Lucy Letby Case #65 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wtf? Did you mean for your comment to sound as insane as it sounds? Are you trying to say that a disabled child would be better off dead? I've never heard such bullshit. Gosh, I have relatives with learning disabilities and there's no way I'd rather they weren't here! You know, actually they are some of the kindest most beautiful people I know. I don't think this is the time or place for bs comments like this.

What planet are some people on?!
My daughter is one of the sweetest, most innocent, non judgmental teenagers there is. My world would be so much less without her here.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Does anyone know why she got 14 WLO? And why MJG said 7 counts of murder and 7 counts of attempted murder. I thiugh it was 13 charged (6 attempted murder)

Same, I just recently bought the new Tamagotchi and I don't know how i'd sleep without my Squishmallows 😆

It's one thing to think it's odd, it's another thing to draw the conclusion that someone must be crazy or suffer from some kind of personality disorder because they have teddies ffs. I think people are reading far too much into the psychopathy of these things that a large proportion of the population partake in.
The difference is that this particular person is a serial killer. That doesn't mean that everyone who has teddies on their bed, or receives cards from their cat, is also a serial killer, but that doesn't mean those things aren't relevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone know why she got 14 WLO? And why MJG said 7 counts of murder and 7 counts of attempted murder. I thiugh it was 13 charged (6 attempted murder)
I think it's 7 counts of attempted murder against 6 babies.

Thanks to everyone in this thread, I haven't posted but have followed through all 65. Very tearful today but glad justice has been done.

Reactions: 10
What did I read about her Dad arranging her teddies on her bed. That’s pretty odd isn’t it?!
I agree it’s a bit weird imo. I’m the same age as Letby and I wouldn’t have had teddies on my bed. Some people might for sentimental reasons or whatever.
The difference is that this particular person is a serial killer. That doesn't mean that everyone who has teddies on their bed, or receives cards from their cat, is also a serial killer, but that doesn't mean those things aren't relevant.
Yes, exactly 👏🏻

Reactions: 6
I don’t eat animals because I think their lives are worth while, I mean heck 30% of India is vegetarian because they don’t think you should exploit animals. I have never once thought it would be a good idea to get a job as a nurse so I could murder innocent babies.

Caring about animals doesn’t make you a psychopath, evidence usually suggests the opposite, with cruelty to animals normally a starting sign of distressing and disturbing tendencies.

It’s definitely a massive reach to try and claim that because she loved her cats people should have been aware that she’s the devil incarnate which seems to be what people are trying to get at…

I’ve followed this trial in the press, not on here as it’s too heavy for me personally, but what I’ve been struck by is just how little we know about her. It’s actually kind of terrifying that there doesn’t seem to be any identifying factor for why she is the way she is. It makes me feel like it could literally be anyone, which is really very terrifying.
Not once did I say caring about animals means you are a psychopath. I love animals.

If one more person asks a question that we’ve discussed AT LENGTH for 60+ threads (AND HAS AN ANSWER IN THE WIKI) I will have a menty B. I miss when this thread was for talking about mr tumble and the wrong fella :(

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
For those like Lucy who refuse to attend court should have their sentence broad casted on loud speaker to the wing of the prison where they are going to spend their first part of sentence.

Then nothing for her to do (no books, papers etc) for a period time to make them think about what they have done.

All comfort items (like her blankets) should be removed from from her and destroyed. She should not have anything of comfort.
Going forward her cell should be just the absolute minimum with random books and paper /pen to occupy her. No tv. No visits. 1 hour outside for activity.

Randomly and regularly she should be moved without notice and not told where she’s going.

She should have no choice but to be studied including mri and Ct’s whilst still alive to see how the brains of evil killers work.
If she stops eat then a ng rammed down her throat seems operate with major over feeding /liquid pumped in on occasions.
I quite agree with you.

I’m against the death penalty; I don’t think state sponsored killing is anything to be supportive of, and two wrongs don’t make a right.

im also of the belief that where possible prison should be a place to be rehabilitated; however in this case, given Lucy Letby will never be released from prison, there is no reason to pretend to rehabilitate her. In those circumstances, I believe she should be stripped of even the most basic pleasure, such as reading, writing, and any comforting items. She should live the rest of her life in complete misery. That is punishment enough.

I don’t have teddies on my bed, that doesn’t make me any better or any less weird than those who do. Let’s not use this thread as a way to stigmatise people who have foibles that are different from our own.
I am not sorry to say I loved my dog more than most people; seeing how people can act towards one another reinforces my belief.

I’m also not sorry to say that if you’re triggered by something you read here, that is your responsibility, not the person who wrote it.
I have PTSD, I couldn’t read any of the Sarah Everard/ Wayne Couzens stuff for the good of my own mental health, because of how it triggered my own traumatic memories. If you need to be protective of your own mental health and find stuff on here triggering, that is your klaxon to self preserve by not reading here.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I know what you mean. I was thinking about it last night and (with my very limited knowledge on these things) I thought if life was that "beige" and "vanilla" and "boring" as we think hers was, and if she did have psychopathic or sociopathic tendencies or disorders... is this the only way she could get any kind of thrill in her normal life? Was living on the edge of being caught and doing the most horrendous things literally just that? To feel something because life isn't exciting to her? And would YOU admit something so awful? No one would. So obviously she will deny it forever. I am hugely speculating here obviously. Just some thoughts, but in truth we will probably never know.

ETA: I am in no way sympathising here, the things she did were abhorrent!
I think she was desperately lonely. Her friend said they both avoided the popular kids in 6th form. She probably never received an ounce of attention from men growing up and always wanted to fit in. It's dreadful to think that all of this might've happened because of her pathetic need for attention but...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
If LL does go to the prison Joanna Dennehy is at then will Joanna know who she is? Will she be able to 'get to her'? And will Joanna know she's coming to the prison? How does it work? Xx

I suppose there’s always a possibility of an unmanned door etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I quite agree with you.

I’m against the death penalty; I don’t think state sponsored killing is anything to be supportive of, and two wrongs don’t make a right.

im also of the belief that where possible prison should be a place to be rehabilitated; however in this case, given Lucy Letby will never be released from prison, there is no reason to pretend to rehabilitate her. In those circumstances, I believe she should be stripped of even the most basic pleasure, such as reading, writing, and any comforting items. She should live the rest of her life in complete misery. That is punishment enough.

I don’t have teddies on my bed, that doesn’t make me any better or any less weird than those who do. Let’s not use this thread as a way to stigmatise people who have foibles that are different from our own.
I am not sorry to say I loved my dog more than most people; seeing how people can act towards one another reinforces my belief.

I’m also not sorry to say that if you’re triggered by something you read here, that is your responsibility, not the person who wrote it.
I have PTSD, I couldn’t read any of the Sarah Everard/ Wayne Couzens stuff for the good of my own mental health, because of how it triggered my own traumatic memories. If you need to be protective of your own mental health and find stuff on here triggering, that is your klaxon to self preserve by not reading here.
I agree with you for the most part but I didn't expect to read a post saying a child would be better off dead than disabled on this thread, given the subject matter, so I'm not sure I could have protected myself from that particular post.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just read the Guardian's summary and Goss's closing remarks to the parents ❤

His final words, once the television cameras were switched off, were directed towards the families of the victims. To those whose children had been murdered he offered his “serious condolences” and then, as his voice cracked with emotion, he added: “For all of you, your lives will remain transformed. Your behaviour and dignity has been the highest.”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I get that that poster has apologised already and didn’t mean to offend, but many of us on these threads are parents of children who have disabilities. Of course people are going to react badly to that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I think it's 7 counts of attempted murder against 6 babies.

Thanks to everyone in this thread, I haven't posted but have followed through all 65. Very tearful today but glad justice has been done.
Ah yes, completely slipped my mind 🙁

If LL does go to the prison Joanna Dennehy is at then will Joanna know who she is? Will she be able to 'get to her'? And will Joanna know she's coming to the prison? How does it work? Xx
Lucy’s teddies don’t stand a chance with Dennehy’s big knife!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I agree with you for the most part but I didn't expect to read a post saying a child would be better off dead than disabled on this thread, given the subject matter, so I'm not sure I could have protected myself from that particular post.
Neither did I, but we are where we are.
Asking for someone to repeatedly apologise or delete their post is just going beyond reasonable. It’s a forum of other people’s opinions, that’s all.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
its not about being personally triggering.
It's an emotive subject which ever way you look at it.
I've followed the trial from day 1, my twins spent time in NICU, of course I was going to be triggered by the case, but I was also interested.
You can still call people out for speaking about such a sensitive topic whether you are personally triggered or not.
It's not hard to be respectful of others, especially on a thread such like this where lots of people have spoke about their own neonatal journey's and journey's with children who face life long and life limiting conditions.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The irony is that despite being Lucy's biggest supporter her parents are victims of Lucy's crimes. They will never see their daughter outside of prison and have grandchildren. They will become notorious as the parents of a serial killer and fear attack. The world is now wondering where they went wrong and looking to blame them. I don't know if they are terrible people or not but they are loving and loyal parents and Lucy has thrown that back at them and ruined their lives.
I think they know exactly who she is and that her parents are also ‘not right’

Reactions: 3
I can understand how anyone who has soft toys on their bed/celebrates birthdays with cats/has hun signs of live/laugh/love or enjoys writing in their teddy diaries can take offence but the combination of all of the above does point to a fundamental emotional immaturity for a woman approaching 30. There is something rather infantile about her behaviour when viewed in totality.

I've followed the trial since it started (not on here) and apologies to those in advance who have remonstrated with anyone having the temerity to post now :rolleyes: but am I correct in saying there has been no evidence of boyfriends/relationships (Besides from the infatuation with the registrar)?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.