Lucy Letby Case #66 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder. I cant imagine he kept all this from his wife, for so long. And then is gone the day he gives evidence? But maybe its so his professional life is protected? So he doesnt have his livelihood ruined by her too
I guess he can still deny it to her, as none of us know whether he actually cheated beyond their “days out” or whatever. I don’t see how it would ruin his livelihood or professional life? Was he anonymised in court even? I doubt it?

Reactions: 6
She had been killing babies for months before he arrived in the scene, I think it wasn't until Feb 2016. He first gave evidence for baby L, so she had been murdering and attempting to murder babies long before him.
June 2015 and they're now investigating previous incidents

Reactions: 7
I guess he can still deny it to her, as none of us know whether he actually cheated beyond their “days out” or whatever. I don’t see how it would ruin his livelihood or professional life? Was he anonymised in court even? I doubt it?
he was, I believe. and she started crying when he was speaking.

June 2015 and they're now investigating previous incidents
2016 is when he's first mentioned for messaging her and he was first a witness to an incident in 2016 🙄 I've been following this case since October, I think I know when she started her killing spree, thanks very much 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hey guys, I took a step away from the threads for a few days because they were going way too fast for me. It will probably calm down a little now and I can catch back up with everyone. Hope you are all keeping okay after the last few days x

It’s interesting to me to see people saying they’ve always thought she looked dead behind the eyes because I don’t think that’s true at all. In all of her “normal” life pictures she looks like a nice, normal girl, friendly and approachable even. There’s nothing demonic looking about her at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Just started listening to the latest Mail podcast.
In general their coverage has been good, particularly the interview with the court artist.

But this episode...
I turned it off when they started the whole "can you imagine?" and "I'd be banging on the table" and "jumping up and down" demanding the police go and look for the real murderer etc in regard to Lucy Letby's police interviews.
Would you?
Would you really?
Or is that just what they do on the tele in crime dramas to make it more dramatic.

Cos, in nature animals when they don't want to be seen stand still....
There is a good illustration of it in a video on twitter (from ring doorbell or security camera) of bear that is just feet from the front door of house when a couple come out.
The bear stands still.
And because the couple aren't expecting to see a bear, their peripheral vision doesn't see it, and they walk back and forward in front of it before getting into their car and driving away.
At which point the bear goes about it's own business.

Plus they called Lucy Letby the Vanilla Killer.... bleh!

• Wow
This is what I was meaning what her life will be like, at least initially

Wonder if it means the same equivalent to certainly what a mans wing or prison means by VP being that standing for Vulnerable Persons, what they get called ponces (the really bad ones in there for what only can be described as despicable things like pweirdo's etc, but not only that former convicted prison officers (bent ones that got caught I mean sometimes at least) and those who owe debt to other prisoners in the general population.
---
Also heard the was plans (though it'd never have saved those poor children at all very sadly as it was thought about after) to make the directors licenced so to make them somehow accountable and struck off if causing something like this, but was shelved when the pandemic hit. Is also an idea for charging those responsible for not stopping her sooner possibly with manslaughter, though don't know how likely that is to happen.

Would make perfect sense a senior manager being or having some oversight of a person with a clinician who's got a GMC number and has to have one for to be able to practice any kind of medicine, but its the accountability making them fully comply with those regulations and laws, the director of nursing there got suspended as well I've heard.
---
Not sure if the documentary people are talking about in here is the one Panorama did or which ever, but when with the Panorama one when Letby's friend says it's so out of character, rather is almost exactly what a much older lady than him said about Ted Bundy, he'd been a volunteer for some kind of help hotline of some kind and would particularly if it was dark and everything, would walk her to her car and for all intending purposes was a perfect gent. She had absolutely no idea he was going around US college campuses or going into dorms and killing women (or he would go onto had he not been doing that at the time), I believe somehow resembling his love interest he'd attempted to woe, which he had finally got with, but for some I believe unknown reason all of a sudden broke off all contact with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
View attachment 2397934
a message sent today to COCH staff 👍
I don't agree with this - the hospital are trying to control the narrative and prevent any more negative PR coming out. This is not altruistic at all. People should be free to speak, if and when they want to.
---
Did @xhc___ and @nosycowmoo ever spill their tea that had to wait until post-verdict?

xhc___ said she spoke to a medical professional who said something about Letby being a "Beverley Allitt fan", and nosycowmoo overheard a conversion at court that made her sure Letby was guilty.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
It’s interesting to me to see people saying they’ve always thought she looked dead behind the eyes because I don’t think that’s true at all. In all of her “normal” life pictures she looks like a nice, normal girl, friendly and approachable even. There’s nothing demonic looking about her at all.
That's exactly what I think

Reactions: 4
xhc___ said she spoke to a medical professional who said something about Letby being a "Beverley Allitt fan"
According to think they were a reporter (would need to watch their title bit in the Panorama episode regarding her though to confirm that), who was at the trial, the prosecution in their opening statement mentioned absolutely nothing of the sort apparently, that she hadn't had any kind of interest in any serial killers or no evidence certainly to suggest that.

Reactions: 4
I don't agree with this - the hospital are trying to control the narrative and prevent any more negative PR coming out. This is not altruistic at all. People should be free to speak, if and when they want to.
Maybe...
Or they are trying to stop wild rumours, or some blabbermouth revealing the details of the parents or children.

Maybe...
Or they are trying to stop wild rumours, or some blabbermouth revealing the details of the parents or children.
It will be very interesting to me if some of the parents wish to break the court ordered anonymity and what or if any legal actions will be taken against them. In Australia several years ago a survivor of CSA wished to speak out and the anonymity order about her case prevented her from doing so. She fought a protracted legal battle to be permitted to name herself. For the rights of every SA survivor to make the decision to break the anonymity order on their own cases.

Her name is Grace Tame. (Pron. Tar-May) She is a courageous & fascinating young woman whose own tragedy and trauma has wounded but not beaten her. When she finally won the right to tell her story, to name the names she wanted known beginning with her own, the depths of the complicity by education, health, police and judicial authorities in her on-going abuse by a teacher and in the efforts taken to exonerate him were finally known.

When all Letby's appeals have been exhausted and those bereaved families can finally tell all they know without risk of giving Lucy-Fer any technicality of evidence to hang a plea for mercy on, I think the breadth of this cover-up at the hospital, the identity of "Dr Dreamy" , his role and level of influence with the managers, the nurses' union officials' role & level of influence in this wall of protection erected around her will be known. I think there are a lot more people with very dark questions to answer in all of this. Her over-indulgent parents among them.

If she has MBP or Factitious Disorder Inflicted on Others as they call it now, that is almost always done by a very specific group in society.
98% are women
96% of them are mothers between the ages of 25-40

They are typically married and overwhelmingly have a history of working in health & medical fields. It is less common than many think that they showed signs of having had Munchausen's (harming or feigning illness in themselves) before MBP. Ailitt (sp??) did. Letby doesn't appear to. Though I'm suspicious about that. She whined "Be careful I had knee surgery!" as they put her in the cop car. And daddy had driven 100 miles to look after her when she was released from hospital after that surgery. So maybe she did. No one has mentioned it and I recall the Beverley Ailtt trial very well. It was quite a prominent feature of that case. How many days for "being ill" she had off work & Uni.

I have deep suspicions that these stats aren't telling the whole story of Munchausen's tbh with you. I wonder how many more nurses and personal carers there are out there doing this not only to babies & children in their care but to the elderly and the disabled. Being better able to disguise their behaviours. Aided by having workplaces where lax regulation, lack of security and a culture of covering each others arses allow them to go undetected.

Every time a doctor or a nurse is caught killing patients we get "OMG how could anyone have ever dreamed a doctor/nurse could do such things!"

Ffs. These are just some of the more salacious cases since the year 2000.
Beverley Allitt
Elizabeth Wettlauffer (Canada)
Colin Campbell (Scotland)
Niels Hoegel (Germany)
Daniela Poggiali (Italy)
Charles Cullen who is interestingly enough, New Jersey's most prolific serial killer. I imagine that takes some doing.
Stephan Letter - (Germany)
Kimberley Saenz (US)
Kristen Gilbert (US) She killed disabled war veterans
Petr Zelenka (Poland)
Then there was the lesbian couple Cathy Wood & Gwendolyn Graham (US) a decade earlier who did private nursing & killed as a romantic adventure. Alzheimer's patients mostly. It was a real geriatric Hindley & Brady dynamic they had going on.

Should we not ask our health authorities to do a bit more due diligence on this? Some of these people have scores of over a hundred victims. They make Harold Shipman look positively under achieving.

We know that kiddie fiddlers seek professions which allow them to interact with their preferred target. Teaching, coaching, "Youth Pastors" bus driving etc.
Why would it be out of order to suggest that people with MPB seek out jobs in healthcare for similar motivations? Maybe there should be closer observation of what goes on in those wards. After all, we get observed fairly closely in Tesco. The technology exists.

EDIT:
Sorry I forgot to link the book all these stats on MPD came from. I'm a TC nutter in my spare time & this genre of killers fascinates me. Yes I own that book. In paperback.
:rolleyes: I never claimed not to be a nutter - see above.

Amazon product

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
I am confused as to why people are still wondering why she killed the kids. She was trying to get the attention of the doctor she was obsessed with. He was the one who was called when there were emergencies.
Every article I have seen has mentioned this.
That was the way she got closer to him, before they started their relationship outside the hospital
She started before she met him.
---
---
Did @xhc___ and @nosycowmoo ever spill their tea that had to wait until post-verdict?

xhc___ said she spoke to a medical professional who said something about Letby being a "Beverley Allitt fan", and nosycowmoo overheard a conversion at court that made her sure Letby was guilty.
I think they’re telling people not to speak because the investigation is still on going. I think we haven’t heard stories from other nurses who worked with her etc for this very reason.

She was not tried for every baby she is thought to have killed, which is very heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Interesting part on the operation hummingbird documentary

They have a central reception team that deals with any public/media enquiries relating to OpH instead of it going through the main control room.

Part of what they do is monitor and assess any threat, risk or harm related to social and digital media 👀 do you think they have come across our threads?

Bet Richard Gill was top of their list.
Feel sorry for whoever has needed to read this, especially on weekends 😬 I feel exposed.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
he was, I believe. and she started crying when he was speaking.
He was named in court. It just couldn’t be reported. The same as the baby’s names were read in court.

He gave his evidence behind a screen so she couldn’t see him but he was definitely named.

Reactions: 14
duck @JellyDonut that must be so surreal, also

Even if I didn’t know her crimes I’d think she was a weirdo for wearing socks & hideous kitten heels on a night out.

She’s not “normal” cause compared to the majority of her peers her co-dependant behaviour with her mum & dad isnt healthy, taking her dad (Radiator salesman) to a disciplinary when she’s in her mid 20s is weird, this weirdness exudes from the “normal” photos you speak of.
I agree that relying on her father in her 20s is strange and her parents over indulged her. But someone wearing socks and kitten heels is not necessarily a serial killer psychos don't wear uniforms or have psycho written on their foreheads.

Reactions: 5
I’m still a full thread behind from Monday so apologies if been said but I always thought baby Q was triplet to babies P & O. I can’t believe I got it all wrong the whole time!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.