Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve kept quiet in these threads for a couple of days because to be quite honest the whole thing was turning my stomach. Have now read up on yesterdays notes and this mornings. I’m finding it harder and harder to believe this is all coincidental or that she was scapegoated.

Will the defence be doing opening statements in the same way the prosecution is? I’m really interested to see the other perspective now.

Reactions: 21
Absolutely gobsmacked after hearing about the handwritten “confession”
It’s not looking good but I said I would hear what the defence have to say…

Reactions: 7
Also she said “I did this because I am not good enough” - they could spin this to mean that she was blaming herself for not being a good enough nurse, rather than “I did this”… but I do think she’s probably guilty. Been my assumption since the start tbh! Just thinking about how the defence will try to spin it

Reactions: 10
I don’t know how the defence will explain that. Utterly heartbreaking.
Maybe they will change their defence to say she’s mentally unstable and go for a lesser sentence.
This is what I thought…surely the aim is a lesser sentence with the gravity of the evidence at this point…

Reactions: 2
IF you were to play devils advocate, you could say due to her mental stAte regarding being put on admin duties under suspicion and that the police had been involved and she was arrested, she might have been berating herself as responsible despite not having intentionally killed them.
i imagine the defence will focus on the notes protesting her innocence and asking questions as to how it’s ended up at that point. And that the statements of evil were made in a moment of. despair
This will definitely be her defence because there’s a conflict in the notes, she says she’s innocent and seems to be trying to work out how it happened, but then says she did it.

Reactions: 13
I don’t know how the defence will explain that. Utterly heartbreaking.
Maybe they will change their defence to say she’s mentally unstable and go for a lesser sentence.
She would had to have been unstable consistently for a lengthy period of time. Also the notes indicate she knew the difference between right and wrong which doesn't point to her not being of sound mind

Reactions: 13
Christ almighty, just processing it all. The prosecution have schooled us in how to present a convincing case imo.

Reactions: 11
Imagine the atmosphere in court when the notes were read out 🥲
Poor parents hearing that, will the jurors have seen there faces as in my option she’s just admitted killing heir children

• Sad
Reactions: 18
The defence might well “spin” the notes in the whole that she felt inadequate etc but I’m not sure that is enough to give reasonable doubt for me personally. I’ll be interested to see if the rest of their defence as a whole gives more R.D but I do think the prosecution have set the bar high from my view. Interested to hear their opening statement

Reactions: 12
The notes sounds to me likes she's panicked
'Who knows what? What evidence do they have? Who can prove what?' Personally that sounds like guilty ramblings of someone trying to keep a check of it all.

Reactions: 39
I can imagine the defence saying that it was the hospitals fault for not seeing she was unstable and removing her from her job? And that they should’ve had care for her to prevent it. Some BS I can imagine them going with

Reactions: 1
I said I'd stay on the fence, that note she wrote has just sealed it. Guilty. You do not write that you are evil and done it if u are innocent. Wow.

Reactions: 30
'Who knows what? What evidence do they have? Who can prove what?' Personally that sounds like guilty ramblings of someone trying to keep a check of it all.
Yeah agreed. It sounds like she was working out how she was going to get out of it and be one step ahead

Reactions: 18
Yes almost like the fully thought no one was on to what she was doing & then clearly heard whispers so was trying to pen down her worries/thoughts.

Reactions: 7
I feel the defence may go for a burnout over worked role. Short staffing meant she felt she had to pick up the slack for the sake of some colleagues who had responsibilities outside of work and burnout caused her to make irreversible mistakes, and affected her clinical judgment and messed with her state of mind.
Obviously my opinion before I'm jumped on.
When court resumes we will be able to gather a picture of how they will fight back.

Reactions: 20
I reckon her defence will say she was fucked in the head by all of the accusations, she didn’t kill them but was gaslit into thinking she was at fault and was evil etc and that’s why she wrote the notes.

Reactions: 20
IF you were to play devils advocate, you could say due to her mental stAte regarding being put on admin duties under suspicion and that the police had been involved and she was arrested, she might have been berating herself as responsible despite not having intentionally killed them.
i imagine the defence will focus on the notes protesting her innocence and asking questions as to how it’s ended up at that point. And that the statements of evil were made in a moment of. despair
Yes, I can see that happening… I’m one of those people who go into self loathing mode if something bad happens and could quite easier see myself writing something like that about me. Like, I remember when my daughter was a year old and she fell off the sofa and bumped her head. She was fine. But I’m sure messages I sent my friends would have read “this is my fault/I’m a bad mother/she deserves better” because that’s the kind of person I am. Not standing up for her in any way but it’s an attitude I understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.