Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspect her defence will be going down the route of lack of training. supervision etc and will try and tie that into her written "confession" where she states that she was not good enough. To be guilty of murder you have to be able to prove " mens rea" which is the intent to kill. I think her defence are going to try for a manslaughter verdict

Reactions: 6
Lucy Letby 'wrote confesstion declaring: I AM EVIL. I DID THIS' # via https://android.com

Omg, daily mail has more details...she photographed the dead babies in a cot?!?!?!?!?
The photo comment was mentioned directly after it was said she spent time with the parents following their babiesā€™ deaths. My understanding was she took the photo of the babies in the cot for them but could have misinterpreted. I think if they had found the photo on her phone they would have specified that though, but itā€™s not very clear either way

Reactions: 7
Well thay was... wow.

Were they hers, though? Did she take them from someone else? Is it her writing? No mention of that yet as it'll be mentioned later but which of the above will the defence excuse this with?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
so just for context, when she wrote these notes was she working in an admin role in the office and was under investigation for murdering these babies? how did she go about her work if she was under investigation? why wasn't she immediately sacked?
You can't "just sack" someone, even in a very clear gross misconduct case the employer still has to go through a proper process, failure to follow this can result in the dismissal being deemed unfair, and the person could go to a tribunal and end up being reinstated. Moving to a non-patient facing role is quite usual in healthcare settings as an alternative to suspension while an internal investigation is carried out.

Reactions: 19
Well thay was... wow.

Were they hers, though? Did she take them from someone else? Is it her writing? No mention of that yet as it'll be mentioned later but which of the above will the defence excuse this with?
Good god šŸ¤£ The image of her just walking along and seeing some post it notes with Iā€™M EVIL I DID THIS written on them while out on a little walk to the shops and thinking. ā€œHmm wonder what this is about. Iā€™ll take that. Keep it with all those handover notes Iā€™ve gotā€ and whistling off innocently back home

• Haha
Reactions: 22
"It is a theory built 'firmly' on coincidence."

This is a bleeping ballsy and bold statement to make after what the prosecution ended with.

Reactions: 21
I can already tell iā€™m going to be rolling my eyes throughout the whole defence statement

Reactions: 18
Just caught up with todayā€™s proceedings.
I am floored. Interested to see if her notes of her colleagues names and why how ect will be considered as paranoia and argued as potentially paranoid schizophrenia by the defence . Speechless for now
Do u reckon an insanity plea here?

Reactions: 1
Would an innocent person write down on a post it note ā€œI killed them on purposeā€. No šŸ™„šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 26
And since I'll have to explain my previous comment. I'm asking what the DEFENCE will say. Not what I think.

Honestly.

Reactions: 2
Straight in with comments the hospital too should be held accountable
Which I totally agree with however that doesnā€™t mean she canā€™t also be a murderer???? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤” (aimed at defence not you haha)

Also, to others, they canā€™t go down the insanity route, if they were, theyā€™d have had to say that already

Reactions: 13
"Sometimes, things have gone wrong, or the necessary standards of care have not been met, irrespective of anything to do with Lucy Letby. For that, she should not get the blame."

Oh come on Ben, even your own client admitted to the police that some of the things that happened to those babies could not have been accidental.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.