Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will be interesting to see if it is just the front of the card, or the message she has written in it too that has been photographed.

Reactions: 5
Did someone say it was the parents that decided to report the hospital? I do wonder which parent this was. Regardless of if Lucy is guilty im so upset for all these small kids being murdered or attempted murder.

A theory if she is guilty. Maybe she liked the buzz of trying to bring a child back to life. As she previously text its the fate of the child.

Is it just Facebook searches? Or has she been on Google searching other stuff about the parents. Where they work maybe.

Sorry I'm so far behind though I had caught up then spotted thread 3

I think they have to take it to trial though if she's pled not guilty don't they?
Yea but I think the evidence they have would have to satisfy the PPS to bring it to trial? Maybe I’m wrong though. To think this will go on for 6 months is crazy god love all those parents 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
If any of you are struggling with this, I know alot are following out of curiosity but unwatch the thread for a while and step away from your phones.
The opening statements are quite distressing which leads me to believe when we see each individual count the evidence along side of these will not be nice.
Please don't harm your mental health for the sake of morbid curiosity

• Heart
Reactions: 35
No no no no no all shades of wrong, Facebook, sympathy cards, trust me I'm a nurse, texting about baby deaths to her colleague making it all about her. I'm sorry, I know circumstantial but all pointing in one direction for me at the moment. We must resign ourselves to the possibility of a psychopath at work here.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
If she is guilty and after reading what child I went through and suffered through, I can’t even describe what I would do to her because I would be banned, that poor little girl fought so hard to live.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I've had to join after being a 3 year long lurker here.

I'm undecided in this case thus far and am following with interest.

With Child I, the "last attempt" it sounds as though she had no involvement with that child's care UNTIL she and another nurse responded to the child being in distress. So Child I had already previously collapsed before Lucy had had any dealings with her?

I asked the same question on the last thread; why wasn’t a thorough investigation started immediately when these incidents happened, all staff removed even, until they ascertained it wasn’t deliberate!!!! Babies being pumped with air to suffocate them, babies found profusely bleeding what the actual duck! And not one person was pulled in? No one called an immediate investigation? To me, she did it, she’s guilty, but the whole disgusting hospital is to blame for letting a killer run free like this for so long!!!!
I think part of the difficulty was, it didn’t occur to most people that someone would want to kill an innocent baby on purpose. LL is describe as a bubbly, nerdy, sweet woman. I know I’d never point her out as a serial killer in a line up.

hindsight is wonderful, what is a clear pattern now probably wasn’t as clear then.

she allegedly started murdering babies in March 2015 and up until July 2016. An independent inquiry was called (not sure when exactly) and police were involved by May 2017 with LL being arrested for the first time in July 2018.

So it looks like it took them about a year to clock what was happening - and the way the babies were murdered made it difficult to detect or notice.

cold comfort I guess, but I do think the hospital and staff reacted fairly rapidly and probably have saved many more babies. The responsibility of the deaths of those babies lies with their murderer and no one else IMO.

Reactions: 17
If any of you are struggling with this, I know alot are following out of curiosity but unwatch the thread for a while and step away from your phones.
The opening statements are quite distressing which leads me to believe when we see each individual count the evidence along side of these will not be nice.
Aw I love this post, it's always a good reminder for those effected and I wholeheartedly agree they should take a step back for a little bit. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We still haven't really heard the evidence though, this is just the bare outline. They must have a whole lot more in way of records, notes etc that can back up their allegation, as I just can't see how they got this past CPS otherwise
This 100%. They will back all of this up I'm sure

Reactions: 2
I'm struggling to follow, I posted a bit on the first thread but the actual trial is a lot.
I'll enjoy reading your guys thoughts and opinions which have been respectful and kind.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The 2 things that have got to me so far are the little baby who had the banner and cake for reaching 100 days and baby I. All the babies are obviously tragic and sad but those 2 have got to me 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I asked my partner last night, what could be the motive - cases like this thankfully are rare.

Our daughter was born in 2007 at around 22 weeks and 1kg - she was in hospital for many weeks, thankfully now she is fit and healthy - the medical care she received literally saved her life

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ok, so reading between the lines about the text she said to a colleague about being understimulated just doing feeding support (I can understand this as she was very qualified) then are the prosecution implying they think motive might have been to create issues so she had more to do? Comes back to God complex again

Reactions: 21
. It is such an emotive case, I doubt the people following are doing it out of 'morbid interest ' I'm sure a lot of mothers are following this purely to be informed of what has/can happen in a public building where nurturing should've taken place. Being informed is a powerful thing, however as you say and the part I agree with, if people feel it will affect their mental health, then please step away, take a break, speak with someone. You will find posts, I've posted one myself where people who are struggling can find support. BLISS. But please don't judge.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.