Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby I 🥲🥲🥲
and sending a sympathy card …

it will be interesting to hear if any of her colleagues speak for the prosecution. I am sure looking back if she is guilty there will be things they recall that with hindsight might have had alarm bells ringing.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
If the circumstances around babies F, G, H and I collapses were so highly unusual and had no context or explanations - why was it not dealt with then?? Why are we on letter Q for god sake! :eek:

Reactions: 32
I'm really struggling with Child I guys. I may have to check out. I can't believe what I am hearing.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
So when the babies moved from the hospital they improved. Not just when they were apart from Lucy?
Even when back at Chester for 5 days the baby was fine. Lucy was absent from work those 5 days.

455DD0F9-58EC-4D44-AAA1-D719F84B07A8.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Reading the live feeds ( Judith moritz) on twitter between working and honestly I think she’s guilty !! I don’t even feel like I need to think about it anymore.
I don't know yet, the prosecution will always swing it to make it sound like she's guilty - that's their case. But I sometimes need to remind myself that there's always 2 sides!

Reactions: 12
The whole account of baby I being a little fighter is so sad and her behaviour is chilling.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
The awful thing is, I imagine most of the actual evidence isn't shared with parents etc as to not risk prejudicing the trial before it starts. Therefore, whilst they might have a rough idea of how many attempts etc, I assume they will be hearing a lot of the details for the first time in court.

It's almost like a double trauma, re-living their death or near death and also the awful circumstances surrounding it

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I just can’t comprehend the idea of Lucy being a scapegoat. If that was the case, why did babies stop dying when she was moved from the neonatal duties and placed in admin? If a hospital was failing so badly we would still see babies dying after she was moved or even after she was arrested, they magically just can’t stop being incompetent and negligent as soon as Lucy was chosen as the scapegoat. Regardless if it was a day shift, a night shift, or if the babies already had issues when born, when each baby died, the only common theme was that Lucy was present.

I think this case is different to Beverly Allit as Beverly was known to be a terrible nurse, disturbed mentally, attention seeking and a general malingerer. But with Lucy she was so thoroughly trained and clearly knew so much about child healthcare that people can’t deal with the fact she would kill babies.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Have been following but today has just about finished me off. Child I. I've tried to keep an open mind and i'm wanting to hear the defense of course but :( this is really really hard to read. My gut says LL is evil :(.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I just can’t comprehend the idea of Lucy being a scapegoat. If that was the case, why did babies stop dying when she was moved from the neonatal duties and placed in admin? If a hospital was failing so badly we would still see babies dying after she was moved or even after she was arrested, they magically just can’t stop being incompetent and negligent as soon as Lucy was chosen as the scapegoat. Regardless if it was a day shift, a night shift, or if the babies already had issues when born , when each baby died, the only common theme was that Lucy was the attending nurse.

I think this case is different to Beverly Allit as Beverly was known to be a terrible nurse, disturbed mentally, attention seeking and a general malingerer, so it wasn’t such a But with Lucy she was so thoroughly trained and clearly knew so much about child healthcare that people can’t deal with the fact she would kill babies.
Babies were still dying after she left. At higher then normal rates. Will try and find the article I saw it mentioned.

Reactions: 4
Babies were still dying after she left. At higher then normal rates. Will try and find the article I saw it mentioned.
This is what I am interested in knowing. There are 'facts' and 'statistics' presented but only in a very one sided way.

Reactions: 12
I was really unsure but the more I think about it the prosecutors must be pretty certain it’s her before dragging all those parents through this trial to relive the most tragic heart wrenching part of their life all over again in such a cruel way 😭 it seems to me the hospital also had failings too!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
This is what I am interested in knowing. There are 'facts' and 'statistics' presented but only in a very one sided way.
Gonna have a good look cause I 100% seen that even up til 2019 there was abnormally high death rates at the hospital.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Gonna have a good look cause I 100% seen that even up til 2019 there was abnormally high death rates at the hospital.
Can you let us know if you find the stats. Really interested to know the death rates for the years leading up to, during and after

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I Think it’s not an either or. Both the hospital was massively negligent and she is also a murderer. She should never have been allowed to continue as she did. How did the hospital let this happen? I think she exploited the weaknesses in the hospital
This is what I’m starting to think

Reactions: 3
I was really unsure but the more I think about it the prosecutors must be pretty certain it’s her before dragging all those parents through this trial to relive the most tragic heart wrenching part of their life all over again in such a cruel way 😭 it seems to me the hospital also had failings too!
I think they have to take it to trial though if she's pled not guilty don't they?

Reactions: 1
Just playing devils advocate - maybe she had texted a friend to say 'does this look ok to send?' etc. I could see myself snapping a pic of something to send a pal.
That was my line of thinking too. Again, in isolation it can be nothing sinister, but I guess the prosecution will try and argue it into the bigger picture. I imagine the defence will try and say exactly this

Edited to add...be interesting to see if the prosecution have gone through all her messages/WhatsApp etc around the time of the pic to see if she did message someone about it

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.