Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to see what her defence could be. Possibly her team will throw blame on the hospital, the ward, management etc

Reactions: 9
Good god 🤣 The image of her just walking along and seeing some post it notes with I’M EVIL I DID THIS written on them while out on a little walk to the shops and thinking. “Hmm wonder what this is about. I’ll take that. Keep it with all those handover notes I’ve got” and whistling off innocently back home
Read my comment after please lovely.

Never once said this was an excuse. I was saying, will this be what the defence say. I guess I'll have to be extra detailed in future comments

Reactions: 2
I'm wondering if this case could be make or break for Myers career.
It's a big one, and a guilty verdict would mean Lucy is the worst female serial killer in the UK.
If every verdict was returned Not Guilty, it could be the absolute making for him. Given his history and the amount of cases he's had success with.
Just a thought that's popped into my head, sorry if it doesn't even make sense. (I hate the flu)

Reactions: 13
Which I totally agree with however that doesn’t mean she can’t also be a murderer???? 🤔🤔🤔 (aimed at defence not you haha)

Also, to others, they can’t go down the insanity route, if they were, they’d have had to say that already
Don't accused have to have a psychiatric evaluation beforehand?

Reactions: 4
It's a big one, and a guilty verdict would mean Lucy is the worst female serial killer in the UK.
If every verdict was returned Not Guilty, it could be the absolute making for him. Given his history and the amount of cases he's had success with.
Just a thought that's popped into my head, sorry if it doesn't even make sense. (I hate the flu)
I am just thinking this too.

Reactions: 3
he could end up being a not very liked man.

Reactions: 6
"Sometimes, things have gone wrong, or the necessary standards of care have not been met, irrespective of anything to do with Lucy Letby. For that, she should not get the blame."

Oh come on Ben, even your own client admitted to the police that some of the things that happened to those babies could not have been accidental.
Ahh the blame game cmon ur better than that Ben 😩🤣

Reactions: 2
"It is a theory built 'firmly' on coincidence."

This is a bleeping ballsy and bold statement to make after what the prosecution ended with.
It may be, but how many coincidences can there be before it adds up to pointing in a particular direction?

Reactions: 15
Don't accused have to have a psychiatric evaluation beforehand?
Yeah & I assume they will have done in this case & she’s well enough to stand trial. Also not guilty by insanity/diminished responsibility is EXTREMELY hard to prove as a defence as if she was “insane” then likely she wouldn’t have been able to hold down a job at all & likely she’d have been sectioned etc. they’d have to prove at the exact timescales of the murders she didn’t have capacity which is near hand impossible due to the time passed

Reactions: 3
She's a cold blooded, pre meditated killer. Even if there were shortfalls by the hospital, she was the one who did it. All killings and murders of people are awful but to do it to little defenceless babies is abhorrent and another level of evilness

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I guess the defence is just really going to push through to the jury that to charge her as guilty they need to be 100% sure with no reasonable doubt. Maybe they think if they put enough doubt out there they might just swing them.

Reactions: 9
The photo comment was mentioned directly after it was said she spent time with the parents following their babies’ deaths. My understanding was she took the photo of the babies in the cot for them but could have misinterpreted. I think if they had found the photo on her phone they would have specified that though, but it’s not very clear either way
Speaking from experience it’s quite common for parents to have photos taken of a still born baby 😢, I imagine because they were siblings this was the case on the unit also due to an unexpected death and the parents wanting a picture of them together. I imagine these were taken for the parents and the prosecution are making the point that even though she was allegedly responsible for the death she still acted as if she was sympathetic to the family in some unpalatable way. If they were in her own phone then OMG

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Jesus I feel dizzy after reading the post it note statements. Those poor poor families in the public gallery sitting through this.

Coincidence my arse.

Reactions: 13
Yeah & I assume they will have done in this case & she’s well enough to stand trial. Also not guilty by insanity/diminished responsibility is EXTREMELY hard to prove as a defence as if she was “insane” then likely she wouldn’t have been able to hold down a job at all & likely she’d have been sectioned etc. they’d have to prove at the exact timescales of the murders she didn’t have capacity which is near hand impossible due to the time passed
So if she's had one and she's standing trial, they can't argue insanity, can they.

Will she take the stand soon or?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.