Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People were saying the opening statement from the prosecution was weak/circumstantial at the start though…. I’m personally not ruling out another bombshell 🫣

Reactions: 19
Prosecution: "You won't get your answers [to what Letby is like] through seeing her in the dock.

"This is what she is like six years after the allegations started. That, as you can imagine, is gruelling for anyone.

"You may want to keep that in mind as we go through the evidence in this case."

————————

This sounds like they are going to say she’s slowly gone crazy since the allegations started and they’ll try and explain the post it notes that way

Reactions: 17
Re: all the paperwork at home - I mean, if you were worried about being investigated at work for (at best) gross misconduct/incompetence wouldn’t you make sure you were squeaky clean and have a clean up, make sure you safely shredded and disposed of anything you shouldn’t have. Why was she keeping it all
Was she scribbling on paper and post it’s so it wouldn’t leave a digital trial? It’s all so weird 😩

Reactions: 20
So if she's had one and she's standing trial, they can't argue insanity, can they.

Will she take the stand soon or?
I think defendants are one of the last to be in the witness box for questioning and cross examination. If she does, I reckon it’ll be months.

Reactions: 2
So if she's had one and she's standing trial, they can't argue insanity, can they.

Will she take the stand soon or?
No they shouldn’t be able to argue it. Unless I guess some further evidence comes to light to question her mental state at the time but I would have thought all medical records have been looked at.
I think whether she’s takes the stand is up to LL & the defence (?) however my knowledge of this is sketchy. I think she can choose not to or be advised not to take the stand

Looks like they're going with 'let's throw everybody under the bus and take them all down with me' sort of defence at the minute. Let's see what else they've got.

Reactions: 10
Re: all the paperwork at home - I mean, if you were worried about being investigated at work for (at best) gross misconduct/incompetence wouldn’t you make sure you were squeaky clean and have a clean up, make sure you safely shredded and disposed of anything you shouldn’t have. Why was she keeping it all
Was she scribbling on paper and post it’s so it wouldn’t leave a digital trial? It’s all so weird 😩
This is what bothers me, if you you'd done something and thought you were under suspicion you'd get rid of everything!

Reactions: 16
Speaking from experience it’s quite common for parents to have photos taken of a still born baby 😢, I imagine because they were siblings this was the case on the unit also due to an unexpected death and the parents wanting a picture of them together. I imagine these were taken for the parents and the prosecution are making the point that even though she was allegedly responsible for the death she still acted as if she was sympathetic to the family in some unpalatable way. If they were in her own phone then OMG
I’m so sorry that’s something you have experienced. Sending love to you 😥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m really interested to see if she has fertility issues or something. It would explain a lot. I mean, it wouldn’t make it any better but it would at least give a narrative that my tiny brain can follow.
No. please don’t. I have a large bunch of IVF friends after undergoing infertility myself for several years. It’s NO excuse.

ETA a kinder, more decent bunch of people you’d never wish to meet. NONE of us would take a baby from other parents who truly understands what it means to them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Those notes have literally made my jaw drop and now I think guilty; Facebook searches and texts out of context can be explained away but to write that is a black and white confession imo; I will wait to hear what the defence it of this but it’s not looking good.

The ‘because I’m not good enough’ part of the note is the only subjective bit, though it could align with what a user here suggested - she could have been causing these crashes to come in as a “saviour”.

Reactions: 9
Wow. Those notes are as close to a confession as possible, especially damning if colleagues names are on them.

Absolutely mental. I’ve tried to stay neutral but I don’t see how she can wrangle out of this. If she’s guilty she should plead guilty now, and spend the rest of her life in prison working on her derangement and doing something useful in prison workshops.

Unbelievable. She looks like the type of girl a mother would be very happy with on first impressions of her son brought her home to meet.

"I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough...I am evil, I did this"

Can't ask for more of a smoking gun than that.

Utterly heartbreaking. Unfathomable.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No they shouldn’t be able to argue it. Unless I guess some further evidence comes to light to question her mental state at the time but I would have thought all medical records have been looked at.
I think whether she’s takes the stand is up to LL & the defence (?) however my knowledge of this is sketchy. I think she can choose not to or be advised not to take the stand
She can choose whether or not to give evidence. In many cases defendants are advised not to give evidence in court as then they are open to be cross examined by the prosecution. It's an interesting debate within legal research as to what effect a defendant choosing not to give evidence has on a jury. The prevailing thought I believe is that juries tend to view the avoidance of taking the stand in a negative light.

Reactions: 7
I want to know if the photo she took of the two babies together was for the parents or for her own phone. Because one option is explainable and one is sickening .
Surely there would be some policy about taking photos of the patients? Even if it was for the parents I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable knowing a nurse had taken any photos on her personal phone 🤯 just a weird thing to do imo

I know there has been some debate of the relevance or otherwise of her looks/skin colour.

Which I won't add to except to say I ventured onto Twitter (a mistake) in which people are complaining that the press shouldn't be using an innocent looking picture for her. One has even written to the BBC to complain.

Lots to unpick there but I'll suffice by saying, maybe they are hoping for something like this instead?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She did it and how anybody can defend her now is beyond me . Those poor families the hell she is putting them through doing a trial . Them notes in her home are big evidence she is pure pure evil

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.