Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone knows Greater Manchester Police are a tit show and there's a fair few corrupt officers in the ranks, but people fail to remember Rebecca Leighton also had drugs in her possession which she stole from Stepping Hill. Which is why they truly believed she was to blame 🙄
thanks fir that, I have been searching up why they believed it was her but couldn’t see anything. I think it has took this long because they are pretty certain and wanted as much evidence as they could get

Reactions: 2
thanks fir that, I have been searching up why they believed it was her but couldn’t see anything. I think it has took this long because they are pretty certain and wanted as much evidence as they could get
CPS probably said no the first few times then it was charge her or lose the case forever. I don't think you can rearrest someone forever.

It’s Manchester I believe, which is the main biggest city from her registered address or where the crimes took place, old Bailey is for those around London and surrounding areas :)
Thank you! I always associate old Bailey with serious/high profile cases so I presumed it would be there. Didn’t think area came into it. Thanks!

Really? But surely they'd have had the evidence showing she was there and nobody else was? Fair enough.
CPS won’t prosecute unless they are satisfied there is enough evidence for them to have a chance at a successful prosecution - that’s an incredibly high threshold.

then there is the sheer amount of babies who died, the time frame and the amount of evidence. They’d need to gather detailed and robust evidence for each baby.

thatll likely be the reason for the delay in receiving a charging decision.

Reactions: 5
It worries me a little that there's finding of evidence that seems to fit based on a criteria that was knocked back the first two times.

Reactions: 7
Just being nosey but do we know which court this is being done in? I’d of thought the old Bailey?
I’m quite surprised it’s not at the old Bailey considering some of the most high profile murder cases (Yorkshire ripper as one ex) from across the country have been there, unless they didn’t think this would get the ‘interest’ it has from the public. No idea why when it’s so shocking 😞

I’m quite surprised it’s not at the old Bailey considering some of the most high profile murder cases (Yorkshire ripper as one ex) from across the country have been there, unless they didn’t think this would get the ‘interest’ it has from the public. No idea why when it’s so shocking 😞
I imagine for the families of the victims aswell it was easier to keep it "close to home" as they'll be stressed out as it is if they're attending they don't need the added stress of finding accommodation for the next 6 months in London

Reactions: 15
We use dedicated TPN lines rather than new lines each time because that would be a massive infection risk I think, and very invasive to the patient? It’s prepped by one person but double checked and countersigned. Childrens nursing is different though, I believe every single drug administered should be countersigned (at least it is here). Agree easy for something to be added to TPN if on single prep.
That’s what I mean. We have dedicated lines. For the other nurse to use the same giving set with a new bag and new access but use a dirty giving set it’s a no go, any new access point needs a whole new set of infusion and lines and same as what you said TPN needs its own clean line. But the court says the nurse used the same line but a spiked new bag and connected to a new cannula which basically she spiked a new bag with a used giving set. A complete no no with Tpn. This screams lack of education within the unit! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
the six month trial length! It’s an incredibly long time, most courts are already trying to play catch up and I’m guessing the old Bailey was all booked up and couldn’t facilitate a 6 month trial for a long time.

It worries me a little that there's finding of evidence that seems to fit based on a criteria that was knocked back the first two times.
thats… not how it works

Reactions: 6
I imagine for the families of the victims aswell it was easier to keep it "close to home" as they'll be stressed out as it is if they're attending they don't need the added stress of finding accommodation for the next 6 months in London
There’s this also, but I think to be tried in a court like TOB away from the crown court nearest to you is based on exceptional circumstances in his case from my remembering was because both the defence and prosecution didn’t think he could have had a fair trial in Yorkshire so he was instead tried at TOB

this was probably due to the heavy reporting around the case though - LL case has had reporting restrictions in place so maybe that was to eliminate her chances of an unfair trial

Hi everyone, I’m new to these threads and have tried my best to catch up, but I’m sorry if I’ve missed anything. I have a couple of questions:

•is there any evidence that she Facebook searched for the families of others who died of natural causes? I know there’s been conflicting information about the number of other deaths on the ward, but surely at some other point in her career she’ll have encountered other patients who passed away. Then again, would the prosecution even look at that?

•I know some of the babies were saved (even on multiple occasions), but is there any evidence she personally attempted to save any of the babies she allegedly tried to murder? Beverley Allitt did that and enjoyed the attention of being the hero, just wondering if there’s any evidence of LL trying or sounding the alarm herself.

Other than that, what a shocking and horrific case! She reads as very awkward looking to me, and almost a bit absent/soulless looking, but I reckon I might just be getting that because I’m specifically analysing her.

Reactions: 4
Hi everyone, I’m new to these threads and have tried my best to catch up, but I’m sorry if I’ve missed anything. I have a couple of questions:

•is there any evidence that she Facebook searched for the families of others who died of natural causes? I know there’s been conflicting information about the number of other deaths on the ward, but surely at some other point in her career she’ll have encountered other patients who passed away. Then again, would the prosecution even look at that?

•I know some of the babies were saved (even on multiple occasions), but is there any evidence she personally attempted to save any of the babies she allegedly tried to murder? Beverley Allitt did that and enjoyed the attention of being the hero, just wondering if there’s any evidence of LL trying or sounding the alarm herself.

Other than that, what a shocking and horrific case! She reads as very awkward looking to me, and almost a bit absent/soulless looking, but I reckon I might just be getting that because I’m specifically analysing her.
We've only heard the opening statement of the prosecution so far, which is due to finish tomorrow.
I imagine if there is any evidence of her searching for other paitents, it will come out when the trial starts to go into further depth & her defense team have their turn.

Reactions: 4
Rebecca Leighton was released six weeks after being charged. It was proven there was a killer but they suspected the wrong person. Horrendous for Rebecca of course but further investigation discovered that it wasn’t actually her so they did the right thing and released her and arrested the correct person who was eventually found guilty. There was no cover up or scapegoating. It was a mistake that got corrected. But it was still a serial killer case.

I really don’t think the two cases are comparable. You could argue the reason they took so long to charge her was because they needed to be sure they had exhausted all other possibilities to avoid the Rebecca Leighton situation.

Reactions: 15
the six month trial length! It’s an incredibly long time, most courts are already trying to play catch up and I’m guessing the old Bailey was all booked up and couldn’t facilitate a 6 month trial for a long time.

thats… not how it works
So...they went to the CPS the first time and was knocked back for not enough evidence... went away and found some more... still not enough and third time lucky they had enough. So why did they have to dig so hard and for so long just to meet threshold?

It was me that requested a wiki page so I will make a start of it. I was thinking of adding the live reporting links at the top for easy access for people to fine and then keeping it quite strict with only info that comes out of court and not speculation and theories outside of that. I do the louise thompson wiki page and it’s essentially gossip but I think for this it needs to be kept factual (from court) as much as possible so it’s an information page. But open to thoughts and suggestions.

Im thinking of contents
- about
- links to live reporting
- timeline of charges
- Baby A (charges and info)
- Baby B etc

then maybe an other info section for any the extra information that’s not related to a specific baby

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So...they went to the CPS the first time and was knocked back for not enough evidence... went away and found some more... still not enough and third time lucky they had enough. So why did they have to dig so hard and for so long just to meet threshold?
It's not uncommon to be arrested pending further investigation and then arrested again. They may of had enough to only charge her with 3 murders on the first arrest, 5 murders on the second arrest and then everything else on the third. The CPS may of pushed them to look into it more.
Unless you're arrested with the murder weapon in your hands they've got to make sure their case is concrete and they can secure as many convictions as they can & serve some justice to those who have been affected by it.

**edited for piss poor grammar & spelling. I'm full of the flu!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.