Lucy Letby Case #65 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the hospital execs who failed to listen to the consultants warnings should be sacked
And should have to pay the victims some compensation too. They also should have been made to attend court and hear those heartbreaking victim impact statements. I imagine even Gossy had tears in his eyes when he heard them :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
This is such a slap in the face for the victims. She continues to take no responsibility for her actions. It's like almost she still has a 'control element / one up' on these families. Absolutely no remorse. Horrible.

Reactions: 14
To all the newbies - we were discussing on previous threads about maybe making a donation to your local NICU/baby loss charities in memory of those poor little souls(If you have the money to do so of course as we are in a COL crisis). If you were feeling compelled to do so maybe this would be a fab idea if you wanted to buy a pin that the families are wearing etc but aren’t able to as they aren’t for sale ❤
This is a brilliant idea. I've messaged my local NICU to ask how to donate directly to them. Our hospital has a Children's Hospital charity which I donate to regularly, but just want to make sure it gets to the NICU in this instance

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm curious about how this works? Can anybody attend any trial that is taking place, or do they have to know somebody/have a particular job role to attend?
You can go to basically any trial you like.

I went to the crown court, went through security, and headed up to Court 8 where the stream for this trial was played. Nobody asked my name or who I was, it’s completely open to anybody. When that session was called off I popped to another court and watched that instead from the public bench.

It’s part of open justice.

Reactions: 17
We stopped at some services half an hour ago and saw the sentencing is due 12.30pm so carried on a bit further and stopped again, hoping to watch live on the bbc app 🤞🏻

I’ve only seen a couple of brief notifications regarding victim statements so far, will read them in full later when I can focus properly. Sounds utterly heartbreaking though 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 24
If they refuse to appear for sentencing, not only should they have additional time added (which would not matter in this case) but all privileges take away from them whilst in jail.

No visits, phone calls, TV, no prison job etc…

Totally agree

Reactions: 8
Sadly except one of them, most of those directly involved in the cover up have 'retired'. I hope that they have their NHS pensions stripped from them.
This makes me sick. I truly hope there is still some consequence for them. They shouldnt get to live happily ever after with their big fat wallets!

Reactions: 6
Not sure if anyone is listening to BBC news. But the person talking about them changing the law to make defendants hear the sentencing and verdicts. I agree in a way that they shouldn’t be given the chance to disrupt the victim impact statements, he did suggest a video of the VIS being played in the cell they are in and I think this would be a good idea. Then they can’t get away from it

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I really hope something is done for the families who received a NG verdict. It’s heartbreaking to think they’ve lived and breathed this trial (and every day) the loss of their child or children and there’s been no real justice for them. What were the cases for those who received a NG? Was it just that the jury found there wasn’t enough direct evidence to produce a G verdict? What briefly were the cases where she was found to be NG?? I’m still shocked she wasn’t found G on all accounts if I’m honest. I know it’s harrowing for the jury, but it’s surely even more awful knowing you not coming to a decision has meant families aren’t getting justice idk..
Whether someone did it and the burden of proof for criminal convictions they did it is very different. They aren't judging whether you think on a personal level they did it you are judging whether legally the evidence is strong enough. Thats why shes such a slippery fucker she changed methods so much for precisely this reason. I think Ben Myers thinks she did it he's a cracking defence lawyer but his defence was poor. Defence lawyers have already come out and said that. Some greedy bastard would take her case on for the money and prestige. I honestly hope someone ends her in prison. There's no way she's not going to appeal , lucia de Burke got out and it's likely she did it.
Christina Aistrup Hansen had her life imprisonment reduced to 12 years.

Reactions: 10
I managed to get get halfway through the parents statements and I can't continue, it's horrific what has resulted from this bleep's actions.
I hope it is reminded of what a piece of tit it is every day of its life. It should be tortured like those poor little babies were. True evil walks among us but thankfully this waste of life will be locked up for the rest of its natural life. I hope it lives a very long time and I hope it suffers until the very end.

Having found just reading the statements impossible I cannot begin to imagine what those parents and other family members are feeling  Truly heartbreaking.

Thoughts with everyone, especially those of you who have been to court.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
People are obsessed with the idea that evil people can be "fixed". Some people are just evil, no explanation, nothing - they were born that way.
I completely agree. I see people blaming ‘society’. I’m the most left wing person most of the time but no, society is not responsible for freak accidents of nature who have parts of their brain missing.

Reactions: 16
Not sure if anyone is listening to BBC news. But the person talking about them changing the law to make defendants hear the sentencing and verdicts. I agree in a way that they shouldn’t be given the chance to disrupt the victim impact statements, he did suggest a video of the VIS being played in the cell they are in and I think this would be a good idea. Then they can’t get away from it
Yes I was listening to this too, and do agree. It would be worse for the verdict to become a circus. At the end of the day, the trial is about the victims.

Reactions: 4
Yes. So it's extra baffling to me that they couldn't reach a verdict.

A lot of the criticism of this case has been the lack of direct evidence. But this is a case where there WAS direct evidence - Ravi Jayram saw her standing over baby K doing nothing whilst she deteriorated. BNE staying silent for the relevant time period in court was also one of the most powerful moments for me. I just don't get it.
BNE counted 30 seconds in court which was the amount of time it was believed by Dr Jayaram that she had left baby K to desaturate. It felt like an interminable length of time and highlighted the cruelty of Letby and the suffering of this very premature baby. Everyone listening in the adjoining courtroom, police and public were very moved.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
New to this thread - I was following early on but then my own baby passed away and I found it too hard to keep up with the trial.

I’m at work with tears in my eyes at the thought of something so cruel being done to an innocent and defenceless child 💔 As someone who has lost a baby, albeit not at the hands of another ‘person’ (words I would like to describe her with are not appropriate) I will hold the parents in my heart forever.

I would love to know these poor babies names to be able to honour them in some way, but I know they’re not being released.

I’m so glad she is getting what she deserves and I hope someone gets hold of her in prison somehow.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your darling baby. Sending you lots of virtual hugs today. Be kind to yourself and switch off if you need to.

• Heart
God I feel absolutely violently sick seeing the news that she’s about to be sentenced. Sending you all love and massive hugs

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.