But at the same time I think she never provider a reasonable explanation as to what else couldve happened so if she appeals what would be her reasoning? I may completely wrong but I thought maybe you have to have to basis for the appeal. Or is that just in the States?
This was my thinking too 🤔

Jumpindesia

VIP Member
There is a new documentary/news report on 7NEWS spotlight YouTube channel , there is interviews with parents of babies who lucy letby looked after.

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
Think the grey bar shows the ratio of neonatal deaths out of 1000 births born at the Countess of Chester. The grey bar shows the 2015/2016 spike in NNU deaths followed by a big fall after Lucy's removal.
I do know what you mean about the 13 deaths if it was out of 3000 live births it should be higher but it will depend on how many live births and which years they fall into.
Eek, obviously statistics are not my strong point!
I was kind of forgetting that those figures included maternity at CoC and not just the unit, and that some of the babies died when they were past the 28 day neonate cut off.
So for some years there were no neonatal deaths at CoC, is that feasible? Unless there was a vast reduction in the number of babies born there.
Not in anyway a great chart if it’s supposed to illuminate what actually happened on a specific unit where what happened in maternity didn’t have much relevance.
Yip, I’ll keep away from statistics 😬

Hazara04

We don’t know if any of the babies she killed are buried there. It’s possible in the winter she could see the graveyard through the trees from her upstairs back windows but I think it’s too dense in summer to be able to see anything.
The catchment area for the COCH is quite wide, I had my eldest son there and I live in North Wales. It's possible that the families lived outside of the Chester / Blacon area.

allaboutmoi

I listened to the Daily Mail podcast last night which featured this. I've just listened to it again a few times. Thanks for posting. I do have hearing problems and whilst I heard Letby say something along the lines of "he's got all this space to move around" can anyone tell me what else she said before saying this. Her voice wasn't like I expected. Whilst I went to court a few times I never went whilst she was on the stand so I haven't heard her speak before except on the police interview which was only a few words and sounded like she was almost whispering. If you can interpret what else she said I'd be grateful.
Tried searching this podcast I can’t find it can you post a link please

People have mentioned that she sounded different to how they thought - can you explain how she sounded? I imagine her to be quite softly and well spoken.

Kas01980

VIP Member
I’m listening to the trial podcast, nearly finished. Aside from the fact she’s a monster she’s also such a beggy, basic, simpleton isn’t she. Like her bedroom decor *leave a little sparkle* and the cringy messages between her and Dr A read like awkward 14 year olds. Even when she messages her colleagues begging attention.
Embarrassingly, I have never listened to a podcast and have no idea how to find one. How would I find this particular podcast? Do I need to download an app or something?

sebanna

VIP Member
I get the yellow bar. Not the grey.
Think the grey bar shows the ratio of neonatal deaths out of 1000 births born at the Countess of Chester. The grey bar shows the 2015/2016 spike in NNU deaths followed by a big fall after Lucy's removal.
I do know what you mean about the 13 deaths if it was out of 3000 live births it should be higher but it will depend on how many live births and which years they fall into.