Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few nurses on here said it is plausible to have a hand over sheet at home however are all nurses in agreement you bin them when you find them or could you say right now you have a handover sheet in your house from months/years ago?
I have handovers in my locker at times and have brought them home. It happens. I take them back my next shift and my locker ones I clear out.

Reactions: 5
The defence will know about these notes so will be interesting to see how the explain these. Will they argue she was referring to something else? Try to claim they were planted? I’m on the fence and trying hard to keep an open mind throughout but this is pretty damming

Reactions: 22
She’s still pleading not guilty knowing that this will be shown in court... I’m interested in what the defence will have to say

The defence will know about these notes so will be interesting to see how the explain these. Will they argue she was referring to something else? Try to claim they were planted? I’m on the fence and trying hard to keep an open mind throughout but this is pretty damming
I’m wondering the same x

Reactions: 15
IF you were to play devils advocate, you could say due to her mental stAte regarding being put on admin duties under suspicion and that the police had been involved and she was arrested, she might have been berating herself as responsible despite not having intentionally killed them.
i imagine the defence will focus on the notes protesting her innocence and asking questions as to how it’s ended up at that point. And that the statements of evil were made in a moment of. despair

• Haha
Reactions: 40
God this is just awful :( wonder if they'll argue she was drunk/medicated and in a fragile mental place. Just awful though. Those poor poor babies and families. I can't even imagine :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4
If she hadn't wrote the on purpose part I would have thought it was the guilt health professionals often feel when someone dies. You reflect what you could have done differently.
On purpose though throws that one out.

Reactions: 23
Devils advocate for a moment…’because I’m not good enough’ …if hospital negligence is the cause, she could have felt gaslighted into thinking it was all her fault? I don’t really think this is the case I think she’s a murderer of the highest horrific order but that was my first thought about the ‘not good enough’ bit

Reactions: 30
Maybe cite mental breakdown, depths of despair, depression, stress of dealing with traumatic events. Stating it was her perception rather than reality

Reactions: 12
"On July 3 she was arrested at her home, where the house was searched.

"In addition to some of the paperwork, they found sme other interesting items.

"There were some Post-it notes with closely written words on them, some of which included the names of some of her colleagues.

"On some of the notes were phrases such as “Why/how has this happened – what process has led to this current situation. What allegations have been made and by who? Do they have written evidence to support their comments?"

Don’t quite understand what the last paragraph is supposed to mean? Can anyone expand?
I think they mean those phrases were written on notes. So they are alleging Letby wrote “Why/how has this happened – what process has led to this current situation. What allegations have been made and by who? Do they have written evidence to support their comments?"

Reactions: 4
If she hadn't wrote the on purpose part I would have thought it was the guilt health professionals often feel when someone dies. You reflect what you could have done differently.
This is what I was trying to say in my post 😅 you worded it better than me but I see others have had the same train of thought too

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The post it notes are damming but in terms of reasonable doubt all the defence need to say is they weren't written by her I suppose.

Or as others have said, explain them as her feeling responsible but not ultimately culpable with bad phrasing

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was thinking the same. Defence could argue she meant that she felt to blame for getting their care wrong. But the 'on purpose' part...

They'll probably argue something about state of mind...

Reactions: 9
Devils advocate for a moment…’because I’m not good enough’ …if hospital negligence is the cause, she could have felt gaslighted into thinking it was all her fault? I don’t really think this is the case I think she’s a murderer of the highest horrific order but that was my first thought about the ‘not good enough’ bit
A lot of newly qualified nurses have intruder syndrome where they don't feel good enough or capable.
Did I read that her colleagues were supporting her or was that incorrect journalism?

Reactions: 6
I don’t know how the defence will explain that. Utterly heartbreaking.
Maybe they will change their defence to say she’s mentally unstable and go for a lesser sentence.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.