Lucy Letby case #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Thinking of you always” except in my police interview when I can’t remember anything to do with your baby.

This write up says Letby said in her police interview about that card that it was also because she got to know the family so well. Sorry, the mother said that Lucy didn’t have a rapport with parents and was more reserved than the other nurses and then of course her odd behaviour after baby died at the bath.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Thanks 😊 very judgemental about the lacey nightie
What a witch. Postnatal wards in my experience - and every single mother I’ve spoke to - are absolutely like ovens. Mum probably desperate to be cooled down.

Reactions: 11
75BB552D-64FC-4C02-AC2A-2FBD1DA7DC1B.jpeg

Messages following the usual pattern.

Offering an explanation for death ‘just don’t think she was strong enough’

Put down of other staff ‘not pulling their weight’ then discussion about all the praise she’s received ‘doctors speak very highly of her’

• Sick
Reactions: 17
I dread to think what she did to this baby to make her cry relentlessly 😫 awful awful stuff. Is baby I the baby with the liver injury?
Sorry checked wiki and not baby I, another poor baby.
I guess just filled her with air.Horrendous stuff today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I see the breaks and lunch break have been a lot shorter today, almost halved in time. Wonder if they will keep doing that to get the case back on track as there have been so many delays and short days.

Don't know what to make of that card she photographed and sent if she wasn't actually that close to the parents. Seems odd, especially as she didn't do it for any of the previous baby deaths.

Reactions: 9
That card reads to me like she’s trying to set the thought in the parents mind that she wasn’t around/involved at the time of I’s death…the line about not being there to say goodbye.

maybe after reflecting on her own OTT behaviour at the bathtub and mums annoyance at it

That card reads to me like she’s trying to set the thought in the parents mind that she wasn’t around/involved at the time of I’s death…the line about not being there to say goodbye.

maybe after reflecting on her own OTT behaviour at the bathtub and mums annoyance at it

The line about there to say goodbye was because she wasn't able to go to the funeral

Reactions: 2
Do some parents invite nurses to their baby’s funeral? I wondered if she was even invited.

I noticed though that mum didn’t refer to the card or funeral in her statement unless it wasnt reported. It would be interesting to know what she thought of the card.

Reactions: 11
I find the text in the card pretty odd. “Your loved one will be remembered with smiles”. This is a tiny baby who experienced so much suffering in their short life. Not a Nana who’s died in their 80s who filled their life with happy memories. It is tragic and distressing. Not something to look back on and smile about…unless you’ve enjoyed seeing a baby suffer so much.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
The more I read it, the more strange it gets. It’s very over the top for somebody with little to no relationship with these people. I know she’s a hun but “lots of love”?! To me it reads like somebody that thinks these are the things to say but doesn’t actually know/doesn’t have the real emotions. Again it’s mainly just the stark contradictions for me. Very odd to say in police interview that she barely remembers anything about baby I but sent this card with all these over the top statements.
The similarities with other babies are really overwhelming now I feel. How can BM say it’s yet another infection with no other signs. Baby stable and then at brink of death. She’s found on her own again. Things happening on breaks and when backs are turned. The Facebook searches in the middle of the night again, like she’s getting her hit.

Any analysis of the medical info today @docmum @Haveyouanywool x

Reactions: 16
Do some parents invite nurses to their baby’s funeral? I wondered if she was even invited.

I noticed though that mum didn’t refer to the card or funeral in her statement unless it wasnt reported. It would be interesting to know what she thought of the card.
probably thought it was innocent, cause the thought of thinking a nurse just murdered your child must be horrendous. Also i wonder if the card had slipped her memory as without looking at the bigger picture and take a murderer out of the equation she probably received loads of cards

probably thought it was innocent, cause the thought of thinking a nurse just murdered your child must be horrendous. Also i wonder if the card had slipped her memory as without looking at the bigger picture and take a murderer out of the equation she probably received loads of cards
oh yeah true. I’m looking at it with hindsight. But you are right, they would have had loads of cards and probably too traumatised to even register who they were from.
---

The more I read it, the more strange it gets. It’s very over the top for somebody with little to no relationship with these people. I know she’s a hun but “lots of love”?! To me it reads like somebody that thinks these are the things to say but doesn’t actually know/doesn’t have the real emotions. Again it’s mainly just the stark contradictions for me. Very odd to say in police interview that she barely remembers anything about baby I but sent this card with all these over the top statements.
The similarities with other babies are really overwhelming now I feel. How can BM say it’s yet another infection with no other signs. Baby stable and then at brink of death. She’s found on her own again. Things happening on breaks and when backs are turned. The Facebook searches in the middle of the night again, like she’s getting her hit.

‘lots of love’ is very unusual especially in a professional capacity. I would only write something like that with friends or family.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

I've only ever worked with adults or the elderly but the family usually inform the ward of the funeral arrangements and staff who worked closely with the patient or the families do attend funerals. I have seen all sorts of people attend the funeral of a patient from the ward managers to the domestics. I'm guessing this would be pretty much the same on a Neonatal ward.

Reactions: 7
She starts the card with “ there are no words “
That’s also on the supposed confession note.

• Wow
Reactions: 14

hey lovely. The reporting is still quite difficult to put in to context, some sections I was having to read a few times to make sense of what they meant. What did stick out was how she clearly tried to throw the inexperience of Ashleigh in to the mix. Felt really ‘sorry’ for her and the obvious panic and distress she was feeling too.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I find the text in the card pretty odd. “Your loved one will be remembered with smiles”. This is a tiny baby who experienced so much suffering in their short life. Not a Nana who’s died in their 80s who filled their life with happy memories. It is tragic and distressing. Not something to look back on and smile about…unless you’ve enjoyed seeing a baby suffer so much.
i too don’t like the “smiles” connotations.. child I’s mother said LL kept going on about how much the baby smiles during her first bath.. I feel sick at that but then when I read that after three attempts in October and then being off for (sorry I’ll check) but we’ll over a week 11 days? The day LL returned is the day that child was murdered .. that’s it for me

• Sad
Reactions: 13
hey lovely. The reporting is still quite difficult to put in to context, some sections I was having to read a few times to make sense of what they meant. What did stick out was how she clearly tried to throw the inexperience of Ashleigh in to the mix. Felt really ‘sorry’ for her and the obvious panic and distress she was feeling too.
I’ve tried to link it up with the wiki but it is quite difficult isn’t it. Yes thought that too, poor thing. And BM insinuating it was her inexperience too. Hellish experience for that poor nurse.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.