Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to start reading on sky the leader is leaving loads out I’m not seeing half of what’s being mentioned here

Reactions: 7
So they say she did things so the baby would get worse during the nightshift. So would she then still be present because she worked a dayshift the next day so she could she whats happening

If I was a parent of one of those children I would want that woman dead. They will blame her regardless of what the outcome of this trial is and nobody can blame them. I just feel if I was them and having her actually found guilty it would make me feel like 1% better. Closure for them I guess? Answers? I don’t know. I’m not talking in a rational way just thinking how they may be feeling but if her being found guilty makes the parents of those children feel slightly better then I hope she’s guilty.
i know it means nothing but if guilty they will get a large pay out, maybe help towards rebuilding their lives, take pressure off to properly come to terms with what has happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don’t know if it will come up in the trial but I’d really like to know the family circumstances of these babies.
I know there was some talk of them being from traveller families. I find that hard to believe due to the number of children over a short period but NICU units have a lot of babies where the mother was addicted to drugs or alcohol.
They haven’t mentioned any of these babies being premature due to drugs or alcohol but that may be something that comes up in evidence rather than the opening statement.
if several of these babies were born in those circumstances is the motive some sort of twisted way of “saving” them from that life or that the mother “doesn’t deserve them”
I had this discussion the other day. However it does state that many of these mothers were providing expressed breast milk.

This will come off judgemental but I mean no malice, just rationalising - but I wouldn’t imagine that a person who was addicted to drugs or alcohol and the cause of this was their babies prematurity would be expressing the milk, nor would I imagine the milk to be accepted in terms of contamination?

Reactions: 20
i know it means nothing but if guilty they will get a large pay out, maybe help towards rebuilding their lives, take pressure off to properly come to terms with what has happened.
Yeah there's no way I'd have come to terms with the loss of my child if they'd died this way :(

Reactions: 3

That's the Sky link. It doesn't update as quickly as the other site, but it does contain some details not always reported on the other.

I had this discussion the other day. However it does state that many of these mothers were providing expressed breast milk.

This will come off judgemental but I mean no malice, just rationalising - but I wouldn’t imagine that a person who was addicted to drugs or alcohol and the cause of this was their babies prematurity would be expressing the milk, nor would I imagine the milk to be accepted in terms of contamination?
3 babies in the NICU when we were there were born to drug addicted mothers and they were all given formula milk instead of breast

• Sad
Reactions: 10

That’s a good point. We’ve only heard of one where donor milk was used and that could have been for any reason if the mother’s milk hadn’t come in. Hopefully we’ll get more answers

Reactions: 4
I had a thought about the Facebook searches as well, that she may have been at work when she was searching, and there might have been a discussion about the families between the staff on duty. Nurses work Christmas Day.
In most of those cases they specified it was either her day off or she was off duty, or Christmas day. But they haven't given more details for all of them.

Reactions: 2

I had a bad cesarean and had to have strong pain relief with my eldest and they wouldn't accept my breast milk because if tramadol so definitely would accept BM from someone taking recreational drugs

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'd be interested to know her working patterns. Did the alleged incidents happen on the start of a string of shifts on so she could be there for the aftermath too? Or was there no pattern? Or did she allegedly do it if she was off for a few days after to let the talk settle. Because if there are sudden collapses on a ward nurses do talk about it and reflect with colleagues afterwards.

Reactions: 3
That’s a good point. We’ve only heard of one where donor milk was used and that could have been for any reason if the mother’s milk hadn’t come in. Hopefully we’ll get more answers
Yes, my son was in the NICU and I couldn’t express other than the first drops, my milk just didn’t come.

I did have the same thoughts as you though, in terms of her potential choosing of victims. Just heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.