Lucy Letby Case #66 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m
Just started listening to the latest Mail podcast.
In general their coverage has been good, particularly the interview with the court artist.

But this episode...
I turned it off when they started the whole "can you imagine?" and "I'd be banging on the table" and "jumping up and down" demanding the police go and look for the real murderer etc in regard to Lucy Letby's police interviews.
Would you?
Would you really?
Or is that just what they do on the tele in crime dramas to make it more dramatic.

Cos, in nature animals when they don't want to be seen stand still....
There is a good illustration of it in a video on twitter (from ring doorbell or security camera) of bear that is just feet from the front door of house when a couple come out.
The bear stands still.
And because the couple aren't expecting to see a bear, their peripheral vision doesn't see it, and they walk back and forward in front of it before getting into their car and driving away.
At which point the bear goes about it's own business.

Plus they called Lucy Letby the Vanilla Killer.... bleh!
Agreed. Not sure what I’d do exactly but I’d probably be quite shocked and quiet and just cooperate in any way I could

Reactions: 5
If I was a wife who suspected it was my husband I’d have gone to court to find out for sure. But that’s just me.

And when my ex was having an affair while I was pregnant I’d found out the other woman’s name, her husband’s name, and her home address, in about 10 minutes. I promise I’m not a psycho.

So I’d definitely have gone to that courtroom!
Me too! Although the only texts that were revealed in court were the ones pertinent to the case - i.e. the messages sent when she was on the shifts linked to each of the babies. I think there are only 3 main people who know the full extent of the affair - LL, NN and the data analyst on the Cheshire Police documentary, who will know EVERYTHING about their affair as no doubt there were thousands of messages between the two that she had to read through.

Reactions: 14
Maybe...
Or they are trying to stop wild rumours, or some blabbermouth revealing the details of the parents or children.
The press will already know
Maybe...
Or they are trying to stop wild rumours, or some blabbermouth revealing the details of the parents or children.
the press wouldn’t publish those names as there are court orders preventing it, it’s definitely to shut down anything but the official line

Reactions: 1
Interesting phrasing about parents that has been informed that “the birth of their child” is part of the ongoing inquiry. They were informed earlier this year apparently. Would have thought it would be “their time on the unit” etc if like the other cases.
I know she attended births too.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Interesting phrasing about parents that has been informed that “the birth of their child” is part of the ongoing inquiry. They were informed earlier this year apparently. Would have thought it would be “their time on the unit” etc if like the other cases.
I know she attended births too.
What was her role at Liverpool womans, could it relate to the deaths there, so not on the unit at Chester?

Reactions: 4
Also very interesting that she wrote the
“No one will ever know what happened or why” note AFTER the first arrest and the 6 further handover notes that were found at her parents’ house after the first arrest also. So no handovers at their house in the first arrest, but 6 all that time later at the second arrest. Where had she stashed them after the first arrest? She absolutely wanted these things found. These must be in the ones marked keep. They are indisputably trophies. I wonder if they pressed her either in police interview or in court on how exactly those handovers had got there after the first house searches.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
One thing I’ve always wondered about in awful heinous cases like this is their lawyer. How do you defend this? I understand everyone is entitled to defence and a fair trial but how do you sleep at night knowing the next day you’re going to court to try and get this person off? Truly boggles my mind

Reactions: 2
One thing I’ve always wondered about in awful heinous cases like this is their lawyer. How do you defend this? I understand everyone is entitled to defence and a fair trial but how do you sleep at night knowing the next day you’re going to court to try and get this person off? Truly boggles my mind
They are used to it and trained as such to put personal thoughts or feelings aside to ensure that the law is upheld. I don’t think it’s the kind of job just anyone could do.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My understanding is that BM is in a pool of defence so he essential didn’t choose to defend her but as part of his job he had too.
He did a really good job and I am thankful for that as she can’t claim she got an unfair trial.
We need good defence lawyers to ensure that British justice is fair and someone needs to do that job, it doesnt mean he thinks she’s not guilty
---
If she’s charged again will she have the same prosecution and defence lawyers or will it be a new team completely ?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Do you think anybody here, that’s followed the case every day for almost a year.. actually believes that she’s guilty because of her footwear?
Sorry I thought that was the smoking gun in her case? Are you trying to tell me now it’s A bleeping JOKE? I am SHOCKED 😒🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Did she pay for her defence team? Presumably so? Just sitting here thinking if I were accused of a crime tomorrow I wouldn’t have the money to pay for a shithot KC like BM! (Obviously I haven’t committed a crime, just feel the need to clarify that)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
A black bin bag appeared in her garage between the 1st and 2nd arrest and that’s where the “nobody knows what happened and why” note was then discovered. She was not supposed to return to her own house between the arrests.
At the same time and date her parents place is searched and the further 6 handovers are found. Raises serious questions about where she got those handovers from and an insight into her psyche that even after what she’s accused of and been found to have all those medical records collated under her bed, she still couldn’t be without more handovers and marked them “keep”. Totally mind boggling. She should have to answer how she got them and how she got them to her parents home.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Me too! Although the only texts that were revealed in court were the ones pertinent to the case - i.e. the messages sent when she was on the shifts linked to each of the babies. I think there are only 3 main people who know the full extent of the affair - LL, NN and the data analyst on the Cheshire Police documentary, who will know EVERYTHING about their affair as no doubt there were thousands of messages between the two that she had to read through.
NN? Surely Dr A also knows?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When I was down at court during one of the days of deliberations, Mrs Letby was taking photos of a reporter/presenter outside the court, who was doing nothing more than sitting on a folding chair, drinking a coffee and scrolling through her phone. Make of that what you will, I still can't get my head around it.
Okay that’s vastly different to responding to someone taking pictures of her. The more I hear about this woman the more she reminds me of the mother of someone I once knew. The someone I once knew was devoid of empathy and I always thought her mother was to blame for a lot of her crappy behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Do you think anybody here, that’s followed the case every day for almost a year.. actually believes that she’s guilty because of her footwear?

She can add crimes against fashion to her list.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
He defended her well. If she'd not had a good defence, she could claim an unfair trial and have a retrial so he would have been able to sleep at night knowing he was allowing justice to be served.
I agree though. It takes a certain type of person, I'd have not been able to hold it together!

Reactions: 12
Sorry I thought that was the smoking gun in her case? Are you trying to tell me now it’s A bleeping JOKE? I am SHOCKED 😒🙄
I'm devastated to think it may have been a joke..I dread to think what I'm going to hear next 😉 ten bloody months, or more and I'm just finding this out😪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.